Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,381 members, 7,861,052 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:19 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029506 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2015
Patchesagain:

Learn the difference between:

-SOF (basically military Swat)
And
-Sf (teachers, trainers, eyes and ears)

And we will discuss

I am not interested in discussing with you, because you are not worth it ON THIS THREAD, A PHOTO THREAD, you will just mess up this thread with your fraudulent stuff and open lies. I just wanted to set records straight that NO special forces in Africa can match Nigerian SF in terms of diversified modern day training and constant modern war experience, even mighty Egypt CANNOT match Nigeria in this area .

Who cares about english language that you personally coin for your own use? special forces are what they are, or call them commandoes, there is no hard and fast law of definition of terms universally accepted around all the 150 armies of this world. Stop making things up in your privately created military dictionary of english language definitions. Nobody owns language.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2015
Henry240:

Thank you. Same as on the Nigerian Helo, he isn't intended to be.

That's not the point. I expect to see such on choppers belonging to such cash-strapped countries as Mali. Nigerian soldiers should not have to jig up such dangerous contraptions.

Here's a safe, stabilised (therefore accurate fire), non-permanent solution, designed by the CSIR for the SAAF Oryx:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
Nigerian Army Special Forces

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2015
jln115:

The guy in your pic isn't a door gunner, and his holding a 5.56 caliber m16 not a fvcking machine gun.

Also the sling is porpuse built, not mounted on the door(mounted on a window), does not impede access and looks professional.

frumentius:

A door-gunner manning the LMG on a chopper is not the same thing. It's precisely this tolerance of low expectations that's allowed your politicians to get away with under-funding the NA. Kudos to the men for making the best of a bad situation, it should not happen and it should not be defended.

Frumentius kindly shut up and stop messing up this thread.
why is it that when it relates with Nigeria then its automatically inferior?
your post reeks of jealousy and inferiority complex typical of people of your race.

All over the world, other countries more advance than yours utilize ropes to anchor their weapons for stability, reduced vibration, and thereby accuracy.
a rope is preferred due to its lightweight, non-bulky nature, flexibility and ease of manipulation.
stop following patches your leader, hes clueless, all he does is try to poke holes in other people achievements to look better.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:

your post reeks of jealousy and inferiority complex typical of people of your race.

All over the world, other countries more advance than yours utilize ropes to anchor their weapons for stability, reduced vibration, and thereby accuracy.
a rope is preferred due to its lightweight, non-bulky nature, flexibility and ease of manipulation.
stop following patches your leader, hes clueless, all he does is try to poke holes in other people achievements to look better.

Quod erat demonstrandum.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 6:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
frumentius:

Quod erat demonstrandum.
speak english dondi..whats your silly definition of 'door gunner'? dont come here sputtering junk about how a door gunner uses large caliber gun because thats your rationale.
whats a door gunner to you?

stultitia est titubante

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:

In not one of your pics are the soldiers using a sling to secure LMGs.

And P.S it was your very own Henry that started this whole mess.

Pic 1: USMC door gunner
Pic 2: Royal Army door gunner
Pic 3: Czech air force door gunner
Pic 4: German Luftwaffe door gunner

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:

speak english dondi..whats your silly definition of 'door gunner'? dont come here sputtering junk about how a door gunner uses large caliber gun because thats your rationale.

stultitia est titubante
Pic1 assualt rifle
Pic2 assualt rifle
Pic3 assualt rifle
Pic4 LMG!!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2015
jln115:

Pic1 assualt rifle
Pic2 assualt rifle
Pic3 assualt rifle
Pic4 LMG!!

whats your point
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:
whats your point
My point is that you don't hang machine guns on ropes!! Assualt rifles are a different debate all together.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2015
jln115:

My point is that you don't hang machine guns on ropes!! Assualt rifles are a different debate all together.

Your argument is "running in and about of it's-self", I really can't find a bearing.

Assault rifles simply are not a different debate, they are the exact same debate. They are both automatic weapons.

Weight: 3.2KG (M-16)

Weight : 8.2 KG (Pecheneg)

Weight : 14.2 KG (Barret 50.CAL)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
SA student protests

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
Henry240:

Thank you. Same as on the Nigerian Helo, he isn't intended to be.

You dont intend to have MG's on your helo?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
jln115:

your argument is stu.pid and baseless...

please go home you've embarrased yourself too much.
i'm done with this argument..
[size=16pt]STUDY THESE PICTURES CAREFULLY MATE[/size]

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
Henry240:
- MINUSMA

- AMISOM

The blanket will save us!!

When I was a small boy I would hide under my blanket if I thought there was a monster outside my window... little did I know that this is a legitimate military tactic!! wink grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
Patchesagain:

You dont intend to have MG's on your helo?

Not a permanent station on the Super-Puma. NAF MI-35 carries 2x LMG weapon stations.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
agaugust:

Why don't you quote where Nigeria lost weapons to RUF in that your weblink and list what equipment we lost?

Any lost Nigerian equipment will be searched for, found and destroyed by NA and NAF, that is our doctrine and we proved it again in this Boko Haram war, all equipment we lost were recovered on land or destroyed by air....the photos are all over Nairaland forum military threads.

SANDF doctrine is to leave all weapon s behind in the hands of rebels who capture them from SANDF, then you abandon those countries in the middle of war crisis and say your mandate has ended, as it the Africans dying there are not human beings, you abandon them and say you have done what you wish to do and nobody can hold South Africa responsible for the chaos it leaves behind in weaker smaller African nations that needed your help which you only give on your own selfish terms or you even refuse to help at all.

Nigeria defeated RUF and restored peace to Sierra Leone, Nigerian army supervised and controlled the surrender of ALL weapons and TOTAL DISARMAMENT of ALL rebels in Sierra Leone, and the country is still at peace today, and Nigerian army is still there building up that nation's army and supporting it's democracy to mature.

Show me which country has a war or near war crisis that SANDF intervened alone and that country has peace today. Don't quote UN multinational operations in Congo where Tanzania led the battle.

I have no anti-South African rhetoric, this argument started actually from the anti-Nigerian rhetoric of frumentius the South African who complained that photos of Nigerian SF training with ATGM in Belarus should not have been posted on this thread, how does he have a right to say that? Nigerian troops should not be seen training with anti- tank missiles? Envy? Hatred? Or both coming from the South Africans

1. No weapons were left behind - FACT

2. Nigeria lost weapons to the RUF - fact
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
Patchesagain:

The blanket will save us!!

When I was a small boy I would hide under my blanket if I thought there was a monster outside my window... little did I know that this is a legitimate military tactic!! wink grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin gringrin grin grin gringrin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin..... LMFAO
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
agaugust:

[s]I am not interested in discussing with you, because you are not worth it ON THIS THREAD, A PHOTO THREAD, you will just mess up this thread with your fraudulent stuff and open lies. I just wanted to set records straight that NO special forces in Africa can match Nigerian SF in terms of diversified modern day training and constant modern war experience, even mighty Egypt CANNOT match Nigeria in this area .

Who cares about english language that you personally coin for your own use? special forces are what they are, or call them commandoes, there is no hard and fast law of definition of terms universally accepted around all the 150 armies of this world. Stop making things up in your privately created military dictionary of english language definitions. Nobody owns language.[/s]

blah blah blah

If you are not familiar with technical military parlance then that is not my problem and is nothing but an indication of your rank ingnorance

There is nothing special about your SOF... they are dime a dozen.

When you get your hands on an actual SF unit... get back to us

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:

Notice that those are for marksmen and not mg's?

Jeez dude... come on

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
Henry240:

Your argument is "running in and about of it's-self", I really can't find a bearing.

Assault rifles simply are not a different debate, they are the exact same debate. They are both automatic weapons.
Ja, they are the same except that one fires 1000 + rounds per minute vs 500-600 per minute,weighs twice as much and carries 3x the amount of rounds.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:

stultitia est titubante

one of those pictures is not like the others.

3 are the same
1 is different

What is the difference?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:
your argument is stu.pid and baseless...

please go home you've embarrased yourself too much.
i'm done with this argument..
[size=16pt]STUDY THESE PICTURES CAREFULLY MATE[/size]
Wow!! How old are these pics?? We live in the 21st century mate...if you haven't noticed!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
SANDF GENERAL GIVEN COMMAND OF MONUSCO

All 20 000 Soldiers now fall under the command of South African Lieutenant General Derrick Mgwebi

The first African to command MONUSCO, a very proud achievement and about time indeed!

A fantastic day!
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/mgwebi-to-head-uns-drc-mission-20151229

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
jln115:

Ja, they are the same except that one fires 1000 + rounds per minute vs 500-600 per minute,weighs twice as much and carries 3x the amount of rounds.

Both automatic weapons.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
Henry240:

Not a permanent station on the Super-Puma. NAF MI-35 carries 2x LMG weapon stations.

We have permanent stations on our pumas... even engineered them so that they can swing out of the way when troops get on or off
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:

Its funny how none of those pictures don't show any of those soldiers holding a MACHINE Gun.

Those are all Sniper Rifles, they use straps to help Snipers take more accurate shots from helicopters.
You can not compare a door gunner to a Sniper.

Please show me a pic of any professional Military using straps to stabilise Machine Gun.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
Henry240:

Both automatic weapons.
A400m and a Cessna caravan are both prop driven aircraft.....are they the same?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2015
Patchesagain:

Notice that those are for marksmen and not mg's?

Jeez dude... come on
WHAT ABOUT THESE BELOW? CAN YOU FIND AN EXCUSE FOR THEM?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:
WHAT ABOUT THESE BELOW? CAN YOU FIND AN EXCUSE FOR THEM?

Yes, that is from the inception of airborne operations

They we still figuring it out back then.... we have moved on.

FYI - that was a war before plate carriers were issued to men (only flak vests)... does that justify not issuing plate carriers today?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
jln115:

A400m and a Cessna caravan are both prop driven aircraft.....are they the same?

Go read my initial post were i outlined weight differences.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
jln115:

Wow!! How old are these pics?? We live in the 21st century mate...if you haven't noticed!
so now they are old?
i thought u said it cant be done?
ok now it can be done but its an old method? is that your argument now?

the goal post is over here >>>>>

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.