Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:03 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029767 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ct

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 11:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
agaugust:

For civilian election 2016 purposes, the war in Congo is over long time ago. No shots to be fired to kill by 20,000 UN troops next year, no more helicopter and artillery war, it`s peace time in Congo, it`s political elections time. Simple, please don`t over-blow simple facts that we all know, just to suit your thirst for some `glory and pride`.

Congo DRC now has peace, do not wish them war just to prove a point or glory hunting

Look at this map, does this look like "peace"?

Just this month the UN was conducting combat operations in the DRC
http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2015/12/02/South-African-forces-attack-Congo-rebels%E2%80%9A-sparking-possible-diplomatic-row

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
LOL..... Nigerian Army Cobra's are still kicking butt!

It looks severely battle scared with 7.62mm scars all over it.

There seem to be 2 Bigfoot MRAPs behind the Cobra.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 11:51pm On Dec 29, 2015

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 30, 2015
Henry240:

Very very attractive fighter! One of the best advanced trainers in the market great for light attack roles. "Yakoloev" provided engineers to AVIC to work on this project. A directs T-50 golden eagle, Yak-130 competitor.

The Ukrainian company has been in service since 45, I'm sure they have the experience to deliver.

More like a J-10B, SU-35 trainer.
Not doubting the reputation of Ivchenko at all, they were the engine supplier of both the largest fixwing aircraft ever built, and largest helicopter ever built.

What concerns me is the current state Ukraine finds themselves in at the moment especially economically.

I would love it if SAAF could acquire the AN-70 as I feel it does everything the A400m does at a fraction of the cost.... But with all the shiit going on in Ukraine, there is so much doubt that they could even deliver such an order let alone provide decent after service. It's thus for this reason I sceptical!

I also read that Pakistan is interested in the l15 to fulfill the fighter trainer role!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 6:50am On Dec 30, 2015
jln115:

Not doubting the reputation of Ivchenko at all, they were the engine supplier of both the largest fixwing aircraft ever built, and largest helicopter ever built.

What concerns me is the current state Ukraine finds themselves in at the moment especially economically.

I would love it if SAAF could acquire the AN-70 as I feel it does everything the A400m does at a fraction of the cost.... But with all the shiit going on in Ukraine, there is so much doubt that they could even deliver such an order let alone provide decent after service. It's thus for this reason I sceptical!

I also read that Pakistan is interested in the l15 to fulfill the fighter trainer role!!

Saudi arabia just placed order for 30units of AN-178 and would jointly market it in the region, plus the talks of westernizing the AN heavy lifters to attract potential customers from the west, things couldn't get any better for antonov.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 30, 2015
Henry240:
Zambian Airforce L-15 advanced trainer aircraft

Speed - Mach 1.4

Combat radius - 550km

- Hardpoints - 7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 6:56am On Dec 30, 2015
jln115:

Ukraine has an excellent overall high capacity technology industry which unfortunately, the Ukraine Armed Forces didn't benefit from, all they do is build and sell..
meanwhile, their military was in shambles and decrepit. thats a lesson for all Africans in general.

anybody expecting Ukraine to provide after-sale MRO service at this time needs to check his or her hear. (no pun intended).

the an-70 is a good plane, cheap rugged and forgiven to lack of maintenance. A good alternative to the A-400m. everybody needs it,

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 30, 2015
2 of the 6 Algerian Air Force Raytheon Beech 1900D Multi Mission Surveillance Aircraft

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 30, 2015
lionel4power:

Ukraine has an excellent overall high capacity technology industry which unfortunately, the Ukraine Armed Forces didn't benefit from, all they do is build and sell..
meanwhile, their military was in shambles and decrepit. thats a lesson for all Africans in general.

anybody expecting Ukraine to provide after-sale MRO service at this time needs to check his or her hear. (no pun intended).

the an-70 is a good plane, cheap rugged and forgiven to lack of maintenance. A good alternative to the A-400m. everybody needs it,

Saudi Arabia Wants to Buy 30 Ukrainian An-178 Military Transport Aircraft

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 30, 2015
Equatorial Guinea plans to buy BMP-3 infantry fighting vehicles from Russia - manufacturer

MOSCOW, December 26. /TASS/. Equatorial Guinea plans to buy from Russia BMP-3 infantry fighting vehicles, work on a relevant contract will start in 2016, a spokesman for the Tractor Plants concern, which manufactures the vehicles, told TASS. "In 2016, work on a contact with Equatorial Guinea is planned. The country plans to buy BMP-3 vehicles. Besides, implementation of contracts to supply spare parts to the UAE, Venezuela, South Korea, India will be continued," the spokesman said.

More:
http://tass.ru/en/defense/847135

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 30, 2015
A Marine with U.S. Marine Forces Europe and Africa and Uganda People’s Defense Force soldiers brace themselves while breaching a structure during a demolitions exercise at Camp Singo, Uganda

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 30, 2015
i was in detention for a while grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 30, 2015
africaken:
i was in detention for a while grin

Lol.... Detention, what did you do?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 30, 2015
africaken:
Saudi Arabia Wants to Buy 30 Ukrainian An-178 Military Transport Aircraft
I prefer the KC390 over the AN178....but if I had to choose one for the SAAF I wouldn't choose any of the two..... Tactical airlift aircraft with turbo fans have no place in Africa.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 30, 2015
Henry240:

Lol.... Detention, what did you do?
regular stuff LOL
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 30, 2015
jln115:

I prefer the KC390 over the AN178....but if I had to choose one for the SAAF I wouldn't choose any of the two..... Tactical airlift aircraft with turbo fans have no place in Africa.
AN178 has this sexy slick look that i like,in time we may see several of this planes in africa.considering it could be used for multi role purposes e.g military VIP transport
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 30, 2015
Henry240:
Zambian Airforce L-15 advanced trainer aircraft

Speed - Mach 1.4

Combat radius - 550km

- Hardpoints - 7
china is seriously making inroad into traditional western and russia arms markets
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 30, 2015
africaken:
china is seriously making inroad into traditional western and russia arms markets

It is the Russians, French and Germans that are at the risk. I expect the U.S to be unfazed by Chinese export growth.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 30, 2015
#Nigeria COIN #WaronTerror #CTCOIN #Sniper #Bravery

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 30, 2015
Nigerian Navy SBS

Nigeria's Premier Special Forces Unit.

All potential SBS recruits have to be,

- Airborne qualified

- Underwater combat qualified

- Mountaineering qualified

-Desert warfare qualified

- Small boat tactics qualified

- Recon/Intel qualified

-VBSS qualified

- CQC qualified

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2015
Nigerian Navy SBS

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 11:01am On Dec 30, 2015
Henry240:
Nigerian Navy SBS
Quick question, do they walk around with sepearte camo?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 30, 2015
M14A1:

Quick question, do they walk around with sepearte camo?

Nope! They always have to be camo consistent. Camo choice also depends on the terrain they are deployed in.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 11:09am On Dec 30, 2015
Henry240:
#Nigeria COIN #WaronTerror #CTCOIN #Sniper #Bravery

Honestly these guys are warriors... cool

The guy in the middle his using a magazine of a RPK light machine for a beryl riffle seems innovative!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 11:20am On Dec 30, 2015
africaken:
Equatorial Guinea plans to buy BMP-3 infantry fighting vehicles from Russia - manufacturer

Bmp_3 is a quality vehicle

That's a good buy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 30, 2015
Henry240:

It is the Russians, French and Germans that are at the risk. I expect the U.S to be unfazed by Chinese export growth.
this has also forced russia,french,UK,Germans to sell to anyone some of its most sensitive technology,america has also forsaken its low end arms market which others are gladly filling
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:38am On Dec 30, 2015
africaken:
i said 400km not 40km,tell me which air to air missile's has those ranges! where did you read that a AWAC or tanker operating with 40 km range of the enemy!

Typo on my behalve
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:39am On Dec 30, 2015
horlams:

Cheaper? Really?

It is quite sloppy to say the Gripen is better than the su-30 ..vice versa too

Well yes. It is cheaper thanks to being more modern and single engiened.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
UN peacekeepers get new "no nonesense" commander in CAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7xlCX26yQU
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mzilakazi(m): 12:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
THE NEW COMMANDER OF THE LARGEST UN MISSION, MONUSCO.

LT GENERAL: DERRICK MBUYISELO MGWEBI FROM SOUTH AFRICA

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3238720_0007514b1_jpeg9ba317d8098dc5da8608bdb6de5f27ed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
South Africa's Geographic Challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP2EmglUeIQ

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.