Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,394 members, 7,861,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:32 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029674 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
MikeCZAR:
mail it to me mate.
I sent you that NL email thing!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2016
patches689:

COIN is COIN and we have exemplified our powress in COIN warfare - from Angola to DRC as well as private operators in East Africa who thrashed RUF and Angola who in months did what the Luanda goverment could not do in 30 tears

Afterall, even Nigeria hired South Africans to train a unit to fight in our style... while the DRC has chosen us to be the main trainers of her men.

The fighting against BH and Al-ChickenKebab falls more into 4g warfare than COIN in any case, which means they are easyer to fight than typical Insurgents
There is no such thing as RUF in East Africa
I generally just ignore these kinds of debates, but did you just say fighting terrorists is easier than fighting rebels? are you high right now??
First of all, COIN is not COIN you cannot and should never equate COIN in Nigeria with COIN in a DRC, one is coin fighting terorists with an Ideology and the other i fighting power hungry rebels,whose goal is to remove the govt from office. the UN mission in DRC killed 500 men and the rest ran away into surrender, In one battle that lasted for 25 hours KDF special Forces killed +400 AS militants, one week later, alshabaab was still attempting to attack an army base with suicide missions. 4g warfare also means there is no clear win, you attack a town, they melt into a population, wait for you to relax then blow themselves up in your face in the name of religion.There is also no clear battlefield, (you wont be seeing M23 travelling to Tz or SA to wage an asymmetric warfare on your soil)... The US and its western coalition spend billions of dollars in M.East for the last 15Years in the war on terror, can we say they have won or made things worse? do you think one day AQ/ISIS will sit down with the US and talk it out like what most rebel groups do?

groups like alshabaab have constant flow of money, they recruite far and wide, and its not just anyone, they have brighyt graduates who know stuff about explosives,IEDs........... you want to compare this with rebels who believe witchcraft can stop a bullet?

The unit responsible for launching Jihad in Kenya

They are better equipped than all other units, with most of the fighters armed with AK-47 rifles, hand grenades and machineguns. They are trained to navigate treacherous terrain, walk long distances and use donkeys and camels for transportation.

"They are considered to be the toughest jabha [frontline] unit in al Shabaab and require a special selection process. Members are deployed for between six months and a year, with only one month off.

"The group's six-month training is hard because it involves a lot of walking, up to days at a time, covering hundreds of kilometers," one security report says.

Jeysh Ayman is led by Amir Ramzi as head of Unit and Weapons, Habib Karongo from Nairobi's Majengo as Physical Fitness trainer, Ahmad Iman Ali, aka Abu Zinira, in charge of da'wah (preaching) and Maalim Ayman, Wilderness Survival trainer.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 11, 2016
Nigerian COIN

Photos are a little dated, all from 2013.

Nigerian soldiers kitted with DICON bulletproof vest.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
(Ahead of Maulid Festival) KDF SF in Lamu island were in a rare show off mode

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 11, 2016
jln115:

Good thing his/shes not with a Yank!! We might be able to get him/her back alive this time!!
AQIM has threaten its going to attack Sweden,now tell me what did Sweden do piss off this alqaeda jihadist .if you assume its more dangerous to be an america than anyone else !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 11, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 11, 2016
denisfidha:
(Ahead of Maulid Festival) KDF SF in Lamu island were in a rare show off mode

there is a secret airbase run by Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) flying manned spy planes in lamu
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
patches689:

COIN is COIN and we have exemplified our powress in COIN warfare - from Angola to DRC as well as private operators in East Africa who thrashed RUF and Angola who in months did what the Luanda goverment could not do in 30 tears

Afterall, even Nigeria hired South Africans to train a unit to fight in our style... while the DRC has chosen us to be the main trainers of her men.

The fighting against BH and Al-ChickenKebab falls more into 4g warfare than COIN in any case, which means they are easyer to fight than typical Insurgents
is this the same south africa army that took off and left a genocide continuing in CAR after your debacle.all we read is hearsay of what you did in CAR

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2016
congo brazzaville air force IL-76 strategic airlifter

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 11, 2016
africaken:
AQIM has threaten its going to attack Sweden,now tell me what did Sweden do piss off this alqaeda jihadist .if you assume its more dangerous to be an america than anyone else !
Nope you clearly misunderstood me!! I was referring to a previous hostage situation, where a South African and American hostage were held in Yemen by Al-Qaeda, thanks to our Intelligent Service with the help of the non profit organization "Gift of the Givers" we successfully negotiated the release of the hostage's wife a few months prior.

1 fvcking Day before the release date of our hostage, the US sent in a SFs team to rescue their hostage, even after our authorities pleaded them to postpone their mission.

Obviously they ignored our request, and like you can guess they totally fvcked up and both hostages were killed.....Why? because apparently the US SFs team did not realize there was a fvcking dog....Yes a fvcking dog!! Their mission was compromised by a fvcking DOG!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 11, 2016
africaken:
is this the same south africa army that took off and left a genocide continuing in CAR after your debacle.all we read is hearsay of what you did in CAR
Dont blame the SANDF, blame the AU!! we were ready to invade CAR!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 7:56pm On Jan 11, 2016
africaken:
if you are that so good then why dont you rescue that south african held hostage by AQIM ! stop telling us how good you are and show us.this is not the 70's and 80's when terrorist wanted their demands met before they released their hostages,you need know that and know what an active shooter scenario is before gloating with pride with how exceptional you are .what did you do when two south african were kidnapped by somalia pirates,who at the end got paid their ransom money! http://sosbrunodebbie.co.za/

Dude you've completely missed the point of my argument, you're letting you animosity towards S.A cloud your judgement.

Where on my comment did I talk abt rescuing hostages from overseas. Agaugust was asking me abt the failed Kenyan Hostage rescue which was an internal issue and a matter of dealing a hostage situation in your own country it has nothing to do with rescuing someone from outside the country I don't know why you had divert the discussion to things that happen beyond a countries borders, I used the STF and Tactical Response team because they've been doing a brilliant job at dealing with Hostage situations within the Country, I didn't say anything abt them being able to exact hostages from outside their country, next time please read and understand what's written before letting your emotions get the better of you.

Or can you tell me that our STF have failed in dealing with Hostage situations within the Country? Because Garisa and West Gate incidents were all internal issues, so because its an internal hostage rescue that's why I believe S.A could help Kenya with training for such situations.

My main point is that I'd rather see Africans training each other.

Pride aside I'd rather see, S.A being trained in Nigeria for jungle Warfare than by a country outside the continent.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 11, 2016
jln115:

Dont blame the SANDF, blame the AU!! we were ready to invade CAR!!
we didn't join AMISOM until later after we invaded sourthern somalia,AU doesn't have that much authority but i can promise you one day your going to be called upon to fight those jihadist
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 11, 2016
africaken:
we didn't join AMISOM until later after we invaded sourthern somalia,AU doesn't have that much authority but i can promise you one day your going to be called upon to fight those jihadist
The SANDF were only in CAR as trainers and to protect the President, both of those objectives were achieved, we weren't there on a peacekeeping mission. Also it was the AUs view that sending more troops would only escalate the situation.

Even if Seleka didn't engage us, they would've still taken the Capital, as with the French that had a similar size force in Bangui it wasn't our objective to protect Bangui...our troops unfortunately found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time, and had to defend themselves when they came under fire from Seleka, which they did brilliantly!!

And yes, if the time comes to face Jihadist, you can count on the SANDF to be up for the fight, they have proven themselves countless times!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 11, 2016
Ghana K-8 for short, is a two-seat intermediate jet trainer

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
jln115:

The SANDF were only in CAR as trainers and to protect the President, both of those objectives were achieved, we weren't there on a peacekeeping mission. Also it was the AUs view that sending more troops would only escalate the situation.

Even if Seleka didn't engage us, they would've still taken the Capital, as with the French that had a similar size force in Bangui it wasn't our objective to protect Bangui...our troops unfortunately found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time, and had to defend themselves when they came under fire from Seleka, which they did brilliantly!!

And yes, if the time comes to face Jihadist, you can count on the SANDF to be up for the fight, they have proven themselves countless times!!

Libya is waiting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGndVP6xuWs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2016
Military of Gabon EC 120 light utility helicopter

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 11, 2016
africaken:
Libya is waiting

Cool!! Who's going to pay for our deployment though!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 12:38am On Jan 12, 2016
africaken:
Libya is waiting

Nah I Highly doubt that we would be given a ticket to that party especially because of the new Western "Intervention Force" going in soon, I heard it was going to be a coalition lead by Italy or something, I'm not really sure though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:27am On Jan 12, 2016
GoPro Helmet Cam Footage From Mexican Marines During Capture Of El Chapo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMYm8x_T1fM

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 12, 2016
DRC congo Hind and MI-17

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 12, 2016
africaken:
GoPro Helmet Cam Footage From Mexican Marines During Capture Of El Chapo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMYm8x_T1fM

This mexican unit is clearly very well trained, i love the footage.

Is there a much longer footage?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 12, 2016
Nigerian Army Airborne troops

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 12, 2016
Nigerian Navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 12, 2016
Nigerian Army Amphibious troops training

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 10:50am On Jan 12, 2016
africaken:

We were never in the CAR to do anything but train a small protection detail of Bozizes men

And to protect Bozize while until his men completed their training

You cannot equate a small training mission getting sucked into a fight to anything else.

If 200 men, with no support, could stop the Seleka for 13 hours and get Seleka to offer a cease-fire... one only has to wonder what a full battalion of men with the usual support would have acheived
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
SANDF soldier in North-Kivu DRC.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
Anti-poaching team and a local sportsman

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 12, 2016
patches689:
Siya Kolisi!! Beeeaasssttt..........oh wait wrong guy hehe!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 12, 2016
patches689:

What rifle is that?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
Henry240:

What rifle is that?

They are both just AR platforms with fancy hand-guards

One has a 20inch barrel and the other a 16inch carbine barrel
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
patches689:

We were never in the CAR to do anything but train a small protection detail of Bozizes men

And to protect Bozize while until his men completed their training

You cannot equate a small training mission getting sucked into a fight to anything else.

If 200 men, with no support, could stop the Seleka for 13 hours and get Seleka to offer a cease-fire... one only has to wonder what a full battalion of men with the usual support would have acheived
you said only 200 men were fighting against seleka,that is to say you were training a phantom army

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.