Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,340 members, 7,839,605 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5999810 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (2847) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 8:43am On Feb 10, 2016
africaken:
i just seeing cooking off tank,i dont know which youtube video your watching !

Same one as you.

Anyway, I think we have reached about as far as we are going to go in this discussion.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 10, 2016
patches689:

Thats an AR-15 without the rear-sight and a fixed forward sight, the optics are mounted on the hand rail (Which forms the rear sight)... thus they do not ruin your sight picture.

Pics I posted were from a SCAR

It seems you just want to argue for the sake of it

which parts of a SCAR are this ! is that a piece 2 x 4 block of wood !

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 10, 2016
patches689:

Same one as you.

Anyway, I think we have reached about as far as we are going to go in this discussion.

ok grin grin grin grin smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 8:51am On Feb 10, 2016
africaken:
which parts of a SCAR are this ! is that a piece 2 x 4 block of wood !

Its called a shooting bench.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 8:54am On Feb 10, 2016
africaken:
ok grin grin grin grin smiley

Nothing like some vigorous debate during ones lunch break grin

Anyway, status update from Syria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=OyjNykc0c8Q

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 10, 2016
patches689:

Its called a shooting bench.

the Eotech holographic reticle do fail
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 10, 2016
uganda AMISOM sniper

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:58am On Feb 10, 2016
patches689:

It does not.

It obscures your sight picture.

Just because I did not reply does not mean I agree.
LOOK AND LEARN.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:07am On Feb 10, 2016
lionel4power:
LOOK AND LEARN.

1. Thats not a SCAR

2. The rear iron-sight has been removed

I have allready posted the veiw of a SCAR with iron sights flipped up.

This discussion is over.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:16am On Feb 10, 2016
Spionkop running through her drills

One of the drills aboard the vessel saw a surface rapid engagement firing practice taking place with a Dancan, launched from the flight deck as a target.

The order was given by the Commanding Officer to engage the hostile target using the Spioenkop’s primary ballistic weapon, the 76 mm medium gun. A lock-on was achieved with the optical radar tracker. Thirty high explosive direct action rounds were fired at the target, which was instantly destroyed by the initial burst.

The gunnery exercise continued after destruction of the target to provide exposure to junior operators on other weapons designated for the exercise. This included the 35 mm dual purpose gun and the 12.7 mm remotely operated machinegun.

The Super Lynx embarked on Spioenkop on 29 January conducted a surface picture compilation (SURPIC) and successfully located BNS Amazonas, a Brazilian Navy offshore patrol vessel (OPV) also en route to India for the International Fleet Review and Exercise Ibsamar V.

At 06h00 the next day the Lynx was launched and Amazonas was detected and tracked before the captain decided on simulated missile attacks on the “target”.

Evolutions such as Replenishment at Sea (RAS) - a light line transfer at about 40 m off the starboard beam and the Lynx conducting controlled landings on board the Brazilian vessel, a number of vertical replenishments on both ships and M3M gun firing from the Lynx completed the day’s activities.

Prior to this two basic interdiction boarding exercises were done with South African Special Forces and the Maritime Reaction Squadron (MRS) boarding the Amazonas. The second saw Brazilian Special Forces repaying “the favour” by boarding the South African vessel, simulating an anti-piracy search and seizure mission.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:24am On Feb 10, 2016
More info about the Kenyan VN4's

- 30 ordered
- transport for the police force and 2 220 assorted vehicles have been provided through a lease arrangement which has more than doubled police visibility on the ground.

About the VN4:

Weight: 9t
Unveiled: 2009
Capacity: 8
Range: 700km
Hull: all-welded steel armor, protection against small arms and shell splinters
Armament: CQ, 7.62 × 51 GPMG (Chinese FN MAG variant)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 10, 2016
patches689:

1. Thats not a SCAR

This discussion is over.

you want to tell us you can co-witness a FN SCAR assault rifle !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etGWb2ItzBw

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
patches689:

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
patches689:

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 10, 2016
patches689:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 10, 2016
patches689:

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
Nigerian Navy's Fleet Re-capitalisation Efforts continues.

- NNS Ekun,

- NNS Siri,

- NNS Damisa all three(3) vessels are currently undergoing an overhaul process at the Nigerian Navaldockyard Limited

*P.S, it also seems the Nigerian Navy has built a small 12 meters craft. The boat is clearly visible on a kneel to the right of this photo.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 10, 2016
lionel4power:

Please @Henry240 look at this your photo critically, which country brought their corvette and OPV to this great event? I'm still straining my two eyes to spot any corvette in your photo.
This year 2016 nations navies are measured by how many destroyers and frigates they posess, if you like have 100 Corvettes and OPVs nobody will still respect you.
Nigeria is a gigantic and powerful country as such she deserve a powerful navy we should not arm our navy like small countries. see even Isreal the masters at unconventional warfare and anti-terror fight still wants to buy destroyers and has 8 submarines.

while Nigerian Navy keeps fighting pirates up and down with gunboats and our politicians keep massacaring the funds for REAL WARSHIP purchase. Terrorisim will never stop, it has started looking like an excuse govt. officials use to avoid buying REAL WARSHIPS.

The amount of Gunboats, OPVs, and Corvettes we have in our arsenal is enough, we have about 300+ or more medium to small-size vessels for anti piracy operations.... is Nigerian Navy now the Gunboat master of the world.

We've not even talk about submarines sef when are we going to buy that? the way things are going we may not buy subs till i die and anything short of 3 units is not enough.

Please spot the odd one out below

Threats differ and for us to succeed, we must do things not based on what others think or what they look like but primarily on our current threat assessment and the values this sorts of acquisition would bring to our national security.

Agreed, all Nigerian defence enthusiasts/commentators would like to go back to the glory days of the 80s when we had a very formidable military.......... I surely would want that, however in the short term, i do not see how a Frigate or Submarine purchase guarantees our security at this point.

I'm of the opinion that the de-militarization of the Nigerian military into what was essentially a peacekeeping force in the late 90s and early 2000s has led to the rise of extremist groups in not just Nigeria but the entire West-Africa and a direct threat to our collective security. To deal with these problems in West-Africa, Nigeria has to arm up, so the enemy or the potential enemy in West-Africa knows that Abuja is able to rapidly project decisive force, is a significant deterrent to an armed adversary.

However my is , build our local capacity to deploy equipment made in Nigeria, while we purchase intelligently to adequately equip all our commands. No matter how you look at it 4 or 5 corvettes is better than having 2 or 3 Frigates.

Respect comes from the government's ability to defend her people and the foreigners who have chosen to do business in the said country.

*P.S, i don't see Saudi-Arabia getting respect despite the kingdoms well documented fleet of Gucci gear

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:18pm On Feb 10, 2016
africaken:

you want to tell us you can co-witness a FN SCAR assault rifle !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etGWb2ItzBw

I recommend going through the discussion and reviewing what was under discussion.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2016
patches689:

I recommend going through the discussion and reviewing what was under discussion.
now you want to turn this into a pissing contest,like your usual way
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 1:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts for Fighter Jets- NAF

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Baba Abubakar has lauded the management of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Company for providing the needed technical support that has enabled the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) to sustain its operations against the Boko Haram insurgents. The Company, at a time when the NAF would have been forced to ground its entire fleet of Alpha Jets due to lack of brake assembly, had helped to locally modify and overhaul the brake assembly of the MB-339 aircraft for adoption on the Alpha Jets. This ingenious effort by IVM is instrumental to the continued operation of the Alpha Jets, and had helped to save the day when help was not forthcoming from abroad. Air Mshl Abubakar stated that the contribution by IVM deserves national recognition and award, given the important role played by the Alpha Jet in the ongoing counter insurgency operations in North East Nigeria.
The collaboration between the NAF and IVM is in line with one of the key drivers of the CAS vision which is “strategic partnership with ministries, departments and agencies for enhanced research and development”. Beyond the feat, the NAF is poised to exploit the possibilities of mass producing the Alpha Jet break assembly and other parts locally by partnering with IVM, as well as other credible organisations, to build own capacity for enhanced self-reliance. The invitation of IVM team to Headquarters Nigerian Air Force for further discussions was based on this premise.
The CAS, while receiving the Chairman IVM, Mr Innocent Chukwuma and team members in his office, expressed the willingness by the NAF to expand the scope of existing research and development collaboration with IVM. “Our partnership with IVM would not end with the Alpha jet break assembly but a leeway to forge new frontiers, through research and development, to replicate some of the spares needed by our platforms” the CAS said. Air Mshl Abubakar stated that the feat has not only saved the country huge foreign exchange that otherwise would have been spent abroad but also adding value to Nigerians through provision of job opportunities.
Meanwhile, the Chairman IVM has expressed the readiness of his company to partner with the NAF to help manufacture locally some of the spares needed to keep its aircraft operational. Mr Innocent Chukwuma noted that such synergy as existing between the NAF and IVM would help to reduce the dependence on foreign technologies while promoting self-reliance, as well as technological and economic development. He disclosed that his company has the expertise to locally manufacture and assemble a number of automobile products that would be of benefit to the NAF.
You are please requested to kindly use your mass media to disseminate this information for the awareness of the general public. Thanks for your usual support and cooperation.
Group Captain Ayodele Famuyiwa
Director of Public Relations & Information
Nigerian Airforce Force

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
sudan army future tactical gear

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
africaken:
now you want to turn this into a pissing contest,like your usual way

Nope, I left this alone days ago.

If you lads wanna keep picking up on it thats fine, I will respond.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
rugged7:
Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts for Fighter Jets- NAF

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Baba
Group Captain Ayodele Famuyiwa
Director of Public Relations & Information
Nigerian Airforce Force

This is the sort of cooperation i consistently advocate for. Local solutions for our global problem.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
NAF Beechcraft

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 1:48pm On Feb 10, 2016
Well said, Oga Henry

This is what we need...

Proforce, Nigerdock, innoson- infact all local Nigerian industries integrated into our military industrial complex...

Henry240:

This is the sort of cooperation i consistently advocate for. Local solutions for our global problem.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
patches689:

1. Thats not a SCAR

This discussion is over.
first there are twi types of co-witnessing if the absolute doesnt work you can rise the scope alitlebit, the pic you showed from your "shooting bench"
The scar is said to fit perfectly, so dont argue for the sake of arguing, we all know when it comes to guns its all about preference of the holder, whatever works for them might not work of everyone, every trained person knows what gives him and his rifle an edge over the opponent. If the rest of his teamates had their iron sights down, the guy with his up must have tried it before during training and prefered it that way

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
Nigerian law enforcement LAPV

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
past footage of urban fighting between uganda troops and alshabaab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HufSAsajoe0
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 10, 2016
rugged7:
Well said, Oga Henry

This is what we need...

Proforce, Nigerdock, innoson- infact all local Nigerian industries integrated into our military industrial complex...

It would be the single greatest achievement of any leader if this government is able to setup and makes it sustainable for the next 30 - 40 years, and further it's MIC project.

There cannot be development without security.

I'm patiently waiting for AAD 2016 in Pretoria, last year defenceweb.co.za reported that Nigerian companies have booked their pavilions. It would be nice to see what they want to offer.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 10, 2016
africaken:
Flintlock16 is underway! Flintlock 2016, hosted by Senegal, is an annual African-led Special Operations Forces exercise. This year, more than 1,700 personnel from more than 30 nations are participating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8h6bWCu9L0
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2016
patches689:

Some dude on SAAF forum posted this article from Janes, unfortunately like him, im also not a member and thus don't have access to the whole article.

South Africa sets out plans for MEKO mid-life upgrade

"•South Africa details plans for MEKO A-200 SAN Valour-class frigate mid-life upgrade programme
•Work to be carried out over 10 years, beginning in 2017, with service lives to be extended out beyond 2035.

The South African Navy is preparing for the mid-life upgrade (MLU) of its MEKO A-200 SAN Valour-class frigates. Under Project SYNE, work is expected to take place over a 10-year time frame beginning around 2017-18."

http://www.janes.com/article/57567/south-africa-sets-out-plans-for-meko-mid-life-upgrade

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (2847) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.