Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,389 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5986970 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:15am On Feb 13, 2016
patches689:

So, yet again, you are judging an entire exercise based off of a solitary picture.

Not the point.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 13, 2016
Henry240:

That's not even the point.

You don't start running basic drills in an elite COIN exercise. Every participant at Flintlock is an elite soldier. It is expected that the basic drills have been mastered before coming to do the exercise.

"Are we taking 2 steps backwards for every step forward?".
did you see that face book video of a Senegalese soldier being taught the basics of method of entry ! we are not all equal.also you cant tell me you wont do press ups,because you did that in basic training.just tell me what so basic to you,is it the word !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 13, 2016
Nigeria COIN

Elite troops prepare to move out

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 13, 2016
Nigerian Police

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:31am On Feb 13, 2016
Henry240:

The exercise would be a source of many photos..... So, in that sense it isn't useless.

However, if soldiers are going to run through basic drills without incorporating their own experiences in the African battlespace, then it sure could be.

Anyway, i only wanted to get the opinions of commentators.
the basic marksmanship training or drill is actual part of CQB know as Close Quarters Marksmanship Training,here a soldier is trained to shot tight grouping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yolHVpJr9Fw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7XTXdLf3_o
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 13, 2016
Kenyan airstrike on alshabaab targets thurs,11th

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 8:11am On Feb 13, 2016
Namibian Independence day Parade 2015 Prep

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
africaken:
Friday quiz ,what is this ?
another clue

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
africaken:
another clue

Cluster munitions
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
SAPS Tactical shooting Championships

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4j2j6SCqiM

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
patches689:

Cluster munitions
which one?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stephandeswardt: 3:49pm On Feb 13, 2016
africaken:
which one?

Beluga
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
Stephandeswardt:

Beluga
wrong answer ,should i just give the answer smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stephandeswardt: 6:10pm On Feb 13, 2016
africaken:
wrong answer ,should i just give the answer smiley

Yes please
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
rugged7:
I see you conveniently left out sri lanka in your analysis.

No matter how you look at it, srilanka, russia and algeria have been far more successful in counterinsurgency than ANY western military...FACT

Thatz my last word on the matter. You are free to believe what you want.

Sri Lanka?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 6:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
Henry240:

point.

Obong Henry, dem yan u flenty tori 4 de oda side about d tin wey u ask, go check am
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 10:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
Army of Mauritania.....Sahara region army generals of Africa are not ashamed to be armed to match terrorists gun firepower.

Important thing is to go to battle and return to base alive, and to be able to defend your base if attacked. The days of text book military academy oriented fine boy army with fancy looking vehicles carrying 5.56mm and 7.62mm guns are over, except for army generals who do not value the lives of these motorized regular infantry corps men, these soldiers have families too, let African armies value their young lives. Arm them well, upgun your motorized infantry corps to minimum of 12.7mm, you also add 14.5mm, 23mm.....and see terrorits lose their big gun advantage.

Pic 2 shows ordinary Humvee carring 25mm cannon chasing terrorists in one desert somewhere.

Greetings from the Toyota Landcruiser troops of national army of Mauritania on parade.... Pic 1

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
agaugust:

Obong Henry, dem yan u flenty tori 4 de oda side about d tin wey u ask, go check am

No whala, make i go see am. I know where u go pivot towards sha, bt mak i sey wetin dey inside first, b4 i yarn back.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:39am On Feb 14, 2016
Nigeria COIN

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 6:05am On Feb 14, 2016
Nigeria COIN

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 7:52am On Feb 14, 2016
agaugust:
Army of Mauritania.....Sahara region army generals of Africa are not ashamed to be armed to match terrorists gun firepower.

Important thing is to go to battle and return to base alive, and to be able to defend your base if attacked. The days of text book military academy oriented fine boy army with fancy looking vehicles carrying 5.56mm and 7.62mm guns are over, except for army generals who do not value the lives of these motorized regular infantry corps men, these soldiers have families too, let African armies value their young lives. Arm them well, upgun your motorized infantry corps to minimum of 12.7mm, you also add 14.5mm, 23mm.....and see terrorits lose their big gun advantage.

Pic 2 shows ordinary Humvee carring 25mm cannon chasing terrorists in one desert somewhere.

Greetings from the Toyota Landcruiser troops of national army of Mauritania on parade.... Pic 1

I would say that properly equipping your men is more important than turning your army into a rebel army of soft skinned vehicles with heavy weapons rigged on them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 14, 2016
AMISOM

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 14, 2016
patches689:

I would say that properly equipping your men is more important than turning your army into a rebel army of soft skinned vehicles with heavy weapons rigged on them.

Nigerian troops are very very well equipped. Your assertion isn't the point agaugust is passing across.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 14, 2016
Nigeria COIN

Nigerian troops armed with PG7-VL rounds

Nigerian troops and policeman

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 9:21am On Feb 14, 2016
Henry240:

Nigerian troops are very very well equipped. Your assertion isn't the point agaugust is passing across.

Your first assertion is debatable.

The point augustus is passing across is that regardless or role all vehicles should be turned into technicals. This is fallacious, as the correct equipping of troops negates the need for this.

The use of Mortars, ATGM's, MGL's and AGL's is all that is required.

A soldier with a knee mortar can do significantly more harm than a pickup with AAA crudely attached to the back of it. Having 60mm or 81mm attached at the platoon level is the correct solution.

Whilst the correct force composition is the main thing - I see very few wheeled IFV's deployed amongst AMISOM troops. Its only the kenyans who have any real wheeled fire support in their formations in the form of their Panhards.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 14, 2016
patches689:

Your first assertion is debatable.

The point augustus is passing across is that regardless or role all vehicles should be turned into technicals. This is fallacious, as the correct equipping of troops negates the need for this.

A soldier with a knee mortar can do significantly more harm than a pickup with AAA crudely attached to the back of it. Having 60mm or 81mm attached at the platoon level is the correct solution.

Whilst the correct force composition is the main thing - I see very few wheeled IFV's deployed amongst AMISOM troops. Its only the kenyans who have any real wheeled fire support in their formations in the form of their Panhards.

There is nothing to debate, over 12,000 images from the front in in the past 4 years is more than enough evidence.

Aguagust is saying superior firepower wins wars.

Amisom, contributing countries would deploy what they have and can afford. It is not the equipment that determines the battle, but how the equipment is used.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 10:05am On Feb 14, 2016
Henry240:

There is nothing to debate, over 12,000 images from the front in in the past 4 years is more than enough evidence.

Aguagust is saying superior firepower wins wars.

Amisom, contributing countries would deploy what they have and can afford. It is not the equipment that determines the battle, but how the equipment is used.

Multiple sources, including your own officers and men have the contrary to say.

Yes, and Agaugust is advocating the wrong kind of firepower used in the wrong way.

Devolving to fighting in the manner of insurgents is to accept the fact that you cannot fight combined arms warfare and to give up on ever achieving a military that is effective.

Whilst furthermore, AMINSON has proven to be exceptionally effective at beating AS and are currently leading the most effective military formation in Africa (except maybe the UN-FIB wink ) - having started holding only an airport and now holding the majority of a country that is allmost the size of Nigeria.

I find the fact that Augstine feels AMINSON should learn from Nigeria to be extremely arrogant. What does AMINSON have to learn? they fight a better equipped and trained opponent, they have captured a larger area of land and they have suffered no major defeats - and whilst doing so they have conducted amphibious operations (flawlessly) and have engaged in all manner of warfare - from heavy urban fighting in Mogadishu to mobility warfare in the scrublands of Southern Somalia.

You should direct your last statement at Augstine and not me grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 14, 2016
patches689:

Multiple sources, including your own officers and men have the contrary to say.

Yes, and Agaugust is advocating the wrong kind of firepower used in the wrong way.

Devolving to fighting in the manner of insurgents is to accept the fact that you cannot fight combined arms warfare and to give up on ever achieving a military that is effective.

Whilst furthermore, AMINSON has proven to be exceptionally effective at beating AS and are currently leading the most effective military formation in Africa (except maybe the UN-FIB wink ) - having started holding only an airport and now holding the majority of a country that is allmost the size of Nigeria.

I find the fact that Augstine feels AMINSON should learn from Nigeria to be extremely arrogant.

You should direct your last statement at Augstine and not me grin grin

A "source" becomes absolutely worthless, if i have access to over 12,000 un-scripted images. It is basic common sense.

Reading through the comment made by Agaugust, i'm having difficulties seeing where he advocated armies should fight in the manner of insurgents. I simply can't see it.

Augaugust is very much entitled to his opinion just like everyone else, i find it rather distasteful your(South-Africans) relentless attacks of his opinions.

Nigeria is a significant member of AMISOM, AMISOM is already learning from Nigeria, the Nigerian army was also there in 1993.

Your argument is actually irrelevant, and in truth, i'm bored of it.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:48am On Feb 14, 2016
Henry240:

A "source" becomes absolutely worthless, if i have access to over 12,000 un-scripted images. It is basic common sense.

Reading through the comment made by Agaugust, i'm having difficulties seeing where he advocated armies should fight in the manner of insurgents. I simply can't see it.

Augaugust is very much entitled to his opinion just like everyone else, i find it rather distasteful your(South-Africans) relentless attacks of his opinions.

Nigeria is a significant member of AMISOM, AMISOM is already learning from Nigeria, the Nigerian army was also there in 1993.

Your argument is actually irrelevant, and in truth, i'm bored of it.

Well, we all know how you love to base opinions one a handfull of pictures - pictures selected and taken because they look good. But the sources are there and their testimony well recorded.

Criticism is not attack, it is criticism.

He posted his opinion, I posted mine. Stop playing the victim card.

600 police in a formation boasting over 21 500 men is not significant, that represents 2% of men deployed. AMINSOM has little to learn from Nigeria, infact I would say it is the other way around considering the fact that AMINSOM has conducted major FIBUA/MOUT operations, Amphibious operations and High Mobility operations, has captured an area roughly the size of Nigeria and has yet to suffer a major defeat.

My argument is as relevant as Augustines, if you are bored of it then dont reply - and need I remind you that IT WAS YOU who engaged me on this topic, not the other way around

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 14, 2016
Sure, why should bother replying an individual who claims 12,000 unscripted images represents a handful.

Like Senator Bruce would say, common sense is not common.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 12:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
patches689:

You always feel like you have to counter somebodies opinion irrespective to the fact that your own opinion is incorrect or outright ridiculous.

Agaugust gave a very sensible solution on how to counter terrorist heavy firepower with more heavier and longer range firepower and all you could come up with is 'Arming platoon size troops with mortars'.

When a terrorist multiple technicals is moving towards your troops with all 14.5mm or 23mm machine gun blazing I wonder how your mortar will stop them? Or maybe your mortars rounds are guided projectiles.
1) We are Africans we can't just go about buying ATGMs... expending expensive missiles per terrorist technical when a cheap Russian made multiple use 14.5mm MG or 23mm cannon will do the trick.

2) What is the range of your MGL and AGL, does it out range a 14.5mm or 23mm gun?
Guy please do not argue carelessly just for the fun of it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.