Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,006 members, 7,852,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:03 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6018340 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
Henry240:
Sure, why should bother replying an individual who claims 12,000 unscripted images represents a handful.

Like Senator Bruce would say, common sense is not common.

Pictures selected because they look good.

And yes, 12 000 pictures of a military comprising over 160 000 does represent a handfull - it represnts only 7% of your men, assuming each photo is unique

Testimony of officers and men tell a different story.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
lionel4power:

You always feel like you have to counter somebodies opinion irrespective to the fact that your own opinion is incorrect or outright ridiculous.

Agaugust gave a very sensible solution on how to counter terrorist heavy firepower with more heavier and longer range firepower and all you could come up with is 'Arming platoon size troops with mortars'.

When a terrorist multiple technicals is moving towards your troops with all 14.5mm or 23mm machine gun blazing I wonder how your mortar will stop them? Or maybe your mortars rounds are guided projectiles.
The use of Mortars, ATGM's, MGL's and AGL's is all that is required.
1) We are Africans we can't just go about buying ATGMs... expending expensive missiles per terrorist technical when a cheap Russian made multiple use 14.5mm MG or 23mm cannon will do the trick.

2) What is the range of your MGL and AGL, does it out range a 14.5mm or 23mm gun?
Guy please do not argue carelessly just for the fun of it.

1. 60mm mortar has a blast radius of 35-40m, 120mm has a blast radius of 60m. Accurate mortar fire will stop them dead - assuming your men can land a mortar round within 40m of their target

2. ATGM's are relatively cheap, reconciles rifles are cheaper. 14.5 mounted on vehicles are not accurate platforms due to suspension sway when shooting.

3. DShK has a 2km range, Y-3 AGL has a 2km range. Most mortars have a range up to 10km.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
patches689:

Pictures selected because they look good.

And yes, 12 000 pictures of a military comprising over 160 000 does represent a handfull - it represnts only 7% of your men, assuming each photo is unique

Testimony of officers and men tell a different story.

Let me correct your ignorance.

The Nigerian army comprises 97,000 men and officers

Of this number, 20,000 men are serving in the North-East.

12,000 photos represents 60% of the men serving in the N.E.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
Nigeria COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Zaha(m): 1:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
patches689:

Well, we all know how you love to base opinions one a handfull of pictures - pictures selected and taken because they look good. But the sources are there and their testimony well recorded.

Criticism is not attack, it is criticism.

He posted his opinion, I posted mine. Stop playing the victim card.

600 police in a formation boasting over 21 500 men is not significant, that represents 2% of men deployed. AMINSOM has little to learn from Nigeria, infact I would say it is the other way around considering the fact that AMINSOM has conducted major FIBUA/MOUT operations, Amphibious operations and High Mobility operations, has captured an area roughly the size of Nigeria and has yet to suffer a major defeat.

My argument is as relevant as Augustines, if you are bored of it then dont reply - and need I remind you that IT WAS YOU who engaged me on this topic, not the other way around
receive sense in jesus name

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
Excuse my repost

After having been able to identify this vessel. It is my measured guess that this vessel is the sister ship of NNS Andoni. Nearly 40 meters boat which is currently under construction at the Naval dockyard.

The boat should have been commissioned into service in 2015, a target it missed. It is expected that she would enter service this 2016, however like with all government projects, "hold you breath at your own peril".

NNS Andoni II under-construction.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:09pm On Feb 14, 2016
why do soldiers in N.E appear to b on different camos
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
Odunayaw:

grin it's open season over there, wear whatever the fork you want. Nobody cares.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
patches689:

1. 60mm mortar has a blast radius of 35-40m, 120mm has a blast radius of 60m. Accurate mortar fire will stop them dead - assuming your men can land a mortar round within 40m of their target

2. ATGM's are relatively cheap, reconciles rifles are cheaper. 14.5 mounted on vehicles are not accurate platforms due to suspension sway when shooting.

3. DShK has a 2km range, Y-3 AGL has a 2km range. Most mortars have a range up to 10km.

Really?
Who needs accuracy when hosing down goatforkers with high ex incendiary rounds grin

The other points are completely valid.

Oh and fork the beach and dotted skyline. The view from this metal can make your keyboard sticky.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
Henry240:

Let me correct your ignorance.

The Nigerian army comprises 97,000 men and officers

Of this number, 20,000 men are serving in the North-East.

12,000 photos represents 60% of the men serving in the N.E.

So, all 12000 photos (citation needed) are of individual and unique units (citation needed)?

You are making big claims with very little evidence

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2016
M14A1:

Really?
Who needs accuracy when hosing down goatforkers with high ex incendiary rounds grin

Actually, I am arguing against the use of weapons that require accuracy.

I am arguing for the use of area-affect weapons.

The usage of 12.5 at ranges of 2km is ridiculous... you have zero accuracy, in Veitnam a soldier hit someone with a 12.5 HMG at that range and it made the record books... thats how rare it is. Look it up.

Since WW1 the mortar always has been, and allways will be, the number 1 killer on the battlefield.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
Odunayaw:

Everyone is going to be standardised towards this.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
patches689:

So, all 12000 photos (citation needed) are of individual and unique units (citation needed)?

You are making big claims with very little evidence

I seriously doubt you have a functional brain.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2016
Nigerian Navy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:43pm On Feb 14, 2016
Henry240:

I seriously doubt you have a functional brain.

your response is an ad hominem

It does not refute the point I was making.

Now, if you insist on continuing this discussion I could go on to outline the well cataloged shortages of equipment.

Or, you could stop responding and we could move on with our lives.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 4:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
patches689:

Actually, I am arguing against the use of weapons that require accuracy.

I am arguing for the use of area-affect weapons.

The usage of 12.5 at ranges of 2km is ridiculous... you have zero accuracy, in Veitnam a soldier hit someone with a 12.5 HMG at that range and it made the record books... thats how rare it is. Look it up.

Since WW1 the mortar always has been, and allways will be, the number 1 killer on the battlefield.
Depends on what you mean by number one
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 14, 2016
Patrick your senseless comment doesn't require a reply, i only responded out of bewilderment.

Am i also supposed to explain this to you? You should use your common sense.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:56pm On Feb 14, 2016
Henry240:
Patrick your senseless comment doesn't require a reply, i only responded out of bewilderment.

I am also supposed to explain this to you? You should use your common sense.

Senless?

Ok, so you have said we have 12000 pictures here. How do you know that?

You have said that each picture showes they are well equipped... really, do you want me to reveiw the pictures on the last page alone?

The simple, inescapable, fact is that soldiers and officers from your army have clearly outlined how some of your men are poorly equipped.

This is not my opinion, it is fact - Your soldiers and Your Officers have said this.

Not me

Not your interpretation of a picture.

The men, on the frontline, have said that.

Again, I remind you, the only person continuing this discussion is you. Not me. And again I remind you that you are the one who started talking about Nigeria, not me

If you want to continue, we can take it to the other thread so I can take my gloves off.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
Common sense is simply not common.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
Henry240:
Common sense is simply not common.

Insults dont refute arguments.

However, first hand accounts from the frontlines do

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 5:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
Henry240:

Am i also supposed to explain this to you? You should use your common sense.

Oga Henry una dey give Patches rep make una no dey anser the guy again. The guy na ekpa before u know now him fellow dogs go come scatter this place with them useless talk. Oga Agugust and Henry make una free the guy abeg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssUFUKAho8c

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:09pm On Feb 14, 2016
Henry240:

Everyone is going to be standardised towards this.
we hope so
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:10pm On Feb 14, 2016

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
Fynline:

Oga Henry una dey give Patches rep make una no dey anser the guy again. The guy na ekpa before u know now him fellow dogs go come scatter this place with them useless talk. Oga Agugust and Henry make una free the guy abeg.

No wahala. Don free am tey tey. Just neva see prsn pikin wey mumu like am, abi like all of dem sef.

Nigerian Police

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:14pm On Feb 14, 2016

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
Odunayaw:
we hope so

Sure...... The old ones are no longer made.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 14, 2016
MCSHEGZ, I saw you lurking around here today, watermark those photos quickly, let's see what they look like gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2016
Nigerian navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
NAF Cadets

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
M14A1:

Really?

Oh and fork the beach and dotted skyline. The view from this metal can make your keyboard sticky.

Fire support, force composition and tactics.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
Fynline:
NAF Cadets

It seems like the air force has retired the Air Beetle as a trainer in favour of this.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 10:29pm On Feb 14, 2016
No be small thing Henro...

McShegz need to shake body sharply...

We dey wait for the pix dem

I dey follow up the matter with Oga Beegs

No dulling

Henry240:
MCSHEGZ, I saw you lurking around here today, watermark those photos quickly, let's see what they look like gringringringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: NTSA and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.