Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5957932 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 7:39pm On Feb 29, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

Looks like the Defence Force has a serious issue with one tribe over-dominating the top positions....unlike the Police Force

Is that a Norinco CQ with an under slung grenade launcher?
Indeed it is
Saw it at the parade
A few Special forces guys had them
Also peep the Blaser tactical in use with the Reserve force smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 8:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
Henry240:
Prelude to Obangame 2016

Nigerian navy should be teaching these NATO navies about maritime security operations and rescue of pirate hijacked ships, not the other way round. We currently have more experience than them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 8:23pm On Feb 29, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian military

Can you please post pic of current standard camo for NA SF ? All these Belarus photos are confusing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 8:33pm On Feb 29, 2016
patches689:

most advanced in africa

Nope.

Badger IFV has no area weapon, no automatic grenade launcher, no missiles, and the missile version has no cannon. How is that most advanced in Africa when Equatorial Guinea is buying latest version BMP-3 and others have BTR-4E that combines cannon + auto grenade + missile launcher on one single vehicle?

Stop misimforming people for the sake of your personal ego.

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 8:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
Ghana

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
agaugust:

Nigerian navy should be teaching these NATO navies about maritime security operations and rescue of pirate hijacked ships, not the other way round. We currently have more experience than them.

The exercises are meant to grow capacity of training partners. The exercises are mainly joint Nigeria, Cameroun and US special forces running drills. If you search up the Obangame photos i've shared over the last 2 years in this thread, you'll find, this, to be the common denominator.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
Several years ago a South African society " IST Dynamics " has proposed Algeria this prototype for our bmp 2 upgrade , algerian army choose local upgrade to the the russian "Berezok " upgrade (in the last pic) . i'm curious to know what's the new for this IST dynamics program

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 29, 2016
chkil:
Several years ago a South African society " IST Dynamics " has proposed Algeria this prototype for our bmp 2 upgrade , algerian army choose local upgrade to the the russian "Berezok " upgrade (in the last pic) . i'm curious to know what's the new for this IST dynamics program

Don't know much about the program but IST dynamics is part of Denel Land systems now, after they acquired BAE Land systems last year, who in turn acquired IST dynamics back in 2008.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
In the space of 8 days I found myself at both Langebaan and Phalaborwa, with the CSIR!
Was lucky to get some time to observe close protection drills by the guys at 4; and clowned around with an old sniper mate at 5. cool

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 29, 2016

4 Likes

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 29, 2016

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 01, 2016
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."

Nigerian Navy Commando, Flintlock Exercise

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:32am On Mar 01, 2016
agaugust:

Yeah, lets just ignore all the ops they have had off somalia
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:34am On Mar 01, 2016
Nigeria LAPV

Very beautiful vehicle.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:48am On Mar 01, 2016
agaugust:

Nope.

Badger IFV has no area weapon, no automatic grenade launcher, no missiles, and the missile version has no cannon. How is that most advanced in Africa when Equatorial Guinea is buying latest version BMP-3 and others have BTR-4E that combines cannon + auto grenade + missile launcher on one single vehicle?

Stop misimforming people for the sake of your personal ego.

- 60mm mortar area weapon
- 30mm is an area weapon

- ingwe atgm, variant armed with 12.5mm

We have a different doctrine which calls for specialization over versatility - a doctrine developed over 25 years of AFRICAN warfare

I also fail to see how firepower relates to modernity

My statement was that it is the most advanced is thus still correct

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 4:08am On Mar 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

Yeah, lets just ignore all the ops they have had off somalia

The whole world was involved in anti-piracy ops off coast of Somalia including many non-NATO navies like Sweden, Australia, Cyprus, Malta, Ireland, China, India, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, Russia, Thailand, and Saudi Arabia etc , navies of the whole world. NN is almost alone in the Gulf of Guinea/ Atlantic ocean. Angola is buying Su-30 Flanker jets instead of buying OPV.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 5:09am On Mar 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

- 30mm is an area weapon

We have a different doctrine which calls for specialization over versatility - a doctrine developed over 25 years of AFRICAN warfare

One of the turrets sold to Malaysia will be equipped with both the GI-30 gun and the Ingwe missile.

Not intergrating them on our Badgers is just a doctrine issue.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 5:17am On Mar 01, 2016
MikeCZAR:
One of the turrets sold to Malaysia will be equipped with both the GI-30 gun and the Ingwe missile.

Not intergrating them on our Badgers is just a doctrine issue.

I know

Something to do with restructuring how fire-support works in a Bn

Same reason we brought back the 60mm breech-loading mortar and did not replace the Ratel 90.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 5:18am On Mar 01, 2016
agaugust:

The whole world was involved in anti-piracy ops off coast of Somalia including many non-NATO navies like Sweden, Australia, Cyprus, Malta, Ireland, China, India, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, Russia, Thailand, and Saudi Arabia etc , navies of the whole world. NN is almost alone in the Gulf of Guinea/ Atlantic ocean. Angola is buying Su-30 Flanker jets instead of buying OPV.

Irrelevant.

In terms of ships seized and pirates arrested NATO has plenty more experince
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 5:19am On Mar 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

- 30mm is an area weapon

60mm mortar Badger variant has no cannon .

A 30mm cannon is not an area weapon, it is a point weapon. Stop telling lies to confuse readers.

Missile variant with 12.5mm has no cannon, 12.5mm is a machine gun not cannon. By NATO standards, an IFV must carry minimum 20mm cannon.

Too many things wrong with Badger IFV weapons configuration and obsolete design concept of 20 years ago under project Hoefyster. Nothing modern or modernity inside that Badger that you wont find in the new generation IFVs in Africa like the Type 07P, BMP-3, BTR-4. Stop misinforming people my friend.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 5:48am On Mar 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

Irrelevant.

In terms of ships seized and pirates arrested NATO has plenty more experince

You personally counted how many pirate/oil thieves vessels Nigerian navy siezed in the last 10 years?

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:17am On Mar 01, 2016
Patchesagain:

I know

Something to do with restructuring how fire-support works in a Bn

Same reason we brought back the 60mm breech-loading mortar and did not replace the Ratel 90.
Eland > Ratel 90 > Rooikat.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 01, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 01, 2016
Lagos State Police

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 01, 2016
gottfried21:

Indeed it is
Saw it at the parade
A few Special forces guys had them
Also peep the Blaser tactical in use with the Reserve force smiley

You must check out the budget document got some 'interesting' info on defence wink
http://www.mof.gov.na/documents/27827/235390/BRM+Estimates+2015-2016/bbee3cb8-1cfb-4d9e-a172-deb14950840b
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 01, 2016
Nigerian Army

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 01, 2016
Algerian Police

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 01, 2016
algerian police

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 01, 2016
algerian police

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 9:28am On Mar 01, 2016
agaugust:

Wow I never knew this.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:15am On Mar 01, 2016
agaugust:

60mm mortar Badger variant has no cannon .

A 30mm cannon is not an area weapon, it is a point weapon. Stop telling lies to confuse readers.

Missile variant with 12.5mm has no cannon, 12.5mm is a machine gun not cannon. By NATO standards, an IFV must carry minimum 20mm cannon.

Too many things wrong with Badger IFV weapons configuration and obsolete design concept of 20 years ago under project Hoefyster. Nothing modern or modernity inside that Badger that you wont find in the new generation IFVs in Africa like the Type 07P, BMP-3, BTR-4. Stop misinforming people my friend.

Ok, so you are still talking about firepower?

What does that have to do with modernity?

Project Hoefyster started in early 2005 - making it just over 10 years old

Configuration is a question of doctrine, nothing else. Our doctrine is developed for African wars, based on African war experience... those imports are designed for Russian and Chinese wars based on their war experience

And in terms of modernity:

- 30mm CAM-GUN is the most advanced in the world
- 60mm mortar is the most advanced in the world
- MCT turret is amongst the most advanced in the world
- flat-floor mine protection is a cutting edge technology
- No other African country has BLUFOR trackers
- MATIS thermal imagers are cutting edge

Finally: BTR = 2006 (prototype)
BMP-3 = 1987
Type-07P = 2006
Badger = 2010 (prototype)

So, my statement remains correct: The Most Advanced in Africa

Stop starting arguments for the sake of it, the one you are making now does not even relate to my original post!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.