Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5992819 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 02, 2016
agaugust:

Sorry, I am not sabotaging this thread. Patches is Croat, everybody here knows that and you should not support deliberate deception of identity on this thread. Patches is insulting the intelligence of all of us by creating a fake Croatian citizen moniker to fool the rest of us here, and its a unfortunate that you are supporting that just to have 'peace' on this thread...some integrity of character does not seem to matter to you?

Why should a South African continue to post comments here claiming falsely to be a Croatian and nobody has the courage to tell him to stop the deception? Have we all lost our sense of decency?

It's dissappointing that you Henry will support open dishonesty. If I have to stand up to you on this, trust me I will. Better watch your personal integrity and don't let Patches stain you.

I couldn't care less about Patches689, he acts like an insecure toddler and he is 50% of the time, the reason why this thread is derailed.

However, that Croat guy is actually Croatian. I'm atleast 70% sure of this. He comments on "Pakistan Defence Forum", and has a Croatian flag as his avatar. It would seem rather unreasonable that Patrick would comment on here with a Croatian title, while still maintaining same identity on a totally non-African defence site.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:08pm On Mar 02, 2016
jln115:
Interesting read: Navy will spend quarter of its budget on combat capability

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=42564:navy-will-spend-quarter-of-its-budget-on-combat-capability&catid=111:sa-defence&Itemid=242

could you post the article pls?

Defenceweb and other Defence related websites are fire walled here
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
Henry240:

I couldn't care less about Patches689, he acts like an insecure toddler and he is 50% of the time, the reason why this thread is derailed.

However, that Croat guy is actually Croatian. I'm atleast 70% sure of this. He comments on "Pakistan Defence Forum", and has a Croatian flag as his avatar. It would seem rather unreasonable that Patrick would comment on here with a Croatian title, while still maintaining same identity on a totally non-African defence site.

Since we are on the topic of identity
FYI, my name is not Patrick

Its Paul.

Kinda irritating that you keep calling me Patrick
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 3:32pm On Mar 02, 2016
jln115:

Dude his not Croat, know stop being retardded please!!

Patcbes is croat. How can a Croatian citizen in a non-English speaking Croatia suddenly wake up one morning and becomes ready to die for South Africa and he is anti-Agaugust, he never sees anything wrong with Patches comments, he chooses to attack me instead, why would a real Croatian do that? You are being rëtärdëd if you dont see that logic. The probing questions I asked about his Croatian characteristics that is 100% a photocopy of Patches characteristics, including personality traits like strikingthrough/crossing out peoples comments, calling people delusional, saying people are grasping for straws....that is how FBI and CIA catches criminals by personality traits, I just educated those of you who dont know how spies burst hidden people out of their holes in espionage style.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 3:36pm On Mar 02, 2016
Henry240:

In these days of Yahoo internet fraud, you don't know any true I.D. of whom you are talking to on public internet. You do not have the I.P. address of the Croat guy on Pakistani forum to compare with that of Patches. You cannot see the croat guy's international passport for citizen I.D. The internet world is full of expert identity crimes that even the FBI and CIA are struggling to unravel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 02, 2016
president museveni shooting a AK-47

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 3:55pm On Mar 02, 2016
Operation Flintlock2016 winds down

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 02, 2016
Henry240:

I think he is a denel salesman grin,i just want to ask him which percentage of Africa arms market does south Africa hold of the Africa arms market !

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 3:59pm On Mar 02, 2016
Operation Flintlock

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2016
uganda police Agusta AW109 GrandNew Helicopter

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 02, 2016
IbnSultaan:
know the first guy. currently with GB SF. Dad a serving General
yeah
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 02, 2016
uganda police W-3A Sokol helicopter

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2016
Lmao @ Denel taking product advice from this thread cheesy cheesy grin grin. You can sit for weeks and weeks reading Denel product and experimental archives. Trust me.....nairaland doesnt feature and never will. For example the recently published article about Denel Dynamics student interns developing a split nose cone for Umkhonto SAM. I can personally say I saw an initial feasibility report pre-2010. Ideas circulate and most get archived, until manufacturing processes, costs and the market allow.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by croat: 4:28pm On Mar 02, 2016
agaugust:
O brother Patches please stop stop stop ALL THESE LIES, please.

Badger IFV/Patria AMV have never seen war action anywhere, the Green Demon of Afghanistan war is the KTO Rosomak M3 a very differently empowered variant with ANTI-RPG NET protection, polish COMPOSITE ARMOUR protection and 40MM AUTOMATIC GRENADE LAUNCHER as offensive area weapon....your Badger IFV has no composite armour and no auto grenade area weapon.

Please stop loading lies upon lies on this thread, pleeeeaaase stop it Patches !!!

Your stupidity is insulting to humanity, you're a waste of gene's...

KTO Rosomak is Patria AMV, one way or another with modifications that suits Polish army.

What Poland can do is what South Africa can do better due to considerably more developed defense industry.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 02, 2016
patches689:

- Gi-30 CAM GUN - world first and only example of its kind
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product4225.html

- Arachnida II WMS used in the Badger 60 is highly advanced, with data-link, inertial navigation, geo-positioning etc. Name an IFV with a similar system.
http://www.denellandsystems.co.za/products/artillery

- Denel M1 60mm mortar has a 6km range (world first), is breech loading, uses an auto-loader and is also unique in respect of elevation: from -5º to +70º, which allows it to be employed in a direct fire application.
http://army-guide.com/eng/article/article_1135.html

Now go ahead and list:

- IFV's with BLUFOR trackers
- IFV's with flat floor mine protection and the same STANAG level
- Hunter-killer capabilities ie: Independant FCS for commander

Now, you called me a liar.

Apologize.
remind me again what makes this autocannon Gi-30 CAM GUN unique ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2016
agaugust:

In these days of Yahoo internet fraud, you don't know any true I.D. of whom you are talking to on public internet. You do not have the I.P. address of the Croat guy on Pakistani forum to compare with that of Patches. You cannot see the croat guy's international passport for citizen I.D. The internet world is full of expert identity crimes that even the FBI and CIA are struggling to unravel.

It is irrelevant. If he's actually doing that, that's his esteem issues. I however do not believe they're the same person.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 02, 2016
africaken254:

I think he is a denel salesman grin,i just want to ask him which percentage of Africa arms market does south Africa hold of the Africa arms market !

gringrin

I just want to see everybody succeed. I'll be honest, Nigeria more than the others, but success for everyone nonetheless, not this constant unprovoked bickering.

It'll be a nice question to ask? LOL!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2016
agaugust:

Are you a soldier? Just curious to know.

no ! i'm not soldier , I work in the health field wink , but i have just a passion for the military and africa this is why i'm happy to come here in nairaland and many others african forums
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2016
agaugust:

Patcbes is croat. How can a Croatian citizen in a non-English speaking Croatia suddenly wake up one morning and becomes ready to die for South Africa and he is anti-Agaugust, he never sees anything wrong with Patches comments, he chooses to attack me instead, why would a real Croatian do that? You are being retarded if you dont see that logic.
Indeed your IQ is questionable.

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
croat:

KTO Rosomak is Patria AMV, one way or another with modifications that suits Polish army.

What Poland can do is what South Africa can do better due to considerably more developed defense industry.

We have been told to stop this argument and you have started again within few hours. Only Patches is known to behave like that or how do we explain a Croatian man behaving 100% like South African Patches.....and why are youa Croatian having only one mission on nairaland? Mission - Promote and defend South African made weapons & attack only one Nigerian singled out of a dozen....Agaugust ? So you Croatian citizen living in far away Croatia is now the marketing manager for Denel products according to your last sentence in bold fonts above ?

africaken254:

He just rubbished fellow NATO member Poland's defence industry saying it's inferior to that of South Africa. Poland that is manufacturing military aeroplanes, helicopter gunships, missile armed corvettes and minesweeper ships, light jet aircraft engines..... yet he says he is citizen of Croatia a NATO member with Poland located almost next door. A Croatian boasting of excellent knowledge of Denel technical capability in far away Africa...so we see a Croatian fightng here ready to die for South Africa....for no reason?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 5:59pm On Mar 02, 2016
agaugust:

Exactly ! For $5 million per vehicle the Badger IFV has only a 30mm cannon and one tiny size light machine gun, I agree with you sir, the Badger is nonsense.

Most IFVs are armed with 20 - 30mm guns.

Your point?

Who told you Denel has finalised deals with sub-contractors to enable them to come up with theprice of the vehicle for exports?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DarkTroll: 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2016
[s]
croat:

[/s]

Shut your reeking mouth filled with kola-stained teeth, you neandathal, oafish,regenerate saphead.

You're not even a human, you're the afterbirth of a baboon's parturition. _Stupid knucklehead.

One more expletive from you, and I'll troll you for months unending.

Nature's factory error you are. Idiota!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by croat: 6:19pm On Mar 02, 2016
agaugust:

We have been told to stop this argument and you have started again within few hours. Only Patches is known to behave like that or how do we explain a Croatian man behaving 100% like South African Patches.....and why are youa Croatian having only one mission on nairaland? Mission - Promote and defend South African made weapons & attack only one Nigerian singled out of a dozen....Agaugust ? So you Croatian citizen living in far away Croatia is now the marketing manager for Denel products according to your last sentence in bold fonts above ?

That is what you want to believe...

He just rubbished Poland's defence industry saying it's inferior to that of South Africa, yet he says he is Croatian, a Croatian boasting of excellent knowledge of Denel technical capability that beats Poland....so we see a Croatian figbting here ready to die for South Africa....for no reason?

You're uninformed...

Ukraine>South Africa>Poland

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 02, 2016
Patchesagain:

Yeah, lets just ignore all the ops they have had off somalia

Actually, Agaugust is right. There's nothing some random sailor from Italy or Germany or Norway has to teach a Nigerian sailor.

We could share ideas on techniques, equipment or technology. However the experience the Nigerian navy has in dealing with insurrections at sea or in the creeks completely dwarfs whatever many NATO members have to offer.

The recent vessel boarding by a Nigerian VBSS team and rescue of her crew is another demonstration of the capability of the Nigerian navy. If it were the U.S, an action movie would already be in the works.

Let's be clear, the Vessel was hijacked in faraway Ivory-Coast. The rescue took place 500km away from Nigeria's coast. We didn't need to be involved, yet we deployed 3 ships, NNS Okpabana, NNS Centenary (which was only on her way back from India), and NNS Sagbama.

Here's what a Nigerian VBSS sailor told the Captain of the rescued ship.

He(Captain narrating the story) said almost in tears:
As the bullets were flying over my head, the man said
to me As bullets were flying, he heard “I will give my
life for u captain, don’t worry”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=c5sCpFqv2Kw&t=248

Credits :Bigbrovar

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2016
DarkTroll:
[s][/s]

Shut your reeking mouth filled with kola-stained teeth, you neandathal, oafish,regenerate saphead.

You're not even a human, you're the afterbirth of a baboon's parturition. _Stupid knucklehead.

One more expletive from you, and I'll troll you for months unending.

Nature's factory error you are. Idiota!!!
can we keep it civil,lets our discussions be technical specific and not quote and quote rumours .let everyone back his/her claim's with concrete proof

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2016
jln115:
Interesting read: Navy will spend quarter of its budget on combat capability

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=42564:navy-will-spend-quarter-of-its-budget-on-combat-capability&catid=111:sa-defence&Itemid=242
Probably because of the Valour class frigates upgrades.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:29pm On Mar 02, 2016
africaken254:
remind me again what makes this autocannon Gi-30 CAM GUN unique ?
Autocannon?

Do you know what is a cannon? An autocannon.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2016
MikeCZAR:

Most IFVs are armed with 20 - 30mm guns.

Your point?

Who told you Denel has finalised deals with sub-contractors to enable them to come up with theprice of the vehicle for exports?

what wont hinder this project from becoming another Denel Rooivalk,which to this day hasn't being exported ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:47pm On Mar 02, 2016
Henry240:

Actually, Agaugust is right. There's nothing some random sailor from Italy or Germany or Norway has to teach a Nigerian sailor.

We could share ideas on techniques, equipment or technology. However the experience the Nigerian navy has in dealing with insurrections at sea or in the creeks completely dwarfs whatever many NATO members have to offer.

The recent vessel boarding by a Nigerian VBSS team and rescue of her crew is another demonstration of the capability of the Nigerian navy. If it were the U.S, an action movie would already be in the works.

Let's be clear, the Vessel was hijacked in faraway Ivory-Coast. The rescue took place 500km away from Nigeria's coast. We didn't need to be involved, yet we deployed 3 ships, NNS Okpabana, NNS Centenary (which was only on her way back from India), and NNS Sagbama.

Here's what a Nigerian VBSS sailor told the Captain of the rescued ship.

He(Captain narrating the story) said almost in tears:
As the bullets were flying over my head, the man said
to me As bullets were flying, he heard “I will give my
life for u captain, don’t worry”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=c5sCpFqv2Kw&t=248

Credits :Bigbrovar
They more money than you.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 02, 2016
MikeCZAR:
Autocannon?

Do you know what is a cannon? An autocannon.
he said it was unique that was the question.do you assume someone with WIFI in his house,lying in his bed while surfing can't do basic research on google,youtube e.t.c on this topic !

russia 30 mm GSh-30 autocannon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs9m5-k_vro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVm6hvFpld0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 8:07pm On Mar 02, 2016
africaken254:
what wont hinder this project from becoming another Denel Rooivalk,which to this day hasn't being exported ?
The project is already making money for Denel as turrets, missiles etc are being delivered to Malaysia. As part of a multi nation project.

The technologies developed for the vehicle will benefit SA alot.

There isn't a huge market for vehicles in the class of the vehicle.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by croat: 8:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
africaken254:
he said it was unique that was the question.do you assume someone with WIFI in his house,lying in his bed while surfing can't do basic research on google,youtube e.t.c on this topic !

russia 30 mm GSh-30 autocannon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs9m5-k_vro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVm6hvFpld0

Well you didn't check the link... -_-

CAMGUN GI-30 can fire a bullet in close breach position, more accurate and used for sniping thus it could snipe of infrantry man that carries communication equipment or ATGM or neutralize engine or drive of the vehicle...

Lets say you have a dozen of these... It will be massacre for infrantry, deadly for vehicles and tanks could be neutralized by shooting of range finder, camera's and make it blind and useless except if the crew chooses to take a risk and peak their head to be blown by one of those cannons in sniper mode.

I haven't heard of any auto-cannon that is capable of that... I know many dual feed and such.

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.