Stats: 3,153,297 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5971328 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2016
africaken254:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzyfBBYF1Dk

Brah

When did Kenya get K-52's Mi-Mil 25's and Typhoon MRAP's?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 13, 2016
patches689:

Brah

When did Kenya get K-52's Mi-Mil 25's and Typhoon MRAP's?
its just some entertainment sh@T,you dont need to freak out grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
africaken254:
its just some entertainment sh@T,you dont need to freak out grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
DaV8King:

Love it! Our am brothers una dey try on una own abeg.

Honestly! I gotta say, for a country of only 1.9 million people, their military is impressive. A proper model for countries like Mali, Guinea et al

Do you know they make MRAPs and military comms equipment in their tiny as$ country.

They are like the Finland of Africa.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
AMISOM & SNA troops

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 1:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
Henry240:

OBJ and Theophilus Danjuma (COAS, later Defence minister) almost killed our military.

The advice they got from the Americans and Europeans, that pruning and downsizing the Nigerian military makes it more effective proved to be monumentally false and a stup1d move.

There's a direct correlation between having a small, peacekeeping style military and insecurity. They are like the ying and yang, Inseparable!

The tactics BH employed were also entirely new, that was another source of frustration in the beginning. We couldn't just deploy "scorched earth tactics" or shell civilian areas. We also didn't even know the enemy. He was everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

We've now gotten a hang on, and the results continue to improve. However, BH is a long term fight. We cannot defeat an ideology, we can only contain it. There are many factors which make defeating BH impossible, some of the factors are completely beyond our control.

My personal satisfaction would be the day we are able to deploy 70% local land systems. APCs, IFVs, HMGs,n surveillance equipment et al.

ISIS..... Is nothing. BH has committed more atrocities in the last 12 months in Nigeria, than has ISIS in Syria. There's nothing ISIS would throw we haven't seen before. What we need is to improve upon the gains we've been recording, purchase proper assets, especially long range bombers, continue with a flexible training regime. Dominate the grounds.

I was also making the same point to someone the other day of how our soldiers fell so much in love with peace keeping and how that contributed to the demise of NA. I would love to see a NA that is totally disengaged from peace keeping (apart from peace enforcement). Peace keeping should be left for the police!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
lionel4power:
in my own opinion i'll say the Sudanese army are quite organized and well equipped than whatever the media is letting us believe. Any tresspass on their territory by UN or whoever will result in a bloodied nose for both party.
big on buying and showing weaponry but miserable in counter insurgency

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDEHvFW_GgM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
patches689:

Your sources do not quote troop numbers - you could have one military observer present and that would get you mentioned!!

Nigeria has withdrawn the majority of its troops from Darfur
http://allafrica.com/stories/201307200117.html
http://www.africareview.com/News/Nigeria-withdraws-troops-from-Darfur-peacekeeping-mission/-/979180/1921722/-/15u43v9z/-/index.html

Mali War is not over - AU considering 10 000 re-enforcements with new agressive mandate!
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=42672&catid=74&Itemid=30

To bad Nigeria withdrew allready - simply because they could not handle being under Rawandan command
http://allafrica.com/stories/201307191062.html

Nigeria had troops in congo in the 1960's, but did not love africa enough to keep them there grin grin

Yet again, we see I have told no lies
@patches689 this is what your leaving behind,some times i can't believe it south africa as one of the leaders of africa .you entertain this racist bashir arab ,considering even your past history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEGQkTVrCHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj31817hTm0

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
africaken254:
@patches689 this is what your leaving behind,some times i can't believe it south africa as one of the leaders of africa .you entertail this racist bashir arab ,considering even your past history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEGQkTVrCHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj31817hTm0

What would staying achieve?

Until the ROE's are relaxed the deployment of troops is meaningless.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
Henry240:

Honestly! I gotta say, for a country of only 1.9 million people, their military is impressive. A proper model for countries like Mali, Guinea et al

Do you know they make MRAPs and military comms equipment in their tiny as$ country.

They are like the Finland of Africa.
There comm systems and MRAPs are some of the most advanced in the world!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
patches689:

What would staying achieve?

Until the ROE's are relaxed the deployment of troops is meaningless.

just like i said about burundi there are many other ways of putting pressure on bashir regime ,economically,diplomatically e.t.c for them to accept the terms of ROE
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
something is happening in ivory coast

Ivory Coast: Shooting at Grand-Bassam beach resort

Gunfire has erupted at the beach resort of Grand-Bassam in Ivory Coast, French media say.
They quote eyewitnesses as saying the shooting began in a hotel. There have been reports of casualties.
Grand-Bassam is located about 40km (25 miles) east of the country's main city, Abidjan.
read more http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-35798502?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook ammos from Abidjan terrorists,the photos on twitter on this attack are disheartening

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 6:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
Panzerfaust:
NDA; toughest military academy in the world!
Hahahahahahahaha grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
africaken254:
something is happening in ivory coast

read more http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-35798502?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook ammos from Abidjan terrorists,the photos on twitter on this attack are disheartening

15 people dead. Quite unfortunate for the Ivory coast.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
Nigerian Navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
frumentius:
The Maritime Reaction Squadron. I wish we could just go back to calling these guys the SA Marine Corps. Everyone calls them Marines anyway.
Politics Frum Politics!

Remember how the frigates were initially called "Corvettes"? grin grin

wish politics could be put aside when choices(sensors, weapons etc) are made during the frigates upgrades.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nganduh: 12:21am On Mar 14, 2016
Zim

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nganduh: 12:22am On Mar 14, 2016
Zim again

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nganduh: 12:23am On Mar 14, 2016
one more zim

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:04am On Mar 14, 2016
Henry240:

15 people dead. Quite unfortunate for the Ivory coast.
this the reason i was saying we need to improve,nurture our counter terrorism training e.g collaborating like with the west africa region in counter-terrorism.who could have imagined this could have happened in Ivory coast .its time we get serious,its our people dying and suffering
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:15am On Mar 14, 2016
multinational exercise codenamed OBANGAME , 29 others countries to participate in the multinational sea exercise

As part of measures to ensure security and collaboration in the Gulf of Guinea (GoG), the Nigerian Navy (NN) and its counterparts from 29 countries will participate in major sea exercise.

The multinational exercise codenamed OBANGAME is slated for March 14, through 25 with opening and closing ceremonies to be held in Dakar, Senegal and Douala, Cameroon.

Among the participating nations are Angola, Belgium, Benin, Brazil, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire and Democratic Republic of Congo.

Others include Denmark, Equatorial Guinea, France, Gabon, Germany, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Norway, Mauritania, Portugal, Republic of Congo, Sao Tome & Principe and Senegal.
read more http://thenationonlineng.net/navy-29-others-for-multinational-sea-exercise/?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 3:30am On Mar 14, 2016
patches689:
The Continents best SPG

The continent's current best SPG is Kenya's new B-52 NORA, year 2007 technology systems.

52 calibre gun. 41 km BB shell firing range. Road travel speed 100 km/h. Road travel range 1,000 km. Sustained Rate of fire 12 rpm.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 4:01am On Mar 14, 2016
Henry240:
Agaugust desist from instigating conflict and insulting thread contributors.

Patches689 stop fueling confrontation.

If both you guys can't follow basic thread rules, your contributions in this thread aren't required. I'll be forced to call in the mods if you continue.

I insulted nobody. Someone tells random lies and I call him a serial liar is NOT an insult, it is English language definition of someone making deliberate false statements.

Seun and his mods know the definition of an insult.

stillchris:

bro, to be honest, if i were a moderator i go don ban you since.

i like this thread a lot and some of your post are quite provocative enough to start some baseless arguments that can ruin this thread. i love my country and all but sometimes we just have to be civil especially in a place that requires it.

i think south africa pulling out of darfur is none our business as they have their reasons.

same way we had ours when we pulled out major combat troops from mali before elections and we also defended had our reasons for pulling out some troops from same darfur and we happily defended the decisions on this forum.

my point is that there are some arguments you just don't get into if this thread is to be kept clean.

no harm in correcting a foreigner's info about your military when wrong should only be allowed. (i got my eye on you @patches cool)

abeg bro. make we try abide by the rules.

Thanks, but EVERYBODY on this thread is guilty of derailing arguments at one time or the other. Should I go back a few days and show you your marathon arguments with people here about the news of South African special forces deployment in Nigeria? I never commented on that chain argument becuase I saw it as derailment based on mere rumour published by some sensational journalist. I can take you back to pages where you engaged in elongated derailing arguments with other Africans on this thread, arguments that in my own judgement were unnecessary, but I did not talk because I don't own Nairaland.

I deliberatly avoided any comment on the SA special forces/Nigeria deployment arguments until when Patches continued to insult and ridicule the UN mission in Dafur calling the SANDF withdrawal it "Good riddance to a fücking mission" all to justify his country's withdrawal. Why should he use a Nigerian forum to spit insults on a humanitarian mission protecting the suffering Africans in Dafur from genocide?

It only looks like I am in the center of things because I am a 'marked man', I have about 7 South Africans here always ready to attack anything I say, if they all turn their focus on you, they will make you look like the trouble maker, while they are the real ones casuing trouble.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 4:11am On Mar 14, 2016
Henry240:

OBJ and Theophilus Danjuma (COAS, later Defence minister) almost killed our military.

The advice they got from the Americans and Europeans, that pruning and downsizing the Nigerian military makes it more effective proved to be monumentally false and a stup1d move.

There's a direct correlation between having a small, peacekeeping style military and insecurity. They are like the ying and yang, Inseparable!

The tactics BH employed were also entirely new, that was another source of frustration in the beginning. We couldn't just deploy "scorched earth tactics" or shell civilian areas. We also didn't even know the enemy. He was everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

We've now gotten a hang on, and the results continue to improve. However, BH is a long term fight. We cannot defeat an ideology, we can only contain it. There are many factors which make defeating BH impossible, some of the factors are completely beyond our control.

My personal satisfaction would be the day we are able to deploy 70% local land systems. APCs, IFVs, HMGs,n surveillance equipment et al.

ISIS..... Is nothing. BH has committed more atrocities in the last 12 months in Nigeria, than has ISIS in Syria. There's nothing ISIS would throw we haven't seen before. What we need is to improve upon the gains we've been recording, purchase proper assets, especially long range bombers, continue with a flexible training regime. Dominate the grounds.

That's you own long story discussion above. How does that follow the rules of this photo thread?

If Augustine writes long story about AMISOM vs Al Shabbab, you call it derailment and should be banned.

EVERYBODY here writes long story when it suits them, including irrelevant Syrian war and Russia Vs NATO analysis and discussions. You think I am blind and don't see all those derailments? I see them and just mind my own business. I do not own Nairaland.

Looks like it's wrong when Augustine does things, it's right when others do the same thing here. You guys have a conscience I guess.

To keep this thread clean, everybody should agree to stop ALL discussions. Post photo, name/identify content of the picture, full stop. That is the only solution. Stop picking on me, WE ARE ALL GUILTY, EVERYBODY HERE IS GUILTY.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 5:35am On Mar 14, 2016
@frumentis - do you have any more info on the Okapi? I cant find anything on it. Specifically if they are still used as HQs

ps: Look who just parked outside my office this morning

Two PLA LSTs and a Hospital Ship

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 6:04am On Mar 14, 2016
agaugust:

The continent's current best SPG is Kenya's new B-52 NORA, year 2007 technology systems.

52 calibre gun. 41 km BB shell firing range. Road travel speed 100 km/h. Road travel range 1,000 km. Sustained Rate of fire 12 rpm.

Where did you get your information from?

Max rate of fire: 6rpm
Range: 600km
max speed: 80-100kmph
http://www.military-today.com/artillery/nora_b52.htm

G6 remains top dog cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:34am On Mar 14, 2016
Nigerian Air Force F-7

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 14, 2016
africaken254:
this the reason i was saying we need to improve,nurture our counter terrorism training e.g collaborating like with the west africa region in counter-terrorism.who could have imagined this could have happened in Ivory coast .its time we get serious,its our people dying and suffering

The West-Africa sub-region isn't safe. The entire belt and North-Africa region are filled with Jihadists. If countries like Burkina-faso can be attacked, then you know there's a really serious problem.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 14, 2016
Nigeria COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 7:25am On Mar 14, 2016
agaugust:

That's you own long story discussion above. How does that follow the rules of this photo thread?

If Augustine writes long story about AMISOM vs Al Shabbab, you call it derailment and should be banned.

EVERYBODY here writes long story when it suits them, including irrelevant Syrian war and Russia Vs NATO analysis and discussions. You think I am blind and don't see all those derailments? I see them and just mind my own business. I do not own Nairaland.

Looks like it's wrong when Augustine does things, it's right when others do the same thing here. You guys have a conscience I guess.

To keep this thread clean, everybody should agree to stop ALL discussions. Post photo, name the picture, full stop. That is the only solution. Stop picking on me, WE ARE ALL GUILTY, EVERYBODY HERE IS GUILTY.
You are neither giving analysis or making decent contributions 80% of the time. Your post always reeks of hatred and disdain towards the South Africans, thereby attracting retorts in similar manner from them, and the cycle keeps going. I honestly don't care if you post Syrian or Middle East related issues here, just be civil.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 14, 2016
Patchesagain:

Where did you get your information from?

Max rate of fire: 6rpm
Range: 600km
max speed: 80-100kmph
http://www.military-today.com/artillery/nora_b52.htm

G6 remains top dog cool
rate of fire - 6-12 projectiles per minute depending on version. First 3 rounds fire in 20 seconds. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nora_B-52

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65