Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5967297 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 17, 2016
stillchris:

lol. i have to disagree though. our armies are not unprofessional because of what they went through in training. i just proved to you that even the most professional militaries do worse to their recruits. so you should laying emphasis on Africa.

i believe what makes us seem unprofessional is lack of money, laws to guide against abuses etc..

so would you call the US, UK military unprofessional for their abuses in iraq and afghanistan?

for your question, a lot of graduates who had other options, despite being aware of these things still enroll for the short service course.

just cos you don't have the mind to bear it doesn't mean others can't
let's leave this matter abeg.
ok lets rest the matter but i assure you we are going to paying dearly if we continue with this tread

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 17, 2016
ethiopia air force MIG-23

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 17, 2016
off topic :so we are supposed to believe the russians they are leaving syria ,the Ka-52 combat helicopter was delivered just recently

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2016
africaken254:
off topic :so we are supposed to believe the russians they are leaving syria ,the Ka-52 combat helicopter was delivered just recently

I think they admitted it's not a full withdrawal
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patented: 1:05pm On Mar 17, 2016
yeah they did. Syria has become their testbed for everything new
stillchris:

I think they admitted it's not a full withdrawal
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 1:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
Meanwhile in Namibia

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 17, 2016
Patented:
yeah they did. Syria has become their testbed for everything new
american also wants to start using B-52 bombers against ISIS
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
NIMASA confirms taking over 20 vessels from tompolo.

Tompolo, through Global West in 2012 received at least six decommissioned Norwegian battleships. Among them were six fast-speed Hauk-class guided missile boats, now re-armed with new weapons.The most recent hardware was the KNM Horten, a fast-attack craft allegedly used for anti-piracy patrol in the Nigerian waters.Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/nimasa-takes-over-20-vessels-from-tompolo-s-firm/138104.html#EVB2MYfZOGzVE1rG.99

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 3:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
africaken254:
Russian pronouncements should be classified best as Choreographed propaganda.
I do hope they can find a lasting solution to the quagmire there. The likes of JN, Assad and the shitty state should be removed for them to have peace.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2016
iblawi:
NIMASA confirms taking over 20 vessels from tompolo.

Tompolo, through Global West in 2012 received at least six decommissioned Norwegian battleships. Among them were six fast-speed Hauk-class guided missile boats, now re-armed with new weapons.The most recent hardware was the KNM Horten, a fast-attack craft allegedly used for anti-piracy patrol in the Nigerian waters.Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/nimasa-takes-over-20-vessels-from-tompolo-s-firm/138104.html#EVB2MYfZOGzVE1rG.99

KNM Horten is a supply vessle

Your second pic is of Skjold class Strike Craft, not the Hauk-Class
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:33pm On Mar 17, 2016
africaken254:

Its a draw-down not a withdrawal

Syria has been, excluding geo-pol, nothing but a testing ground for the Russian military
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 5:04pm On Mar 17, 2016
Patchesagain:

Your second pic is of Skjold class Strike Craft, not the Hauk-Class

Horten was originally designed as a support craft for submarines and fast attack craft. After a change in the design which shortened the vessel and gave her smaller torpedo stores than originally intended, this role was reduced. Rather than supplying smaller ships with ordnance, Horten functioned primarily as support craft with regards to food, fuel and water – in some cases, the on-board facilities were also made available to crews visiting from smaller ships. Horten was known as a spacious vessel – privates had four-man cabins, leading privates had two-man cabins and some petty officers had single cabins. Commissioned officers had cabins of a high standard and the captain a large, separate cabin with top facilities. There were also guest quarters for high-ranking officers on the same deck as the captain's quarters. The officers also had a separate mess hall with a bar. During naval exercises (e.g. Joint Winter and Blue Game[2]) in the early 2000s (decade), the ship functioned as command vessel for NATO officers responsible for overseeing the exercise. At the time, the reason was partly said[by whom?] to be the ship's facilities.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HNoMS_Horten_(A530)

I will replace the second pics. Thanks
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 5:14pm On Mar 17, 2016
Patchesagain:

Your ic is of Skjold class Strike Craft, not the Hauk-Class
The error was from the media.

Thanks for the second pics I tried changing it but I was banned.
Here it is.

first pics is Hauk-class

Second pic is KNMHorten

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 17, 2016
First Photo of the Algerian Mi-28 NE Night Hunter in Russia

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 5:31pm On Mar 17, 2016
MikeCZAR:
WT...F!

And someone will protect practices like these ? undecided undecided

delete
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 5:32pm On Mar 17, 2016
africaken254:
they look unprofessional ,why are they not in uniform ! it looks more like they have singled her out .to me it looks more like hazing rather than actual physical training.whats the reason of whipping recruits for no apparent reason ,just look at those (i dont know if i should call them trainees)uniform,are those red caps official uniform and several clothing's ! i have seen several photos and videos.your notorious when it comes to wearing unofficial army uniform,i have even seen you drinking while in the front-lines engaging boko haram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxl0DGmjuKI

Barbaric, I would not be surprised when they reveal that the females are consistently raped.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 17, 2016
BlackBaron:

Russian pronouncements should be classified best as Choreographed propaganda.
I do hope they can find a lasting solution to the quagmire there. The likes of JN, Assad and the shitty state should be removed for them to have peace.
looking at how syrians are leaving,peace to the is a distance fantasy.considering how long it took Lebanon to be in the state it is now,they have long way to go
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
Patchesagain:

Its a draw-down not a withdrawal

Syria has been, excluding geo-pol, nothing but a testing ground for the Russian military

russia even is not withdrawing the S-400 SAM ,They said they do so in the future
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 6:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
SAAF...

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
‎Libyan National Army Mi-8 and Mi-35 engaged against terrorist groups in Benghazi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cCpXY7mkU0
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 7:37pm On Mar 17, 2016
Tinfoil:

Barbaric, I would not be surprised when they reveal that the females are consistently raped.

Females are not raped. This is nothing compared to what happens in many places. I think Sahara reporters misused the word abused.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2016
africaken254:
they look unprofessional ,why are they not in uniform ! it looks more like they have singled her out .to me it looks more like hazing rather than actual physical training.whats the reason of whipping recruits for no apparent reason ,just look at those (i dont know if i should call them trainees)uniform,are those red caps official uniform and several clothing's ! i have seen several photos and videos.your notorious when it comes to wearing unofficial army uniform,i have even seen you drinking while in the front-lines engaging boko haram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxl0DGmjuKI
WTF! grin
Whatever their offense, which I'm very sure is trivial.
Making them run in their full gear is far better to NDA and to the nation. This is simply debasing
Africans!!!!!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 17, 2016
lionel4power:
SOUTTH AFRICANS DOES IT BETTER TOO

http://www.combatheart.com/2016/03/south-africans-does-it-better-too.html
Decent article but the writer is very very misinformed!!

1.It's Armscor not Armscorp which is an American company.

2.Armscor was founded more than 30 years before FW de Klerk took office, he had absolutly nothing to do with the setup of Armscor.

3.Armscor never morphed into Denel, thus the fact Armscor still exists today, instead it splint in to 2 namely Armscor(acquisitions) and Kentron(manufacturing) with the later "morphing" in to Denel.

4.SAs advancement in weaponry had nothing to do with suppressing blacks back home, it was due to sanctions and the Border War.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 6:51am On Mar 18, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 18, 2016
gottfried21:
Meanwhile in Namibia

Must we expect any big Military event for Independence this year?...tell your NBC contact to give the pics free of charge you know those pics were not taken in his personal capacity angry

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 9:22am On Mar 18, 2016
Nigerian Troops Pursue Boko Haram Fighters In Borno

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 11:15am On Mar 18, 2016
SA Army Press Secretaries living large

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 11:19am On Mar 18, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

Must we expect any big Military event for Independence this year?...tell your NBC contact to give the pics free of charge you know those pics were not taken in his personal capacity angry
1.There might be another street March
Other than that just the usual ceremonial parade at the Stadium
2.I'm coming close to closing the raw footage deal grin
Managed to secure the footage from all visits...Just sorting out the payment,and I'll post them here as soon ASAP
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
gottfried21:

1.There might be another street March
Other than that just the usual ceremonial parade at the Stadium
2.I'm coming close to closing the raw footage deal grin
Managed to secure the footage from all visits...Just sorting out the payment,and I'll post them here as soon ASAP

Street marches only happens every 5 years(2010 & 2015),.....Keep us posted..Seems like the Air Force is flying practice runs in Windhoek grin

Have you notice that the insignia on the head gear for colonels and group captains is different from Generals and all other ranks

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 18, 2016
gottfried21:
At @ViceAdmiral
Didn't they say that they aren't recruiting this year? undecided

In today's paper they re-advertised and pushed up the minimum points to 25(same as universities) which makes me glad...gone is the time where the uneducated and poor academic performers went to join the military smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.