Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,315 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5986802 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 8:49am On Jun 16, 2016
NA

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2016
pls why are dis our group of soldiers not with body armour or blastic helmet
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
a real conventional war with a real probability of becoming full scale is heating up and no african country seems too concerned about it... I havent seen any african head of state ofeering any words of wisdom. AU which coincidentally is HQ'd in Adis has given its usual casual inactionable, unconciquential statement. are we waiting for mighty Ethiopia and resilient Eritrea to escalate to full scale before we cool them down..

http://mgafrica.com/article/2016-06-16-eritrea-says-it-killed-200-ethiopian-troops-in-border-clash-addis-ababa-points-to-seriously-weakened-rival/

. We should stop bieng reactive and be pro-active if we really want to end conflicts in Africa. ... the likes of bokoharam, alkebab, LRA, could never have existed if they were stoped in early stages before they got any funny ideas in their heads
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
it seems every other unit exept for regular force now wield the brown rifle..

at first it was rare to see them since they were a reserve for SF (30th) and Rangers(40th) but nowadays you see them everywhere it has become a normal sight to see.

Now 20th paratute battalion have access to the SCAR rifle

pic- 20th (airborne) batallion in nakuru county kenya

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stephandeswardt: 1:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2016
OFF TOPIC

In Azerbaijan 62m OPV don't just come with a 76mm, they are armed with Missiles and Rockets.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
F-5E/F TIII moroccan air force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 7:09pm On Jun 16, 2016
Vikkie14:
US didn't stopped the training. When we noticed their training were useless and ineffective, we have to tell them, "Alright, dudes, tix ok here. Move to the passenger seat, you aint driving the vehicle any better". http://m.voanews.com/a/nigeiran-military-training-cancellation-baffles-us-experts/2544161.html

Mr Cannonleo, you were sighted. Long time.

Pix: Nigeria
God bless you my brother, its been a long time bro, glad to finally hear your voice.
nairaland antispam bot doesnt want me to post my list of war movies and has been banning me since last week.
check your bbm i sent you a pm.

meanwhile, modified took this picture this evening

Jet wash from what i believe to be A NAF Alpha jet flying over head
reasons: caught a glimpse of the landing lights and the twin slips streams

also though i didnt capture directly to my 10 o clock high east of the supposed alpha jet that banked left and went for cloud cover, i think i caught same jet wash li on a single scale hence i judged it to be an NAF F-7.

probably destination PH airbase.

note pictures: are a little hazy.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
Henry240:
OFF TOPIC

In Azerbaijan 62m OPV don't just come with a 76mm, they are armed with Missiles and Rockets.

these are decoy launchers part of hard kill (acoustic decoys etc) / soft kill (chaff , IR flares etc) systems.

the opv will act as screen for larger vessels

classic Israeli tactic
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
Have you seen a better photo this year than this?

DRC Police, UN de-mining exercise

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
Henry240:
Have you seen a better photo this year than this?

DRC Police, UN de-mining exercise
live ordinance ! mad respect ,nobody likes it but you have to do it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 17, 2016
henry240 my contribution

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 1:59am On Jun 17, 2016
Somewhere in the ME.
Very crude .

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by realnas(m): 3:59am On Jun 17, 2016
Vikkie14:
Somewhere in the ME.
Very crude .
very crude but dammn effective
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 17, 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 17, 2016
the newly delivered Tunisian Army Kirpi MRAP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Q8nMUhMHk
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 7:21am On Jun 17, 2016
nemesis2u:

these are decoy launchers part of hard kill (acoustic decoys etc) / soft kill (chaff , IR flares etc) systems.

the opv will act as screen for larger vessels

classic Israeli tactic

does boats are from Turkey, d Azerbaijan Navy were githed 1 boat.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 17, 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 17, 2016
2nd pic for humanitarian/peace support category

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 9:47am On Jun 17, 2016
NA SF chaps left for Pakistan this week.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 17, 2016
Namibian and Brazilian Marines

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 17, 2016
giles14:
does boats are from Turkey, d Azerbaijan Navy were githed 1 boat.

the boats can be from anywhere (country of origin does not matter)
u outfit the boats ( based on the capability of the boat )
depending on your tactical and operational requirements .

hardware and tactics need not be from same country.

turkey follows much of Israeli SOPs and to a certain extent copied hardware through TOT / RE etc.

plus israel and Azerbaijan have very good military relations

but Azerbaijan is a potential future jihadi hot spot / breeding center.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:46am On Jun 17, 2016
nemesis2u:

the boats can be from anywhere (country of origin does not matter)
u outfit the boats ( based on the capability of the boat )
depending on your tactical and operational requirements .

hardware and tactics need not be from same country.

turkey follows much of Israeli SOPs and to a certain extent copied hardware through TOT / RE etc.

plus israel and Azerbaijan have very good military relations

but Azerbaijan is a potential future jihadi hot spot / breeding center.
I was wrong d craft was not Turkish.

http://defence-blog.com/news/president-of-azerbaijan-reviews-new-second-degree-border-guard-ship-of-border-service.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 17, 2016
@Gotffried
More pics of the new "Desert" cammo are coming out,only marines are issued with it is seems for now,it looks different from the one the SF colonel wears

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 17, 2016
new ethiopian eriterian border clash

Eritrea accuses Ethiopia of attacking its territory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vW-_ZQAwow

the ethiopian version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EunmVnvWYwY
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 17, 2016
Super Lynx Mk-140 [ASuW/ASW] Algerian Navy , they work on the MEKO 200

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2016
chkil:

Beautiful choppa
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nigerian Army Dog unit

22 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
chkil:
Extending the sensors of the ship.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
Egyptian amphibious assault ship Gamal Abdel Nasser

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 17, 2016
chkil:
new ethiopian eriterian border clash

Eritrea accuses Ethiopia of attacking its territory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vW-_ZQAwow

the ethiopian version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EunmVnvWYwY
afghanistan/pakistan clashes and now ethiopia/eritrea

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.