Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,776 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:08 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029023 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nganduh: 10:20am On Jun 20, 2016
I am trying hard to remember the name of an ATV that sounds something like "Auckland"! Anyone knows or remembers this name? There is a Janes article from around 2000 that Zimbabwe had acquired some of those. I just cannot recall the name correctly. I even believe I have the article saved.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 20, 2016
Henry240:

No offence, but the person who you copied that stuff from is ignorant.

The JF-17 is a damn good state-of-the-art aircraft. It isn't an F-16 and never intended to be an aircraft of that class. It's a 4th Gen aircraft designed to replace aircrafts such as legacy MIG-29s, F-7s, F-5s, F-4s et al.

PESA and AESA are meant for higher end aircrafts. The JF-17 is not a high-end fighter, it's a light multi-role fighter in the class of the Gripen C/D, J-10A and LCA. The JF-17s radar is able to track 10 aircrafts at a time and engage 2 of the 10 tracked aircrafts at a time.

The J-10B is a 4+ Gen aircraft.

The JF-17 would be used primarily as a ground attack aircraft in NAF service and for that role it is good as any other in the market. My only issue with the JF-17 is, it's has a legacy design similar to the F/A-18 Hornet and F-16. Unlike the J-10, Gripen, Eurofighter, Rafale who use more mordern designs.
The Tejas Mark IA will equipped with an improved version of the EL/M-2052 AESA radar being developed jointly by Elta and HAL.if nigeria air force wants its could order the customization of its JF-17 with EL/M-2052 AESA radar .AESA radar technology is maturing and the cost reducing with increasing number of companies offering AESA radars in the defence market
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nganduh: 10:34am On Jun 20, 2016
africaken254:
The Tejas Mark IA will equipped with an improved version of the EL/M-2052 AESA radar being developed jointly by Elta and HAL.if nigeria air force wants its could order the customization of its JF-17 with EL/M-2052 AESA radar .AESA radar technology is maturing and the cost reducing with increasing number of companies offering AESA radars in the defence market

I thought Elta was already offering the 2052 AESA via some chinese middleman and I assume targeting JF-17 and J-10 customers. ?

http://www.defensenews.com/story/breaking-news/2015/08/17/chinese-firm-claims--offer-israeli-aesa-radar/31853981/

Chinese Firm Claims To Offer Israeli AESA Radar

By Wendell Minnick and Barbara Opall-Rome 2:48 p.m. EDT August 17, 2015

TAIPEI and TEL AVIV — A People's Liberation Army (PLA)-accredited, publicly traded firm is marketing an advanced airborne fire-control radar believed to be from Elta Systems, the same Israeli state-owned subsidiary at the heart of an incendiary chapter in US-Israel relations that continues to reverberate 15 years after Washington forced Israel to cancel a controversial contract with Beijing.

According to a product catalogue by NAV Technology Company, the Beijing-based firm claims its active electronic scanned array (AESA) radar "incorporates Elta's decades of field-proven experience with real operational feedback from Israel Air Force combat pilots."

While the catalogue — distributed at Airshow China in Zhuhai last November — does not directly identify Elta's ELM-2052 radar by name, its two-page description is nearly identical to publicly available marketing data by Elta, a subsidiary of state-owned Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), whose Phalcon aerial warning and control radar deal with Beijing was terminated in mid-2000 due to fierce opposition from executive and legislative branches of the US government.

The NAV-purported product boasts advanced multimode capabilities for precision, long-range attack of multiple air, sea and moving ground targets.

If indeed the radar is part of NAV's product portfolio, it could provide Chinese-made fighters — including those planned for export to Iran and other nations hostile to both Israel and the United States — with the ability to track and attack dozens of targets simultaneously.

Israel's Ministry of Defence on Monday said it has no knowledge of NAV and its claimed association with Elta. Yet when asked if the MoD had ever granted IAI a license to market the Elta airborne AESA radar in China or to a Chinese subsidiary, spokeswoman Orna Simhoni-Ofer declined to answer and referred Defense News to IAI.

In a written reply, IAI spokeswoman Eliana Fishler denied any association between Elta and NAV "or any other Chinese firm."

According to Fishler, "We don't have a clue as to why they wrote this in their brochure, but it is completely not true."

Fishler declined, however, to state what, if any, steps the firm intended to take against NAV for what it insists is a blatant forgery of IAI/Elta marketing information.

Yang Yunchun, NAV Technology chairman and president, did not respond to repeated requests for comment. The Chinese-language website for the company does not list an AESA radar as a product. According to public information, Yang is the founder and principal stockholder (55 percent) of the company traded on the Chinese stock exchange.

But in an apparent boost to IAI claims of forgery, NAV's 55-page product catalogue indicates the firm is willing to "reverse engineer" a US-made inertial navigation system that the Pakistani Air Force is having problems with. NAV would provide "a detailed solution," according to company marketing material.

The NAV catalogue also lists a "NAV-SDB Small Diameter Bomb" that appears identical to the Boeing GBU-39 precision-guided glide bomb, including photograph and specs.

In 2010, the company received Chinese government approval to manufacture equipment for the PLA, similar to ISO 9000 certification. The NAV website includes a copy of the quality control accreditation certificate issued by the China New Time Quality System Accreditation Center on behalf of the China Military Industry Product Quality Accreditation Committee.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 20, 2016
angola SU-27

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 20, 2016
nganduh:

I thought Elta was already offering the 2052 AESA via some chinese middleman and I assume targeting JF-17 and J-10 customers. ?

http://www.defensenews.com/story/breaking-news/2015/08/17/chinese-firm-claims--offer-israeli-aesa-radar/31853981/

its report the US government pressured israel to cancel the deal and nothing has being heard about the deal from then
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 20, 2016
nganduh:

Not too sure but seems it is at the advanced stages/levels of flying F-7s.

Ouk,Any pics from the joint AFZ/NAF exercises i.e. Savannah thunderbolt 1?

Namibian police training with French police

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2016
africaken254:

"An Indian system in a Pakistani co-produced fighter jet?" ........ I don't think the Indians would agree to such a sale.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
africaken254:
seen a couple during the capture of kismayo,but i have love to have seen them utilised in insertions behind enemy line when conducting raids as how america special ops use them.transporting them using Chinooks,we could use our MI-17 LINK to the video of the kenya ATV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFMWa0HRL_4

They are an important recon vehicle. The Australians and French use them in very good numbers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2016
Nigerian Air Force

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
Henry240:

"An Indian system in a Pakistani co-produced fighter jet?" ........ I don't think the Indians would agree to such a sale.
EL/M-2052 AESA radar isn't a indian system but is produced by israel ELta .what indian and israel companies ELta and HAL want is to co-produce is an improved EL/M-2052 AESA radar for the Tejas Mark IA jet
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
jteku:
Nigerian Army Dog unit
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nganduh: 6:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

Ouk,Any pics from the joint AFZ/NAF exercises i.e. Savannah thunderbolt 1?

Namibian police training with French police

Sorry. Nothing. Would love to see some.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 8:49pm On Jun 20, 2016
NA SF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 8:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
jteku:
Nigerian Army Dog unit
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:23am On Jun 21, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force
is this deployment due to the recent attacks in niger by boko haram or niger delta ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 21, 2016
africaken254:
is this deployment due to the recent attacks in niger by boko haram or niger delta ?

This is Maiduguri FOB. The deployment has to do with the recent spike in attacks in Niger republic, if you watched the videos posted here in this thread, you would have heard the Air chief state the Air Force was also carrying out operations in Southern Niger.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 21, 2016
DICON Bullet-Proof vest

DICON vests are now back in active service after 2 years leave due to quality control issues.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 21, 2016
Henry240:

This is Maiduguri FOB. The deployment has to do with the recent spike in attacks in Niger republic, if you watched the videos posted here in this thread, you would have heard the Air chief state the Air Force was also carrying out operations in Southern Niger.
i am astounded by Facilities in nigerian air force FOB .most of kenya air force FOB lack hangers even temporary hangars to shelter air crafts
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 21, 2016
the alshabaab leader of kenyan origin Mohamed Kuno ,who planned the garrisa university terror massacre and several other mass terror killings is killed by somalia special ops . good riddance

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 21, 2016
africaken254:
i am astounded by Facilities in nigerian air force FOB .most of kenya air force FOB lack hangers even temporary hangars to shelter air crafts

Nigeria has a properly equipped military. We have our well documented problems and like every other military we require a lot of improvements, however anybody who says we are ill-equipped is ignorant and ill-informed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 21, 2016
Nigerian Air Force Port-Harcourt base fitness facilities

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 4:56pm On Jun 21, 2016

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
Gendarmery SF DSI "Intervention Special Detachment" Algeria cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvH2cr9aluw

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
Tunisian Army

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2016
I bet this is a better packaged report on the recent deployment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2lH7V2TKjU
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
Fynline:
I bet this is a better packaged report on the recent deployment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2lH7V2TKjU

There's an NTA report on the Navy, i only caught a glimpse of it this afternoon. I think it's about the Navy's communication center.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
Some good news from the Navy

Here you have it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncUPIQwG14A
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
Fynline:

Here you have it

State-of-the-art....... I mean completely awesome and STATE-OF-THE-ART!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:31pm On Jun 21, 2016
Fynline:

Here you have it

Just downloaded and watched the video.

I must commend the navy on such land mark and state of the art facility :" FALCON EYE". And from the video I heard 1 out of 4 housing such facility. These is a good development for the naval/maritime sector.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2016
Snapshots from 1 of 4 State-of-the-art command centers of Nigeria's Falcon Eye system.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 22, 2016
Mid-life upgrades for SA Navy Valour Class frigates

"self-protection systems of the embarked Super Lynx maritime helicopters, operated by the SA Air Force’s 22 Squadron will also be improved."

"Anti-surface warfare is the primary role for the frigates, and we'll update or replace the current Exocet (Block 2) anti-ship missile system," Girsa told the conference"

"Denel Umkhonto surface-to-air missile system will also be enhanced, maintaining its air defence capability against evolving threats. The ships have a limited anti-submarine warfare role, so the existing Thales Kingclip sonar is expected to be retained."

"the Thales MRR G-band air/surface search radar, and the electronic warfare suite comprising the Grintek EWASION system, for communications electronic support measures (CESM), and a Saab Avitronics radar electronic support measures system, will be replaced."

"The existing Reutech RTS 6400 optical radar tracker (ORT), sited forward, is to be retained but the electro-optical tracker (EOT), sited aft, is to be replaced with a new system. The existing combat management system, originally developed and supplied by African Defence Systems (ADS), is also set to be upgraded or replaced."

"The existing gun systems, including the Oto Melara 76/62 compact guns forward and the Denel 35 mm gun systems aft, are to be upgraded to enhance both fire-support and self-defence capabilities."

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=43963:mid-life-upgrades-for-sa-navy-valour-class-frigates&catid=111:sa-defence&Itemid=242
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 22, 2016
nigeria soldiers Repel Attack On Their outpost ,which even a SVIED was used ,Marked un-exploded 155mm shells

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.