Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5983631 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 12, 2016
Bodies of five Malian soldiers found after clash with militants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVdXuB6J79M
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 12, 2016
Nigeria COIN

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 2:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
tdayof:
Okay.
Firstly, alpha jet won't even see the f35 and the govt won't spend a dime installing an expensive L, uhf-vhf band radar on an alpha jet. Moreover which country will sell out such radar to Nigeria.
F35 is far better that A-ha jet aerodynamically, avionics etc. A-jet will definitely go out Of missiles that's if it has the chance to get a lock on on the f35.

please stop...dont tell me its not possible to fix a gadget on the alpha jets,that can see the f35......

look...i know you want new toys like on christmas-day...but we can not afford it!!!...

what does it profit you to have all modern weapons,but the people are unhappy??....

upgrading is much cheaper.....

physics is not hard....about detecting the f35, i am sure a university smart-head,can figure that out...

the f35 still needs a engine...engines are impossible to completly hide....the heat is enourmous......

we can reverse-engineer too.....if you realy want a f35 so badly,buy only one and reverse-engineer it......you surely not buy 4,5 of them....with which money??,....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
bantudra:

please stop...dont tell me its not possible to fix a gadget on the alpha jets,that can see the f35......

look...i know you want new toys like on christmas-day...but we can not afford it!!!...

what does it profit you to have all modern weapons,but the people are unhappy??....

physics is not hard....about detecting the f35, i am sure a university smart-head,can figure that out...

the f35 still needs a engine...engines are impossible to completly hide....the heat is enourmous......

we can reverse-engineer too.....if you realy want a f35 so badly,buy only one and reverse-engineer it......you surely not buy 4,5 of them....with which money??,....
Am not saying it's impossible to fix radars that can detect f35 on A-jet.
1 detecting f35 will need a more advanced radar that will be useless on a-jet as f35 is too stealthy unlike pakfa.

A jet will need vhf -l band radar to find f35 and when it's able to detect f35 there will be no way she can perform a good radar lock on on her as vhf - L band are too weak to do such thing.

2 To detect f35 will need the use of ground based radars or AWACS as I doubt if a military jet will have such capability yet based on weight factors.

3 By the way f35 stealth issue is being discussed I think it will take serious amount of physics and thinking to be able to counter it. Am not saying it's not possible but it won't be easy.
Reverse engineering is not what Nigeria is capable of except the country is really ready to invest.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
bantudra:

upgrading of alpha jets to see f-35??upgrading alpha to see f35 is much cheaper??_..Now am worried

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
Odunayaw:
upgrading of alpha jets to see f-35??upgrading alpha to see f35 is much cheaper??_..Now am worried
LOL he definitely made a mistake. grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 12, 2016
Northeastern Nigeria. Hardcore Counterinsurgency.Pic 1, 2 and 3

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2016
Odunayaw:
grin grin grin grin Lol
I find the post hilarious myself, talking about upgrading a subsonic dinosaur era airframe to detect an F35. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
guys check this out on libya. https://aradublog.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Northeastern Nigeria. Hardcore Counterinsurgency.Pic 1, 2 and 3

So HARDCORE!!

I particularly like the 1st photo.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 13, 2016
Henry240:

So HARDCORE!!

I particularly like the 1st photo.
the first picture is also my personal favourite among the set, it tells a story!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarkside: 4:42am On Aug 13, 2016
upko1:

grin grin grin grin Lol
I find the post hilarious myself, talking about upgrading a subsonic dinosaur era airframe to detect an F35. grin grin

why do you think its sooo hard to figure out how to detect a f35??....anything that moves,create heat....and things flying made by men,create a remarkable amount of heat....

people even still use a stick to detect underground-water in dry lands....

after you detect the f35,just shoot everything you have in that direction!!!...even one 7mm munition is enough to make the f35 vulnerable.......

you dont have to focus the ol time on it...just shoot everything you have in the direction that you suspect it.....

look...nigerians are not happy...better upgrade what you already have,than provoke the people and have nothing a tall!!!!....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 6:25am On Aug 13, 2016
thedarkside:

why do you think its sooo hard to figure out how to detect a f35??....anything that moves,create heat....and things flying made by men,create a remarkable amount of heat....

after you detect the f35,just shoot everything you have in that direction!!!...even one 7mm munition is enough to make the f35 vulnerable.......

you dont have to focus the ol time on it...just shoot everything you have in the direction that you suspect it.....

look...nigerians are not happy...better upgrade what you already have,than provoke the people and have nothing a tall!!!!....
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Nigerians are not happy, so by spending tons of cash upgrading our fleets of beat up and near end of service life alpha jets, Nigerians would have something to be happy about??
Your logic is flawed my good friend cheesy

The science behind F35 isn't magic it is not a supernatural piece of flying tech detecting it is possible, if you are not already dead.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko: 6:51am On Aug 13, 2016
thedarkside:

LOL!!
So by upgrading our fleet of short, beat up, old and near end of service life alpha jets that would give Nigerians something to be happy about ??
Your logic is flawed my good friend grin

The science behind F35 is not alien or supernatural, detecting it is not impossible, if you aren't dead already
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 13, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

the first picture is also my personal favourite among the set, it tells a story!

The dedication of all men and women of the Nigerian military, across the tri-service in the past 6 years of this senseless insurgency summed up in one photo.

The soldiers, they play their part, those of us who have dedicated our personal time to publicise the tremendous efforts of the soldiers over the years, we also play our part. So why can't the fuckers at the helm of affairs play their own part by providing adequately what these soldiers require to do their jobs instead of stealing all the money, even if funds are scarce, let us see that they tried.

.....But No, the politicians and top brass only want to loot, loot and "thief" all the money.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:37am On Aug 13, 2016
thedarkside:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:27am On Aug 13, 2016
Lots of people getting banned.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 13, 2016
andrewza:
Lots of people getting banned.

Why won't they get banned. I mean, how can anybody possibly try to pit an Alpha jet against the F-35, and still expect to post stuff freely.

It just isn't possible. The absurdity of the scenario requires a ban.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2016
Henry240:

The dedication of all men and women of the Nigerian military, across the tri-service in the past 6 years of this senseless insurgency summed up in one photo.

The soldiers, they play their part, those of us who have dedicated our personal time to publicise the tremendous efforts of the soldiers over the years, we also play our part. So why can't the fuckers at the helm of affairs play their own part by providing adequately what these soldiers require to do their jobs instead of stealing all the money, even if funds are scarce, let us see that they tried.

.....But No, the politicians and top brass only want to loot, loot and "thief" all the money.

It's almost like the money clouds their judgment, did you see the report on the other thread about NAF signing a deal with some UAE firm for the purchase of additional Mi-35m attack helicopters?
It got me really angry, what happened to all the talk about this government only doing transactions with no middle men or contractors in the mix.
What's wrong with engaging the manufacturer directly ?? I don't see the logic at all.

Only a few months ago a high Nigerian delegation was in Russia discussing what we all thought was some kind of major arms deal, what have we heard from that ?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2016
Henry240:

Why won't they get banned. I mean, how can anybody possibly try to pit an Alpha jet against the F-35, and still expect to post stuff freely.

Totally agree.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2016
Italian Leonardo Helicopters inks an assembly plant contract in Algeria

A memorandum of understanding on the manufacturing of AugustaWesland helicopters in Ain Arnat, Setif, was signed Thursday, in Algiers, by the ministry of National Defence and the Italian group Leonardo-Finmeccanica SPA-Italy said the ministry in a statement.

At the contrary to what we announced few weeks ago, the deal for an helicopeter assembly plant in Algeria has been awarded to Leonardo-Helicopters (eg Finmeccanica Agusta Westland) and not Denel. Even if the Algerian government still consider the option of an assembly line for the south-african Rooivalk. The proposal have been made by the South African manufacturer DENEL during the visit of the algerian Prime Minister Abdelmalek Sellal to Pretoria.

Planned since the very first signature of the mega deal betweekn the algerian MOD and Agusta-Westland in 2009. The plant was expected to be constructed four years ago the same site of Ain Arnat in Sétif Province.

A hundred helicopters should be assembled in Algeria, mainly[b] AW109LUH[/b] the AW101 and AW139 for the needs of the air force, navy, civil protection, gendarmerie and police.

The first contract with Agusta Westland was inked in 2007, but it is the one of 2009 which included, in addition to the delivery of a hundred aircraft, the installation of an assembly line. In 2015, this contract was scrutinized by the services of the Italian Guardia di Finanza, suspicions of corruption had surrounded the case but did not result at the end to any arrests or trial.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2016
chinese8107:

I would choose weight. Air transportablity.

We do operate and export something similar, it's called the Denel G5. About 150 of these were exported to the Middle East around the 80s. Please see attached

However, fixed artillery has its disadvantages. It can be counterattacked by other artillery or designated by nearby Special Ops for air attacks. As for mobile howitzers, they hit a target then get out of the area as quick as possible and do it all over again.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2016
Henry240:

lwkm...dz oga en
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

It's almost like the money clouds their judgment, did you see the report on the other thread about NAF signing a deal with some UAE firm for the purchase of additional Mi-35m attack helicopters?
It got me really angry, what happened to all the talk about this government only doing transactions with no middle men or contractors in the mix.
What's wrong with engaging the manufacturer directly ?? I don't see the logic at all.

Only a few months ago a high Nigerian delegation was in Russia discussing what we all thought was some kind of major arms deal, what have we heard from that ?
oga Sir..the day I saw dz ur pictures...I remember telling my buddy that we are getting something ryt
but these days I do not know what to say or do again fa
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 2:41pm On Aug 13, 2016
thedarkside:

henry,give me a break...its not that we like to get banned.....we,the people are not happy rah-rah....

you are talking about f35,as if its akara....how much does a f35 cost sef??.....you pay in dollars,not nairas uooooohhhhhhh!!!!.....

i am trying to help out...

i am telling you,,,,its possible to take out a f35 with only a alfa-jet!!!!!......

You can not take out a fully operational F35 with alpha jets and it has nothing to do with stealth.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 13, 2016
thedarkside:

you dont see the logic in it,because you dont understand the world you live in......

planet earth is a giant prison....nobody is free...not the chinese,indians,cameroonians,gambians,americans,english,arabians...

if you understood,,,you would understand why the goverment is trying to climb the chain of the food-ladder-of-life-on-earth..

Please feel free to explain to me how involving a random Emirati private company is a better way of dealing with the Russians that doing it directly with the state run manufacturer.
Wait aren't you thesame guy that was suggesting we upgrade our alpha jets so they can take on F35s ? .... undecided
Actually never mind I don't need you explaining anything to me.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 2:56pm On Aug 13, 2016
thedarkside:

why not??...i beg,tell me...let be pounder..

i believe,its possible to take out a f35 with only a simple helicopter......

The F35 situational awareness. The AN/AAQ-37 provided a 360 degree cover with electro optical cameras. In short you not sneaking up on one. Next the F35 radar will see a alpha far beyond the range of a Alpha jets weapons and Radar and sine the F3 are Data linked only one will need there radar on for all to get the information. Since the F35 can both detected and track the far slower Alpha it can shoot far sooner.

Sure the Alpha could try and fly low and hide and pop up and try and hit the F35 from bellow. Problem is that the F35 as got a 360 degree cover and the alpha is slow.

The amount of money needed to make a alpha be able to stand up against a F35 is so much you may as well just buy a Aircraft that can do it. And there are aircraft that can carry a powerful enough Radar, Are fast enough, have the need edge to beat the F35 in a fight if they out number the F35 and they will since they have cheaper and easier maintenance

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
andrewza:

The F35 situational awareness. The AN/AAQ-37 provided a 360 degree cover with electro optical cameras. In short you not sneaking up on one. Next the F35 radar will see a alpha far beyond the range of a Alpha jets weapons and Radar and sine the F3 are Data linked only one will need there radar on for all to get the information. Since the F35 can both detected and track the far slower Alpha it can shoot far sooner.

Sure the Alpha could try and fly low and hide and pop up and try and hit the F35 from bellow. Problem is that the F35 as got a 360 degree cover and the alpha is slow.

The amount of money needed to make a alpha be able to stand up against a F35 is so much you may as well just buy a Aircraft that can do it. And there are aircraft that can carry a powerful enough Radar, Are fast enough, have the need edge to beat the F35 in a fight if they out number the F35 and they will since they have cheaper and easier maintenance
Oga Andrew stop explaining na
infact sef....a UCAV will take a f35

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.