Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,621 members, 7,827,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5981569 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:45am On Aug 14, 2016
africaken254:
the colombia air force Bell 212/ UH-1 are mounted with GAU-19B .50Caliber (12.7mm) Gatling Gun

South Africa used the GA1 20mm cannon from allouet 3's

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product3624.html

Currently in serves with the special forces and police task force

Here it is in the ground role with Police task force

[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdcSqcIXfQbDhk9q6L5YBeVezr3MMFEZ09Pu7h3ahJGeMSgP3_pQ[/img]
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:52am On Aug 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 14, 2016
this past week this kenya police AW 139 was doing patrols around my neighbourhood when it suddenly hovered around very close to where i stay.for almost 30 minutes and everyone was outside wondering whats going on,me i was just laughing(but i did the stupid thing of not filming angry)there are a lot of illegal somalia refugees stay around my neighbourhood but that night they were indoors .also it didn't have its search light on(checking us with their thermal camera grin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9LBRTFsjAQ

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Mynd44: 11:58am On Aug 14, 2016
Henry240:
@Mynd44, your mail did not drop in my inbox.
check your spam box
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 14, 2016
Nigerian Air Force doctors providing humanitarian assistance to citizens in IDP camps.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 14, 2016
Mynd44:
check your spam box
Also nothing there.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2016

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
Nigerian Navy Shipbuilding.

The Nigerian Navy's Engineering Services Limited has completed the complete overhaul and Repair of NNS Yola and NNS Brass. They are (2) 29 meters Rasmussen class patrol vessels.

So in addition to,

- NNS Ugwu (locally built Tug-boat),

- NNS Ohue ( Mine sweeper turned OPV),

- NNS "Barama" (Mine Sweeper turned OPV),

The Navy has also delivered NNS Brass and NNS Yola. The Navy is supposed to deliver a second 40 meters CPV(SDBII) and NNS Unity( 2nd OPV) before the year turns down.

While NNS Siri (Missile boat) and NNS Ayam(Missile boat) were last pictured at the dockyard.

Here are photos of the NNS BRASS and NNS YOLA at the dockyard during overhaul.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 2:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
Henry240:

What's a "G car" and "Allouet K"?

NAF A109s are fitted with M2 Browing 50 CALs. I do agree they need FLIR systems on board all NAF LUHs.
The transport helicopters of the fire force.

K- Cars are the armed ones. Armed with a 20mm canon.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 3:18pm On Aug 14, 2016
africaken254:
this past week this kenya police AW 139 was doing patrols around my neighbourhood when it suddenly hovered around very close to where i stay.for almost 30 minutes and everyone was outside wondering whats going on,me i was just laughing(but i did the stupid thing of not filming angry)there are a lot of illegal somalia refugees stay around my neighbourhood but that night they were indoors .also it didn't have its search light on(checking us with their thermal camera grin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9LBRTFsjAQ

What do you mean illegal Somalis? How do you know they are illegal? What is your address?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
IL-76 TD/MD & IL-78 T/M [Candid & Midas] Algerian air force

last pic isn't algerian air force one

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgfWJXfQb8w

Latest on Chibok girls. This is very sad!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2016
Tinfoil:

What do you mean illegal Somalis? How do you know they are illegal? What is your address?
your mother told me and ask her my address !

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 14, 2016
africaken254:
and ask her my address !

Dude you're better than this.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2016
Henry240:

Dude you're better than this.
this arab wanabe pisses me off,i know his kind they dont consider africans or people with negroid features to be humans.i live with them,i know them.they think they are superior because the share DNA with arabs

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 14, 2016
Mozambique L-29 trainer jet

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
so its true a uganda Sukhoi Su-30MK2 did crash-land at Entebbe International airport

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2016
africaken254:
so its true a uganda Sukhoi Su-30MK2 did crash-land at Entebbe International airport
Landing gear failed to deploy?

Cool picture anyway!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 14, 2016
africaken254:

there was a report in 2011 about that

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21466:ugandan-su-30-crash-lands--witnesses&catid=35:Aerospace&Itemid=107
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
uganda Sukhoi Su-30MK2 jets

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2016
africaken254:
Nice pictures, any idea Howmuch it will cost to restore the crashed jet to flying conditions? It seems like the landing gear had a problem and pilot was forced to do a frying pan landing
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 14, 2016
Fynline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgfWJXfQb8w

Latest on Chibok girls. This is very sad!

This whole scenario is completely sad and tiring. Anyway on the plus side, the Nigerian army has rescued much much more victims. Hopefully these girls would also soon have their day in the sun.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
africaken254:

Is this the "Russian" Air Force? LOL.

In my humble opinion, the SU-30 is a bad choice for Uganda. The Air Force would have done much better with a light weight multi-role fighter.

The MIG-29smt or MIG-29M2 would have been a better choice.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2016
Henry240:

Is this the "Russian" Air Force? LOL.

In my humble opinion, the SU-30 is a bad choice for Uganda. The Air Force would have done much better with a light weight multi-role fighter.

The MIG-29smt or MIG-29M2 would have been a better choice.
they had just arrived,they were used to bomb machar forces in northern south sudan during the civil war. museveni has a regional strategic ambition

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
africaken254:
they had just arrived,they were used to bomb machar forces in northern south sudan during the civil war. museveni has a regional strategic ambition

What i mean is, for the cost of flying this plane, and numbers gotten, they should have instead gone for the MIG-29M2 ($40+ million a unit).

Regional strategic ambition with only 6 planes doesn't quite cut it.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
Nigerian Army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2016
Namibian Armed Forces

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

Nice pictures, any idea Howmuch it will cost to restore the crashed jet to flying conditions? It seems like the landing gear had a problem and pilot was forced to do a frying pan landing
most likely uganda/russian had an agreement concerning such an incident ever happening.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
Henry240:

What i mean is, for the cost of flying this plane, and numbers gotten, they should have instead gone for the MIG-29M2 ($40+ million a unit).

Regional strategic ambition with only 6 planes doesn't quite cut it.
have you checked the fighter plane inventory of most countries around uganda ! they are new oil rich country and dont care about cost
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2016
NIGERIAN ARMY DECLARES AHMED SALKIDA (AMBASSADOR) AHMED U BOLORI AND AISHA WAKIL WANTED
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
A pair of Nigerien Air Force hinds

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Shaytun, kaplip(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.