Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5983398 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
The world is quite aware of the abduction of several persons; women, children and men, including the female students of Government Secondary School Chibok, Borno State Nigeria by Boko Haram Terrorists group. Consequently, appeal was made for their unconditional release by the Federal Government. The military also made concerted efforts to rescue them.

We also appealed to Nigerians that have any information to volunteer to the military or security agencies to enable us rescue them.

However, two recent incidents have pointed to the fact that, there are three individuals namely; Ahmed Salkida, (Ambassador) Ahmed U. Bolori and Aisha Wakil that have information on the conditions and the exact location of these girls.

Therefore, the Nigerian Army hereby declare the two gentlemen and the lady wanted for interrogation. We are relying on the relevant laws of the land and in particular the Terrorism Prevention Act 2011 (as amended) where Nigerians could be punished for failure to disclose information about terrorists or terrorists activities.

This become necessary as a result of their link with the last two videos released by Boko Haram Terrorists and other findings of our preliminary investigations.

There is no doubt that these individuals have links with Boko Haram Terrorists and have contacts with them. They must therefore come forward and tell us where the group is keeping the Chibok Girls and other abducted persons to enable us rescue them.
We are therefore calling on all Nigerians and peace loving people to give us useful information on their whereabouts. We are also liaising with other security agencies for their arrest if they failed to turn up.

You are please requested to kindly disseminate this information to the public through your medium.

Thank you for your kind and usual cooperation.

Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman Acting Director Army Public Relations

http://www.army.mil.ng/nigerian-army-declares-ahmed-salkida-ambassador-ahmed-u-bolori-and-aisha-wakil-wanted/

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 8:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
A pair of Nigerien Air Force hinds
bro any idea where the pic was taking?...the other guy looks like the a military personel of one of the french speaking countries.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
pacretus:
bro any idea where the pic was taking?...the other guy looks like the a military personel of one of the french speaking countries.

Those are Niger troops, not Nigeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
tdayof:

Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman Acting Director Army Public Relations

http://www.army.mil.ng/nigerian-army-declares-ahmed-salkida-ambassador-ahmed-u-bolori-and-aisha-wakil-wanted/

This guy has quite a lot of questions to answer.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sparrow13: 8:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
tdayof:
NIGERIAN ARMY DECLARES AHMED SALKIDA (AMBASSADOR) AHMED U BOLORI AND AISHA WAKIL WANTED
Although i don't personally like that Salkida guy, i think this is not the right way to handle him the Army would have use a diplomatic approach, especially knowing he is in exile and he has a wide range of sympathizers
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 14, 2016
pacretus:
the picture was taken in Niger republic, the other soldiers seems to be wearing a Cameroonian camo if I'm not mistaking.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 14, 2016
Tinfoil:
1st Nigeria J17?
http://quwa.org//wp-content/uploads/2016/01/JF-17-Block-2-01-692x360.png

No, it's not. It is the first Block-2 version of the JF-17.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 15, 2016
South-African Army RDRV

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 15, 2016
The sort of vehicle @Frumentius likes.

I see the requirements for vehicles like these. The French in Mali deployed their Panhad SPVs in many of the missions French commandos carried out in Mali.

However i feel the French commandos were able to deploy as freely as they did with their SPVs because they had dedicated support structures to combine with their high mobility.

Dedicated Attack Helicopters, Dedicated Medium Transport Helicopters, Dedicated LUH, Drone and Transport plane.

My opinion.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 7:24am On Aug 15, 2016
This type of vehicle plus the beloved S'African Gecko would not do very well in the Lake Chad regions bordering Chad /Niger/Nigeria.It also would be in serious trouble in the No Man's land between Kenya and Somalia
It is too exposed and can't take one RPG or a buried IED
I may hurt some feelings but it is no better than the thin skinned Toyota Hiluxes . They are essentially H.M.V.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 15, 2016
Henry240:
South-African Army RDRV

Actually SA Special Forces Brigade RDRV. The SASF Brigade is a separate entity, not part of the Army.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 15, 2016
Henry240:
The sort of vehicle @Frumentius likes.

I see the requirements for vehicles like these. The French in Mali deployed their Panhad SPVs in many of the missions French commandos carried out in Mali.

However i feel the French commandos were able to deploy as freely as they did with their SPVs because they had dedicated support structures to combine with their high mobility.

Dedicated Attack Helicopters, Dedicated Medium Transport Helicopters, Dedicated LUH, Drone and Transport plane.

My opinion.

Yes, I'm a strong proponent that a vehicle must fit the function. A few threads ago I detailed the vehicles, by function, in the possession of the SA SF, from the Gecko to the Casspir.

I don't know why this is so hard to comprehend for some of our Nigerian brethren: FIRST YOU DEFINE THE ROLE/FUNCTION, THEN THE VEHICLE THAT BEST FITS IN LINE WITH YOUR BUDGET, LOGS ETC.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 9:18am On Aug 15, 2016
LTGEN:
This type of vehicle plus the beloved S'African Gecko would not do very well in the Lake Chad regions bordering Chad /Niger/Nigeria.It also would be in serious trouble in the No Man's land between Kenya and Somalia
I may hurt some feelings but it is no better than the thin skinned Toyota Hiluxes . They are essentially H.M.V.

It would not be used there. It for rapid response not patrols. It is exposed because the primary weapon on them is the infantry they carry and they need to dismount fast. Even so they proofed very resilient in CAR.

The Geeko is not for combat. It is for logistcal support. It means the paratroopers that deployed by air can move there stuff around. Put it this way would you rather carry a 12.7mm machin gun and all the ammo from the DZ to the front line or use the geeko. The Geeko is like the jeep from WW2.

All ways use the correct tool for the correct job.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 15, 2016
frumentius:

Yes, I'm a strong proponent that a vehicle must fit the function. A few threads ago I detailed the vehicles, by function, in the possession of the SA SF, from the Gecko to the Casspir.

I don't know why this is so hard to comprehend for some of our Nigerian brethren: FIRST YOU DEFINE THE ROLE/FUNCTION, THEN THE VEHICLE THAT BEST FITS IN LINE WITH YOUR BUDGET, LOGS ETC.

Hogwash!!

Did i tell you i don't know what they are? I was only pointing out using the French example how they used theirs, and the sort of support structure that comes with them.

Simply put, RDRV French example.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 15, 2016
Nigerian Army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2016
LTGEN:

Can you sling a Hilux under an Oryx or drop it out of a C130?

No?

Ok then cool

Pic related, a pretty good example of one of the roles it fulls:

- Move mortar team to an LZ (which is not going to be on the objective) with helo
- Drop men + Gecko
- Men use Gecko to get their tube, base plate and ammo (hundreds of kilograms of gear) to their firing position quickly

Its all about mobility

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:56am On Aug 15, 2016
Since we are talking about Geckos... may as well share my collection of Gecko's..

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2016
some favorits

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2016
LTGEN:

These are not direct fire vehicles. They're meant to sneak into enemy territory with less footprint to either secure a Landing Zone (LZ) for a larger force like the paratroopers to follow or setup an ambush or disrupt enemy supply lines or demolition (which is a very important part of war).

They're not meant to be on the road hence the 8x8 configuration of the Gecko so you don't have to worry about roadside IEDs. As Patrick has indicated, a Gecko would be flown closer or inside enemy territory with a few Pathfinders, it's meant to assist in carrying heavy weapons while they secure a Landing Zone. Heavy mortar or explosives or the Denel NTW-20 for killing SAMs and even enemy aircraft would also be featured in the Gecko....

In some instances portable antiaircraft missiles would be moved in just outside an enemy airfield to shoot down enemy jets or gunships as soon at they take off from the runway (like the SF would do in Angola)

The Hornet can mount an antitank missile, the Ingwe Missile. It can be used for clearing the LZ in case there would be armour just before hundreds of paratroopers are dropped into battle or it can be used just to randomly reduce the enemy's ability to deploy heavy armour just before a main battle. (which the Toyota doesn't do)

In case of an ambush, RPGs are the least of your worries, the vehicles carry plenty of firepower for their sizes and the SF and Pathfinders do those ambush drills constantly.... and of course you can drive off when the situation becomes unbearable.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Deway75: 4:20pm On Aug 15, 2016
Hope say we naija people dey see say our neighbours in the south actually apply reasoning, sensibility, intelligence and craft in what they do with their army. Its not about force and posing in pics all over the place. They define their equipment for specific roles. I agree with patches, you cant string a hilux neither can u chute it down a C130. U can do that with a VBL but it carries fewer men and its less versatile and rugged. Abeg I new here o, no yabs.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2016
Deway75:
Hope say we naija people dey see say our neighbours in the south actually apply reasoning, sensibility, intelligence and craft in what they do with their army. Its not about force and posing in pics all over the place. They define their equipment for specific roles. I agree with patches, you cant string a hilux neither can u chute it down a C130. U can do that with a VBL but it carries fewer men and its less versatile and rugged. Abeg I new here o, no yabs.

Hahahaaaahaaa.......are u scared..n.. grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2016
LTGEN:
Heh Not necessarily.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2016
Deway75:
lwkm..See intro
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2016
nigeria soldier

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 15, 2016
its being alleged that senior alshabaab leader were among the 30 alshabaab terrorist by a joint america and somali force.there is also rumours that alShabaab emir Ahmad Umar was either killed or captured

MOGADISH, Aug. 14 (Xinhua) -- The United States Special Forces have killed more than 30 Al-Shabab militants including senior commanders during two separate security operations in southern Somalia in the past four days.

Sources close to the government army told Xinhua on Sunday that the operations which took place on Aug. 10 and 13 targeted insurgents in Sakow town in Middle Jubba region.

"The U.S. backed by Somali commandos hit Al-Shabaab targets in Sakow town, killing 30 militants in separate security operations that took place on Aug. 10 and Aug 13. Senior members of the terror group were killed," the source who declined to be identified told Xinhua by telephone.

He said Al-Shabaab leader, Abu Ubeida is suspected to be either killed or captured during the operation. Three of his deputies including the spokesman of the group, Abu Mus'ab and another identified as Abu Omar were among those killed.
link http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-08/14/c_135596794.htm
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PrinxArthur1(m): 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2016
africaken254:
UPDF soldier
lier!!!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2016
Henry240:

To be honest, at this point, we should just settle in, accept terrorism has come to say in Nigeria, and then, make sure we confine the terrorist threat to Sambisa forest.

This is just the reality. I simply do not know how we can defeat this threat.
abubakar shekau has outlived most alshabaab leaders

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 15, 2016
Deway75:

Deway75 might be new here, however he used to be a regular over at the blog. However it is unfair to base your criticism of our Army based on the submission made by @LTGEN, the subsequent reply by Patches and the individual photographs shared here by dedicated Nigerian posters.

Despite the corruption, which by the way is currently been taken care of by the Buhari administration, it is clear to see that we deploy our assets based primarily on what we need.

Take the Air Force for example, deploys day and night surveillance using manned and unmanned assets. Transfers that data in real-time to Command centers, coordinates are queued into fighter jets who then take out those targets.

The Navy the same thing, our Navy primarily deploys extensive surveillance infrastructure and satellite targeting using RMACS(Regional Maritime Awareness Capability System), Falcon Eye System and a 3rd coordinating system(I can't recall the name). Targets are acquired up to 30NM and Ships are sent in to investigate. Again this applying what we need and not what we want.

Same thing for the Army, which deploys Motorbikes for Recon, operating in a similar fashion to the RDRVs our South-African brethren use, Tactical drones for Squads, Tanks backed by MRAPs, IFV/AFVs and light skin vehicles. Also soon to deploy dedicated Army Scout Helos.

My point is this, across the tri-service the equipment the Nigerian military deploys conforms to the requirements of our military and the specific natures of the threats we as a country face. Or am i lying?

The issues is this, because we do not have a local industry like the South-Africans, yes we have this company building this, and that company building that, but this is not an industry. Especially in land systems there is no uniformity in the systems we deploy, so we have for MRAPs, (CS/VP3, Reva and Caiman), for LAVs( Igirigi, Cobra, Streit), for there's no uniformity. It looks like we are uncoordinated or as you say, "just posing in photos". Hopefully in the coming years things would change.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2016
africaken254:
nigeria soldier
That's a Nigerian soldier.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2016
africaken254:
its being alleged that senior alshabaab leader were among the 30 alshabaab terrorist by a joint america and somali force.there is also rumours that alShabaab emir Ahmad Umar was either killed or captured

uanet.com/english/2016-08/14/c_135596794.htm[/url]

I saw this report on SOFREP. The thing is Shabaab aren't significantly weaker as a group. yes, they've lost significant territories but they still control large swats of Somalia.

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: NTSA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.