Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,668 members, 7,862,054 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:37 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6031651 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
nemesis2u:

mainly economics and hi hello visits

and Chinese submarines in Indian ocean no big deal mostly media hyped, they are mainly here for aggressive diplomatic missions grin or maybe hydro-graphic mapping missions or maybe boost the confidence of the pa****nis .

first line of defense in Indian ocean is US navy so no sweat grin Indians don't even figure, almost zero capability.

of what benefit has the american naval power being to the Philippine,economic growth goes in tandem with military power .seriously who goes on anti-piracy patrol with a submarine
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 8:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
africaken254:
this is a new multi-polar world ,south china sea is too hot for china.you have japan,vietnam,korea and India to contend with.also what is the reason for you needing a base in Djibouti !

USA and Japan is there.what reason?
they could play some trick,as that is the main trade-road for China to the middle east.
France also has base there,though it may have nothing to do with China.
Diplomatic words"anti-pivates".
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2016
nemesis2u:

forced ? grin
bad boy, you need to be more diplomatic in selecting words grin
ok lets say sweat talked grin ,rumour were they were about to acquire JF-17 ,then suddenly it was claimed the deal was cancelled.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2016
Nigerian AFSF commandos at the range

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2016
members of the somalia elite Danab ("Lightning") Commandos,during graduation

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
Nigerian Navy foils attack on a British-flagged freighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78NYUxM6W_Y
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
chinese8107:

they could play some trick,as that is the main trade-road for China to the middle east.
France also has base there,though it may have nothing to do with China.
Diplomatic words"anti-pivates".
you have the right to pursue like any other military power on earth,to safe guard your trade routes and markets
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
U.S. Secretary of State to visit Kenya, Nigeria & Saudi Arabia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZkNfoiYs_M
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 20, 2016
africaken254:
of what benefit has the american naval power being to the Philippine,economic growth goes in tandem with military power .seriously who goes on anti-piracy patrol with a submarine

Chinese submarines have mostly been confined to their bases or to the vicinity of their bases, their submarines had issues which made long distance patrol unfeasible.

the Chinese submarine which came to Indian ocean was accompanied by a submarine support ship, whatever excuse they gave for the mission it does not matter, but interestingly the important goal was to operationally test their nuclear submarines capabilities/suitability for long distance patrol plus draw up experience for long distance mission.

another mission was to gauge the response of the Indians when the nuclear sub anchored in a naval base in sri Lanka.

personally i don't support American policies, but American naval power is playing a stabilizing role in south china sea, if not for them china would have rough shod all the neighboring countries, which it nevertheless does now and then grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
chinese8107:

for DIVERSITY grin grin grin grin

and the credit for the above answer by me goes to my mentor henry240 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 9:22pm On Aug 20, 2016
nemesis2u:

personally i don't support American policies, but American naval power is playing a stabilizing role in south china sea, if not for them china would have rough shod all the neighboring countries, which it nevertheless does now and then grin grin grin

I don't think it would have rough shod all neighboring countries, not necessarily, not capable. If you count these countries and make assessment.All big names.Even the Soviet Union at it's peak cannot rough shod all neighbors.

It's USA want to block and weakening China,just as they did for Soviet Union.USA is trying to interupt Asia by creating more troubles .

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2016
chinese8107:
I don't think so,at least in near future. It's USA want to block and weakening China,just as they did for Soviet Union.

grin grin grin grin

you understand food chain ?

big sized fish (US) try to feed on -> medium sized fish (china) try to feed on -> small sized fish (Taiwan , Vietnam , Philippines etc)

chinese8107:
USA is trying to destablelizing SCS by creating more troubles .

grin grin grin grin

same as china also destabilizing Indian ocean by creating more troubles
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2016
nemesis2u:

grin grin grin grin

you understand food chain ?

big sized fish (US) try to feed on -> medium sized fish (china) try to feed on -> small sized fish (Taiwan , Vietnam , Philippines etc)

grin grin grin grin

same as china also destabilizing Indian ocean by creating more troubles
Food Chains ?Yes. The same as India big size fish,> small size fish(Sikkim,Sri-lanka,pakistan,bangladesh)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
Libyan forces suffer casualties as fighting continues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBGpC9yge34
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 20, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Nigerian AFSF commandos at the range

Wow!!!

This is the very first time i'm seeing a Nigerian soldier carrying a Carbine with a mixed colour code. Our rifles are usually as they are, pretty much standard colour coating.

I always get jealous when i see Russian FSB in particular with their tricked out AK-105s. The Americans, Poles, Germans and French are also guilty of camouflaging rifles.

Beautiful rifle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
Henry240:

Wow!!!

This is the very first time i'm seeing a Nigerian soldier carrying a Carbine with a mixed colour code. Our rifles are usually as they are, pretty much standard colour coating.

I always get jealous when i see Russian FSB in particular with their tricked out AK-105s. The Americans, Poles, Germans and French are also guilty of camouflaging rifles.

Beautiful rifle.
These rifles that have mixed colour skins have been around for a while, I spotted the first one in May.
Russian FSB and MVD operators are well known for having those pimped out rifles.

Pic 2 Russian special forces in Syria
Pic 3 Russian MVD operator

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

These rifles that have mixed colour skins have been around for a while, I spotted the first one in May.
Russian FSB and MVD operators are well known for having those pimped out rifles.

Pic 2 Russian special forces in Syria
Pic 3 Russian MVD operator

This is the first time i'm spotting one. I never knew we have them, up until now. Beautiful.

What i'm searching for next, sounds trivial, however it's the half mask, balaclava. The Australians in Afghanistan wear them a lot. I also saw a South-African commando in wearing one in the DRC.

I've not yet spotted that balaclava in Nigerian military service.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
Henry240:

This is the first time i'm spotting one. I never knew we have them, up until now. Beautiful.

What i'm searching for next, sounds trivial, however it's the half mask, balaclava. The Australians in Afghanistan wear them a lot. I also saw a South-African commando in wearing one in the DRC.

I've not yet spotted that balaclava in Nigerian military service.

Balaclava full battlefield, you have not been searching hard enough, even mask.
I think they are pretty badass though.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
Angolan Mi-171SH combat-transport Helos, I hope these haven't been posted here already.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 20, 2016
Continuation..
is that an ATGM on the far left and if yes, what type ?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 21, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

Balaclava full battlefield, you have not been searching hard enough, even mask.
I think they are pretty badass though.

Apparently, i've not even searched as it seems. Those are the particular types of Balaclavas i've been searching for.

The half face type and the "grim reaper" type.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 4:51am On Aug 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 5:00am On Aug 21, 2016
africaken254:
they should try mounting alpha jets with B-8 rocket pod,during the afghan war USSR pilots urged the upgrade to the 80 mm S-8 rocket due to the poor performance of 55 mm S-5M rocket https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-5_rocket
I doubt Nigeria has a flutter flight test aircraft or an excitation system to support WI(Weapons integration).

So new weapons stores like I said are of systems previously integrated on the aircraft type to reduce risks.

On the Southern tip of Africa the 68mm SNEB rockets were found to be less effective compared to 70mm fin folding Belgian rockets.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 5:18am On Aug 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 9:39am On Aug 21, 2016
FG imports Russian war helicopters, UAVs from Dubai

The Federal Government is making a comprehensive arrangement to respond to the attacks on oil installations in the Niger Delta region through the importation of sophisticated military hardware.

A top military source said on Saturday that the Defence authorities had completed arrangements to bring in latest Unmanned Aerial Vehicles to boost the planned military operation in the oil-rich region.

It was gathered that the Federal Government has ordered for the Yahbon/20UAVs from Dubai, the United Arab Emirates.

It was further learnt that the Yahbon/20UAVs were being procured to replace the Chinese CH-3A UAV in the arsenal of the military.

It was stated that the military would rely heavily on the Yahbon/20 UAV which carries four missiles on its wings for the success of the planned operation.

Investigation revealed that some of the new UAVs are billed to arrive the country November, 2016 while the others are expected next year.

It was further learnt that the Federal Government is also purchasing MI35M helicopters from Russia to prepare the Nigerian Air Force to monitor and combat those behind the destruction of oil and gas installations in the Niger Delta.

The MI35M is the latest and more sophisticated version of the MI35 which is one of the attack helicopters of the NAF.

The source said that three of the MI35M attack helicopters are expected to come into the country from Russia in November.

It was learnt that the Defence authorities made an arrangement with the Russians to purchase 15 of the modern attack helicopters for the planned aerial operation in the South-South.

It was gathered that the Russians had also trained 33 personnel of the Nigerian Air Force on how to fly and handle the ‘all-weather helicopters’ which could operate night and day.

It was learnt that those who went for the training in Russia arrived in the country three weeks ago.

It was also learnt that the acceptance flight for the helicopters was carried out late July.

The source said, “The Federal Government is not sleeping over the attacks on oil installations in the Niger Delta. Comprehensive steps are being taken on this disturbing development.

“The government is importing the Yahbon/20 UAV from Dubai. The unique thing about this drone is that it carries four missiles on its wings and it is quite effective. Very soon, Nigerians would see the difference.

“The latest drone will replace the Chinese CH-3A UAV which was found to be problematic in some ways. Apart from that, the military is also acquiring MI35M from the Russians. This is the latest version of the MI35 being used by the NAF.

“The difference is that this particular one is more sophisticated, it is all-weather and it has night capability which means that it can operate both day and night.

“Three of them will arrive the country in November this year; the plan is to bring the remaining 12 over the years.

“Some of the personnel of the NAF who went for the training on the use of the aircraft returned to the country three weeks ago. Also, the acceptance flight was done three weeks ago.”

When our correspondent contacted the Acting Director, Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar, for his comment on the story, he said that he did not have any information on the purchase of the military hardware.

“I don’t have that information,” he said.

Also, the Director of Information and Public Relations of the Nigerian Air Force, Group. Capt. Ayodeje Famuyiwa, said that while there were plans to acquire new platforms in the Air Force, he did not have any such detail.

The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, said while commissioning the third weaponised Alpha Jet of the NAF at the 99 Air Combat Training Group, Kainji, Niger State, on Friday, that the planned operation in the Niger Delta would require additional platforms.

He said efforts were being made to put together what was required for the planned operation, adding that the exercise would require the acquisition of additional platforms which was at the final stage of planning

“The exercise I am talking about will require additional platforms. They are now in the planning stage, very soon we will conclude that plan,” he said.

http://punchng.com/pipeline-attacks-fg-imports-russian-war-helicopters-uavs-dubai/

http://www.russianhelicopters.aero/en/press/publications/6138.html

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tochex101(m): 10:19am On Aug 21, 2016
rugged7:

The Federal Government is making a comprehensive arrangement to respond to the attacks on oil installations in the Niger Delta region through the importation of sophisticated military hardware.

A top military source said on Saturday that the Defence authorities had completed arrangements to bring in latest Unmanned Aerial Vehicles to boost the planned military operation in the oil-rich region.

It was gathered that the Federal Government has ordered for the Yahbon/20UAVs from Dubai, the United Arab Emirates.

It was further learnt that the Yahbon/20UAVs were being procured to replace the Chinese CH-3A UAV in the arsenal of the military.

It was stated that the military would rely heavily on the Yahbon/20 UAV which carries four missiles on its wings for the success of the planned operation.

Investigation revealed that some of the new UAVs are billed to arrive the country November, 2016 while the others are expected next year.

It was further learnt that the Federal Government is also purchasing MI35M helicopters from Russia to prepare the Nigerian Air Force to monitor and combat those behind the destruction of oil and gas installations in the Niger Delta.

The MI35M is the latest and more sophisticated version of the MI35 which is one of the attack helicopters of the NAF.

The source said that three of the MI35M attack helicopters are expected to come into the country from Russia in November.

It was learnt that the Defence authorities made an arrangement with the Russians to purchase 15 of the modern attack helicopters for the planned aerial operation in the South-South.

It was gathered that the Russians had also trained 33 personnel of the Nigerian Air Force on how to fly and handle the ‘all-weather helicopters’ which could operate night and day.

It was learnt that those who went for the training in Russia arrived in the country three weeks ago.

It was also learnt that the acceptance flight for the helicopters was carried out late July.

The source said, “The Federal Government is not sleeping over the attacks on oil installations in the Niger Delta. Comprehensive steps are being taken on this disturbing development.

“The government is importing the Yahbon/20 UAV from Dubai. The unique thing about this drone is that it carries four missiles on its wings and it is quite effective. Very soon, Nigerians would see the difference.

“The latest drone will replace the Chinese CH-3A UAV which was found to be problematic in some ways. Apart from that, the military is also acquiring MI35M from the Russians. This is the latest version of the MI35 being used by the NAF.

“The difference is that this particular one is more sophisticated, it is all-weather and it has night capability which means that it can operate both day and night.

“Three of them will arrive the country in November this year; the plan is to bring the remaining 12 over the years.

“Some of the personnel of the NAF who went for the training on the use of the aircraft returned to the country three weeks ago. Also, the acceptance flight was done three weeks ago.”

When our correspondent contacted the Acting Director, Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar, for his comment on the story, he said that he did not have any information on the purchase of the military hardware.

“I don’t have that information,” he said.

Also, the Director of Information and Public Relations of the Nigerian Air Force, Group. Capt. Ayodeje Famuyiwa, said that while there were plans to acquire new platforms in the Air Force, he did not have any such detail.

The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, said while commissioning the third weaponised Alpha Jet of the NAF at the 99 Air Combat Training Group, Kainji, Niger State, on Friday, that the planned operation in the Niger Delta would require additional platforms.

He said efforts were being made to put together what was required for the planned operation, adding that the exercise would require the acquisition of additional platforms which was at the final stage of planning

“The exercise I am talking about will require additional platforms. They are now in the planning stage, very soon we will conclude that plan,” he said.

http://punchng.com/pipeline-attacks-fg-imports-russian-war-helicopters-uavs-dubai/

Brilliant!
I was beginning to wonder if I was more concerned about the incessant oil pipeline destruction than this administration. It appears the government has been planning consciously and "silently" behind the scene.
I can't wait for this operation to start as we must deal decisively with this threat.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 10:23am On Aug 21, 2016
Bombing the Niger delta alone will not solve the problem

Saro wiwa was killed, it did not stop it.

It has to be a means to an end.

That end has to be dialogue

Tochex101:

Brilliant!
I was beginning to wonder if I was more concerned about the incessant oil pipeline destruction than this administration. It appears the government has been planning consciously and "silently" behind the scene.
I can't wait for this operation to start as we must deal decisively with this threat.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 21, 2016
rugged7:

When did the Yahbon Flash 20 become an armed. I'm reading for the first time that the Yahbon, the Flash 20 in particular has an armed variant.

It's a decent long endurance MALE UAV, both those wings aren't designed for wing-loading, but for gliding and long endurance patrols.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:38am On Aug 21, 2016
Henry240:

When did the Yahbon Flash 20 become an armed. I'm reading for the first time that the Yahbon, the Flash 20 in particular has an armed variant.

It's a decent long endurance MALE UAV, both those wings aren't designed for wing-loading, but for gliding and long endurance patrols.
Noticed that too. Wondering how it was going to replace the CH3.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 21, 2016
tdayof:

We'll need to ask Punchng.com how an unarmed glider UAV is going to replace an armed CH-3A UCAV.

I'm also reading for the first time that the Yahbon20 has 4 hardpoints, how Punchng came up with this story beats me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 21, 2016
tdayof:

I also find the criticism of the CH-3A UCAV by Punchng.com quite funny. How Punchng came by this conclusion without going through the specifications of the UCAV is bewildering.

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.