Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,777 members, 7,837,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5996992 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
What navy ship is this ? It's seems like it is also being brought back into service

That's an Abeking class patrol boat, same class as NNS Yola and NNS Brass.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
Henry240:

These reporters need shellacking, they keep on, and on, filming and photographing the Top-Brass instead of the equipment they came there to commission.

From the footage, i keep wondering why the Navy even bothered to purchase those arrow boats. You can see them struggling against the boats from Epenal, who were flying.
The purchase of those arrow boats from Sri Lanka in such insignificant numbers for high prices while local companies are offering products that are far much better should be one of the most shady things NN has ever done, there is nothing anyone can tell me to convince me that those boats are better than what proforce is offering!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

The purchase of those arrow boats from Sri Lanka in such insignificant numbers for high prices while local companies are offering products that are far much better should be one of the most shady things NN has ever done, there is nothing anyone can tell me to convince me that those boats are better than what proforce is offering!

This was my exact same sentiment when the news first broke at the time. I remember i made same conclusion. It was a no brainer, still isn't.

The Epenal boats were drowning those Arrows boats in that video.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
Henry240:

The Type-96B was drifting like crazy in the Tank Biathlon competition. I was ecstatic, beautiful Tank. It goes to show how grueling Tank biathlon is.

I noticed for an MBT, the Type-96 is quite small, when compared to the T-72B3.
it has a future in africa,may be in the coming years we will see this tank in conflicts in middle east and africa
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
africaken254:
it has a future in africa,may be in the coming years we will see this tank in conflicts in middle east and africa
The Russian alters the rules , Type96B is required to added some weight,because the Type96B's AT Transmission is more effective

But T-72 has many second hand in Eastern Europe ,Russia,or Ukraine,they would sell at metal dumpling price,still competitive to many low bugget country.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
africaken254:

for algeria the futur will be with T14 armata T90MS for sur

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarksider: 7:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
pacretus:
All your posts are so immature..this isn't a political.discussion.or KG thread.you're simply usesless here.why not move to the joke.romans or political sections where u can be more usefull.

hmmmmm...maybe...but i still bring people to have a rethink...

am i wrong??...i dont know...

i am christian....i think they way i was taught,christian..

you dont have to think like me...butttttttttttt..!! as soon my life get threatend,because of your reckless actions....

i will become christian-crusader!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
chinese8107:

The Russian alters the rules , Type96B is required to added some weight,because the AT transmition is more effective

But T-72 has many second hand in Eastern Europe ,Russia,or Ukraine,they would sell at metal dumpling price,still competitive to many low bugget country.
during the heglig clashes between south sudan and sudan ,the sudan al bashir tank was superior to the south sudan deployed T-72 .claiming several kills,can you tell me which type of tank is the al bashir in china designation.most say its type 96A ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 8:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
africaken254:
during the heglig clashes between south sudan and sudan ,the sudan al bashir tank was superior to the south sudan deployed T-72 .claiming several kills,can you tell me which type of tank is the al bashir in china designation.most say its type 96A ?

I don't know about heglig clashes,though there is one or two pictures online,which looks like the aftermath T-72A/M shot by projectile.
Some uncofirmed report says at least the fire control system is earlier version Type-96's ,though open soures say sudan only have Type-85 II

I also heard the T-72B3M uses the T-90's Transmission

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian navy locally built vessel and boat

- SDBII

- SDBII

- Arrow Boats (Sri-Lanka)

- Epenal Gun Boats, armed with AGL
isn't it about tym Nigeria acquires AGL technology?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarkside: 11:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
Odunayaw:

what the hell is AGL technology??...you people here are far beyond(far ahead) average niegerian ehhhh...i beg,what is AGL technology??..

i dont want to use google...i wonder why you care about it so much...

sorry,i meant far ahead...i was drunk that evening..... grin grin grin grin...sorry....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 19, 2016
Odunayaw:

Apart from Ammo for different "Small & Heavy" weapons, there really is no need for us to manufactures stuffs like Assault weapons, AGL or MGL, HMG et al. We should instead concentrate on the different types of ammo these equipment use.

The market for small arms, AGL is already so saturated with multiple suppliers that we would end up making a terrible loss. Look at France, they are planing on replacing the FAMAS, for the exact same reason i'm giving, they are buying from abroad.

This is my opinion.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 19, 2016
Does Nigeria also fly the CH-4 in addition to the CH-3 UAV?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 19, 2016
somalia national army soldier carry a somali national flag

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 19, 2016
africaken254:
somalia national army soldier carry a somali national flag
and thats the president besides him right? cool pic

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 19, 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 19, 2016
EU training mission in Somalia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNnD_pXe83c
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 19, 2016
denisfidha:
and thats the president besides him right? cool pic
absolutely

somalia national army elite danab commando

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 19, 2016
TERRORISM: ‘Air force expecting 12 attack helicopter gunships from Russia’

Abuja—The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Saddique Abubakar, said yesterday there was urgent need to boost the capacity of Nigerian Air Force to meet its responsibilities.

He spoke against the backdrop of involvement of the Nigerian Air Force in the battle to rid the country of terrorism in the North East and other serious security issues confronting the country, such as Niger Delta militancy. To this end, Abubakar, in an NTA programme, said that NAF would soon take delivery of 12 new Mi-35 attack helicopter gunships fitted with modern facilities to fire guided missiles at enemy positions. Aside the gunships from Russia, he said a new set of fighter jets from the United States of America with ISR facilities would soon be delivered to NAF as soon as the US Congress, which gives approval on manufacture and sale of such hi-tech weaponry, gave its nod.

Commenting on the activities of Boko Haram terrorists and their camps in Sambisa, Air Marshal Abubakar said: “We have degraded the capacity of the Boko Haram terrorist’s group to move around inside the Sambisa forest. ‘’The only problem we are having is that of the terrain. It is a big challenge because the place has been mined and troops cannot just move freely.” Noting, however, that the terrorists had been fleeing the forest because of airforce bombardment, Abubakar said the task was immense.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 19, 2016
Circa 2014, Nigeria signed a large order for the supply of 12 MI-35 Helicopters and 6 MI-17 termintor1Sh.

www.ruaviation.com/news/2014/9/17/2619/?h
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:21am On Aug 19, 2016
Henry240:
Circa 2014, Nigeria signed a large order for the supply of 12 MI-35 Helicopters and 6 MI-17 termintor1Sh.

www.ruaviation.com/news/2014/9/17/2619/?h
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/terrorism-air-force-expecting-12-attack-helicopter-gunships-russia/amp/
He did not talk about the JF-17's. Hope the order is still on?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 8:26am On Aug 19, 2016
@ Henry240
But why didn't he mention JF17 thunder and the quantity we are expecting?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 19, 2016
It is possible this MI-35M helicopter spotted with this Algerian MI-6 Helicopter is for the Nigerian Air Force. I recall posting this same photo a while back.

Only Nigeria and Iraq are ordering MI-35M Helicopters in this particular camo at this time. There's a 50% chance this helicopter is Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 19, 2016
iblawi:
@ Henry240
But why didn't he mention JF17 thunder and the quantity we are expecting?

tdayof:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/terrorism-air-force-expecting-12-attack-helicopter-gunships-russia/amp/

It's in the budget, he had also previously mentioned it. I'm sure he most likely had a lot in his mind to talk about.

He also did not talk about the Yahbon Flash 20 UAV, but the Air Force PRO mentioned that a few weeks back.

The Tucano's if approved would replace the Alpha jet in NAF service, that different from NAF requirement to induct multi-role 4 GEN fighter jets. The F-7s were always a stop-gap replacement.

Infrastructure to house the JF-17s have been built, a total 500 pilots are currently in training to man all new NAF hardware.

If all these orders are executed, what would be left are transport planes. Medium lift transport planes.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 19, 2016
If the Air Force is getting 12 new Helicopters from Russia, would the Army still get anything? The Air Force had previously received 6 - 10 Light Utility Helicopters from NNPC.

We'll have to wait and the see how the year progresses for the Army. Going forward, armed scout helicopters should be appropriate for them in my opinion.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 19, 2016
@Tdayof and @iblawi, the Pakistani Chief of Defence Staff is currently in Nigeria, and he visited our CAS. I'm sure they most have talked about the JF-17s.

So, like we now know, the Pakis are in town, however this isn't the news, the Pakis, Americans, British and Israelis are always in town, in-fact lately the Chinese also.

What is news is, why would the CAS have a model of an aircraft that is not known to be in NAF service in his conference room?

.....Usually, senior chiefs have a replica of an aircraft they have in the country's inventory in their offices. It's a practice done right across the world.

The Nigerian CAS has a replica/model of an armed UAV, a CH-3A in his conference table, as expected. Nothing unusual there.photo 1

However in the preceding photos, we can see a model of a CH-4 UAV, a type not known to be in service. why would the CAS have a model of the CH-4 in his office, except if the CH-4 is in service.

I guess, we can only wait and see if i'm right or wrong.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:35am On Aug 19, 2016
tdayof:

The JF -17 is a done deal.

@henry is these the 2014 order.......?

If it his, why are the MI-17terminatorISh not inclusive.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 19, 2016
In other news, Nigeria, Uganda, Namibia as well as the African Union, would be at AAD 2016.

......."This, Wakeford said, would be the first time Africa as a continent was taking exhibition space at the continent’s largest dedicated aerospace and defence exhibition alongside other national pavilions.
“It’s a milestone for us to have counties such as Nigeria and Uganda, among others, exhibiting alongside the African Union".

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:44am On Aug 19, 2016
Henry240:
@Tdayof and @iblawi, the Pakistani Chief of Defence Staff is currently in Nigeria, and he visited our CAS. I'm sure they most have talked about the JF-17s.

So, like we now know, the Pakis are in town, however this isn't the news, the Pakis, Americans, British and Israelis are always in town, in-fact lately the Chinese also.

What is news is, why would the CAS have a model of an aircraft that is not known to be in NAF service in his conference room?

.....Usually, senior chiefs have a replica of an aircraft they have in the country's inventory in their offices. It's a practice done right across the world.

The Nigerian CAS has a replica/model of an armed UAV, a CH-3A in his conference table, as expected. Nothing unusual there.photo 1

However in the preceding photos, we can see a model of a CH-4 UAV, a type not known to be in service. why would the CAS have a model of the CH-4 in his office, except if the CH-4 is in service.

I guess, we can only wait and see if i'm right or wrong.

@henry u av a sharp and detailed eye, you know av since the picture early these morning but i didn't take notice of them.

Anyway, in the first picture the model of the drone looks like what's in already in our inventory the CH-3A and in the previous pictures on the same table and the the sake conference room the CH-3A UAV iis not there, it's another UAV drone model type.

To me it's seeks like the NAF is hunting for new drone platform's. What happened in that conference room looks like a presentation on drone prototypes, just saying.... shocked
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 19, 2016
bidexiii:

The JF -17 is a done deal.

@henry is these the 2014 order.......?

If it his, why are the MI-17terminatorISh not inclusive.

We have seen the MI-17 terminator1SH been delivered. I'll look for the photo and tag you. Atleast we can confirm 1, delivered.

I don't know if these are from 2014, it remains to be seen. However, I remember asking @Zachary999 if the ordered 6x MI-35M were still coming, to which he affirmed.

As it is, i don't know which orders these are, my only concern is they get delivered on schedule.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 10:08am On Aug 19, 2016
Henry240:

We have seen the MI-17 terminator1SH been delivered. I'll look for the photo and tag you. Atleast we can confirm 1, delivered.

I don't know if these are from 2014, it remains to be seen. However, I remember asking @Zachary999 if the ordered 6x MI-35M were still coming, to which he affirmed.

As it is, i don't know which orders these are, my only concern is they get delivered on schedule.

Okay.

MI-17terminatir1SH that where delivered where 2nd-hand and they where only two of them.

I stand to be correct, am just trying to figure things out. shocked
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 19, 2016
bidexiii:

Okay.

MI-17terminatir1SH that where delivered where 2nd-hand and they where only two of them.

I stand to be correct, am just trying to figure things out. shocked

I don't know either. It's left for the Air Force to make public what they have.

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.