Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,129 members, 7,867,272 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:13 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6040055 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (2855) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
nemesis2u:
r with zero comms it was impossible but i managed a solution with 2 household items.

What country are you talking about?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tochex101(m): 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2016
@nemesis

You just got me excited, care to tell us more.......
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
africaken254:
off topic :@Henry240 your going to love this,meanwhile in saudi arabia grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU7YJZaa3DI

Saudis getting whooped in their own backyard as usual. Do you know 50 Saudi Abrams tanks have been destroyed in Yemen by the Houthis? They(Saudis) recently ordered attrition replacements from the US.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 9:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
Henry240:

The Israeli ops are in a residential area, so minimal resistance, when compared to carrying out raids deep inside Sambisa forest against heavily fortified areas.

The Israeli operations was sleek though, they also hard Air cover from a UCAV. You have any video from US special forces operations in Somalia?

The problem i see with a similar type Nigerian raid is the danger of the Special forces been overwhelmed by superior numbers, what then happens then. Remember the failed French commando missions in Somalia, and the sort of Propaganda Alshaabab had with that French dead soldier's body. I'm sure these are risks Nigerian military planners would have weighed.

Bro, if you remember on of the posts from this guy that first started posting battlefield pics here on nairaland last year and had to stop after minimah ordered soldiers to stop posting such online.(I've forgotten his moniker)

I remember he wrote about a SF forces insertion deep in bh territory at that time the Nigerian army was on the backfoot. He said about 60 or so where inserted, of which they were killed after hours of fighting with no backup and ran out of ammo.

I believe the army must have learnt from that kinda mistake and did proper planning this time for it to have been a successful raid.

Cos there was definitely some ground engagement
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:56pm On Aug 24, 2016
Henry240:

Saudis getting whooped in their own backyard as usual. Do you know 50 Saudi Abrams tanks have been destroyed in Yemen by the Houthis? They(Saudis) recently ordered attrition replacements from the US.
Saudi are a disgrace.

but dat vehicle looks more like a tank destroyer than a tank.

those sets of spoilt kids needs proper military training

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
Tochex101:
@nemesis

You just got me excited, care to tell us more.......

unfortunately i cant disclose more on this particular ops , i am bound by NDA and mostly i don't have access to 99% of the related info .

the idea came from the instructors of the jungle warfare school ,
whose motto is FIGHT THE GUERRILLA LIKE A GUERRILLA

i guess they designed it into FIGHT THE TERRORIST LIKE A TERRORIST

lets share another different incident , there was a requirement among others for designing bobby traps using things generally carried by a terrorist or available in the the environment they operate.
one unusual requirement was to design a bobby trap to take down/disable/scare a helicopter just flying over the tree tops .
the main aim i think was to deter low altitude heliborne insertions into the forested areas.

lets say one was made using a grenade , branches , ropes and cloth pieces.

the whole contraption was placed on a tree top , and when a helicopter hovered above it , the bobby trap got activated and hurled the grenade in close proximity to the helicopter . it was trialed with a dummy grenade and was found workable.

if it was used subsequently i don't know , but would have loved to see it in action grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2016
x
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
TrueHeart365:

Bro, if you remember on of the posts from this guy that first started posting battlefield pics here on nairaland last year and had to stop after minimah ordered soldiers to stop posting such online.(I've forgotten his moniker)

I remember he wrote about a SF forces insertion deep in bh territory at that time the Nigerian army was on the backfoot. He said about 60 or so where inserted, of which they were killed after hours of fighting with no backup and ran out of ammo.

I believe the army must have learnt from that kinda mistake and did proper planning this time for it to have been a successful raid.

I want to believe that you are talking about the one and only SiriusBlack!? i wonder where he is and how he is doing
those were some pretty dark days
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 24, 2016
Henry240:

they made assad forces look like an elite force,the kind of hardware they are loosing on the battle field.top of the range western weaponry is just shocking. Abram tanks with Thermal Optics!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 10:47pm On Aug 24, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

I want to believe that you are talking about the one and only SiriusBlack!? i wonder where he is and how he is doing

yea, siriusblack.

don't know. his pics were nice.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 24, 2016
giles14:
Saudi are a disgrace.

do you know just recently saudi hired its first saudi citizen to be street sweepers and it was headline news in saudi arabia .how do you expect someone born with a silver spoon in his mouth to go and die for his country!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
TrueHeart365:

Siriusblack, i remember he did say that. Even at that time when he was describing, the Army was under-resourced. I still don't see the possibility of the army carrying such a mission now. It would be too risky for the blokes.

The army's statement did also mention HUMINT. There were guys on the ground, but not direct action elements.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
ugandan special forces members armed with 7.62x39 Galil ACE model 32 rifles

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 24, 2016
giles14:
Saudi are a disgrace.
Yeah, Tank destroyer or IFV. The vehicle looks like it's from Patria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 11:40pm On Aug 24, 2016
Back after the long break. Not easy reading pages to pages and threads to threads. You guys are really moving at faster than "Flash" himself. Darkside(or what is your moniker sef), believe me Comedy is your calling. A-Jet taking on F35, even thought it's an " overkill", so now a Copter can do the job. Funny guy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2016
africaken254:
they made assad forces look like an elite force,the kind of hardware they are loosing on the battle field.top of the range western weaponry is just shocking. Abram tanks with Thermal Optics!

Syria is just a giant cluster fvck now. Although, these rebels both in Syria and Yemen are not poorly armed. They are quite heavily armed with mostly Iranian ATGMs(Yemen), and Russian, American & Chinese ATGMs ( Syria).

It still open to a debate how our armies would fare if the terrorists we fight are well armed as the rebels in Syria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 11:46pm On Aug 24, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

I want to believe that you are talking about the one and only SiriusBlack!? [b]i wonder where he is and how he is doing[\b]
he is hale and hearty. Bidexii can attest to this, seems he has a mode of comm with him.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 24, 2016
africaken254:
ugandan special forces members armed with 7.62x39 Galil ACE model 32 rifles

They used to be armed with some Chinese knock off M-4.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 11:57pm On Aug 24, 2016
[quote]
unfortunately i cant disclose more on this particular ops , i am bound by NDA and mostly i don't have access to 99% of the related info .

the idea came from the instructors of the jungle warfare school ,
whose motto is FIGHT THE GUERRILLA LIKE A GUERRILLA

i guess they designed it into FIGHT THE TERRORIST LIKE A TERRORIST[\quote] And you want to tell us you ain't "lachit" from beegeagle blog. Don't tell us it is Coincidental. Typing style and mode of "analysis". Nemesis2u

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 25, 2016
Henry240:

Yeah, Tank destroyer or IFV. The vehicle looks like it's from Patria.
the vehicle in front which looks like it broke its front right axle, are several recent acquired Georgian Didgori Medevacs APC.It seems they can't withstand saudi rough terrain
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 12:02am On Aug 25, 2016
Henry240:

Syria is just a giant cluster fvck now. Although, these rebels both in Syria and Yemen are not poorly armed. They are quite heavily armed with mostly Iranian ATGMs(Yemen), and Russian, American & Chinese ATGMs ( Syria).

It still open to a debate how our armies would fare if the terrorists we fight are well armed as the rebels in Syria.

you'll need strong state backing to have that kind of firepower. unless a world power is fighting a proxy war with us, i don't see that happening.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 25, 2016
africaken254:
the vehicle in front which looks like it broke its axle, are several recent acquired Georgian Didgori Medevacs APC.It seems they can't withstand saudi rough terrain

That's the end of orders for Georgia. "I wonder when Georgia started making APCs?". Their vehicle failed to meet the rigours of the conflict.

What vehicle sped past, Humvee?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 25, 2016
TrueHeart365:

you'll need strong state backing to have that kind of firepower. unless a world power is fighting a proxy war with us, i don't see that happening.

That's why i'm asking, if we can actually sustain that? It's looking like a major risk for us. You have to admit, that risk is a possibility.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 25, 2016
Henry240:

especially if some of those weapons find their way to our countries ,which is inevitable especially those ATGMs .no wonder recently osama son threatened the saudi regime
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 12:20am On Aug 25, 2016
Seems some terror groups are truly tapping into US drone's satellite data link. Read something of that nature years back. Stumbled upon a "must watch" movie few weeks back. You guys gonna love it. (SNIPER: GHOST SHOOTER). That's the title. 2016 released. Bidexii, let's see if you love it.

Below: screenshots

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 25, 2016
africaken254:
especially if some of those weapons find their way to our countries ,which is inevitable especially those ATGMs .no wonder recently osama son threatened the saudi regime

The mere thought of this alone sent massive shivers down my spine, like i heard Nigeria in the distance.

We already have major issues, terrorists with ATGMs in Africa is not even the last thing i want to hear, i don't want to even hear/read it at all.

See how that LAV, that's a Piranha from Canada, cooked off after it was hit.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 25, 2016
x
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:28am On Aug 25, 2016
Henry240:

That's why i'm asking, if we can actually sustain that? It's looking like a major risk for us. You have to admit, that risk is a possibility.

Not a problem - training and discipline will always carry the day.

South Africa held of Russia and Cuban backed rebels for 25 years despite severe sanctions and massive civil unrest on the home front.

There is nothing special about South Africa, it's not impossible for any other country to do the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:42am On Aug 25, 2016
africaken254:
would you dare live your shelter if you knew there was a AC-130 spectre orbiting around ,even if you have your a battalion !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apq74cVYcZM

AC-130 is something really crazy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:44am On Aug 25, 2016
Vikkie14:
Seems some terror groups are truly tapping into US drone's satellite data link. Read something of that nature years back. Stumbled upon a "must watch" movie few weeks back. You guys gonna love it. (SNIPER: GHOST SHOOTER). That's the title. 2016 released. Bidexii, let's see if you love it.

Below: screenshots
Yea. Good movie. watched it weeks ago.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:50am On Aug 25, 2016
giles14:
Saudi are a disgrace.

That was a damn ambush. What were you expecting out there? Return fire while they are still trying to get out of the vehicle? The terrorist had to suppress them with RPG's.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:12am On Aug 25, 2016
Henry240:

That's the end of orders for Georgia. "I wonder when Georgia started making APCs?". Their vehicle failed to meet the rigours of the conflict.

What vehicle sped past, Humvee?
YEA humvee

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (2855) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.