Stats: 3,162,527 members, 7,850,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:18 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6015874 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Proforce defense APC's spotted in Portharcout. I wonder who the customer is, probably NPF

Buy Naija, simple.

Nigeria Police Force Rivers State Command should be the most likely user. Donated to the Police by Rivers State Government.

Lagos state government has some units, Osun state government also bought a couple for the police, Borno state bought some for their police, now Rivers state. F.G that has been negotiating and visiting since 2012, still has bought any for either the Police, Military or Paramilitary services.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sczeska: 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Proforce defense APC's spotted in Portharcout. I wonder who the customer is, probably NPF
The flatbed truck is sitting in front of force headquarters, Moscow road. So yes, it's for the police.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
NighttWalker:
Fvcking love these reconnaissance vehicles, lightly armored but heavily armed, will take mobility over amour anytime any day.

It's not for nothing that our (SA) doctrine is built around mobility cool!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 20, 2016
sczeska:

The flatbed truck is sitting in front of force headquarters, Moscow road. So yes, it's for the police.

You spotted them today?

Are they painted in an all black scheme like the photos suggest?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sczeska: 2:16pm On Sep 20, 2016
Henry240:

You spotted them today?

Are they painted in an all black scheme like the photos suggest?
On Monday, all black like the photos.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2016
Henry240:

.....And that rubbish Jackal cost 1.2 million a unit.

If that's the price, 1 Jackal is worth what Ghana paid for 12 OTT Hunter LSVs!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
frumentius:

If that's the price, 1 Jackal is worth what Ghana paid for 12 OTT Hunter LSVs!

I believe £640,000 is over $1.2 million. Funny, the Jackals used by British Pathfinders kept on breaking-down in Afghanistan.

So Ghana paid 100k a unit for the OTT, that's quiet cheap.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2016
frumentius:

Gee, I don't know. Of all the upgrades Rooivalk needs, I'd think getting into and prosecuting the fight ranks far higher than escaping the fight?
yes you've got a point here sir
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 20, 2016
Nigerian Air Force Regiment

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
SAAF Hawk and Rooivalk at AAD 2016

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2016
i wonder why these somali commandos need so many AGL's
they might as well carry them as side pieces.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 6:59pm On Sep 20, 2016
patches689:

Al Jazeera leaks of South African intelligence documents.
Al Jazeera can leak SA intelligence ? trusted media.I wish they could leak more.SA China US Russia
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 20, 2016
@Gottfried the Army turns 26 this week n it seems like they are planning something big n the Zimbabweans will be attending too grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
chinese8107:

Al Jazeera can leak SA intelligence ? trusted media.I wish they could leak more.SA China US Russia

Dude, stop derailing this thread, or i'll call in the Mods to ban you.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
Henry240:

Buy Naija, simple.

Nigeria Police Force Rivers State Command should be the most likely user. Donated to the Police by Rivers State Government.

Lagos state government has some units, Osun state government also bought a couple for the police, Borno state bought some for their police, now Rivers state. F.G that has been negotiating and visiting since 2012, still has bought any for either the Police, Military or Paramilitary services.
looks like FG is finally coming to its senses, and perforce is in for a good final quarter, can't wait to see the first Ara prototype.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2016
Russia’s arms exporter Rosoboronexport has confirmed that
deliveries of Mil Mi-35M attack helicopters to Nigeria will
resume in November this year, under a follow-on order for
the type awarded in October 2015. This year, Russia is going
to provide two helicopters. The remaining 10 will come
in 2017.
The first mention of this order came last month from Air
Marshal Saddique Abubakar, the Nigerian air force chief of
air staff, as he spoke to the local media. Funding for the
purchase is allocated in the Nigerian budget for 2016.
Nigeria operates about 10 Mi-24/35s including six Mi-35Ms
ordered in 2014.

In addition to the attack rotorcraft, Nigeria acquired six Mi-17s in 2014 and last year placed an order for an unknown number of Mi-17AMTSh models.

www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2016-09-20/nigerian-air-force-orders-more-russian-helicopters

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

looks like FG is finally coming to its senses, and perforce is in for a good final quarter, can't wait to see the first Ara prototype.

From this photo from AAD 2016, if you look at the shelf close to the n"ew PF2 poster", you can see the ARA MRAP, below it is the Proforce UAV, Hilux, then Cash-in-Transit vehicle. I can't tell whether the ARA MRAP on that handout is real or CGI.

The 9 units ordered by FG is rather small. Although with FG there's always a way to rationalise anything with. I was hoping that they would order a minimum of 120 units.

I hope Proforce also develops a proper LAV in the same class as the Streit Spartan MK II, GAZ Tigr. They have the Viper which is similar to the Spartan MK II, but it's still CGI, and no word on development yet. An LAV would complement vehicles such as the Otokar Cobra and Igirigi.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
Henry240:
in 2017.
ordered in 2014.

In addition to the attack rotorcraft, Nigeria acquired six Mi-17s in 2014 and last year placed an order for an unknown number of Mi-17AMTSh models.

www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2016-09-20/nigerian-air-force-orders-more-russian-helicopters
wait wait wait... follow-on order?, have the initial helos ordered in 2014 been delivered ? and it says "resume", have deliveries commenced in the past ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 20, 2016
Proforce defence Viper

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

wait wait wait... follow-on order?, have the initial helos ordered in 2014 been delivered ? and it says "resume", have deliveries commenced in the past ?

I found it confusing myself. I find this whole MI-35M/MI-17 terminator1sh order to be quite confusing.

I have seen photos of the delivery of MI-17 terminator1SH. The MI-17 delivered was from the GEJ order, the 3 units of MI-24V ordered were supposed to be attrition replacements.

I also remember Zachary999 from Beeg's Blog saying the 2 units of MI-35M was a follow-on order from the GEJ order, that is 8 units. So, how come the order grew to 12 MI-35M.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 8:20pm On Sep 20, 2016
Henry240:
Proforce defence Viper

Jesus.It looks world class.not bad comparing to any others in market.

Hope to see the real product quickly.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
Henry240:

I found it confusing myself. I find this whole MI-35M/MI-17 terminator1sh order to be quite confusing.

I have seen photos of the delivery of MI-17 terminator1SH. The MI-17 delivered was from the GEJ order, the 3 units of MI-24V ordered were supposed to be attrition replacements.

I also remember Zachary999 from Beeg's Blog saying the 2 units of MI-35M was a follow-on order from the GEJ order, that is 8 units. So, how come the order grew to 12 MI-35M.
i saw photos of the delivery too but i thought those were from 3rd party, you know, Belarus and the rest.
i guess we'll never know, infact where is zachary ? he was so rare Beegs blog to start with, he could drop by here and shed some light.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
the closest thing to the Ara I've seen on the internet, this is from years ago so obviously for something that is due this year they must have made a lot of progress by now.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

i saw photos of the delivery too but i thought those were from 3rd party, you know, Belarus and the rest.
i guess we'll never know, infact where is zachary ? he was so rare Beegs blog to start with, he could drop by here and shed some light.

Zachary used to be the man. I'm sure he is a top or mid-level NAF personnel. He's the only person apart from the NAF with adequate information to clear this up.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 10:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
Henry240:
in 2017.
ordered in 2014.

www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2016-09-20/nigerian-air-force-orders-more-russian-
helicopters
Nigeria after suffering for Six years of ineptitude leadership at the CDS and NAF level have finally righted the Leadership in terms of the Nigerian Airforce.For Nigeria to acquire these long awaited Helicopters will be a great boost to Morale.
2015/2016 Has seen spanking brand new accommodation for our NAF personnel, the tactical formation of well kitted QRF units,Mr Henry is even arguing about the level of PDMs taking place for our Charlie's and G222 and it is truly beginning to appear the NAF got a General who truly loves Nigeria.
Nigeria has had two Air Marshalls (Dike and Peterin)
She might get a third.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 11:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
Henry240:

79 Composite Group is based in Maiduguri. They only temporarily moved assets from Maiduguri when the base came under attack 2 years ago. They've always been base there.
thanks for the clarification
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:52am On Sep 21, 2016
chinese8107:

Some Western media obfuscate these words “copy ,reverse enginering, imitate.license built.“ to bash china.

IPhone parts is made by different countries and companies,but assembly in China a license built.Other brands other counties can design a similar phone but must not use Iphone parts.Many people say Korean Sumsung is an Iphone copy,but in fact they still have their own patents.

The Humvee case is a little bit imitation,in desigen and concept,or reverse enginering,but still different.

F-35 's case is merely“ borrowing the concept“,China got not even a piece of parts .

No a Chinese company copied the iPhone 6 forcing apple to cease sales in China. Beijing ruled in favour of the Chinese company
https://9to5mac.com/2016/06/17/iphone-copies-chinese-phone

The Humvee is 100% a copy

No, you stole F35 and F22 secrets. The man who helped you has been charged and convicted
https://news.vice.com/article/man-who-sold-f-35-secrets-to-china

This is the tip of the ice berg

Get the fvck out of here you shill. China's 50 cent army has no place on niaraland

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:55am On Sep 21, 2016
chinese8107:

No supprise

The SA follows the western especially US media and policy.

But even US media is cautious fabricating some news.Anserwer me a simply question,do you think CNN is 100% truth,and can be trusted.

But if you want to talk about 'stealing information' , China may not be an expert,eveybody knows wikileaks and Edward Snowden's case.

USA Japan and some Western countries always bashing China and Russia on various issues,as if they are moral.But many contries still follow for various reasons.

50 cents has been added to your accoubt.

Thank you for correcting the record.

Shill.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:01am On Sep 21, 2016
Henry240:
Patches689, Andrewza, Chinese8107, you guys are posting off-topic. Stay on topic or take your discussion elsewhere

Sorry

Sometimes I can't help it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:59am On Sep 21, 2016
Tunisia air force Kiowas OH-58D helicopters

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 5:32am On Sep 21, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 5:56am On Sep 21, 2016
patches689:

No a Chinese company copied the iPhone 6 forcing apple to cease sales in China. Beijing ruled in favour of the Chinese company
https://9to5mac.com/2016/06/17/iphone-copies-chinese-phone

The Humvee is 100% a copy

No, you stole F35 and F22 secrets. The man who helped you has been charged and convicted
https://news.vice.com/article/man-who-sold-f-35-secrets-to-china

This is the tip of the ice berg

Get the fvck out of here you shill. China's 50 cent army has no place on niaraland

in order not to derail this thread may go somewhere else.

https://www.nairaland.com/3220297/technical-discussions-international-military-equipments/34#49539574

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)