Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,002 members, 7,852,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:39 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6018318 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
Henry240:

Lmfao...... It's just tradition chief.gringrin
Not criticising; everyone has their quirks.But it's now become what I look for when I see pics of your brass.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2016
frumentius:

Not criticising; everyone has their quirks.But it's now become what I look for when I see pics of your brass.

I know it's not criticism. Infact, i intentionally shared that photo with plenty walking sticks so you'll comment. I find your general reaction quite hilarious.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2016
We have Air force girls military school in Jos oga sir
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 24, 2016
lionel4power:

obsolete??
seriously guys why do you respond with single words,if we came here to nurture and enlighten each other !?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gees9: 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
frumentius:

https://www.africandefence.net/another-oryx-hit-by-small-arms-fire-in-the-drc/

PICS: An SAAF tradition after 1000 hours flying the Oryx.

The efforts of the Tanzanian and Malawian troops in the FIB are criminally under reported!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
So somebody posted this some threads ago, what's going on here and Who else noticed the Nigerian Air Force personnel ?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
Manning that S.K 40mm AGL

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
So somebody posted this some threads ago, what's going on here and Who else noticed the Nigerian Air Force personnel ?
I noticed it too..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Manning that S.K 40mm AGL
so who's patrolling our seas with all those ships there?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

It's a medical evacuation exercise in a C-130, organized by US Airforce Africa Command for all the Nations in the West-Africa sub-region. It is also an old photo, i'll say 2010, 6 years ago.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 24, 2016
Two police missing after al Shabaab attack base in Kenya'
Two policemen are missing after Somali Islamists attacked a police base in northeastern Kenya early on Thursday, a police spokesman said, the latest in a string of cross-border raids by the al Shabaab militia.

Fighters in two Landcruisers attacked the patrol base "but the officers in the camp managed to repulse them amid (a) fierce exchange of fire," said a statement from police spokesman George Kinoti.

One policeman was wounded and two were missing, he said, adding that one attacker was killed.

Al Shabaab claimed the attack in Kenya's Garissa County.

"We attacked a police station in a small town near Garissa last night," al Shabaab spokesman Sheikh Abdiasis Abu Musab told Reuters by phone.
read more http://www.reuters.com/article/us-kenya-security-idUSKCN11S13X?utm_content=buffer34040&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 4:25pm On Sep 24, 2016
africaken254:
seriously guys why do you respond with single words,if we came here to nurture and enlighten each other !?
notice the question mark (?) sign?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2016
tdayof:

I can count 7 ships docked. I think for an African nation, we have quite a large fleet. Also apart from the donated ships, the oldest ship in our fleet is just 34 years, that's mid-life of the ships. If we can increase serviceability to 85%, that would be fantastic.

It would be nice if we can build proper fighting ships in the Cyclone class (52 meters) to add to our fleet. Armed with surface to air, anti-ship missiles, powerful radar and a 76mm super-rapid gun.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2016
tdayof:

Ships cant be at sea all the time. You only need a few at sea at any one time and some on stand by

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:33pm On Sep 24, 2016
andrewza:

Ships cant be at sea all the time. You only need a few at sea at any one time and some on stand by

I asked due to the amount of ships Nigeria has but henry already clarified that. Remember Nigeria has a busy water and naval assets are not like Airforce that can be deployed withing minutes hence the reason for my question.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:36pm On Sep 24, 2016
Henry240:

I can count 7 ships docked. I think for an African nation, we have quite a large fleet. Also apart from the donated ships, the oldest ship in our fleet is just 34 years, that's mid-life of the ships. If we can increase serviceability to 85%, that would be fantastic.

It would be nice if we can build proper fighting ships in the Cyclone class (52 meters) to add to our fleet. Armed with surface to air, anti-ship missiles, powerful radar and a 76mm super-rapid gun.

Build? Do you think the government is willing to spend up to $5-10 million on R&grin and production on a Nigerian product?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 24, 2016
Drone use in combat in Nigeria's battle-space. The Nigerian military, especially the Air Force use quite a sizeable number of UAVs in combat, mostly in the ISTAR role. However Drone strikes are also common. For the ISTAR role, the Nigerian Air Force use the CH-3A UCAV and Gulma UAV. With the Yahbon Flash 20 due to join NAF fleet. On the ISTAR mission coordinates of BHT is acquired, then relayed in real-time to military fusion center were F-7s or Alpha jets are scrambled to hit BHT positions.

The army not to be left out also use good numbers of small Drones in operation. These UAVs provide the army with on the spot ISR intel, and a larger tactical picture of the AO.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
lionel4power:
notice the question mark (?) sign?
obsolete !! i can assure you no sub sahara africa countries has an efficient and effective capability to penetrate an air defence system which consist of soviet era legancy systems e.g SA-2,SA-3 e.t.c mind you this same soviet era legacy SAM systems are now being upgraded by russia,former easten bloc countries

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 5:49pm On Sep 24, 2016
tdayof:

Build? Do you think the government is willing to spend up to $5-10 million on R&grin and production on a Nigerian product?

5 to 10m USD for a war ship. add some zeros
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 5:52pm On Sep 24, 2016
africaken254:
obsolete !! i can assure you no sub sahara africa countries has an efficient and effective capability to penetrate an air defence system which consist of soviet era legancy systems e.g SA-2,SA-3 e.t.c mind you this same soviet era legacy SAM systems are now being upgraded by russia,former easten bloc countries

Please SAAF did it with legacy air craft. These days those systems will be targets not threats

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 24, 2016
Nigerian Army Drones and Training

Credits: Sidajili

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
The Nigerian Army uses its drones in close collaboration with fielded forces, to identify and target critical enemy assets, including command centers, logistical centers and concentrations of BHT and vehicles.

With the information supplied by drones, Nigerian artillery and firepower becomes ever more lethal.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:16pm On Sep 24, 2016
andrewza:

5 to 10m USD for a war ship. add some zeros
haha yea I know. I'm just trying to let him know our government won't do that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2016
andrewza:

Please SAAF did it with legacy air craft. These days those systems will be targets not threats
with what ! alpha jets,F-5's,F-7,mig-21 e.t.c if you claimed you had again air superiority over angolan airspace why were you not able to bomb luanda or deny the angloans and cubans from launching their air crafts against south african forces.like america did in gulf war 1 !!!??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:48pm On Sep 24, 2016
africaken254:
with what ! alpha jets,F-5's,F-7,mig-21 e.t.c if you claimed you had again air superiority over angolan airspace why were you not able to bomb luanda or deny the angloans and cubans from launching their air crafts against south african forces.like america did in gulf war 1 !!!??

we did not not have air superiority that was not what you asked though you said no air force to penetrate and that we did do.

As for why we did not bomb Luanda, range. All so poltics prevent many attacks. Politics saved many a Russian war ship to

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
africaken254:
andrewza:

Andrew, I have learned by now that africaken assumes all African countries can't do something, simply because Kenya can not.
Watch him change the subject when he realises the SAAF penetrated these systems in Angola.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 7:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
andrewza:

SAAF had a complege SA-8 SAM system. Which was utilized for training purposes in the 90s and early 20s.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2016
Henry240:
The Nigerian Army uses its drones in close collaboration with fielded forces, to identify and target critical enemy assets, including command centers, logistical centers and concentrations of BHT and vehicles.

With the information supplied by drones, Nigerian artillery and firepower becomes ever more lethal.

Yes, yes but far more interesting:
1) At what rank does one start carrying a walking stick?
2) Do they come in different designs to delineate rank?
3) What's the annual budget for them?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:18pm On Sep 24, 2016
Nice work from Sunday idajili.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
andrewza:

we did not not have air superiority that was not what you asked though you said no air force to penetrate and that we did do.

As for why we did not bomb Luanda, range. All so poltics prevent many attacks. Politics saved many a Russian war ship to
SA-3 is static ,so you could have easily being provided ,their locations by the C.I.A using satellite photos,UNITA and your recce units operation behind enemy lines
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 7:38pm On Sep 24, 2016
africaken254:
SA-3 is static ,so you could have easily being provided ,their locations by the C.I.A using satellite photos,UNITA and your recce units operation behind enemy lines

Your point? And yes we knew where the static Air defence was
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.