Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,463 members, 7,861,337 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:08 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6030234 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
Henry240:

We paid $1million a unit for each of our UCAVs. That's $5 million for 5 units, offcourse that number doesn't include the funds we paid for the AR-1 Precision Guided Munitions(PGM).

For the Yahbon Flash 20, i don't know how much they cost, but i suspect we would also get 5 units.

Talking about UAVs in Nigerian military service, it is unfortunate the level of ignorance coming out of East-Africa. On the tactical drones used by the army, i came across this retarrded comment on twitter.

"Useful armies are using drones the size of trucks Nigeria is playing.."

Also on the Gulma drone.

The Nigerian army uses small tactical drones in close collaboration with fielded forces, to identify and target critical enemy assets, including command centers,
logistical centers and concentrations of troops and vehicles.

On the Gulma drone, the Chief of Air Staff, while receiving the Comptroller General of the Nigerian Immigration Service stated categorically.

"The CAS(Air Mshl Abubakar) stated that
the NAF is in a position to partner with NIS for its UAV
operation since the NAF has successfully designed and
produced 5 versions of the GULMA UAV, as well as
been able to operationalise them through collaboration with UAVISION of Portugal."

On the size of Drones, the Nigerian military operates multiple MALE UAVs. Atleast 10 in number (in-service & ordered).

Pictured left: Two Gulma UAVs covered in canopy.
those Gulma UAS not UAV can only operate from a prepared air field and from the inception of the project there has not being any proof of them being used in actual operations.

UPDF troops using RQ-11 Raven UAS during past operation to capture afgooye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li6vDuzBDsA

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:52pm On Sep 30, 2016
Henry240:

You can contact Air headquarters, all your questions would be answered.
Is that an airliner or ....? grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2016
africaken254:
those Gulma UAS not UAV can only operate from a prepared air field and from the inception of the project there has not being any proof of them being used in actual operations.

Explain better.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
tdayof:

Explain better.
to have such a SUAS small unmanned aerial system closer to the battlefield ,you need to either launch by hand,use a Catapult & Bungee Launchers then recovered drone using a net or skyhook recovery system et.c .they are limited by size and line of sight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXl1fD_MY9c
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
africaken254:
to have such a SUAS small unmanned aerial system closer to the battlefield ,you need to either launch by hand,use a Catapult & Bungee Launchers then recovered drone using a net or skyhook recovery system et.c .they are limited by size and line of sight.

I know that. It's your previous post that I do not understand

africaken254:
Do you mean that's the working principle of gulma too? Gulma is being controlled with a radar system and probably data link.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 30, 2016
africaken254:

https://com/watch?v=Li6vDuzBDsA

You mean apart from the explicit comments from the Chief of Air Staff?

The Gulma UAV can be operated from any road. The Ichoku UAV which is hand launched provides another alternative.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
tdayof:
I know that. It's your previous post that I do not understand

Do you mean that's the working principle of gulma too? Gulma is being controlled with a radar system and probably data link.
what i have marked ,what the F@CK are they meant for !reason my friend reason!!use your f@cking thinking capacity and stop acting like we are in kindergarten

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 30, 2016
Henry240:

UAVs.
they can say they have green martians or pink pigs flying but with out actual proof.its just talk

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
the best video that i have seen about the Algerian 12th air wings Sukhoi 30 MKA smiley

start the video from 00:27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15O82s9PbU8
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 30, 2016
Henry240:

The Gulma UAV can be operated from any road. The Ichoku UAV which is hand launched provides another alternative.
did you watch that video i posted !?,did you see any road when they were hand launching that RQ-11 Raven UAS !? Ok show that proof that they can take off from rough terrain ?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 30, 2016
MikeCZA:
Is that an airliner or ....? grin grin

It's an air booking service, they provide services which include first class one way tickets to paradise grin grin.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 30, 2016
africaken254:
they can say they have green martians or pink pigs flying but with out actual proof.its just talk

Under what obligation may i ask?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
africaken254:
did you watch that video i posted !?,did you see any road when they were hand launching that RQ-11 Raven UAS !? Ok show that proof that they can take off from rough terrain ?
u deserve two medals...one for being obstinate and the other incase u lose d first

bring proof they can't take off from rough terrain

hand launched needs...we have the ichoku

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2016
chkil:
the best video that i have seen about the Algerian 12th air wings Sukhoi 30 MKA smiley

start the video from 00:27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15O82s9PbU8

Really nice video.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
africaken254:

Lmao..... I find these comments to be bemusing, and utterly hilarious.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gees9: 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
jln115:

Took the words out of my mouth!!

You both know it being illegal doesn't stop criminals, civilians and the like from accessing uniforms, arms etc from SANDF members through negligence and non-compliance. Just this past week in fact I saw a musician performing in soldier 2000 cap and all

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
Odunayaw:
u deserve two medals...one for being obstinate and the other incase u lose d first

bring proof they can't take off from rough terrain

hand launched needs...we have the ichoku
show me a small size UAS exactly like Gulma that is launched like an ordinary aircraft !,most companies making such UAS launch them using catapult or bungee to save fuel and time to prepare a landing strip for a such UAS. your in a isolated outpost with limited resource,how are you supposed to launch a Gulma UAS !? all the footage i have seen of a Gulma UAS it was taking off from a tarmacked runway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc0pdIcbr6E
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
gees9:

You both know it being illegal doesn't stop criminals, civilians and the like from accessing uniforms, arms etc from SANDF members through negligence and non-compliance. Just this past week in fact I saw a musician performing in soldier 2000 cap and all

No only criminals since wearing it makes you a crimnal
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 8:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
andrewza:

witch civilians? It is a criminal offence in SA for a civilian to wear SANDF uniform.
He is right Bro.

The enforcement of those laws are very weak, because today I saw a woman wearing a Soldier 2000 Cap... On Campus I've seen a guy wearing his uncles Military pants, jacket and sun hat... Every couple of months I see a civilian wearing SANDF uniform.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
Henry240:

Lmao..... I find these comments to be bemusing, and utterly hilarious.

simply state you can't prove that a Gulma UAS can take off from a unprepared air strip !?

Elbit Systems / Hermes 90 UAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH3ztVMzNW8
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
africaken254:
what i have marked ,what the F@CK are they meant for !reason my friend reason!!use your f@cking thinking capacity and stop acting like we are in kindergarten
Stop being vacuous. Your statements do not correlate at all.

africaken254:
I simply asked you to explain better as I find it hard to understand the bullshit you typed up-there. Then you typed this bull shit that has no correlation with the bold words above which I asked you to explain better.

africaken254:

How does this answer my question? Then you replied with an ignorant write up and some dumb pictures of uav tires.

Oh I forgot, you are probably a Swahili speaking guy who lacks the simple knowledge to comprehend simple English. Next time, you don't come at me with the F word.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
africaken254:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li6vDuzBDsA

there is a very big differences in there roles apples and oranges
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
africaken254:
show me a small size UAS exactly like Gulma that is launched like an ordinary aircraft !,most companies making such UAS launch them using catapult or bungee to save fuel and time to prepare a landing strip for a such UAS. your in a isolated outpost with limited resource,how are you supposed to launch a Gulma UAS !? all the footage i have seen of a Gulma UAS it was taking off from a tarmacked runway

hcom/watch?v=bc0pdIcbr6E

I find it quite unfortunate that something you're supposed to know using common sense is proving so difficult. Infact, you don't even need common sense to know that the Gulma is applied differently.

Doctrine. It is not difficult.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
africaken254:

are u not confusing urself already?

now...The gulma is used by the NAF and not NA...in the event of the NAF's Op gama aiki or Op lafiya dole with NA..the gulma takes off from the FOB

on the field of play itself the army has it's quad copters and ichoku drone(which is like the raven)

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 30, 2016
africaken254:
simply state you can't prove that a Gulma UAS can take off from a unprepared air strip !?

Doctrine brother, doctrine.

Doctrine defines how an equipment is applied. This is why you won't see the CH-3A UCAV been launched from the middle of Sambisa forest and small tactical Army drones wont be launched from an airbase in Yola or TAC in Makurdi.

Doctrine.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 8:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
MikeCZA:
You can wear any pattern besides the soldier 2000. Like many associations and rangers do.

No civilians wear uniform.

Don't involve politics.

Uhm yes they do!

When I was in Matric I saw a guy at West Gate Mall walking past 3 police officers while he was wearing a Soldier 2000 Jacket.. Officers didn't do anything, they just looked at him.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:27pm On Sep 30, 2016
Henry240:

Doctrine brother, doctrine.

Doctrine defines how an equipment is applied. This is why you won't see the CH-3A UCAV been launched from the middle of Sambisa forest and small tactical Army drones wont be launched from an airbase in Yola or TAC in Makurdi.

Doctrine.
I don't know if I am disappointed or disgusted at africaken
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
tdayof:

Stop being vacuous. Your statements do not correlate at all.

I simply asked you to explain better as I find it hard to understand the bullshit you typed up-there. Then you typed this bull shit that has no correlation with the bold words above which I asked you to explain better.

How does this answer my question? Then you replied with an ignorant write up and some dumb pictures of uav tires.

Oh I forgot, you are probably a Swahili speaking guy who lacks the simple knowledge to comprehend simple English. Next time, you don't come at me with the F word.
A drone that is controlled by radar .WHAT THE F@CK grin grin grin grin grin it uses data link grin grin grin because the rest uses magical spell.n@gga i was born speaking English ,you cantankerous fool

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
africaken254:

That's why they are not used to be be launched in combat but from a base. If the army needs a catapult or hand throwing version, they can be requested but weight and other things will be considered.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
Centrifude:

Uhm yes they do!

When I was in Matric I saw a guy at West Gate Mall walking past 3 police officers while he was wearing a Soldier 2000 Jacket.. Officers didn't do anything, they just looked at him.

This is why i find the comments made by @Frumentius to be unfortunate.

gees9, Centrifude.... Civilians wearing military cammo is also banned in Nigeria, infact as Nigerians, even celebrities would confirm, you don't want to be caught wearing military cammo. You would be arrested or publicly humiliated.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
gees9:

Live in Potch, home to the School of tactical intelligence, 1 tactical intelligence regiment, 4 Artillery Regiment, Artillery mobile regiment, Regiment De La Ray and Regiment Mooirivier.....and in the 4 years I've been living here, I've not once seen a civilian wearing any sort of SANDF uniform.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 30, 2016
Odunayaw:
I don't know if I am disappointed or disgusted at africaken

I on the other hand find his comments to be hilarious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.