Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,143 members, 7,852,895 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:03 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (724) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6019288 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2016
africaken254:
as long as the extremist wahhabi salafist saudi ideology continue spreading its tentacles in east africa we will continue collaborating even with the Israelis

Tell me one country where the United States av being to settle peace, they rather aggravate things i:e lybia, Mogadishu, afghan, irag...etc the list is endless.

It's high time kenya start handling security issues themselves before ISIS/AL SHABAAB take advantage to start revolting against western presence.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
bidexiii:

Tell me one country where the United States av being to settle peace, they rather aggravate things i:e lybia, Mogadishu, afghan, irag...etc the list is endless.

It's high time kenya start handling security issues themselves before ISIS/AL SHABAAB take advantage to start revolting against western presence.

That's my problem. The Kenyans in the thread seem to be okay with it. I mean, is there even peace in America. If we look at the stats, America is more dangerous than Kenya.

It is not proper for Kenya to be doing joint-ops with the FBI in Kenya. It doesn't sound okay.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 28, 2016
bidexiii:

if you took the time and learned about those fellows ,what they teach their kids and how hate they have on those who are different from them,you wouldn't even be talking.you think america is heavy handed,wait and see what russia has in mind
your questioning about the west ,what about the mass slaughter of black africans by the arab bashir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTVlw26F5Tw
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
bidexiii:

When bin laden conducted his first major attack Against the US in nairobi.. for what happened in m.east..... 200 kenyans died as a result of a building next to the embassy collapsed... what had we done to alqaeda? the only mistake we had was having a US embassy on our soil! we were nothing but collateral damage...

So what do you mean when you say kenya should start handling security issues by themselves? Somali collapsed on its own without anyones help.... were you there when piracy was threathening to collapse the shipping import and export industry along the east african coast? were you there when thousands of refugees were crossing the kenyan border on a daily basis? were you there when aid workers at the refugee camp were bieng kidn.........

The world is not in black and white, things are never that simple, we are the ones who asked for help.... while the idea of collaborating is up for discussion.... no country should choose its friends out of fear of terrorists... (I guess we should also stop teaching western education in north east nigeria because of the whole BH revolt thing...... on that same note we should also stop using western oil companies to pump oil because of the Avengers revolt thing ). You might as well be asking us to just give in to their ideology....... the western presence is hardly ever felt in kenya, and they are certainly not running anyones show here (if they were then they are diong a very poor job).

What kenya needs is a proper comprihensive and innovative way of dealing with radicalisation of its youths...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
Henry240:

That's my problem. The Kenyans in the thread seem to be okay with it. I mean, is there even peace in America. If we look at the stats, America is more dangerous than Kenya.

It is not proper for Kenya to be doing joint-ops with the FBI in Kenya. It doesn't sound okay.
you mean interpol have never done joint ops with nigerian authorities?

Or the nigerian govt has never requested the help of fbi on anything?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/terrorism-u-s-brings-fbi-technical-assistance-support-nigeria/

http://nigeriaworld.com/columnist/laoluakande/082101news.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
Fidha254:
you mean interpol have never done joint ops with nigerian authorities?

Or the nigerian govt has never requested the help of fbi on anything?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/terrorism-u-s-brings-fbi-technical-assistance-support-nigeria/

http://nigeriaworld.com/columnist/laoluakande/082101news.html

You don't see FBI agents carrying guns in Nigerian streets, they aren't even allowed to bear arms.

Neither are they called in to carry out Joint-Ops.

That's beside the point.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2016
Henry240:

after this shootng incident look at what most of this kenya police officers were doing ! no body was in a hurry to block the road nearby in case of a second attack involving a SVBIED ,where was the kenya forensic team!i can easily identify alert DSS agents.providing security to the cordon off area but where are our kenya officers,look at their state of alertness in case of a follow up attack.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2016
africaken254:
there could be a follow up attack,the initial one could be a distraction.those agents with M-4's are likely diplomatic security service agents providing security to FBI agents carry out forensic examination of the attack and his belongings.i dont think it undermines our sovereignty,the success stories between Kenya security apparatus and FBI agents is beyond expectations.they have uncovered bombing plots with vehicles rigged with 300kg of explosive,a suspesious vehicle which kenya police thought was just being driven by some illegal immigrants.with their successes they have to be the prime targets for this terrorists groups

Fidha254

Americans, Europeans, Russians and Chinese always come to this Continent claiming all and be all. When the stats show that countries, especially the U.S is more dangerous than many African countries including Nigeria and Kenya.

The state of Arizona recorded more kidnappings than the entire Niger-Delta region, at the height the insecurity in the region.

However, this is my grouse, allowing westerners carry guns or conduct operations willy-nilly, or whatever "Joint-Ops" fancy name Africaken254 wanna call it is simply not proper. Yes, we have hired Westerners/FBI to assist in investigations, however did that help they provide stop the bombings, NO!!. Every country suffers security challenges, but perception matters. The citizens have to see that their country's security agencies are in charge, and are all and be all when it comes to security in the country.

When the Nigerian government hired STTEP to assist the Nigerian military, it was completely hidden. Infact there is no evidence anywhere that supports the claim we hired STTEP. The Nigerian government hired a Nigerian PMC (Dolphins security), it was the company which went ahead and hired STTEP. This allows for Plausible Denialbility. The government has to show it's citizens that it is in charge, actions, posture and perception has to exhume this fact.

An example, there was this photo of French soldiers arresting a man in CAR. A Nigerian newspaper, Vanguardngr.com mistakenly used that caption in it's publication. The reaction from Nigerians and the government was swift. The editor who published that photo, fired and a full page, front-page apology by Vanguardngr.com

My point is Africans should take charge of their security, no place is safe, not even Norway. Brandishing foreigners with guns in our streets does nothing to improve security, it has never improved security.

A success story between Kenyan Security Officers and the FBI does not exist, it has never existed. Whatever gains have been made by the KDF has entirely been carried out by the KDF.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
Senegal

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
Henry240:

Statistically the US, per capita is about as dangerous as the other OECD nations

It involves the embassy hence the FBI would naturally be involved

This is a very Nigerian mentally you are showing.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
Henry240:

Fidha254

Americans, Europeans, Russians and Chinese always come to this Continent claiming all and be all. When the stats show that countries, especially the U.S is more dangerous than many African countries including Nigeria and Kenya.

The state of Arizona recorded more kidnappings than the entire Niger-Delta region, at the height the insecurity in the region.

However, this is my grouse, allowing westerners carry guns or conduct operations willy-nilly, or whatever "Joint-Ops" fancy name Africaken254 wanna call it is simply not proper. Yes, we have hired Westerners/FBI to assist in investigations, however did that help they provide stop the bombings, NO!!. Every country suffers security challenges, but perception matters. The citizens have to see that their country's security agencies are in charge, and are all and be all when it comes to security in the country.

When the Nigerian government hired STTEP to assist the Nigerian military, it was completely hidden. Infact there is no evidence anywhere that supports the claim we hired STTEP. The Nigerian government hired a Nigerian PMC (Dolphins security), it was the company which went ahead and hired STTEP. This allows for Plausible Denialbility. The government has to show it's citizens that it is in charge, actions, posture and perception has to exhume this fact.

An example, there was this photo of French soldiers arresting a man in CAR. A Nigerian newspaper, Vanguardngr.com mistakenly used that caption in it's publication. The reaction from Nigerians and the government was swift. The editor who published that photo, fired and a full page, front-page apology by Vanguardngr.com

My point is Africans should take charge of their security, no place is safe, not even Norway. Brandishing foreigners with guns in our streets does nothing to improve security, it has never improved security.

A success story between Kenyan Security Officers and the FBI does not exist, it has never existed. Whatever gains have been made by the KDF has entirely been carried out by the KDF.

Nationalist hubris

All I can do is shake my head.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
Bank Robbery in progress. SASP on site

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 28, 2016
africaken254:
after this shootng incident look at what most of this kenya police officers were doing ! no body was in a hurry to block the road nearby in case of a second attack involving a SVBIED ,where was the kenya forensic team!i can easily identify alert DSS agents.providing security to the cordon off area but where are our kenya officers,look at their state of alertness in case of a follow up attack.

Absolute Rubbish! Alert what and what?

I remember the days leading to the Night club shooting in Florida, there was a terror alert and a major travel advisory for RSA. I remember @Centrifude, making a comment that the Americans were worried with South-African security, when they could not guarantee the lives of Americans in America. His comment was fact.

How many people cordon don epp?

The Americans with all their bravado and showmanship are all in full display, relegating the home country's security agencies to play second fiddle. That's all i can see.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 28, 2016
Patchesagain:

Statistically the US, per capita is about as dangerous as the other OECD nations

It involves the embassy hence the FBI would naturally be involved

This is a very Nigerian mentally you are showing.

Rubbish!

How many people are murdered in Detroit, Arizona, Baltimore and Chicago daily.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
Patchesagain:

Nationalist hubris
All I can do is shake my head.
For all i care.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2016
Henry240:

You don't see FBI agents carrying guns in Nigerian streets, they aren't even allowed to bear arms.

Neither are they called in to carry out Joint-Ops.

That's beside the point.
thats just bieng naive....

that wall you see behind them is the first perimeter wall to the US embassy... You also dont see FBI agents in kenya with guns...... When the US embassy in nigeria gets attacked only then can you say that you will never see armed agents at the perimeter wall.... and no FBI agents have been involed in joint ops where they were in some kind of asault using guns... joint investigations have been done before (these joint investigations can lead to a situation where local authorities armed do a raid in some location then the agents would later come in when its all secured to do their thing using fancy equipment). , just like they probably have been done in nigeria...... it is also very likely that fbi/cia run covert missions withoight your knowledge... and their agents most likely carry pistol for protection.... how else will the US be having such kind of infotmation b4 the nigerian govt has
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0TN29W20151204

there are 4 FBI HQs in africa,..in SA,Egypt,Kenya and Nigeria... just because you dont see em doesnt mean they dont exists.....

in kenya that kind of thing of hiding from public eyes wont work... people over hear prefere police to be in charge rather than 'looking in charge', It is the police who sometimes usually anounce that they were unable to conclusively finish a forensic investigation therefore they decided to send samples to FBI or scotland yard for futher analysis... people overhear would rather hear a case was solved rather than excuses from a poorly investigated case

Also the DEA has been runing missiins from Nigeria for years

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 28, 2016
Equatorial-Guinea Navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2016
SAAF Gripen

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 4:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
Henry240:

Fidha254

Ahem. Just curious. Why were the Brits "brandishing guns" all up in them Nigerian streets? Or you just let this slide?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 28, 2016
Fidha254:
thats just bieng naive....

that wall you see behind them is the first perimeter wall to the US embassy... You also dont see FBI agents in kenya with guns...... When the US embassy in nigeria gets attacked only then can you say that you will never see armed agents at the perimeter wall.... and no FBI agents have been involed in joint ops where they were in some kind of asault using guns... joint investigations have been done before, just like they probably have been done in nigeria...... it is also very likely that fbi/cia run covert missions withoight your knowledge... and their agents most likely carry pistol for protection.... how else will the US be having such kind of infotmation b4 the nigerian govt has
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0TN29W20151204

there are 4 FBI HQs in africa,..in SA,Egypt,Kenya and Nigeria... just because you dont see em doesnt mean they dont exists.....

Also the DEA has been runing missiins from Nigeria for years

There has never been any operation involving Nigerians and Americans(on the ground) in Nigeria.

Have the Joint Ops between Kenya and Americans led to a safer Kenya, No. Africaken254 was glotting over the supposed successes of Kenyan-FBI Joint Ops. I'm saying without American joint-ops, the KDF has been largely successful.

There are also Nigerian Intelligence agents in the US. Foreign agents deployed across borders isn't news.

Anyway, Kenya is your country, in Nigeria we don't allow foreigners bear arms or operate as they like especially not with that American arrogance.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
Henry240:

Fidha254

some times you amaze me,your utter completely things you can't even prove.a full paragraph which has absolute nothing to prove you said and then you expect it as it is the holy grail.show us link which show state of Arizona recorded more kidnappings than the entire Niger-Delta region,how many failed alshabaab plots do you know that have uncovered,how many alshabaab terrorist have being arrest or tracked with the help of america. africans security agencies will only take charged when they start doing their jobs with absolutely commitment ,stop issuing announcement which are false about killing terrorist leaders or being able to track kidnapped victims.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2016
ssaengine:

Ahem. Just curious. Why were the Brits "brandishing guns" all up in them Nigerian streets? Or you just let this slide?

British and Italian hostages.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 28, 2016
u guys never heard of liaison ? wink

any attack on a nations embassy brings in the involvement of the guest nations security apparatus , who liaisons with the security apparatus of the home country to identify and plug gaps in security etc. they act in a consultant role and generally dont superseded the home countries authority. they want to be kept in the loop but the degree to which they intervene is dependent on the seriousness of the crime and the nation involved, countries like US Russia China will be little over bearing and to the general public it will look like they r in charge.

as for arms , get into an embassies locker room and u will get a shock of ur life. and what about the safe houses ? grin

and as i said in the other thread , don't point a finger because 3 point right back at u. lipsrsealed

"my country my rules, ur country ur rules" is the best policy in forums to avoid bad feelings and misunderstandings.

just saying and plz dont mind me cry

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
UAE's forward operating base in Libya revealed

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 4:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
Henry240:

British and Italian hostages.

LMAO!!!! grin grin grin

And so what? A hostage is a hostage, whether British, Nigerian or Martian. Your security services would have run the same operation regardless of nationality. Its just a hostage.

"In Nigeria we don't allow foreigners to bear arms or operate as they like especially not with that American arrogance."

So basically..."in Nigeria we don't allow foreigners to bear arms and operate as they like UNTIL those same foreigners twist our arm, and make sure that they're included in operations" grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
africaken254:
some times you amaze me,your utter completely things you can't even prove.a full paragraph which has absolute nothing to prove you said and then you expect it as it is the holy grail.show us link which show state of Arizona recorded more kidnappings than the entire Niger-Delta region,how many failed alshabaab plots do you know that have uncovered,how many alshabaab terrorist have being arrest or tracked with the help of america. africans security agencies will only take charged when they start doing their jobs with absolutely commitment ,stop issuing announcement which are false about killing terrorist leaders or being able to track kidnapped victims.

Do your own research. They are all available online.

I can tell you confidently, Nigerian security has, is and would always be in the firm control of Nigerian security agencies.

It's offensive to have Foreigners operating in Nigeria. I guess cultures are different.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
ssaengine:

LMAO!!!! grin grin grin

And so what? A hostage is a hostage, whether British, Nigerian or Martian. Your security services would have run the same operation regardless of nationality. Its just a hostage.

"In Nigeria we don't allow foreigners to bear arms or operate as they like especially not with that American arrogance."

So basically..."in Nigeria we don't allow foreigners to bear arms and operate as they like UNTIL those same foreigners twist our arm, and make sure that they're included in operations" grin grin

Again, those were British and Italian hostages, and how has been the Nigerian response since then?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2016
Henry240:

I can tell you confidently, Nigerian security has, is and would always be in the firm control of Nigerian security agencies.

It's offensive to have Foreigners operating in Nigeria. I guess cultures are different.
may be its acceptable for you to continue F up every time or may be others hold the lives of their citizens to a much higher value than others.turning boko haram into one of the most deadliest terrorist groups in the world(remember when boko haram was competing with ISIS in monthly body count),i can't consider that as being firmly in control of the safety of Nigerians

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
Henry240:

Again, those were British and Italian hostages, and how has been the Nigerian response since then?

Again...their nationality is irrelevent. It is on Nigerian soil. 100% Nigerian operation. So the British would allow Nigeria to send a special forces unit to London, if a Nigerian was ever caught up in a hostage situation that side? Um...nope! Not never. Not ever.

You were grandstanding over a handfull of armed Americans on Kenyan streets, that time the Brits have sent an entire SF unit during live operations on Nigerian soil.

#CaughtOut

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
sudan

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 4:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
ssaengine:

Again...their nationality is irrelevent. It is on Nigerian soil. 100% Nigerian operation. So the British would allow Nigeria to send a special forces unit to London, if a Nigerian was ever caught up in a hostage situation that side? Um...nope! Not never. Not ever.

You were grandstanding over a handfull of armed Americans on Kenyan streets, that time the Brits have sent an entire SF unit during live operations on Nigerian soil.

#CaughtOut

grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
Henry240:

during the Golden temple stand off in india ,its rumoured the british SAS was involved in advising the India's military how to assault the temple

British military advice was given to the Indian authorities ahead of the 1984 massacre at the Golden Temple in Amritsar, William Hague admitted yesterday.

A Special Air Service (SAS) officer flew to the country and advised India's military leaders ahead of the assault in Amritsar.

But a Government investigation into British involvement in the incident concluded the advice had a 'limited impact' on the operation.

It found the officer's advice was largely ignored and Indira Gandhi’s government instead launched a frontal assault – codenamed Operation Blue Star - which killed 575 and resulted in up to 3,000 deaths from subsequent riots.
read morehttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2552108/British-SAS-officer-DID-advise-Indian-government-ahead-deadly-raid-Golden-Temple-resulted-3-000-deaths.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.