Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:01 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (756) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6035007 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 7:53pm On Nov 13, 2016
Nowadays you cant walk 100m in Nairobi without spoting a camera staring at you all thanks to uncle kamau's integrated urban surveillance system

A video of the comand center (the voice and the sound in the video sounds like one of those realy badly done african movies (no offence) but its a nice video)

(excuse the link,watching on mobile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H5IVEC-RDg&feature=youtu.be

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 8:07pm On Nov 13, 2016
Oga Henry, i remain loyal.
As you said, i forsaw this a long time ago.
It doesn't take a psychic to visualize this. The handwriting was on the wall already.
Only complete dunderheads choose to bury their heads in the ambient halo of a dictator who's "body language" can turn rain into wine.
When you ask them "how", they abuse your mother and say you are not "psychic"..
Any time my name comes up LTGEN & IbnSultaan develop severe hypersensitivity reactions.
KINI big deal ni?
I no send.
Well, be advised, I will continue to tell the truth on this blog, irrespective of who's Ox is gored. I did the same on beegeagle's blog. I'm not about to stop now.
Imagine the man hours wasted and lives that could have been saved in pursuit of this tucano pipe dream.
My constituency is to Nigeria and how she can make progress...Not to an illiterate demi-god who calls me a criminal just because i work abroad.
Once again, i re-iterate, AMERICA is NOT a friend of NIGERIA.
Countries like Sri lanka and Algeria recognized this a long time ago and LOOKED EAST.
Our short sighted maximum dictator is still busy kissing America's ass.

LTGEN:

Please Mr Henry face the facts and not twist them to suit the Story Mr Rugged is not a psychic .We have said repeatedly on this blog that it depends on the US Government where the State Dept and Sen Leahy have final say on any deal and let us not connect any Russian sale to US sales.
This has got nothing to do with the Nigerian Government we said this deal was left than 50% possible due to the Leahy act.Please can we for once stick with the Facts.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 13, 2016
rugged7 park well
Why call my name when am enjoying my fresh nunu to read ur tory be guided .

Certainly the East. N China is our partners military

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2016
T-90 SA MBT algerian army during new exercise 12/11/2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2016
frumentius:

It brought home yet again how expensively the Yanks fight their wars. In the first episode, the 8-man patrol up in the mountains comes under Tali fire. They are out-ranged by PKMs, and no-one thought to carry the Patmor. So they take cover, get on the net and wait for 15 minutes for ordnance to be dropped on the Tali position!

In the 2nd ep, when the base comes under fire, aerial assets -presumably UAVs - can pinpoint the enemy positions, but I didn't see a single mortar launched: MATV-carried TOWs instead. (By the way, Oshkosh can't have been pleased how the MATV performed against the IED).

The joys of being a superpower!

Come now Henry, we can't post links to p.rate...uhmm download sites here.

OFF-TOPIC

So, i watched "Taking fire" again, i noticed that unlike previous American Docuseries, the Americans depended a lot more on their primary and secondary weapons.

Any idea what the screen in the Passengers side of the M-ATV is used for, it looks like some sort of screen for surveillance footage, possibly also with thermal features.

The M-ATVs are usually in,

- 2x vehicles armed with 50 CALs.

- 1 x MK-19 variant (1500 meters range)

- 1 x Tow

Their M4s have a range of 600 meters, that's also very good.

On the M-ATV , the vehicle tries to find a balance between armour and mobility, unlike your regular heavy MRAP. Haven Watched CNN's "28 hours under fire" with Arwa Damon, i kinda understand, and now appreciate the balance Oshkosh are trying to achieve with the M-ATV.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by unknown87: 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
Henry240:
Nigeria Random
lovely pix Henry240. The first pix is a Major from the Nigerian Army Finance Corp that is currently serving at the Army HQ. The second pix; well that guy has come a long way on the job I must say. First of all special forces insignia, paratroops, medal for being part of operation zaman lafia among others. He's probably an officer in the AFSF and the third pix, we should all know that by now cool. How did I do sir?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 13, 2016
unknown87:

lovely pix Henry24. The first pix is a Major from the Nigerian Army Finance Corp that is currently serving at the Army HQ. The second pix; well that guy has come a long way on the job I must say. First of all special forces insignia, paratroops, medal for being part of operation zaman lafia among others. He's probably an officer in the AFSF and the third pix, we should all know that by now cool. How did I do sir?

Brilliant!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by unknown87: 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2016
Henry240:

Brilliant!
Thank you sir.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
Henry240:

OFF-TOPIC

So, i watched "Taking fire" again, i noticed that unlike previous American Docuseries, the Americans depended a lot more on their primary and secondary weapons.

Any idea what the screen in the Passengers side of the M-ATV is used for, it looks like some sort of screen for surveillance footage, possibly also with thermal features.

The M-ATVs are usually in,

- 2x vehicles armed with 50 CALs.

- 1 x MK-19 variant (1500 meters range)

- 1 x Tow

Their M4s have a range of 600 meters, that's also very good.

On the M-ATV , the vehicle tries to find a balance between armour and mobility, unlike your regular heavy MRAP. Haven Watched CNN's "28 hours in combat" with Arwa Damon, i kinda understand, and now appreciate the balance Oshkosh are trying to achieve with the M-ATV.

M-ATVs are installed with a camera towards the rear. The video display offers vertical view of 40° and horizontal field view of 54°. It has an infrared camera core in an LED-equipped tailgate assembly which provides visibility in day and night operations in all types of climate.
I love the M-ATV!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 11:33pm On Nov 13, 2016
rugged7:
Oga Henry, i remain loyal.
As you said, i forsaw this a long time ago.
It doesn't take a psychic to visualize this. The handwriting was on the wall already.
Only complete dunderheads choose to bury their heads in the ambient halo of a dictator who's "body language" can turn rain into wine.
When you ask them "how", they abuse your mother and say you are not "psychic"..
Any time my name comes up LTGEN & IbnSultaan develop severe hypersensitivity reactions.
KINI big deal ni?
I no send.
Well, be advised, I will continue to tell the truth on this blog, irrespective of who's Ox is gored. I did the same on beegeagle's blog. I'm not about to stop now.
Imagine the man hours wasted and lives that could have been saved in pursuit of this tucano pipe dream.
My constituency is to Nigeria and how she can make progress...Not to an illiterate demi-god who calls me a criminal just because i work abroad.
Once again, i re-iterate, AMERICA is NOT a friend of NIGERIA.
Countries like Sri lanka and Algeria recognized this a long time ago and LOOKED EAST.
Our short sighted maximum dictator is still busy kissing America's ass.

and he will continue to do so for as long as it takes. Just to ensure that he can keep paying you Salaries. We trade more with the west and therein lies our security and economic interest. The West created this country. We must therefore find ways to forge better relations with them. Our army is very abusive and we know that. Was at first bank Ribg Road Benin when one tall man dressed in military fatigue carrying horsewhip was assaulting a bank security guy just because he refused to let him in with his bag. The question is, why do our officers go about with horsewhips?
Why are they hostile and abusive to civilians?
What are we putting in place to stop this?
What laws are in place to ensure that officers behave responsibly on duty and outside duty.

SAAF AIRDEFENCE FORMATION

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:28am On Nov 14, 2016
tdayof:

Damn. This is so annoying. What's the next issue now? We should just forget about these American deals for now. Bullshit.

grin in fact am dancing
they shld just channel the money to maybe the l-15..eer the jet is sexy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:48am On Nov 14, 2016
Henry240:

Beautiful video, Beautiful NAF helicopters.
our security agencies make the police look lazy sad grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:29am On Nov 14, 2016
Odunayaw:
our security agencies make the police look lazy sad grin

Lol trust me, the NPF is very effective.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:51am On Nov 14, 2016
tdayof:

Lol trust me, the NPF is very effective.
well..They've saved my family's butt from robbery
I owe them cool
But no cool videos et al grin tongue
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:27am On Nov 14, 2016
Odunayaw:
well..They've saved my family's butt from robbery
I owe them cool
But no cool videos et al grin tongue

Yea.. No cool videos from the NPF. I have experienced some live videos sha grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 2:47am On Nov 14, 2016
Ghana army helping out Beast of no Nation movie

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 2:54am On Nov 14, 2016
Gh

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 3:06am On Nov 14, 2016
GH

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:08am On Nov 14, 2016
Obostone:
Ghana army helping out Beast of no Nation movie
Second picture, is that not a Nigerian emblem?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:16am On Nov 14, 2016
Hope its not a repost

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 7:48am On Nov 14, 2016
tdayof:

Second picture, is that not a Nigerian emblem?
Yes it is. Some of the troops also played the role of Nigerian ECOMOG forces.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 14, 2016
Mig 29 S algerian army

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 14, 2016
ALENIA MC-27J PRETORIAN tested in Algeria (maybe a futur command)

pic took at algerian Boufarik air base 23-09-2016

During the Farnborough Airshow, the Algerian delegation has shown a keen interest for the MC27J

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:38am On Nov 14, 2016
chkil:

During the Farnborough Airshow, the Algerian delegation has shown a keen interest for the MC27J

For such (slow) gunships, I would prefer they're also armed with 76mm cannon loaded with AHEAD ammo. I wouldn't want to drop down to 3km to fire the 30mm cannon, too risky.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 10:14am On Nov 14, 2016
overhypedsteve:
and he will continue to do so for as long as it takes. Just to ensure that he can keep paying you Salaries. We trade more with the west and therein lies our security and economic interest. The West created this country. We must therefore find ways to forge better relations with them. Our army is very abusive and we know that. Was at first bank Ribg Road Benin when one tall man dressed in military fatigue carrying horsewhip was assaulting a bank security guy just because he refused to let him in with his bag. The question is, why do our officers go about with horsewhips?
Why are they hostile and abusive to civilians?
What are we putting in place to stop this?
What laws are in place to ensure that officers behave responsibly on duty and outside duty.

SAAF AIRDEFENCE FORMATION
Gibberish.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 10:47am On Nov 14, 2016
ActivateKruger:

For such (slow) gunships, I would prefer they're also armed with 76mm cannon loaded with AHEAD ammo. I wouldn't want to drop down to 3km to fire the 30mm cannon, too risky.
They won't drop to that altitude.

They are mostly used at night in high risk areas.

They are also armed with PGMs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 11:01am On Nov 14, 2016
MikeCZA:
They won't drop to that altitude.

They are mostly used at night in high risk areas.

Range of the 30mm cannon it's armed with is 3-5km. At that range, it's known that Soviet era AAs can nock it out.... At night, it's own rounds expose it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 11:03am On Nov 14, 2016
@UKinNigeria Thanks to military and diplomatic friends who helped us remember the fallen in #Abuja #lestweforget

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 12:09pm On Nov 14, 2016
Fidha254:
Nowadays you cant walk 100m in Nairobi without spoting a camera staring at you all thanks to uncle kamau's integrated urban surveillance system

A video of the comand center (the voice and the sound in the video sounds like one of those realy badly done african movies (no offence) but its a nice video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H5IVEC-RDg

screenshots

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 12:09pm On Nov 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2016
jteku:
@UKinNigeria Thanks to military and diplomatic friends who helped us remember the fallen in #Abuja #lestweforget
remember fallen heroes my ass.wot did dey do to help us in times of need

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 12:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
Kenya Navy patrol in Lamu

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.