Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,864 members, 7,862,857 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (760) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6033380 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 15, 2016
At a recent visit to the Republic of Korea (ROK), Special Warfare Training Center by Major General Muhoozi Kainerugaba, is the current Commander of the UPDF Special Forces Command.after Uganda Halts Military Cooperation With North Korea,now it continue to build its relationship even militarily with south korea

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 15, 2016
frumentius:

Where's Uhuru's halloween costume? Or does he only play soldier dress-up for foreign heads of state?
tell that to bush and Trump,the vietnam war dodgers (coward) grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 15, 2016
OFF Topic : J-10 aerial Refueling

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 11:40am On Nov 15, 2016
rugged7:
Oga Henry, i remain loyal.
As you said, i forsaw this a long time ago.
It doesn't take a psychic to visualize this. The handwriting was on the wall already.
Only complete dunderheads choose to bury their heads in the ambient halo of a dictator who's "body language" can turn rain into wine.
When you ask them "how", they abuse your mother and say you are not "psychic"..
Any time my name comes up LTGEN & IbnSultaan develop severe hypersensitivity reactions.
KINI big deal ni?
I no send.
Well, be advised, I will continue to tell the truth on this blog, irrespective of who's Ox is gored. I did the same on beegeagle's blog. I'm not about to stop now.
Imagine the man hours wasted and lives that could have been saved in pursuit of this tucano pipe dream.
My constituency is to Nigeria and how she can make progress...Not to an illiterate demi-god who calls me a criminal just because i work abroad.
Once again, i re-iterate, AMERICA is NOT a friend of NIGERIA.
Countries like Sri lanka and Algeria recognized this a long time ago and LOOKED EAST.

Our short sighted maximum dictator is still busy kissing America's ass.

I've said it repeatedly for years at TOT. Almost all world terror is rooted in Western intel;I'm sure even nemesis2u can elaborate how Christian missionaries fund and even train their naxalites,who've established a near de facto caliphate in mineral rich regions. If there are still doubters IDK what to say.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 15, 2016
OFF Topic: watch this movie and see how white rich,elite and privilege cowards in hide when other men go to war,while they jail muhammed ali

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqOz8-Sto1g
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 11:49am On Nov 15, 2016
ActivateKruger:

For such (slow) gunships, I would prefer they're also armed with 76mm cannon loaded with AHEAD ammo. I wouldn't want to drop down to 3km to fire the 30mm cannon, too risky.

The whole gunship concept only works in 3rd and 4th world theatres. Try put a huge slow manouevring platform above any 1st or 2nd world infantry formation and see what happens.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 15, 2016
its seems this days china military attache to kenya never misses any Kenya defense forces functions

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 11:55am On Nov 15, 2016
Fidha254:
Kenya Navy patrol in Lamu

IDK the KN were so casual! You can't see the KA mixing civvie and mil that way. Surprising since the former normally cream the latter at march and shoot. In 09 or 10 they finished a whole 20 mns ahead of the army team at Uaso Ngiro swamp! A KN lost his rifle and lower right arm to a croc.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2016
frumentius:

Where's Uhuru's halloween costume? Or does he only play soldier dress-up for foreign heads of state?

BOOOOO,NIGGA!! Don't diss people!! For real.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2016
I've been thinking,guys;a potential spearhead unit specifically tailored for expeditionary warfare. A hypothetical marine unit for S/W and E Africa based on the MEU. Of course it must have all OWN assets,armour/air and transport including non tactical.

4 M1A1 main battle tank ground
7 to 16 Light Armored Vehicle ground
15 Assault Amphibious Vehicle ground
6 155mm howitzer: M777 ground
8 M252 81mm mortar ground
8 BGM-71 Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missile weapon system ground
8 FGM-148 Javelin anti-tank missile ground
4 to 6 AH-1Z Viper attack helicopters aviation
3 UH-1Y Venom light utility helicopters aviation
12 MV-22A Osprey medium-lift tiltrotor aircraft aviation
4 CH-53E Super Stallion heavy-lift transport helicopters aviation
6 AV-8B Harrier V/STOL light-attack airplanes aviation
2 KC-130 Hercules aerial re-fueler/transport airplanes
Note: usually maintained in the continental United States aviation
2 Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Unit logistics
1 LMT 3000 water purification unit logistics
4 Tractor, Rubber Tire, Articulated Steering logistics
2 TX51-19M Rough Terrain Forklift logistics
3 D7 bulldozer logistics
1 Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement dump truck logistics
4 Mk48 Logistics Vehicle System logistics
7 500 gallon water containers multiple
63 Humvee multiple
30 Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement trucks multiple

Many of you are procurement experts-(HAH!) Remember individual kit costs. Equipment also comes with upkeep factor. Use this

http://nationsdawnofanera.weebly.com/-frigates.html for pricing.

You task is to establish an MEU with 1.5 bn$,with a 10% overbudget allowance and 5 years. Don't forget training costs. Who wants to play?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
kikuyu1:
I've been thinking,guys;a potential spearhead unit specifically tailored for expeditionary warfare. A hypothetical marine unit for S/W and E Africa based on the MEU. Of course it must have all OWN assets,armour/air and transport including non tactical.

8 BGM-71 Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missile weapon system ground
3 D7 bulldozer logistics
63 Humvee multiple

Many of you are procurement experts-(HAH!) Remember individual kit costs. Equipment also comes with upkeep factor. Use this

You task is to establish an MEU with 1.5 bn$,with a 10% overbudget allowance and 5 years. Don't forget training costs. Who wants to play?

Forgot to add. Assume at least 6pct discount for bulk buys. Whatever your air component assume 70 pct flight availability,which is on the higher side not forgetting associated ground equipment eg, tractors,apus, workshop etc. Also single purchase of any weapons system, eg a buk is no good. You must account for training maintenance and or combat loss.
I can see you're bored! You all need a new challenge.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
africaken254:
are you sure !!
LOL calm thy tities.
I was not comparing Morocco to Kenya in any way, i was merely cheering them on and encouraging their development.
By the way the chart you posted is specifically on geothermal, Morocco is focussing on wind and solar energy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JZZbTtLAIc

Vulture UAV, in use with the SANDF for fire-spotting
(the truck deploying is more impressive than the drone shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked)

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
kikuyu1:

BOOOOO,NIGGA!!

what are you? a fvcking ghost?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
kikuyu1:

IDK the KN were so casual! You can't see the KA mixing civvie and mil that way. Surprising since the former normally cream the latter at march and shoot. In 09 or 10 they finished a whole 20 mns ahead of the army team at Uaso Ngiro swamp! A KN lost his rifle and lower right arm to a croc.
why would you want to pit navy against army..ha! ....a swamp is technically still on land, throw them in the ocean,river,or lake the situation would be different
Anyway, about uniform, could have been a routine fitness exercise but since the region is not exactly safe, routine exercise is also a foot patrol
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 15, 2016
patches689:

Breaking news!

1 billion people consume more power than 50 million.

More on this developing story at 11.

(you fvcking idiot)
using coal d@mmy(didn't say they only generate double your output),by the way you dont generate power for the pleasure of your domestic use only

Linda Nabaweesi, the first Ugandan woman to graduate from Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3z2NFom_Yc&feature=share
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 15, 2016
kikuyu1:

3 D7 bulldozer logistics
63 Humvee multiple

with Trump in the white house i dont think any one should commit themselves buying america made weapons.its too risky,Trump is unpredictable
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 15, 2016
Nigerian Air Force brings fresh democracy to Sambisa forest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyioNZIaP2Q

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
Trump has told japan and south korea to acquire nuclear weapons to defend themselves,because america isn't going to continue defending them

A joint military Field Training Exercise for East Africa Community countries has been launched

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwVeT_SrPdk
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2016
Ukraine has confirmed arms exports to Nigeria continued into 2015 with 11 T-72M1 MBT & 12 D-30 Artillery exported
http://www.dsecu.gov.ua/control/uk/publish/article?art_id=49055&cat_id=49054
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
off topic:Kalibr and Onyx cruise missiles engage terrorists' objects in Syria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S6UuH9OnDg&feature=youtu.be

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 5:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2016
Egyptian F-16

Algerian Sukhoi-30 MKA new batch in russia before delivry

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2016
Sudanese soldier "Kombo" Future Soldier System including a QBZ-97 assault rifle

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 15, 2016
The Rwandan Defence Force (RDF) has acquired 155 mm/52-calibre SOLTAM ATMOS 2000 self-propelled howitzers, a photograph released by President Paul Kagame's office on 4 November confirmed.

The image showed a single SOLTAM ATMOS system during a combined-arms fire exercise that was viewed by Kagame at the RDF's Combat Training Centre in Gabiro.

Made by the Israeli company Elbit Systems, the SOLTAM ATMOS is designed for rapid deployment in difficult terrain and incorporates automatic laying and loading systems. However, the RDF's variant might be 4x6 rather than 6x6 vehicles and not fitted with all-terrain tyres.

Rwanda has previously acquired Israeli-made military equipment. Israel told the UN Register of Conventional Arms that it exported five "160 mm launchers" under the 'large calibre artillery systems' category in 2008, an apparent reference to the Israel Military Industries (IMI) Lynx multiple rocket launcher, which can fire rockets of various calibre, including the 160 mm LAR-160.

A Ti-67 Tiran - an Israeli-modified T-54/55 tank with a 105 mm L7-type gun and Blazer explosive reactive armour - has also been seen in Rwanda.

Kagame's website said that Exercise 'Hard Punch' demonstrated how the RDF is integrating various military capabilities as part of an ongoing structural transformation aimed at building an increasingly capable and professional force.

Another photograph taken during the exercise showed soldiers displaying a Narda STS IDA handheld signals direction finder. What appeared to be a vehicle-mounted signals intelligence system could be seen in the background.
read more http://www.janes.com/article/65338/rwanda-exercises-new-atmos-2000-howitzers
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
ActivateKruger:

Agh please, stop playing the victims game.

Henry240 talked about massive investments in Morocco, then you were quickly to add Kenya on the list with 90MW grin

I'm sure you didn't read me mentioning South Africa in any of my posts.... Anyway I no longer want to play.

Think every country (especially regional leaders) has its own ambitions and projects for power infrastructure for th e beterment of its people

Read this: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/18/africa/gallery/kenya-megaprojects/

Kenya currently has 310MW wind firm in develpment in lake turkana which will be the largest wind firm in africa --next year
1000MW coal plant in Lamu ---expected 2018
750MW LPG gas plant in Mombasa to power a planned EPZ hub
a 1000MW thermal downdraft Tower which is in proof of concept phase(its a new technology)
140 Geothermal plant expected 2018
there are very many others which are like 60mw,100MW,40MW.......

These are just some off my head...

There are others like this 2000MW solar power plant to be one of the largest in the world built by an american company https://kenyaenergyfuture./2015/09/28/skypower-2000-mw-solar-photovoltaic-projects-in-kenya/

So like I said, not everyone is sleeping we will get there one day
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
kikuyu1:

The whole gunship concept only works in 3rd and 4th world theatres. Try put a huge slow manouevring platform above any 1st or 2nd world infantry formation and see what happens.
Here

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
uganda people defence air force SU-30MK2 jet low pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttTCvsGvrw4

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
Very beautiful video from 'exercise thunder bolt' at MMIA in Lagos.

The video includes helmet Cam. POV view. Just beautiful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQINP1nmraI

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:47pm On Nov 15, 2016
http://m.engineeringnews.co.za/article/csir-developing-system-to-determine-if-and-where-gunshots-were-fired-2016-11-15/rep_id:4433

Off topic x 5....but with military applications

"The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is building South Africa’s first own developed gunshot detection system. A gunshot detection system aims to provide quick and accurate confirmation of shooting incidents to law enforcement agencies.

The system analyses and identifies the sound, determining range, caliber and direction – for example, a .38 fired 50 m away at a specific set of GPS coordinates."

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
NAF AW-109s temporarily stationed in Abuja for surveillance

(1) (2) (3) ... (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: WebWriter and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.