Stats: 3,166,362 members, 7,864,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (790) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6036108 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2016
@Gottfried
Another training session done with the Para's and Air Force by rtd SANDF Brig Gen Edward George McGill Alexander via Chute Systems

On a side note i think Defence HQ underwent a reorganization as the Chief of Joint Ops is now a two star General while other Chiefs are one stars..perhaps modeling the SANDF Joint Operations Division,with the SF also falling under his direct control

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 26, 2016
DAFF fisheries protection vessel - Ruth First

Image Credit: Doug Drysdale

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:03am On Nov 27, 2016
mynd44
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:57am On Nov 27, 2016
africaken254:
Sudanese army mechanics maintaining UAE Oshkosh M-ATV MRAP's in Yemen
Do you have any picture of your MI-28?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:21am On Nov 27, 2016
tdayof:

Do you have any picture of your MI-28?
i dont have such photos

First photos of an Egyptian MiG-35, 6 aircraft from 46 will be delivered to Egypt in early 2017.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 27, 2016
mynd44 Seun
Please Something darkerthandark is destroying yrs of hardwork

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 27, 2016
JF17 thunder Gun firing
Nigeria Northern Borno is in mine

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:47am On Nov 27, 2016
africaken254:
i dont have such photos

Can't find it online too. But report says you guys operate some mi-28
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 27, 2016
tdayof:

False reporting and Africaken should have told you that, instead of making it seem like the problem is lack of pics.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 8:54am On Nov 27, 2016
tdayof:

They don't.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 9:09am On Nov 27, 2016
frumentius:

False reporting and Africaken should have told you that, instead of making it seem like the problem is lack of pics.

MikeCZA

Thanks guys. cheesy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 27, 2016
frumentius:

the issues has being discussesed so many time and i have always said,we dont have them and i have always state they dont exist.if he had being following this thread he should have known

Indian navy INSDarshak completes Tanga Hydro graphic survey&enters DarEsSalaam. Hosts school children onboard

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 27, 2016
Al-Shabaab: How much of a threat to South Africa?

Less than a week after the US government issued a travel warning for Ethiopia, the East African country’s National Intelligence service claimed to have arrested 25 suspected terrorists during a security operation conducted in its south-west. Government spokesman Shimeles Kemal stated that those detained had been trained by the al-Shabaab militant group in Somalia and were planning a series of attacks in the city of Jimma, located some 300km south west of the capital, Addis Ababa, where the arrests were made. Kemal further stated that “a number of weapons” were also seized during the security sweep.

The incident was by no means unprecedented. Ethiopia has been viewed, and continues to be viewed, as a high-value target by al-Shabaab due to the former’s ongoing involvement in counter-insurgency operations aimed at uprooting the militant group from Somalia. The al-Shabaab threat is also by no means trivial. The extremist group has demonstrated that it possesses both the intent and operational capacity to execute retaliatory strikes against its enemies outside of Somalia’s borders as witnessed by its terrorist attacks with Uganda, Kenya and, most recently, Djibouti. Aware of the ever-present threat, the Ethiopian government continues to prioritise national security and regularly conducts multi-pronged counter-terrorism operations aimed at curtailing the militant group.

Consequently, the Jimma arrests were pretty much par for the Ethiopian course; well, barring one rather interesting development. In a separate communiqué released by the Ethiopia’s Federal Police Joint Anti-Terrorism Taskforce on 5 June, it was claimed that the terrorist cells dismantled in Ethiopia’s south-west were receiving patronage from sponsors other than those based in Somalia. Interestingly enough, one of these sponsors was alleged to be in our very own South Africa.

This would not be first case where Somalia-based Islamist extremists were linked to South Africa. As international media covered various facets of al-Shabaab’s September 2013 attack on the Westgate shopping complex in Nairobi, Kenya, it came to the fore that international fugitive, and suspected al-Shabaab operative, Samantha “White Widow” Lewthwaite had been residing in the Johannesburg suburb of Mayfair for at least two years. Moreover, evidence further indicated that Lewthwaite had entered Kenya on a fraudulent South African passport in 2011 and may have played a role in facilitating the Westgate attack. The incident shone a harsh spotlight on corruption within South Africa’s Home Affairs Department, while also highlighting laxities within the country’s border control agencies. Deficiencies, which some argued, has made South Africa a transit point for various illicit organisations.
read more http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2014-06-12-al-shabaab-how-much-of-a-threat-to-south-africa/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 27, 2016
ammo pouch , clothing ,ammo and AK's from 4 shot dead ashabaab terrorists who were trying sneaking into kenya recently

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 27, 2016
Nigerian navy

Navy exercise at sea.

Navy A109

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:03am On Nov 27, 2016
Oga Henry is back... Hehe cheesy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 27, 2016
GreenandGold:
Oga Henry is back... Hehe cheesy

And I thought he'd come back as Henry360 grin grin grin!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 27, 2016
Hello guys wink wink

For all who showed concern I'm indebted to you, please pardon my leave. It had nothing to do with the guys who were derailing the thread.

Na just sy 9ja matter don tire me. If Nigeria, Africa, but mostly Nigeria (I am first, a Nigerian) don't improve I don't think I can continue posting photos, make man go run other paroles.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 27, 2016
frumentius:

And I thought he'd come back as Henry360 grin grin grin!

@GreenandGold.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 27, 2016
MINUSMA Mali

The world's most dangerous peacekeeping mission.

Niger troops deployed in Mali.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 27, 2016
Nigerian Air Force assets deployed in Sokoto north-west Nigeria.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 27, 2016

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 11:52am On Nov 27, 2016
Henry240:
Hello guys wink wink

For all who showed concern I'm indebted to you, please pardon my leave. It had nothing to do with the guys who were derailing the thread.

Na just sy 9ja matter don tire me. If Nigeria, Africa, but mostly Nigeria (I am first, a Nigerian) don't improve I don't think I can continue posting photos, make man go run other paroles.
To slap you just de hungry me smiley

Welcome back

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force assets deployed in Sokoto north-west Nigeria.

If Nigerian brass goes out into the field and there's not a single walking stick to be seen, did the field visit happen?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 12:16pm On Nov 27, 2016
Henry240, Welcome back. I'm aware you got wind of our plan to extradite you, which prompted you to take the honour's way and return before the plan is hatched.

Just finished discussing with Nemesis, Chinese, Chkl, Patches, Africaken254 and this my Ukraine President "name-alike", Jakeporeshenko on how to forcefully extradite you back.

The plan was that @Chkl will provide one sniper rifle to take down your plane tyres before takeoff while, @Patches and his buddies from SA will effect perimeter defense of the area. @Chinese will provide 3 Armoured Vehicles for transit and a MALE UAV manned by @Nemesis. @Jakeporeshenko and @frumentius are ordered to 'cover @patches mens back' while the "luggage" is being transported back to base while the rest of us will stay back at the base watching everything from the control room manned by @Africaken and @Bidexiii
morrocan navy ships
Pic 1: Damen Interceptor
Pic 2: Sigma class frigate
Pic 3: Lazaga class missile boat

(1) (2) (3) ... (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)