Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5969607 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
DEATHMACHINE:

Airbourne my life,even the birds get jealous

This is a Tactic we need to perfect. Operation serval.... The french in mali used Para-drops a lot against the Enemy. Their special forces units especially in Kidal and Goa used this tactic on multiple occasions in cutting of the enemy.

Operation serval in my opinion is the most up to date and effective manual on how to degrade the enemy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
overhypedsteve:
isnt this unusual.

It is unusual, but not uncommon. There serial numbers would be added at somepoint.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 9:06pm On Jan 11, 2015
giles14:
any idea on its country origin

It's a German made ATGM inspected by Nigerian officials 2005. Not sure if we bought it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
Henry120:

This is a Tactic we need to perfect. Operation serval.... The french in mali used Para-drops a lot against the Enemy. Their special forces units especially in Kidal and Goa used this tactic on multiple occasions in cutting of the enemy.

Operation serval in my opinion is the most up to date and effective manual on how to degrade the enemy.
true talk my brother
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 1:03am On Jan 12, 2015
Henry120:

Lack of Oxygen Mask indicates that this wasn't a High altitude jump, which means it couldn't have been a H-A-L-O or H-A-H-O jump, probably the usual parachute jump, or was it just for show and they didn't want to go all out with the media around?..because we all know how secretive N.A likes to be.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 12, 2015
Centrifude:

Lack of Oxygen Mask indicates that this wasn't a High altitude jump, which means it couldn't have been a H-A-L-O or H-A-H-O jump, probably the usual parachute jump, or was it just for show and they didn't want to go all out with the media around?..because we all know how secretive N.A likes to be.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 6:52am On Jan 12, 2015
[quote author=dakingsman post=29712549][/quote]

Don't you have one that is much more clearer?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 12, 2015
Nigerian Navy

Indonesian navy ship, flanked by Nigerian navy NNS thunder.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 12, 2015
Centrifude:

It isn't a HALO jump. I used to have a Photo of a Nigerian paratrooper with his complete gear which included his oxygen mask, I somehow lost that photo.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 12, 2015
I got hold of a pic of the Citation for the Legion of merit certificate awarded to CDF-Kenya by the US government.Don't know if its a copyright violation..hope I dont get in trouble for this...

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2015
Zimbabwe security team for AFCON

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 13, 2015
NA SF

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 5:11pm On Jan 13, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:
NA SF
Only thing wrong with the pic is no helmet with night vision attached to it and the rusty dane gun
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:15pm On Jan 13, 2015
NighttWalker:
Only thing wrong with the pic is no helmet with night vision attached to it and the rusty damlne gun

also no optics on said gun, and said gun is a full length weapon and not a carbine
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 5:17pm On Jan 13, 2015
NighttWalker:
Only thing wrong with the pic is no helmet with night vision attached to it and the rusty dane gun

Night vision in the day? You play too much video games son.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 5:18pm On Jan 13, 2015
patches689:

also no optics on said gun, and said gun is a full length weapon and not a carbine
Didn't mention optics cuz one can't even be mounted on that rusty dane gun, we really need to work on our SF
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 5:19pm On Jan 13, 2015
patches689:

The only problem is the rifle. Whether with optics or not, it just ain't right.

He can grab an helmet if he's deployed to combat. That's no biggie.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 5:22pm On Jan 13, 2015
stillchris:

Night vision in the day? You play too much video games son.
Dad u forgot the Night vision is on a helmelt and him as a soldier and in a SF unit in a war zone should always have his helmet on when on uniform

The 'dad' was a joke, don't want others to think you're my dad grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 5:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
NighttWalker:
Dad u forgot the Night vision is on a helmelt and him as a soldier and in a SF unit in a war zone should always have his helmet on when on uniform

The 'dad' was a joke, don't want others to think you're my dad grin

lol.. but you still fit be my son wey i born throwey ogrin. just kidding

how do you know he's in a war zone? and no, the NVG is not always attached to the helmet unless the mission specifies it or just for publicity stunt.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 13, 2015
NighttWalker:
yeah
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2015
Random pictures.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by cirmuell(m): 9:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
Till when will NA going to be stuck with AK's?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by celeron40(m): 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
cirmuell:
Till when will NA going to be stuck with AK's?
Nothing wrong withs AKs my broda..the problem is SF troops carrying AKs..Most professional militaries still use the AK as Standard Issue..Besides, we are in the middle of a conflict..changing the AK midway is not advisable..As for SF troops, they undertake high risk all-weather, all- terrain missions both at day and at night..so stripped AKs for them is a big NO..An SF team ambushed by BH needs to have better weapons if it wants to survive the attack..as for the core infantrymen, what the N.A needs is more IFVs and adequate aerial recon assets that can be deployed on company level.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 11:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
Somebody tell me what is wrong with the NA AK(OBJ) produced by DICON ?
Besides it has his own way of sighting targets not just the modern lens on most now-days riffle !
And besides in the heat of battle you would not be able to make use of the sights when enemy r poping frm defferent angles
As someone as rightfully said its just not OK for the special force as a standard issue !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bunnyrug(m): 11:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:
NA SF
die hard commando
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 11:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
bidexiii:
Besides it has his own way of sighting targets not just the modern lens on most now-days riffle !
And besides in the heat of battle you would not be able to make use of the sights when enemy r poping frm defferent angles
As someone as rightfully said its just not OK for the special force as a standard issue !
The OBJ is just a Nigerian version of the AK-47/74.

It doesn't offer any new capabilities, adopting it as new standard rifle for NA would be futile.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:22am On Jan 14, 2015
MikeCZAR:
The OBJ is just a Nigerian version of the AK-47/74.

It doesn't offer any new capabilities, adopting it as new standard rifle for NA would be futile.

What capabilities ...?
That Obj which is the same as the russian/ukraine Ak-47/74 as proven itself in so many battles and its the most rugge,most produced,commercialized and a devastating riFfle !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 6:23am On Jan 14, 2015
bidexiii:
True!
But also in the heat of battle when you are out numbered every bullet has to count. No pray and spray.
Precision is key.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:54am On Jan 14, 2015
M14A1:

True!
But also in the heat of battle when you are out numbered every bullet has to count. No pray and spray.
Precision is key.
Yeap u r right but what u don't understand about all these technology is dat "one. Advantange of mr A is d disadvantage of mr B ! Most of these modern riffle u people crave as a lot of there own disadvantages and short comings ;most of them do jam in muddy or dusty area and as a soldier u do a lot of crawling,dugding bullent and prawning and there gas chambers is d worst and dat is why russian soldiers still use those rusty ak's even during the recent ukraine/crimea conflicts we still see russian soldiers with wooden aks without no red dot sights or the scope sights only few of them use the plastic modern ak's !
My man what makes a soldier dangerous or deadly is not ur weapon its own well u understand ur weapon,well trained and ur killer instinct ur weapon is just an inch advantages
For me I will go for an ak with wooden part any day any time and would not just mind if I av a red-dot for sights ! But what most people don't know is dat ak's av there own sights(rear sights) too, its a metal flap that u raise up in when use and can be raised down

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 10:41am On Jan 14, 2015
bidexiii:

Yeap u r right but what u don't understand about all these technology is dat "one. Advantange of mr A is d disadvantage of mr B ! Most of these modern riffle u people crave as a lot of there own disadvantages and short comings ;most of them do jam in muddy or dusty area and as a soldier u do a lot of crawling,dugding bullent and prawning and there gas chambers is d worst and dat is why russian soldiers still use those rusty ak's even during the recent ukraine/crimea conflicts we still see russian soldiers with wooden aks without no red dot sights or the scope sights only few of them use the plastic modern ak's !
My man what makes a soldier dangerous or deadly is not ur weapon its own well u understand ur weapon,well trained and ur killer instinct ur weapon is just an inch advantages
For me I will go for an ak with wooden part any day any time and would not just mind if I av a red-dot for sights ! But what most people don't know is dat ak's av there own sights(rear sights) too, its a metal flap that u raise up in when use and can be raised down
True!!
But are we really comparing the iron sights on the AK to standard optics on the FN SCAR or TAVOR?
And
Please remind me again the effective firing range of the AK47(OBJ).

Our SF should not be groping AK47 in this era.
I'm not advocating for the AKs to be replaced in our frontline theatres.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 11:02am On Jan 14, 2015
M14A1:

True!!
But are we really comparing the iron sights on the AK to standard optics on the FN SCAR or TAVOR?
And
Please remind me again the effective firing range of the AK47(OBJ).

Our SF should not be groping AK47 in this era.
I'm not advocating for the AKs to be replaced in our frontline theatres.
I know of a airforce soldier friend that died in maiduguri as a result of a tavor riffle so much craved for that jammed; he passed away the second; till today in russia soldiers still go all about with wooden aks without no sight scope.
And even in developed countries not all there soldiers go all about with there riffle with sight scope on it !
Its your man -skilled ,understand ur riffle after all even with scope sights soldiers still miss targets and that same target a soldier without no sights of whatever hits it a bulls eye target ; bro its all about your mask manship "like the briton's would say"

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.