Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5969580 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 11:59am On Jan 14, 2015
bidexiii:

I know of a airforce soldier friend that died in maiduguri as a result of a tavor riffle so much craved for that jammed; he passed away the second; till today in russia soldiers still go all about with wooden aks without no sight scope.
And even in developed countries not all there soldiers go all about with there riffle with sight scope on it !
Its your man -skilled ,understand ur riffle after all even with scope sights soldiers still miss targets and that same target a soldier without no sights of whatever hits it a bulls eye target ; bro its all about your mask manship "like the briton's would say"
Sorry about your friend.

But
You have clearly never fired an old model Ak before and as such you have no idea about the amount of recoil attached to it.

Ak47 and precision should never be used in the same sentence.
A platoon of well trained AK47 wielding soilders
And
A platoon of well trained FN SCAR wielding solders.

Who do you think has an edge over the other?, giving that they are both masters of marksmanship with their separate rifles.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
M14A1:

And

Who do you think has an edge over the other?, giving that they are both masters of marksmanship with their separate rifles.

good question.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 1:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
bidexiii:

What capabilities ...?
That Obj which is the same as the russian/ukraine Ak-47/74 as proven itself in so many battles and its the most rugge,most produced,commercialized and a devastating riFfle !
Yes, why should the NA introduce a new standard rifle that relatively the same with its predecessor.

A new rifle must offer the NA new capabilities, which weren't found in the AK-74/47.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 2:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
M14A1:

Sorry about your friend.

But
You have clearly never fired an old model Ak before and as such you have no idea about the amount of recoil attached to it.

And

Guys we are talking of battle tested assault riffles that as seing battles, battle proven and battle reliability !
Most of these riffles like the belgium FN series, french FAMAS u av to punch like 2 to 3 bullets to eliminate ur enemy, someone as made mention of these on dis thread or familiar thread on the famas issue to the NN and NAF .
Drop it into d water,mud,sand or any unfavourable condition ur ak will be there for you! You dare not try it with other riffle unless u want to meet ur ancestors
On the recoil if u av fired both weapons d deffrence is not significant, its an assault riffle recoil is bound to happen unless if it is not gas operated riffle !
There is a documentary I love watching so much on dstv (2013) on AHC channels (america heroe channels);I so much love these Channel because its about military history,documentary and technology and one of my favourites is combact coutdown; and one of my favourote episode is the 10 best battle proven assault riffles and the aK comes first with over 75 million biilt world wide:what success story can be more than that !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 2:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
Destroyed steyr APC -4K-74A by cameounian forces ! Picture courtsey beegeagles blog !
https://beegeagle./2015/01/14/destroyed-boko-haram-steyr-4k-74a-apc-photographed-at-amchide-cameroon/

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 4:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
1)NA patrols in sambisa forest
2)Passing out parrade of NA recuites .

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 7:06am On Jan 15, 2015
bidexiii:

Guys we are talking of battle tested assault riffles that as seing battles, battle proven and battle reliability !
Most of these riffles like the belgium FN series, french FAMAS u av to punch like 2 to 3 bullets to eliminate ur enemy, someone as made mention of these on dis thread or familiar thread on the famas issue to the NN and NAF .
Drop it into d water,mud,sand or any unfavourable condition ur ak will be there for you! You dare not try it with other riffle unless u want to meet ur ancestors
On the recoil if u av fired both weapons d deffrence is not significant, its an assault riffle recoil is bound to happen unless if it is not gas operated riffle !
There is a documentary I love watching so much on dstv (2013) on AHC channels (america heroe channels);I so much love these Channel because its about military history,documentary and technology and one of my favourites is combact coutdown; and one of my favourote episode is the 10 best battle proven assault riffles and the aK comes first with over 75 million biilt world wide:what success story can be more than that !
So you are saying the Ak47 is ideal for Special forces use and better than any other assault rifle of our time including the HK's and FN's

OK.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:04am On Jan 15, 2015
M14A1:

So you are saying the Ak47 is ideal for Special forces use and better than any other assault rifle of our time including the HK's and FN's

OK.
Why do u like unecessary argument,if u look my first statement about d ak's ; what I said was ak47(obj) is not bad as a standard issue for our infantary I never said for SF !
And am going to quote my first statement for u !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:07am On Jan 15, 2015
bidexiii:
Somebody tell me what is wrong with the NA AK(OBJ) produced by DICON ?
Besides it has his own way of sighting targets not just the modern lens on most now-days riffle !
And besides in the heat of battle you would not be able to make use of the sights when enemy r poping frm defferent angles
As someone as rightfully said its just not OK for the special force as a standard issue !
And that was my first statement !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:19am On Jan 15, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 9:41am On Jan 15, 2015
bidexiii:

And that was my first statement !

M14A1:

True!!
But are we really comparing the iron sights on the AK to standard optics on the FN SCAR or TAVOR?
And
Please remind me again the effective firing range of the AK47(OBJ).

Our SF should not be groping AK47 in this era.
I'm not advocating for the AKs to be replaced in our frontline theatres.
And this was mine, either you skipped or didint read this.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 11:48am On Jan 15, 2015
Ugandan Su-30's

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 12:23pm On Jan 15, 2015
!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2015
gottfried21:
Ugandan Su-30's
Beautiful.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
RIP to men of honour

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2015
gottfried21:
Ugandan Su-30's
I thought by now Uganda would be using those birds to pound millitants with precision targeting deep inside Somalia
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 5:03pm On Jan 15, 2015
gottfried21:
Ugandan Su-30's
Uganda has Such 30's?? Uganda have Such 30's??*?? Omg can someone tell me what the fücking hell the Nigerian Air force is doing with crapy J-7 when countries like Uganda has jets like Su-30, if not for this boko haram insurgency we may probably might not have acquired some military hardware and jets we are expecting, I'm not even happy anymore we are getting J-17 thunders, if Uganda should have Su-30s we should be having jets like F-18 hornet, F-22 raptor, Su-35 and Lockhead Martin (F-35).

I know the US won't even sale us F-16 but I'm trying to show u guys the kind of 4, 4.5 and 5 gen jets should have in our inventory
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2015
Kenya President has launched the first National air ambulance service (cars,helicopeters, fixed winged aircraft)to evacuate security forces wounded in battle. This is part of the continuation of upgrading the national Security services - to include life insuarense schemes for security personell, better housing, better cars, mordern radios with multimedia capability....

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2015
And to think of it we don't evfn have bombers angry if gettinn a bomber will be expensive let them configure or upgrade our Hercules C-130s into bombers or a badass gunship.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2015
NighttWalker:
Uganda has Such 30's Uganda have Such 30's? Omg can someone tell me what the fücking hell the Nigerian Air force is doing with crapy J-7 when countries like Uganda has jets like Su-30, if not for this boko haram insurgency we may probably might not have acquired some military hardware and jets we are expecting, I'm not even happy anymore we are getting J-17 thunders, if Uganda should have Su-30s we should be having jets like F-18 hornet, F-22 raptor, Su-35 and Lockhead Martin (F-35).

I know the US won't even sale us F-16 but I'm trying to show u guys the kind of 4, 4.5 and 5 gen jets should have in our inventory
Chadians operates SU-27 now .... Let's thank God dat we r even going jf-17 its what we need now and we need something immediate to keep BH ass, the SU's r futuristic ans I see NAF going for d SU's soon !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
bidexiii:

Chadians operates SU-27 now .... Let's thank God dat we r even going jf-17 its what we need now and we need something immediate to keep BH ass, the SU's r futuristic ans I see NAF going for d SU's soon !
What about the Mig's, Griffins, Typhoons, Euro fighters?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 15, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Yes, why should the NA introduce a new standard rifle that relatively the same with its predecessor.

A new rifle must offer the NA new capabilities, which weren't found in the AK-74/47.
spot on or new capabilities such as pistol grip etc should be incorporated. overall when you talk of ruggedness and adaptability its the AK.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2015
NighttWalker:
What about the Mig's, Griffins, Typhoons, Euro fighters?
oga na SU sure pass oooooo grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
Nigerian ECOMOG artillery men disembark and prepare for action during the Battle of Freetown II, 10 Jan 1999

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 15, 2015
Nigerian soldier without a flak jacket assaults rebel fortifications in the Battle of Mammy Yoko hotel in Freetown. May 1997. #remembranceday *ng*

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 15, 2015
Badass Nigerian soldier in Sierra Leone in '99 as part of ECOMOG. *

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 12:26am On Jan 16, 2015
DEATHMACHINE:

oga na SU sure pass oooooo grin
I prefer US F series to the Su's

By the way I think the best jet to be used against insurgency is the A-10 thunderbolt, that jet gave devastating blow to the terrorists in Iraq.
A pic of the A-10 thunderbolt, a jet the talibans will never forget

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 16, 2015
President GEJ commissions cenotaph at the Nigerian military cemetery. The cenotaph contains the names of all 300 Nigerian military personnel killed in the line of duty since 2011 - till date.

Additionally the C-in-C also decorated officers and men who have distinguished themselves in battle in the on-going COIN campaign.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 16, 2015
Today (January 15) marks Nigeria's Armed forces remembrance day.

We as a Nation are eternally grateful for immense sacrifice officers and men of the Nigerian military have, and continue to make for our great Nation, Nigeria.

To our fallen heroes, nothing we do can ever repay your supreme sacrifice.

Salutation to our fallen heroes and to our gallant officers/men in the field, kill those boko b@stards the will and hope of a 177 million people are behind you.

"The First World War
* The Second World War
* The Nigerian Civil War

Peace keeping/enforcement operations in

* The Congo
* Tanzania
* Liberia
* Sierra Leone
* Lebanon
* Darfur
* The former Yugoslavia
* Mali

Defensive duties including

* The Bamileke Rebellion
* Chadian Rebels (1982/83)
* The Bakassi Peninsula

Internal Security duties including

* The Tiv Rebellion
* The Western Region Crisis
* The Niger-Delta Crisis (1966)
* The Agbekoya Rebellion
* The Niger Delta Crisis (1992-2009)
* The Boko Haram Insurgency.

Anti-Robbery operations, including:

* Operation Sweep
* Rapid Response Squad
* Operation Yaki
* Operation Messa".

Some of our fallen heroes.

Lieutenant Shittu Kyom Leo

Captain Kennet Onubuah

Major Samuel Jega Kanady

Captain Benjamin toyiring sule

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:06am On Jan 16, 2015
Corporal duke ebosele

Flight lieutenant Oyenka Nwakile

Captain Musa Aliu

Wing Commander Chimda Hedima

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:10am On Jan 16, 2015
Obinna izuala

Lieutenant Mayowa Areago

Captain Ayo Oloruntoba

Captain sani daura salisu

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58