Stats: 3,151,838 members, 7,813,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (992) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5958632 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 26, 2017
NA

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 26, 2017
Uganda People's Defence Force conducting some Voice Procedure, Communications & GPS refresher training for Peace Support Ops in somalia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 12:45pm On Feb 26, 2017
Gentlemen and ladies. Today we kick off the " one thousand pages of friendship celebration " to celebrate 4 years of endless debate and intelligent squabbles between Gents from various races and cultures in this beautiful thread of ours.

as we move on to reach the 1000th page bench mark of this great thread I would like to remind you that we couldn't have achieved this without the occasional squabbles which are consistent with most intellectual discourses where everybody seem to have a chip lodged in their egotistic shoulders and therefore find it hard to submit to the opinion of others. the arguments we have here has in one way or the other added to our well of knowledge on the issues which are raised before us on a daily basis and I believe we have been made better men by our endless conflicts of opinions.

so it is for that reason that we would mark the achievement of the 1000 page bench mark on a very special note.

the 1000 pages of friendship celebration starts from page 991- 1000 and some of the activities to mark this event are:
starting from now:
1. share something that quite unique that you have observed from a fellow contributor here and posts snippets of evidence to prove it (if possible)
2. share and repost or requote some of the best hilarious quotes that you have seen on this thread and explain the circumstances under which it was posted.
3. repost some of your finest posts that you thought would have earned you lots of likes but ended up in a heated debate.
4. this is not a competition, quote your favorites pics ever posted on this thread since inception and explain why you like it.
5. a military poetry competition, write a poem on any of the ongoing military operations in Africa. the one with the highest number of likes wins.
6. tell us something that woukd shock us about yourself e. g it would come as a shock to some of us to know that most of the finest posters have a non military related career in real life. although it won't come as a shock to me if Patches or Nemesis4u confesses that they are single. I think by now most of us already suspect that by the way they gloat of images of female officers.
7. drop mind games like " if you were asked to choose between becoming a General in the US army or becoming a field commander in a rebel force made up of 15000 half naked young female fighters which one of them would you choose?"
8. from here on till we cross the 1000th page mark, I ve taken permissions from Henry240 and he is on board you can derail to the extent that it is a comment made within the confines of our 1000th pages of friendship celebration

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 12:56pm On Feb 26, 2017
Oga Rawswag is suspected to be a member of the Nigerian Armed forces. apart from his contributions in the various security threads here he is also a successful contributor in the literature (where it is even claimed that he have personally authored some short stories), sexuality and family threads of Nairaland. Oga Rawswag have been known to put himself in awkward positions sometimes by creating threads on personal issue in the sexuality and family session on Nairaland and when the thread begin to gain attention he woukd modify the topic and it contents. smiley wink

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2017
andrewza and fynline are the only two oldest commentators on this thread who still maintain their first account and username. others have been banned or deleted for flouting forum rules. even Henry120 have not been an exception.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 1:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
the first attempt at rivalry and derailing this fine thread of our was made by a Ghanaian user called Abrantie who later went missing and was not seen until he appeared online for the last time in 2015 and was never seen again.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 1:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
Andrewza was the first South African to post pictures of South African Armed forces in this thread and he was very accommodative of the opinion of others.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 1:43pm On Feb 26, 2017
Henry240 have posted more pictures of the SANDF more than the posters of South African nationality

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 1:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
Africaken254 have tried unsuccessfully to garner attention for his pro-kenyan topics in other parts of Nairaland but such thread have suffered mainly from a lack of views.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 1:55pm On Feb 26, 2017
Augugust was one of the most consistent contributor to this thread although his first contribution was quite controversial

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
overhypedsteve:
Africaken254 have tried unsuccessfully to garner attention for his pro-kenyan topics in other parts of Nairaland but such thread have suffered mainly from a lack of views.
@overhypedsteve you the kind of individual who make this kind of people claim that Africans have an IQ level of 70(borderline retarded)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxAhwYoZQKU
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 2:22pm On Feb 26, 2017
africaken254:
@overhypedsteve you the kin of individual who this kind of people claim that Africans have an IQ level of 70(borderline retarded)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxAhwYoZQKU
the creators of those videos have a very low IQ. I am surprised you don't know that.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 26, 2017
overhypedsteve:
the creators of those videos have a very low IQ. I am surprised you don't know that.
did i insinuate that i agree with his views!?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 26, 2017
Joint patrols comprising the Malian army and pro-government militia groups have begun in the country's north. The patrols are meant to secure the region and quell violence fueled by islamist militants. The move comes after a suicide attack in January at a military camp, which killed more than 77 people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOMvkfBsYWc
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2017
Pentagon Seeks to Expand Fight Against Extremists in Somalia

WASHINGTON —
The Pentagon wants to expand the military's ability to battle al-Qaida-linked militants in Somalia, potentially putting U.S. forces closer to the fight against a stubborn extremist group that has plotted attacks against America, senior U.S. officials said.

The recommendations sent to the White House would allow U.S special operations forces to increase assistance to the Somali National Army in the struggle against al-Shabab militants in the fragile Horn of Africa nation, the officials said. They said the proposal would give the military greater flexibility to launch airstrikes against extremists that appear to be a threat.

Beefing up the military effort in Somalia fits with President Donald Trump's broader request for a Pentagon plan to accelerate the U.S.-led battle against the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria, and defeat other extremist groups, including al-Qaida and its affiliates.Young Americans a concern

U.S. concerns about al-Shabab escalated in recent years as young Americans from Somali communities traveled to training camps in Somalia, raising fears they might return to the United States and conduct terror attacks.

Somalia was one of the seven predominantly Muslim countries included in Trump's travel ban last month. The executive order has since been suspended by federal courts.

Somalia is “our most perplexing challenge,” Gen. Thomas Waldhauser, the head of U.S. Africa Command, said in an interview with The Associated Press.
read more http://www.voanews.com/a/pentagon-seeks-to-expand-fight-against-extremists-in-somalia/3740355.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 26, 2017
Egypt's Navy Special Operation Brigade

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 26, 2017
Ahmed ghayet, Deputy Minister of national defence, the Algeria people's National Army Chief on a working visit and inspect to the fifth military Constantine.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 26, 2017
Algerian Army Fuchs 2 6x6 Armoured Vehicle

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
Nigerian navy SBS trainees.. the yuurs wielding Colt C-8 might be Ghanaian.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Nigerian navy SBS trainees.. the yuurs wielding M4s might be Ghanaian.

I agree, or rather, the guys in black are Ghanaian. That's a Colt C-8, not an M-4.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 4:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
Vikkie14:
"Impoccicant"

Let even assume they do, they don't have the political and financial clout to sideline Nigeria in Ecowas.

Ecowas is still functioning today because of Nigeria.

Remove Nigeria and everything will come down splattering.

In case of a reduction of Nigeria's dominance, it will simply make the Military "do something" to overcome that challenge.

Nigerians are unique set of people that most times wait for the "thing" to happen before finding solution to it.

If not for BH, the tri-service won't have the coordination and synergy rampant nowadays, which also lead to troops welfare and professionalism.

Same thing for the Navy, if the Militants aint active then, we won't be seeing the reform ongoing.

What i'm saying in essence is that, Nigeria shines its Finest during "hard/Difficult times" because that's when one knows they can Innovate....the ATV and Motorbike are two examples.

They political stability its an monarchie ... Second for the money or goods they have almost 90 % of the world phosphate (if kick the ass of western sahara) so they are going to influence Nigerian politics ...
They have an aggrement with western companies, Nigeria will loose because many product will enter the country without heavy taxes and we will have a situation were foreign product will compit effectvily against national product.
3) is a disgrace, in history this fckng monarchy was a slave master country they even had a black army ...
4) they want to go back AU - and enter Ecowas to pkick sahara oriental away
5) its a very offensive country the mess with ecerybody, Algeria they went to war against western sahara ... Boff I hate this country.
They have a FREMM we dont have to be blind actualy Nigerians influence will decrease.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2017
MINUSMA Mali

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 26, 2017
Henry240:
MINUSMA Mali
whose MRAPs are those ?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
whose MRAPs are those ?

They are for some African country deployed in Mali. The MRAPs are French made.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 26, 2017
Mali

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 26, 2017
Nigerian navy ship

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
SAAF demonstrations during the recent armed forces day event. Hopefully not a repost.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
*PRESS RELEASE*

GENERAL OFFICER COMMANDING 7 DIVISION RECEIVES UK DEFENCE ADVISER

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 5:38pm On Feb 26, 2017
Here's a photo I've actually been curious about for a long time.

The people in the photo are Ugandan UPDF tank technicians. I cannot identify what tank is in the background, though. Most of the photos I've seen of UPDF AMISOM troops show them using only T-55s.

Can anybody help me out with this please? smiley

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
grin cool

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 6:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 26, 2017
Hrmnn:
Here's a photo I've actually been curious about for a long time.

The people in the photo are Ugandan UPDF tank technicians. I cannot identify what tank is in the background, though. Most of the photos I've seen of UPDF AMISOM troops show them using only T-55s.

Can anybody help me out with this please? smiley
T72

(1) (2) (3) ... (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: davefurn and 2 guest(s)