Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk (2658 Views)

Whatsapp Adds Wikipedia Search Engine To Its Latest Feature Updates / Whatsapp Latest Version 2.12.493: Allows To Send/recieve Documents Like PDF,PPT / Nokia Xl Whatsapp Latest Free Solution Arrived Here Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
jmaine: With Nokia working closely with the whatsapp team says a lot . . .

More great features is expected from whatsapp to counter the BBM cross platform planned invasion .

Bros,

Stop following nokia... do not lag behind

www.bgr.com/2013/08/06/bbm-android-samsung-galaxy/

Samsung announces BBM for Android

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by jedisco(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
acidosis™:

hahaha...

I'm not the type that carry android/or any other device for head oga..

Btw, I never mentioned the phone I use..

All I'm saying is, the feature has been on my phone for sometime now..but I didn't back-date anything..

I'm sure there wouldn't be any need for you to back-date yours if you follow the normal route (simply update), rather than backyard runs..
grin

#no carry am for head o...

You don't carry android on your head but you take it upon yourself to insult symbian and WP users over non-issues.
BTW I'm still wondering who used the phrase heavy android machinery'

Seeing you're still finding it difficult to understand, let me bring it down to kindergarten level.

Simply put, updates like this do not roll out to everyone at once. This is not dependent on the OS you use. It usually rolls out to devices in batches to avoid overloading the system.
One way to circumvent this is by forward dating to trick the system into believing the time for your device has reached or by simply waiting for it to get to your device.

If you had been attentive, you would have noticed some people got it yesterday even before the official announcement, some today and maybe some later today or tomorrow.
You see the OS didn't play any part here

P.S. I would advice you to remain in the romance section where you wouldn't have so much problem understanding basic stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by ITbomb(m): 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
I believe it is more of a competition from the rival wechat who had it on their platform since .
What remains now is for whatsapp to give more control over who chat with u and perhaps an alternative login ID different from ur fone number.
For now I'm enjoying the popularity of whatsapp and the better featured wechat together.
When whatsapp begins to carry my conversations over to the pc , I will delete the wechat
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by jmaine: 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2013
acidosis™:

Bros,

Stop following nokia... do not lag behind

www.bgr.com/2013/08/06/bbm-android-samsung-galaxy/

Samsung announces BBM for Android

Lag behind you say . . .i actually belong to the future. . .And my decision to go windows wasn't a mistake cos the experience is chilling, lovely and exciting.

Who cares about BB when whatsapp still has Android,IOS,Symbian,Java,Windows Phone e.t.c covered.

You need to try harder bruv grin
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Osyxcel(m): 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
acidosis™:

windows8 on nokia?

What are the Lumia series running on?
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
jedisco:

You don't carry android on your head but you take it upon yourself to insult symbian and WP over non-issues

Seeing you're still finding it difficult to understand, let me bring it down to kindergarten level.

Simply put, updates like this do not roll out to everyone at once. This is not dependent on the OS you use. It usually rolls out to devices in batches to avoid overloading the system.
One way to circumvent this is by forward dating to trick the system into believing the time for your device has reached or by simply waiting for it to get to your device.

If you had been attentive, you would have noticed some people got it yesterday even before the official announcement, some today and maybe some later today or tomorrow.
You see the OS didn't play any part here

P.S. I would advice you to remain in the romance section where you wouldn't have so much problem understanding basic stuff.

In an attempt to over praise your device, you're ignorantly displaying your inability to understand simple yet critical issues..

My first statement about the nokia C6 has nothing to do with WhatsApp.

As at the time I used nokia C6, WhatsApp is a strange word to many.

My word has nothing to do with the user of the phone, but the phone itself..
Is it not the same nokia C6 (Qwerty + screen touch + slide)??
I'm only trying to point out the fact that the majority now appreciate the latest and the trending operating systems..

Unfortunately, out of your love for nokia, you mistook my simple humorous words for something else..

The issue about back-date is synonymous to nokia (don't even try to argue this fact). Check my previous threads on this section as at 2010 through my other i.d and you'll see I was once a die hard symbian fan. I could list tens of symbian app that requires the back dating stuff.. Guys had to boy-cout normal procedures just to enjoy some apps.
and thats exactly what you highlighted above..
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 07, 2013
Osyxcel:

What are the Lumia series running on?

I know,

You see, I don't want to discourage you today..
smiley

Have you ever read the comments of lumia users on Nokia fb page?

grin dont say I didn't warn you before visiting the page o
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Osyxcel(m): 2:57pm On Aug 07, 2013
acidosis™:

I know,

You see, I don't want to discourage you today..
smiley

Have you ever read the comments of lumia users on Nokia fb page?

grin dont say I didn't warn you before visiting the page o

Lol... Wetin do them?
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Hotdiamond(m): 3:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
I've bin using it for a while now. it just makes whatsapp easy to use.

Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
The stuff has been there for a while
Using whatsapp mod
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by mavtrevor(m): 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
Whatsapp may have been updating this feature remotely over time even before they came out to announce it, the issue here guys is not when you got it or what device you use. The essence of this post is to inform us of the latest feature on Whatsapp and how to use it.

I won't be surprised to see more innovative additions to this awesome app in the next few months especially after BBM for Android/iOS has been released. The competition is definitely going to be fierce and we the end users are gonna enjoy it.
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by koyla: 4:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
well, I love the way the microphone moves to the recycle bin when deleting smiley
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by jedisco(m): 4:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
acidosis™:

In an attempt to over praise your device, you're ignorantly displaying your inability to understand simple yet critical issues..

My first statement about the nokia C6 has nothing to do with WhatsApp.

As at the time I used nokia C6, WhatsApp is a strange word to many.

My word has nothing to do with the user of the phone, but the phone itself..
Is it not the same nokia C6 (Qwerty + screen touch + slide)??
I'm only trying to point out the fact that the majority now appreciate the latest and the trending operating systems..

Unfortunately, out of your love for nokia, you mistook my simple humorous words for something else..

The issue about back-date is synonymous to nokia (don't even try to argue this fact). Check my previous threads on this section as at 2010 through my other i.d and you'll see I was once a die hard symbian fan. I could list tens of symbian app that requires the back dating stuff.. Guys had to boy-cout normal procedures just to enjoy some apps.
and thats exactly what you highlighted above..

I can't see where I mentioned the device I use.

FYI, I don't use C6 and can't still see what a feature of whatsapp has to do with your so called 'latest and tending operating systems'.

You may call your words humorous, but I find them disgusting. I completely abhor people who have problems with devices or OSes other people use.

Back dating is not synonymous with Nokia. It was used on older symbian devices to circumvent expired certificates which relied on system time.
This is forward dating (not back) and it can be used on any device to force this update.
Is that so hard for you to understand?

Talking about boycotting,the fact that android has alot of pirated apps should tell you that its not limited to any OS. Back or forward dating is just a hack for processes dependent on system time- something most developers have since learnt to stop using.
Yes, the process may change but the result doesn't.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Newly Invented Smartphone Case That Prints Selfies In Seconds / Comparing Tecno L7 & Tecno C8 / Convert Recharge Card To Money. And Also Convert Money To Airtime Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.