Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk (2659 Views)

Whatsapp Adds Wikipedia Search Engine To Its Latest Feature Updates / Whatsapp Latest Version 2.12.493: Allows To Send/recieve Documents Like PDF,PPT / Nokia Xl Whatsapp Latest Free Solution Arrived Here Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by mavtrevor(m): 7:23am On Aug 07, 2013
Whatsapp has introduced a push-to-talk feature in their latest update, now you can share voice messages easily with your contacts by just pressing and holding down a little microphone icon on your chat box and sending on release of the button or delete by swiping left with no extra costs.

Have you noticed this feature on your Whatsapp yet/ If you haven't don't worry Whatsapp says it will be available to all in the next 24 hours.
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by scampy(m): 7:29am On Aug 07, 2013
Nice one frm Whatsapp.
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by mavtrevor(m): 7:32am On Aug 07, 2013
Now mobile instant messaging can be more fun... this may mark the death of traditional SMS..and with BBm for Android and iOS set to be released...wahala de.
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Koolmexxi(m): 7:36am On Aug 07, 2013
Whatsapp is really upgrading to become a beta alternative to bbm. Little wonder bbm has considered android and ups platforms cos whatsapp will definitely take it out of business. Nyc one

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by DeeOneBangin: 7:40am On Aug 07, 2013
I noticed it in my whatsapp yesterday evening (iPhone 5) what baffled me was that I didn't do any upgrade. It just came by it self. It's pretty cool tho
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by mavtrevor(m): 7:46am On Aug 07, 2013
I think whatsapp may have upgraded every of their apps remotely thats why everyone is seeing it. the competition just began and i can't wait to see hiw bbm for android or ios will respond to this.
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Joe50(m): 7:51am On Aug 07, 2013
av been seeing it. but never make use of it. I just test it dis morning n it works perfect. I tink it wud work better with android.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 07, 2013
Nice one
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by mavtrevor(m): 8:04am On Aug 07, 2013
it works great with android of course and I like the way they compress the file sizes to the minimum. you could record for a minute and the file size will still be in kb.
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by dazzling007(f): 8:11am On Aug 07, 2013
Noticed it this morning...haven't used it tho buh I tink its cool
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by delikay4luv: 8:23am On Aug 07, 2013
Koolmexxi: Whatsapp is really upgrading to become a beta alternative to bbm. Little wonder bbm has considered android and ups platforms cos whatsapp will definitely take it out of business. Nyc one
u mayb right
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 07, 2013
it works with any smartphone, not necessarily android
mavtrevor: it works great with android of course and I like the way they compress the file sizes to the minimum. you could record for a minute and the file size will still be in kb.
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by mavtrevor(m): 8:48am On Aug 07, 2013
I agree with u just that I have only used it on android and i was replying to the earlier commenter that suggested it would work great on android .

Do u agree this may affect the rate at which we used to send sms?
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by ibietela2(m): 8:51am On Aug 07, 2013
Great...
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Pdizzle(m): 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
does it feature on nokia c6
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
Pdizzle: does it feature on nokia c6

You still dey use nokia symbian in this jet age
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by jedisco(m): 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2013
Pdizzle: does it feature on nokia c6

I think it should. It seems to be for all devices. Just make sure you're using the latest version.

If you can't see it, change your phones date to maybe 9th or 10th and restart
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by jedisco(m): 12:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
acidosis™:

You need to grow up man.
Why not answer his question or keep shut rather than behaving like a baby.
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by initialize(m): 12:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
acidosis™:

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
jedisco:

Yes it is. Just make sure you're using the latest version.

If you can't see it, change your phones date to maybe 9th or 10th and restart
^ ^ (bolded)
jedisco:

You need to grow up man.
Why not answer his question or keep shut rather than behaving like a baby.

Now you know why I asked him that question cool

Why the hell should you back date your calender just because u wanna download ordinary whatsapp??

Only God knows what will happen to your calender when you stumble on heavy android machinery grin grin grin
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by jmaine: 12:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
acidosis™:

^ ^

Now you should know why I asked him that question cool

Wrong bro, that tactics applies to all device .

I adopted that tactics yesterday night to test this new and awesome feature on my Windows Phone 8 device. . .

The voice clarity of this feature is just too awesome . . .

Whatsapp Una do well oo kiss. . . .
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 07, 2013
jmaine:

Wrong bro, that tactics applies to all device .

I adopted that tactics yesterday night to test this new and awesome feature on my Windows Phone 8 device. . .

The voice clarity of this feature is just too awesome . . .

Whatsapp Una do well oo kiss. . . .

I'm not surprised...

I'm using the feature, and I didn't back-date any crap.
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by jedisco(m): 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2013
acidosis™:

^ ^ (bolded)

Now you know why I asked him that question cool

Why the hell should you back date your calender just because u wanna download ordinary whatsapp??

Only God knows what will happen to your calender when you stumble on heavy android machinery grin grin grin

You should keep away from the tech section.

You should know that worldwide services like this take time to roll out across devices. Forward dating simply makes it easier.
FYI, I saw that tip on an android site and it works on all devices be it BB, iOS, android e.t.c

When Google changed the look of the play store recently, how long do you think it took for a full roll out to be completed?

You are beginning to sound like you're new to android. What exactly in android gives you all these orgazms?
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by jedisco(m): 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
acidosis™:

I'm not surprised...

Your ignorance is disgusting.
Stick to things you can understand.
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by jedisco(m): 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
acidosis™:

I'm not surprised...

Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by femi4: 1:12pm On Aug 07, 2013
jedisco:

You even have time replying him.
He's always looking for attention
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by jmaine: 1:13pm On Aug 07, 2013
acidosis™:

I'm not surprised...

You should learn to be open minded . . It will be utterly silly trying to downgrade an OS on simple techy things which demands a lil push for fast tracking purposes.

BTW, The Windows Phone 8 is such a lovely OS, am wondering why you had to highlight it undecided
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
jedisco:

You should keep away from the tech section.

You should know that worldwide services like this take time to roll out across devices. Forward dating simply makes it easier.
FYI, I saw that tip on an android site and it works on all devices be it BB, iOS, android e.t.c

When Google changed the look of the play store recently, how long do you think it took for a full roll out to be completed?

You are beginning to sound like you're new to android. What exactly in android gives you all these orgazms?

hahaha...

I'm not the type that carry android/or any other device for head oga..

Btw, I never mentioned the phone I use..

All I'm saying is, the feature has been on my phone for sometime now..but I didn't back-date anything..

I'm sure there wouldn't be any need for you to back-date yours if you follow the normal route (simply update), rather than backyard runs..
grin

#no carry am for head o...

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2013
jedisco:

Hmn... yes, sir!
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by jmaine: 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2013
With Nokia working closely with the whatsapp team says a lot . . .

More great features is expected from whatsapp to counter the BBM cross platform planned invasion .
Re: Whatsapp Latest Feature - Push To Talk by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
jmaine:

You should learn to be open minded . . It will be utterly silly trying to downgrade an OS on simple techy things which demands a lil push for fast tracking purposes.

BTW, The Windows Phone 8 is such a lovely OS, am wondering why you had to highlight it undecided

windows8 on nokia?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apple Launches The World's Thinnest Tablet-ipad Air 2 / GLO Mobile Network Users Unable To Receive OTP Code Within Time Frame / Scammers!!! PAPAGIRO.APPLE.LEGIT.STORE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.