Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

How To Reduce Farting - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How To Reduce Farting (6657 Views)

How Many Times Must One Renew Ablution Due To Farting? / How Zakat Can Reduce Poverty and Starvation / Saudi-Arabia To Reduce Nigeria’s Hajj Slots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Reduce Farting by olupentane(m): 9:22am On Aug 07, 2013
Farting to a non muslim is no big deal, so far it is not smelly and if it is I think people around you can deal with it. But for a muslim incessant farting can be disturbing, especially while performing solat, we are required to be pure during solat and fart renders our state of purity(ablution) invalid, have you experienced that awkward moment of farting during tahasud before the conclusion of solat?
So i thing we might find a solution to this as it might be as a result of one's lifestyle, this is not really about those that fart occassionally but for some people to observe solat with one ablution is a great blessing. These are some tip I have been able to gather.

1. Avoid Sugar

Sugar will be broken down by the bacteria in your gut more quickly, which means that there’s a greater gas release when the food is digested. If you want to reduce the gas produced by your body, cut back on the amount of sugar you eat. This includes fructose, lactose, and sorbitol.

Reduce Carbonation

A soda now and again won’t make you fart uncontrollably, but it will cause your intestines to be filled with more air than they should be. Beer is the worst for your farts, as it’s the most carbonated of the alcoholic beverages, is full of high glycemic carbohydrates and has a strong effect on your digestive system. If you can cut back on carbonated beverages, you’ll notice your farting problem is greatly reduced.

Be Careful With Starches

Starch can cause the release of intestinal gas when it is digested in the intestines. Rice is one of the better starches to eat if you have gas problems, as it’s very easy for your body to digest. Wheat in particular will be harder on your intestines.

Quit Chewing Gum

Chewing gum will cause you to swallow a lot more air than you should, and it can lead to burping and farting out of control. It may be time to quit chewing gum, at least until you can deal with your farting issue.

Quit Smoking

Smoking will cause you to swallow air as well, and you may want to give up smoking in order to get rid of your farting problem.

Use an Anti-Bloating Remedy

Activated charcoal capsules come in very handy if you want to prevent bloating and gas buildup in your stomach and intestines, and you should consider taking them if you know that a food is going to cause gas problems. Much more on this in The Benefits of Activated Carbon for Intestinal Gas.

Conclusion

Excessive farting, particularly when the gas has an offensive smell, is usually the result of impaired digestion. Improving your digestion will improve many different areas of your overall health and is one of the first things worth focusing on when you are ready to make positive changes in your life.

May Allah make Ibadah easy for us.

2 Likes

Re: How To Reduce Farting by olupentane(m): 9:30am On Aug 07, 2013
If you have more please add to the list.

An Alfa told me after farting twice ( performing ablution thrice) that one should continue with the prayer without going for anoda ablution. but I don't know how true it is oooo. does anyone has reference in this?
Re: How To Reduce Farting by Harjeebohlar(m): 7:08am On Dec 01, 2013
olupentane: If you have more please add to the list.

An Alfa told me after farting twice ( performing ablution thrice) that one should continue with the prayer without going for anoda ablution. but I don't know how true it is oooo. does anyone has reference in this?
Na LIE jawe,there is no hadith that mentioned it
Re: How To Reduce Farting by olupentane(m): 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2013
Harjeebohlar:
Na LIE jawe,there is no hadith that mentioned it
so you mean one should continue making ablution as many times as one farts?

(1) (Reply)

When Will Ramadan 1442AH End? / World Hijab Day; Permissible Or Not? ????? / How To Place The Hands During Tashahhud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.