Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Car Vibrates When Slowing Down - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Vibrates When Slowing Down (2746 Views)

Help! My Car Jecks And Vibrates When AC Is On.. / Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph / My Car Vibrates When Engine Is Idling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Vibrates When Slowing Down by Oldboy1: 9:55am On Aug 07, 2013
My colleagues car,a toyota camry '99 model jus started a problem,he workd on the gearbox(auto trans), thereafter the gear selects well whether @ all times but he later started noticing dat if he's on speed of say 60km/h and stop accelerating,as d car slows down without matching brake and d gear decendin to 3,2 d car will vibrate until maybe he matches brake and d gear gets back to one,it stops but while accelerating,d gear engages well to all gears normally as it suppose with no issues,no vibration.
Please guys could dat be transmission issue?
Re: Car Vibrates When Slowing Down by JUO(m): 11:14am On Aug 07, 2013
wait o! all this for ur colleague? but the way you described this vibrating issue, i think you are the one experiencing this. no need to hide your problem, people are here to help you. have you checked the engine sit?
Re: Car Vibrates When Slowing Down by Oldboy1: 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
He told me and I drove d car ystday to notice all that. He was saying maybe d gear is not good but I was like dat might not be from gear,let me ask guys on nairaland first. He's not familiar with nairaland like dat.. Guys pls help.
Re: Car Vibrates When Slowing Down by cardoctor(m): 1:53pm On Aug 12, 2013
Old boy: My colleagues car,a toyota camry '99 model jus started a problem,he workd on the gearbox(auto trans), thereafter the gear selects well whether @ all times but he later started noticing dat if he's on speed of say 60km/h and stop accelerating,as d car slows down without matching brake and d gear decendin to 3,2 d car will vibrate until maybe he matches brake and d gear gets back to one,it stops but while accelerating,d gear engages well to all gears normally as it suppose with no issues,no vibration.

Get the mechanic that worked on the gearbox to check and re-tighten all the bolts related to the job he had done.

On a lot of occassions, the drive shafts may be bad and have play within the cv joints. Have him also check to see if the shaft bearings are ok as well as the bearings in the hub. Also have him make sure that the shaft extension that is bolted to the engine block have all the bolts complete and tightened properly.

I have seen shafts that have had bathroom slippers cut and stuffed into the inner cv joint housing in the name of compensating for clearance. Apparently, that's a popular practice by road side mechanics.

If everything else is ok, check the engine and gearbox sittings too for any possible damage.

Drive the car and see if there is bearing noise coming from within the gearbox as I have also seen gearboxes that have been recently worked on with loose nuts inside creating a lot of clearance on the gearbox bearings.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Car Vibrates When Slowing Down by kayhalladay: 8:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
Old boy: My colleagues car,a toyota camry '99 model jus started a problem,he workd on the gearbox(auto trans), thereafter the gear selects well whether @ all times but he later started noticing dat if he's on speed of say 60km/h and stop accelerating,as d car slows down without matching brake and d gear decendin to 3,2 d car will vibrate until maybe he matches brake and d gear gets back to one,it stops but while accelerating,d gear engages well to all gears normally as it suppose with no issues,no vibration.
kay halladay-it could be just a binding brake calipher ask your mechanic to take a look and if you are in ph i can help u look into the situation closer...
Re: Car Vibrates When Slowing Down by nnamdi04: 11:23am On Sep 27, 2013
@ oldboy,
kindly confirm how your colleagues's car was fixed. My car is having same issue.
Re: Car Vibrates When Slowing Down by nnamdi04: 1:19pm On Sep 27, 2013
@Car Doc,

Please i also need your input on this. Before now, i have already done all u suggested and the issue is still there. kindly advise.
Re: Car Vibrates When Slowing Down by nnamdi04: 7:08am On Oct 16, 2013
My car is ahving same issue and my mechanic advised me to buy another gear box.pls I need your advice.

(1) (Reply)

New Peugeot 308 Gti & R Hybrid: More Fun, Better Sensations, Wild And Power! / Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue / Please Help!!! I need a 1997 Honda Accord Radio Unlock Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.