Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph (9912 Views)

Pls I Need Advice: Car Vibrates At Idle / Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) / My Steering Wheel Vibrates At High Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph by Nobody: 7:02am On Feb 11, 2013
Good day Nairalanders, my Toyota corolla 2006 saloon car vibrates vigorously anytime I speed above 100km/ph. I was advised to do the wheel balancing and alignment, which I promptly did at a computerised centre at Ikeja, but to my surprise as I drove to work again today I realised the vibration has not ceased. Can somebody please advise me on what could be the problem. Messrs Ikenna and Siena I will be glad if you can offer your expertise advise. Thank you.
Re: Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph by Adurangba(f): 7:21am On Feb 11, 2013
Could be your engine seat is all gone. Could be uneven tyre. could be your steering wheel. Get a mecho.
Re: Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 11, 2013
Adura_ngba: Could be your engine seat is all gone. Could be uneven tyre. could be your steering wheel. Get a mecho.
Thanks @Adura Ngba, I was thinking if it is just engine seat, I will not need to go above 100km/ph to experience it.
Re: Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph by Adurangba(f): 7:33am On Feb 11, 2013
What of the tryes, are they all even? brake disc? Does it happen when you apply brakes or while just driving?
Re: Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
Adura_ngba: What of the tryes, are they all even? brake disc? Does it happen when you apply brakes or while just driving?
No. it is very stable when I apply the break, it only happens while am driving past 100. What surprised me was that I was expecting the Technicians of the place (BOMACO at Oba Akran Avenue Ikeja) where I went for the wheel balancing and alignment to tell me if there are issues with my tyres or break pads as they did to others but nothing of sort was mentioned. I really need help because it is very frustrating to know you can't drive beyond 100km/ph.
Re: Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph by emergency2: 5:32pm On Feb 11, 2013
It happened to car, I did the allignment and wheel balancing three times. It however turned out to be the shaft cup.I changed the entire driver side shaft and the problems is gone.
Ask your mecho to check and change your driver side shaft and you should be fine.
Re: Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph by Adurangba(f): 5:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
Re: Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 12, 2013
Thanks again@Adura-ngba. I read through the link and it looks there is no one stop solution to the problem. However, I will try to see my mechanic for further advice. please suggestions are still welcomed.
Re: Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph by femicousim: 10:00am On Feb 12, 2013
great job peeps
vibration at top speed could be caused by a number of factors
1-alignment
2-balancing
3-bad suspensions i.e shocks,linkages,ball joints
4-steering components
5-tyre bulge
6-bad rim
7-worn egine & or transmission mounts
your technician needs to isolate the problem, moreso you have done alignment&balancing check from a reputable tyre center
Re: Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph by 9icetoo(m): 1:11pm On Feb 12, 2013
is your car a front wheel drive? if the alignment is fine and the tyres are balanced and without bulges, then you have to check your ball joint. if it is a front wheel drive, check your shafts and knuckle bearings.
Re: Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph by efetoma(m): 4:14pm On Feb 12, 2013
Pls include Shaft. I experienced same problem with my Maxima and was advised to change my shaft completely. It solved the problem.
femicousim: great job peeps
vibration at top speed could be caused by a number of factors
1-alignment
2-balancing
3-bad suspensions i.e shocks,linkages,ball joints
4-steering components
5-tyre bulge
6-bad rim
7-worn egine & or transmission mounts
your technician needs to isolate the problem, moreso you have done alignment&balancing check from a reputable tyre center
Re: Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph by aieromon(m): 11:50am On Feb 13, 2013
Adura_ngba: Could be your engine seat is all gone. Could be uneven tyre. could be your steering wheel. Get a mecho.

Its nice to see a lady in here with competent auto-knowledge.

I am impressed.
Re: Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
Thanks all. Please I still welcome more suggestions.
Re: Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph by omanzo02: 11:22pm On Feb 16, 2013
Go and balance your wheels.
Re: Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph by infolpf: 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
Had the same issue on an SUV, we did an alignment, balancing AND rotation.
In the process, we noticed one of the wheels was bent, probably from hitting a pothole at high speed. Repaired the wheel, and voila, vibrations gone!
BTW, I dont hear people talk about tyre rotations in Nigeria - tyres wear unevenly, and need to be properly rotated from time to time to reduce wear and rebalance the vehicle.
Re: Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2013
Thanks. I'm impressed with your responses. I've resolved to try most of the options as the vibrations can be very uncomfortable.

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed As Regards Engine Oil Change / Tips For Driving Through Lagos Floods / Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.