Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,775 members, 7,813,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest (1125 Views)

In Ramadan, My Wife Doesn't Want To Sleep With Me / How To Overcome Sexual Temptation In Ramadan / What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest by Nairatalks: 11:49am On Aug 07, 2013
A group of Algerians have publically eaten lunch during Ramadan to demonstrate against the persecution of people who do not observe the religious fast.

Around 300 people in the north of the country made the protest, knowing there can be serious consequences for not fasting during the Muslim holy month
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23564925

Smh...I wonder about some muslims today! I dont think that this is a proper way to protest

1 Like

Re: Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest by maclatunji: 12:28pm On Aug 07, 2013
Fasting is a an act of worship to your creator. Anybody using it as a political tool is either very ignorant or deluded.

2 Likes

Re: Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest by deols(f): 12:57pm On Aug 07, 2013
I dont think these ones fast anyway.

And not the government would face the.punishment on their behalf.
Re: Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest by Nairatalks: 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
maclatunji: Fasting is a an act of worship to your creator. Anybody using it as a political tool is either very ignorant or deluded.

Well said
Re: Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
the turn off for me of their action is the eating with left hand. they actually may not be lefties.
if you dont fast, eat in your own home. not the town square.

at least have shame. not every evil or tangential action you take to the street.
these are the arabs that the arab saying of if you have no shame do what you want, talks about.

i tell you though, when arabs are good, they are very good. when they are bad, they are the worst. jahaliyya will show up.

May Allah direct this group back to Islam. Amin.
Re: Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest by brentkruge: 9:58pm On Aug 07, 2013
maclatunji: Fasting is a an act of worship to your creator. Anybody using it as a political tool is either very ignorant or deluded.

Thats the more reason why nobody should be forced to partake in fasting. Forcing people to fast is akin to forcing people to worship. worship should be willingly done from the heart, and so should fasting.

People need to be convinced to worship NOT forced. Its common sense.

For them to go to this length shows how serious it is.
Re: Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest by brentkruge: 10:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
RoyPCain: the turn off for me of their action is the eating with left hand. they actually may not be lefties.

at least have shame. not every evil or tangential action you take to the street.
these are the arabs that the arab saying of if you have no shame do what you want, talks about.

i tell you though, when arabs are good, they are very good. when they are bad, they are the worst. jahaliyya will show up.

How is eating during Ramadan evil action?

Its a matter of choice. There are Muslims in outside the Muslim world or even in Nigeria who may even work in restaurants during Ramadan and still fast properly. Why must a couple of guys eating on the streets in predominantly Muslim countries be a problem? Are other people's faith that weak? undecided
Re: Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 08, 2013
Why forcing people to fast.
Re: Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest by usisky(m): 8:24am On Aug 08, 2013
brentkruge:

Thats the more reason why nobody should be forced to partake in fasting. Forcing people to fast is akin to forcing people to worship. worship should be willingly done from the heart, and so should fasting.

People need to be convinced to worship NOT forced. Its common sense.

For them to go to this length shows how serious it is.

[size=13pt]
PEACE and God bless you(regardless of your 'faith')! you really have spoken wise words; simply the truth!
This is one of the core principle in the Qur'an. unfortunately...unfortunately....unfortunately.....*SMH*

[2:256] There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in GOD has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. GOD is Hearer, Omniscient.

Thank you for your invaluable contribution....

PEACE!!!
[/size]
Re: Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest by usisky(m): 8:28am On Aug 08, 2013
brentkruge:

Its a matter of choice. There are Muslims in outside the Muslim world or even in Nigeria who may even work in restaurants during Ramadan and still fast properly. Why must a couple of guys eating on the streets in predominantly Muslim countries be a problem? Are other people's faith that weak? undecided

[size=13pt]
Again, excellently said....
[/size]
Re: Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 08, 2013
the above from usisky is where i differ. usury, interest is not evil in the eyes of non muslims, but it is in Islam. if you live in islamic community or majority muslim country, even if you consume usury/interest, to be doing it publicly to the point that you are using it as a protest against its order in the Quran upon the muslim is 'evil'.

@brentkruge;
by brentkruge: 10:03pm On Aug 07

RoyPCain: the turn off for me of their action is the eating with left hand. they actually may not be lefties.

if you are a muslim you will know. you will know in the very same way as having boy/girl friend. sleeping with such a 'friend', is evil and its evil is not less than rebellious act of the folks you seem to condone in algeria. doing it in the public square in the month of ramadhan in an islamic community, 'islamic square that is' is no less evil than sleeping with that friend in the same public square because ramadhan is higher in this respect, because ramadhan observation stops you even from sleeping with your spouse during the period in the time of day you are in ramadhan obligation.
Re: Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest by brentkruge: 9:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
^^^^

So you are now equating eating during Ramadan with sleeping in the public. shocked Is your faith that weak? Anyway if an innocuous action by some folks is enough for it to challenge ones faith, you need to check yourself.
Re: Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest by brentkruge: 9:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
@ Maclantunji

Please kindly tell me why I was banned for the two posts I made above? Your explanation will help prevent me from joining the bandwagon of those who say you enjoy banning people for no just cause.

They are not right... or are they? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Quran And Modern Science - Compatible Or Incompatible / Will I Be Reward For Listening To Quran Without Understanding The Meanings? / A Nail To The Shia Coffin!!! (a Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.