Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited (3151 Views)

DAMN! How Barcelona’s Unbeaten Run Could Be A Curse In Disguise / Nasarawa United Ends Kano Pillars 201 Games Unbeaten Home NPFL Record / Chie.. Newcastle Don Spoil The Unbeaten Run Of Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by Akolawole(m): 1:36am On May 28, 2006
Why did i have to launch this thread?

I was compelled to do this because of some mis-information regarding that historic feat.

They call it Unbeatin run. Is that so?

NOOOOOOOOOO.

The facts remain:

1) They were marvellous in Premiership as they go unbeating in that season,( 2003/2004)

2) They were beating by United in the FA cup,

3) Chelsea beat them flatly at Highbury to qualify for the Champions league semi-final and

4) They were also beaten in the Carling cup in that season.

So Prisccy and co, take note.
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by lordimpaq(m): 8:14am On May 28, 2006
they were unbeaten in the league not carling cup or fa cup or champions league,

wats wrong wiv u anyway, ?
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by diddy4(m): 9:04am On May 28, 2006
who cares what u think? huh. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

akolawola, no one cares. the record is clear whether u like it or not. what u say here wont change anything. u must have been bored to start this thread. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

guess u aint an arsenal fan. it is called unbeaten, cuzz of the premiership not FA or carling cup. pronto.

please leave arsenal alone, let us breathe. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

happy sunday my man. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by lordimpaq(m): 9:20am On May 28, 2006
breathe u mean, wink
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by diddy4(m): 9:48am On May 28, 2006
yeah thanks, didn't see it. guess i should start proofreading before i post.
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by lordimpaq(m): 10:57am On May 28, 2006
yeah rite, no harms done anyway wink
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by LoverBwoy(m): 4:07pm On May 28, 2006
<shakes head while smiling and heads out>

1) They were marvellous in Premiership as they go unbeating in that season,( 2003/2004)
(.)
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by twinstaiye(m): 8:36pm On May 28, 2006
Akolawole, it is called 49 games premiership unbeaten run. It is also called going d whole league season unbeaten, the 1st in d premiership and d 2nd since d begining of premier league. A feat chelsea can never achieve even with their array of stars and loud mouth mourinho.
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by lalaboi(m): 9:36pm On May 28, 2006
@twinstaiye

wy do u hate chelsea so much. U are shoutin 49 unbeatn, yet u cnt break d number of points attaind 4 a seasn Despite u unbeatn.
If u dnt knw chelsea own d record of highest number of points attained in a seasn wit 95 points. (last seasn). N we almost showd constitency wit 91 points dis seasn. Ur team going unbeatn couldnt match dat point so wats all d fuss.
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by twinstaiye(m): 10:12pm On May 28, 2006
I dont hate chelsea, but i wont have chelsea fan run down arsenal. And where was ur own chelsea when arsenal went the whole season unbeaten? Here is a truce, let us both respect each other's record? Deal?
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by lalaboi(m): 11:51pm On May 28, 2006
Deal. Bt no one is greater. Deal?
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by Akolawole(m): 9:50am On May 29, 2006
twinstaiye:

I don't hate chelsea, but i wont have chelsea fan run down arsenal. And where was your own chelsea when arsenal went the whole season unbeaten? Here is a truce, let us both respect each other's record? Deal?

twinstaiye:

Akolawole, it is called 49 games premiership unbeaten run. It is also called going d whole league season unbeaten, the 1st in d premiership and d 2nd since d begining of premier league. A feat chelsea can never achieve even with their array of stars and loud mouth mourinho.

I am so happy about your reaction to this thread.

I have notified two Nairalanders ( a United & a Gunner) of this thread and i told them some Arsenal fans will take this as Enemity and you have done just that.

Note, a lot of young Sports fans are learning from us here and we owe it a duty to educate them with facts.

For me, i will report the good, the bad, the Ugly and the future of Chelsea.

Do you know how many records Chelsea had thrown into dust bin of history last season( 2004/2005)? Yet i will never make noise on this.

We are so boring with so many number of goals scored.

I hope Mrs Adeoye[ my English teacher in 1984/1985] will once more teach me what "boring" means.
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by twinstaiye(m): 10:08am On May 29, 2006
Akolawole, i have got a deal, no more attack on chelsea. But i hope this season we will see more of entertainment football from u guys.
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by Akolawole(m): 11:14am On May 29, 2006
@Ejire

I don't like entertainment with no result.

What did Dr Socrates leD samba boys does with their loads of entertainment in the 80's?

NOTHING.
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by 02(m): 4:33pm On May 29, 2006
If u dont have any post pls stay clear.Stop posting useless topics.
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by twinstaiye(m): 6:20pm On May 29, 2006
Akola, i hope u people will not take entertaining away from soccer, simply because u want result at all cost
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by Akolawole(m): 7:34pm On May 29, 2006
02:

If u don't have any post please stay clear.Stop posting useless topics.

Who is this?

Who are you talking to?

Is it compulsory for you to respond to my thread?

Is it a CRIME to always launch a thread on Arsenal?

Let me tell you point blank, i can never be run out of topics. I say Never!

If you push me a bit further, i will be launching thread upon thread on Arsenal everyday.
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by diddy4(m): 7:56pm On May 29, 2006
what a joker.
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by spikelord(m): 12:26am On May 30, 2006
So diddy is a gunner as well hun!
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by diddy4(m): 12:53am On May 30, 2006
yeah man, i am a gunner 4 life. nothing can change dat.
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by spikelord(m): 1:32am On May 30, 2006
It's a good thing you are on my side man!
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by Akolawole(m): 1:52am On May 30, 2006
diddy4dt:

what a joker.

meaning what?
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by spikelord(m): 2:05am On May 30, 2006
Haha
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by salehm(m): 3:29pm On May 30, 2006
Wow i am surprised that this kind of of Thread has to be brought up again.I am surprised that Akola himself is the one bringing such a thread undecided i am Highly disappointed.Well lipsrsealed
Arsenal went 49 matches unbeatten in the premiership not in all competition plz oooo
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by hucarson(m): 8:11pm On May 30, 2006
@ Akola,

49 unbeaten run is as useless as a piece of trash bag if u cannot win titles with that kind of form.
Arsenal played 49 premiership games unbeaten and they only had the Premiership title to show for it.
Ironically, English clubs were more responsible for Arsenal's downfall in the season they cld have claimed all the titles available.
I think Wenger had been obsessed by the unbeaten run for a long while. I remember Wayne Rooney(Everton) stopped the 30th unbeaten run in October 2002 before Professor Wenger rallied anutha long run which Rooney(Man Utd) stopped again in Oct 2004(The Old Trafford Battle).

Chelsea was the major culprit as they sank Arsenal in the Champions League @ Highbury.
May God bless Wayne Bridge for scoring that late goal that eventually eliminated the gooners from UEFA in 03/04 season.

Man Utd delivered a killer-punch that sent the Gunners to a bottomless pit at the FA cup in the same season and Middlesboro eliminated Arsenal at the Carling cup. Honestly,how do u start to justify the unbeaten run season when the same clubs in the league demolished the Gunners at one point or the other in the same season?

Man Utd did not need to go unbeaten in 1998/99 season when they won the treble.
Chelsea didn't need an unbeaten run to notch the highest point ever in the history of the Premiership so whatz the point in going unbeaten without winning titles?
In spite of this famous 49 unbeaten run, Arsenal has never won the Premiership back to back. Only Chelsea and United has done that with style and grace.
The Unbeaten run is not a record as far as i am concerned.
Hate mails are welcome.
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by Akolawole(m): 8:28pm On May 30, 2006
salehm:

Wow i am surprised that this kind of of Thread has to be brought up again.I am surprised that Akola himself is the one bringing such a thread undecided i am Highly disappointed.Well lipsrsealed
Arsenal went 49 matches unbeatten in the premiership not in all competition plz oooo

Dont be dissapointed at all.

The thread is not about ENEMITY. its a fact.

I am sure people like Prisccy is not aware of this.

@Huca

You have not done what we ask you to do in [b]"Henry Stays" [/b]as well.
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by Jackal(m): 8:32pm On May 30, 2006
@Hucarson,
grin grin grin

U cannot really blame Mr Wenger.
A Manager of his calibre had to improvise after long chains of failure. Gooners were getting sick of his management and Wenger had to look for other avenues to put Arsenal on the map hence he discovered the "unbeaten run" phenomenom.

Check this out:
*He consistently failed in his bids to defend the Premiership title for once.
*He has never gotten past the Q-finals of the UEFA champions league as at then.
*He wasn't going to ever win the treble.

The famous 49 unbeaten run can be attributed to Van Nistelrooy's painful penalty miss at Old Trafford. Had Ruud scored,Arsenal wldn't have won the title that year but i am glad it was Ruud's goal that eventually stopped the long run.
Its also delightful to know Man Utd was not on Arsenal's beaten list of that season. In spite of the Gooners dominance,they never won a single match in all the 3 matches both teams played in 2003/04 season.

Wenger can start anutha long unbeaten run but he should be wary of Wayne Rooney in his plans because Rooney always seem to spoil Wenger's party.
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by debosky(m): 8:41pm On May 30, 2006
you guys will always find something negative to say.

Has chelsea had 49 unbeaten games? NO

Has manchester united had 49 unbeaten games? NO

Has arsenal had 49 unbeaten games? YES

Period

you can look for all the reasons you want, the fact is that its an achievement no other team has had in the premiership, or will have in a while to come. yes Wenger came up with it, and he achieved it.

talking of excuses, what of mr mourinho 'barca have never beaten us 11 on 11' ?

give credit when credit is due

nuff said
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by Jackal(m): 8:50pm On May 30, 2006
What title did Arsenal win with the unbeaten run? Only the Premiership with 90 points
What title did Chelsea win this season despite losing 5 Premiership matches? The Premiership with 91 points
What title did Man Utd win in 1998/99 season despite losing 3 Premiership matches?The Premiership with 79 points, FA cup and Champions league.

Please can u tell me the significance of this 49 unbeaten run or am i missin something?
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by Akolawole(m): 9:47pm On May 30, 2006
I dont have problem with arsenal or mr Wenger but with Arsenal's fans calling it "unbeaten season".

It was premiership unbeaten.
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by spikelord(m): 11:08am On May 31, 2006
Hey, at least we can do it again!
Re: Arsenal's Unbeaten Run Revisited by Akolawole(m): 12:51pm On May 31, 2006
spikelord:

Hey, at least we can do it again!

My Brother: Do what again?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cute Photos Of Football Stars When They Were Young / Can't See My Betslip Ticket On Bet9ja Database / J.j Okocha's Indian Club Hires Samson Siasia As Head Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.