Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe (19962 Views)

Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai / Judge Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe To Skew Justice / Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Coefficient(m): 12:35am On Aug 08, 2013
Nice move by the Police boss. But I hope he doesn't take to crime as a means of livelihood.
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by OlaAjia(m): 5:26am On Aug 08, 2013
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by true2god: 6:01am On Aug 08, 2013
While i appreciate the dude that did the taping, pple should be vry careful not to be caught by the police while recording them of duty.

This can be tantamount to suicide, especially now that there corruption has become vry vulnerable to public scrutiny.

3 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by seunlayi(m): 7:38pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ogbeche77: we can go the way of China, execute corrupt public official, no more immunity clause.. I implore you to visit youtube & check out videos of war in liberia & serria leone, you ll have a change of heart.. this is a post war image.. Do you still want a revolution?
many people advocating for war in nigeria never taught of the aftermath of it. Libya, liberia, iraq etc are more example
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by habiolah(m): 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2013
I just have a feeling that this man was dismissed more for being caught on camera than for demanding for bribe. I may be wrong sha. *hope we will hear of his prosecution soon (shebi bribery na punishable offence)*

2 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by tallceejay(m): 12:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
doctimi:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/08/us-nigeria-extortion-idUSBRE9770FK20130808

By the way, what happens to the other officer 'Yusuf' and the oga' he mentioned over the phone.

Did you read d post ?? undecided d call was a hoax!
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Horus(m): 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bdugcgehNU

Nigerian YouTube bribe police officer sacked
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by IFELEKE(m): 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
They sack him and let him roam freely on the streets?...Armed Robbery!

2 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Blakjewelry(m): 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
I was once working a working were nigerians can report any crime with either video, audio or imform of ducumental evidence to help fight crime.
I was hoping to work some media houses but some how i lost hope in project.
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by tareigns(m): 1:14pm On Aug 09, 2013
It's a dog eat dog world...if u get caught,dat jus means u r f**king up. R.i.p to d uniform of d dismissed
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by michaelokoi(m): 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
I'm not in support of d officers act but at the same time everyone should be treated equally. A senator dat was caught receiving bribe is stil a member of the house till 2day. Justice pls smiley

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Eureka007: 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
This sergent is jut a product of the rot,decay and shamelesnes in the goverment.he is just d outcome of a curropt goverment spearheaded by thieves with satanic minded men.he is a perfect reflection of what the sinate,rep,president,ministers,commisiners,governors looks like.....this sergent and his family will rost in hunger while the "ogas"will laugh and gulp thir beer...afterall some animals are more equal than others
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by jumobi1(m): 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2013
I wish more of us can do this but the consequence if getting caught recording them might be too terrible
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by trolling(m): 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
homesteady: gringringringrin

It is not the sacking that will annoy him oh! What will annoy him the most is that his other police friends will still be collecting bribe and they will not be caught
Chai no more egunje grin
homesteady: gringringringrin

It is not the sacking that will annoy him oh! What will annoy him the most is that his other police friends will still be collecting bribe and they will not be caught
Chai no more egunje
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by delors(m): 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2013
You see your life? After 21 years of hard work, you ruined it with just N2000 request. Who knows whether he even eventually got the N2000.
But then, after 21 years in the service, the man was still a road side sergeant shocked? Whatever happened to promotion? Na wah o. Incredible hulk things dey happen o.
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by free2ryhme: 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
why was dis obsolete post brought to front page again ..

who is paying MOD for this
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by trolling(m): 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
antartica:

Are u implying arab spring is bloodless?Don't you know how thousands have died so far across the arab world since the spring began?Nothing good comes on a platter,especially in situation where fundamental ignorance has eaten deep into the fibre of the society like nigerian society.Not one single thing is upright in nigeria,not even christianity.Everything is crooked,everybody is crooked and twisted down to even children.
If you know anything about spring you would know why blood is shed
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by mediainspired: 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2013
How is this news in Nigeria? Hypocrisy of the highest order! Lastma are the worst, and am still planning to film a big fish and post it on youtube (But then, wats d use anyway? I talk so much less these days. My action wuld speak at d right time). The police were made even more rotten by Lastma crooks. They are the only reason I wish PDP wins Lagos State. Sorry to digress. But from the President down to the traffic controller and commentators here, LET HE/SHE WHO HAS NOT ABUSED HIS POST TO DEMAND BRIBE (or some other 'favours' like sex) BEFORE CAST THE FIRST STONE. There just a few decent ppl in positions of authority and until these ppl outnumber the other divide, the society will continue to be a cesspit of stench & disorder. Let all guilty officials (whether the President or IG) sack themselves first before they dismiss srg. Omeleze or watever his name is.
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 09, 2013
Police officer: car owner, I will find u n kill u.

Car owner: am waiting to record ur ass again. grin
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Deschil: 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
Absolutely!
olas24u: We will need to do more recordings now.

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by PStacks(m): 1:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
It reminds me so much of one slogan back in the days when I was in secondary school at FGCK.. "Its a Game, but when caught, its a crime"

Why did they have to dismiss this Guy? Why?

Is he the first? Is he going to be the last? The people that dismissed him, are they any better than him? Nigeria has a long way to go..

This is the reality of our society. This is the Nigeria we live. This is "NORMAL". This is not a Crime as far as I'm concerned. Everybody does it, but when you are caught, you are not dismissed cos you did it, but you are dismissed cos you were sloppy and foolish enough to get caught..

In principal, your crime isn't the Bribery or Extortion because it is "LEGAL" in Nigeria.. Your crime is "Getting caught" not just caught but on Camera..

How many camera's do we need in Nigeria..

We don't need cameras..

We need a change of Heart
We need a change of attitude
We need a Re-orientation.
We have gotten Independence from the colonial Masters in 1960. We need a "RE-Independence from ourselves..

No outsider would destroy Nigeria.. Nigerians Alone would either Destroy this country or Nigerians would fix it..

I feel so sorry for this Policeman.. I feel he has been un-justly sacked because there are a billion and one other policemen out there that are worse off..

We need healing of our land...

Nigeria's problem is so much even if we get a Good leader he would never know where to start from..

We need to Declare a State of Emergency on the whole country, Bring every gatdanm thing to a complete Halt.. Set the Rules to play by, forgive all the sins of the past and start fresh on a New leaf..

We need a universal set of laws that would hold for both the Rich and Poor, Able and disabled, High and low, Xtains and Muslims..

We need one Law.. One Constitution that everybody "MUST" Abide by..

In a society where we have More than one Constitution to govern one society, all this shit are bound to occur.. We have Islamic Laws and Sharia laws, We have Christian Laws and we have the Nigerian constitution, all to govern only 1 Nigeria.. Hence chaos and Randomness, dis-orderliness. Lawlessness.

I really Feel so badly for this policeman..

I don't have a camera tho! I can't afford one, so I will always be subject to intimidation by Police till the Govt can provide us all with Camera's.. Kudo's to the person with the Camera, he did a good job.

Sacking the police officer hasn't made Nigeria a better place, it has just made other policemen smarter and wiser and would device more crooked and more organised means of extortion..

I can categorically tell you that other policemen haven't learn, they have just gotten wiser and smarter.. Don't be suprised police would start searching for cameras and Tape recorders B4 demanding bribes..

Nigeria must move forward but all stake holders must be involved. Everybody.. From the top to the least.

I pity for this country so much.

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
And the likes of Farouk are still walking as free men, justice indeed... angry
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Deschil: 1:49pm On Aug 09, 2013
Indeed he was dismissed for being so careless as to be caught; he has exposed them...
habiolah: I just have a feeling that this man was dismissed more for being caught on camera than for demanding for bribe. I may be wrong sha. *hope we will hear of his prosecution soon (shebi bribery na punishable offence)*
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Deschil: 1:54pm On Aug 09, 2013
My friend and I got caught while driving by a police man and he took us to the closest ATM to withdraw "enough" money. Sickening.
antartica: Not too long ago there was a post from a nairalander in lagos that said a policeman march him to cash point to collect bribe because he didn't have enough in his wallet to give.I don't know if this has anything to do with that?
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by obi123: 2:04pm On Aug 09, 2013
tevinsolt: why not just put time reading cameras on these police officer's uniforms and other public officials to monitor their daily activities when on duty? how bada*ss would that be?

in the states , all police cars have cameras on the dash board that records every pull over made by the cop ,that's why they park at the back , so that they are in full view of the camera
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by NET1(m): 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
Please I have a question:

Did the Nigeria Police Force dismiss this man because he was DEMANDING BRIBES or because HE WAS CAUGHT DEMANDING BRIBES?

.NET
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
"...in a vast, chaotic city of 21 million people where motorists often seem oblivious to any rules."

Chai! Oyibo sabi speak Engrish wey dey sweet whell whell grin grin.
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by PStacks(m): 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
antartica:

Are u implying arab spring is bloodless?Don't you know how thousands have died so far across the arab world since the spring began?Nothing good comes on a platter,especially in situation where fundamental ignorance has eaten deep into the fibre of the society like nigerian society.Not one single thing is upright in nigeria,not even christianity.Everything is crooked,everybody is crooked and twisted down to even children.

Indeed and for a truth. The hard way is the only way...
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 09, 2013
seunlayi: The Role of Technology in Combating Corruption in Nigeria: A case study of Nigeria Police Force. Let us all participate in this new trend

Na Thesis or Dissertation?
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by IYANGBALI: 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2013
antartica: How about the oga he called on the phone the negotiate the bribe price?Corruption in nigerian police force is a norm that the socalled ig is a part and parcel of.
its when you get caught that you are called a thief,the rule of the game is dont get caught,ok?
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by IYANGBALI: 2:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
.NET:
Please I have a question:

Did the Nigeria Police Force dismiss this man because he was DEMANDING BRIBES or because HE WAS CAUGHT DEMANDING BRIBES?

.NET
he was dismissed for allowing himself to be filmed in the movie titled MUGU ONE
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by MBG4Real(m): 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2013
delors: You see your life? After 21 years of hard work, you ruined it with just N2000 request. Who knows whether he even eventually got the N2000.
But then, after 21 years in the service, the man was still a road side sergeant shocked? Whatever happened to promotion? Na wah o. Incredible hulk things dey happen o.

Me sef I tire ooo... Maybe that is the cause of his frustration. A job where staff welfare is zero and no motivation whatsoever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu Monarch Supports Fulani Herdsmen Says 'Nobody Is Driving Them Away' / Atiku Congratulates Super Eagles As They Qualify For Quarter-finals AFCON 2019 / President Buhari Receives Yahaya Bello (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.