Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Tiv Language Dictionary - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tiv Language Dictionary (7000 Views)

Alfred Akawe-Torkula, Tor Of Tiv Is Dead / I Want Know About Tiv Culture / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tiv Language Dictionary by Kailua324(m): 7:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
I have recently become fascinated with the Nigerian culture and all forms of dialects of West Africa. My friend recently told me this phrase..."Lliam gbam a we je gande." What exactly does this mean? Any knowledge would be great!! Look forward to learning more on this subject!! grin
Re: Tiv Language Dictionary by makyegh(m): 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2015
Sorry it took this long for a response. "Liam gbam a we je gande" Simply means" I want to have a talk with you. But in the use of language, there is more meaning conveyed. The apeaker simultaneously suggests that he/ she had wanted this talk for some time now. Conveyed also is the impression that the sought after party has not been accessible for any number of reasons. Eqally conveyed is the impression that the talk is important.
Liam gbam a we je gande, is used when one wishes to underline importance.
I hope you are still there and you find this useful.
cheers.
Re: Tiv Language Dictionary by marodee(m): 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
KANYI I LU INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY KI DZU TIV.

(1) (Reply)

How Many Languages Do You Know? / Chinese But Nigerian At Heart / Nigerian Folklore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.