Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Chinese But Nigerian At Heart - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Chinese But Nigerian At Heart (7026 Views)

Chinese-dragon Boat Festival Versus Nigerian-boat Regatta. / Chinese Men's Marriages To African Women Causes Controversy In China / Can U Speak Chinese? 能您写中文 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by metoo(m): 9:46am On Aug 31, 2006
my wife is a nigeria at heart, i am married to a chinese but my wifes prefers to be called nigerian, why because hse likes the igin english i teach her, she knows how to say, watin dey happen, why you dey hala! even my 3 year old daughter is found of saying, no hala me jo! so even if i am married to achinese, she;'s nigerian at heart, but the sad thing is , many nigerians here in china are really putting us to shame by doing things thatbreaks the law, china is a peaceful country , with the right documentation and doing the right thing you can live a peaceful life, why are we being put to shame by this shameless nigerians doing things to stain the bright colours of nigeria. if you are reading this and you have any brother, sister living in china and doing nothing please advice them not to do anything to break the law, if they do, it effects those who are here and have established good family.
as much as i am nigerian, but i am chinese in another way. beleive it or not chinese people are the most friendly people in the world, they have good hearts and love and harmony.NIGERIANS STOP DOING THINGS TO BRING SHAME TO OTHERS.
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Eurphoria(f): 9:40pm On Sep 01, 2006
Aww

It's really nice to see you settled in to the culture but also bringing your family up in a healthy way. Brought a smile to my face. Never been to china, but i agree that they are nice, welcoming and respectful people, well the ones i have met. Yeah you right about the few foul Nigerians who go about killing the image. Anyway just make oa good go of your family,all the best metoo.

P.s
you really selling china to ppl, they shud make you an ambassador wink
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Busta(f): 3:21pm On Sep 02, 2006
Hey Metoo NiHao?

where in china are u? was in shanghai 2 yrs ago, I did so much shoping that ma dad was gonna disown me after paying for extra luggages to get back.

so cute u got a chinese wife and daughter. U just stay outta trouble cos naija would naija whereva they go. The do things to shames themselves in america, canada and england so china makes no diff. If possible avoid em and take ur daughter away from em.

zai jian
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by iice(f): 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2006
@metoo, its not only naija they do these things, sure we get bad reps overseas but i know not all are bad. But am glad your wife has accepted naija as her own lol. My bro's gf is something like that (mixed british, spanish), we taught her pidgin so she speaks it, she always joins anything associated with naija, so the nigerians here have adopted her as one of our own lol. .
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by GNature(m): 8:23pm On Sep 02, 2006
@busta

How was shanghai ? Can you please give me any traveling tips because I plan on
visiting (as well as singapore and possibly hong kong) some day.

Thanks.
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Busta(f): 1:44am On Sep 03, 2006
@GNature, Shanghai was the shizzle. just take enough money with you because there's so much to buy and so freakin cheap too. I bought and bought and bought till i ran broke. I also met the woman from collectibles there, don't know her name but hell yeah, thats where she shops for her collectibles and wedding dresses. Imagine how cheap she buys them there and then sell em for millions at home. I sent some clothes, bags and belts home too for sale. (Business people be advised).

And it would be more fun if u had a translator. Funny enough, I was treated like a mini celebrity there because the have very few blacks there and some of them never even seen black people before. Imagine walkin on the streets and people trynna touch u or take pictures with u. really weird huh?

enways, contact me for more info, made couple of friends there too. And yeah, climbed the great wall of china guys. cheesy
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by metoo(m): 3:31am On Sep 03, 2006
i appreciate all your comments and just to let you people know i don't only have a daughter but also a son who is 4 months old, having heard all your advice i appreciate them anything you visit china or plan to visit china just give me a call, you can check out my e-mail(wherebiz@yahoo.com) i deal in international trade and entertainment, education and hotel is a plus. i have had my own share of suffering but with a low level head and trusting in god i was able to overcome, many of our people are in a hurry, get rich quick, so can't even endure, getting married to someone from another culture is a challenge, we have series of quarrels over which way to follow or which is right,beleive it or not my son is not circumcized, they don't beleive in this, my daughter just got her ears open day before she clocked 3, but despite our disagreement, our love for each other still grows bigger, i love her more than yesterday,the love grows by the second, miniute, hour and day.but one thing still hurts me, seeing my own people doing shaneful things, infact i intend to volunteer with the public security authority here only to assist them in fishing out the nigerians who are to no good, everyday they are always upto no good. some have even gone to some extent of changing their passport, my pride is my passport which shows am nigerian and nothing will let me change it,there're lots of legitimate nigerians here who are living good life due to hard work and dedication,they have their own house, rife good cars but yet people still see them as the same nigerian that broke the law , my friends i am not saying nigeria is bad, no, all i am saying lets join hands to fish out the bad eggs, it's very possible, where ever you are if you know someone who is into something criminal just give the police or authority a tip and leave the rest to them,they more they are fished out the better for one name.
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by GNature(m): 7:38pm On Sep 03, 2006
@busta

Thanks so much girl. Wow  shocked, it sounds like you really had a ball !. Can't wait to travel
there. I'll be asking for more details later.
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Seun(m): 7:58pm On Sep 03, 2006
metoo, your story shows that you are a great ambassador of Nigeria. Keep it up!
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 03, 2006
there are bad eggs EVERYWHERE so dont sweat yourself just keep being PROUDLY NIGERIAN

let others know that they can make a good living and help China fish out those who are giving us a bad name BUT remind them not to judge everyone alike

P.S pictures of your pikins PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE grin grin grin grin
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Eurphoria(f): 9:52pm On Sep 03, 2006
smiley
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Eurphoria(f): 9:54pm On Sep 03, 2006
[/quote][quote author=salsera link=topic=21869.msg590054#msg590054 date=1157315115]

P.S pictures of your pikins PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE grin grin grin grin

@Salsera Hiya

feeling broody by any chance? cheesy
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by hotangel2(f): 10:14pm On Sep 03, 2006
Keep repping Naija.

Good to hear that we still have patriots.

Well tell ur child that no one will hala her oo. lol
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Radiant(f): 2:40am On Sep 04, 2006
China?Married to a chinese hmm.okay lipsrsealed God knows best grin
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Oracle(m): 3:24am On Sep 04, 2006
Whatz up with that Radiant?
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Radiant(f): 3:30am On Sep 04, 2006
It's aight. The whole story confirms the great potentials of our people wink grin
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by chinani(f): 3:30am On Sep 04, 2006
I thought the Chinese weren't too keen on black ppl. (An Asian friend told me.) Am I wrong?
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Oracle(m): 3:58am On Sep 04, 2006
Well, i guess you've heard otherwise
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Eurphoria(f): 11:31am On Sep 04, 2006
[/quote][quote author=chinani link=topic=21869.msg590327#msg590327 date=1157337051]
I thought the Chinese weren't too keen on black people. (An Asian friend told me.) Am I wrong?

Hiya chinani

Yeah i heard same sort of things too, but only as far as marriage, they are very protective of their culture which is understandable. Generally they are nice , respectful ppl, not the mad racial sorts,just mindful of their heritage. Anyway,METOO has proved there is a love story in any racial difference smiley. Its lovely isnt it cheesy
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by iice(f): 11:35am On Sep 04, 2006
Chinani, some arent keen on blacks that is true but sometimes you get to meet those who really like blacks. Chinese usually marry chinese, it's their culture. But like i said there are those who marry outside their culture. Metoo, keep doing what your doing. wink
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2006
@euphoria

no i am not, just curious how nigerian-chinese kids would look like wink
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Radiant(f): 4:22am On Sep 05, 2006
salsera:

@euphoria

no i am not, just curious how nigerian-chinese kids would look like wink

why don't u get one yourself and put up the pic so we see? wink grin
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:21pm On Sep 05, 2006
smiley
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Sista(f): 10:49am On Oct 08, 2006
@ To all

Chinani, some arent keen on blacks that is true but sometimes you get to meet those who really like blacks.  Chinese usually marry chinese, it's their culture. But like i said there are those who marry outside their culture.  Metoo, keep doing what your doing.

Yes Chinese usually marry Chinese or shall we say that Asian usually marry Asian. But in some cases this is not true. The poor Asians usually go outside of the Asian race. The rich ones or well to do ones usually stay within the Asian race.

I like Asian people. Even the ones who would not be caught marrying outside of their race. I can respect them as long as they respect me and for the most part, my experiences with Asian people have been refreshing.

They are not that different from black people and that is the truth. Infact outside of the strait hair, they look like black people from different parts of Africa. In the south Asia, those Asians are really dark.

I hope the poor guy doesn't get into to much trouble trying to fish those Nigerians out though. I don't think it is necessary for him to volunteer with the public security. That may add fuel to the fire. Those Nigerians may think that he is doing to much in going against them. Maybe he should hold some type of community meeting and try and talk things out.

I don't think it will do him any good to play cop on them.

We know what that leads to.

Everybody run run run, every body scatta scatta. Someone nearly died, someone just died cry
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by somegirl(f): 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2006
Meetoo, ni hao? (don't even know if is Mandarin, Hakka, Cantonese or whatever you've learned but anyway ---) Thanks for posting your story. It sounds like you present Naija well over there. Keep it up!

busta: Imagine walkin on the streets and people trynna touch u or take pictures with u. really weird huh?

I've made the same experience. Doesn't it get bothersome with time?
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Pekingpain: 7:46am On Feb 28, 2007
This 'metoo' dude sounds off his one-track brain pretty weird,sounds pretty much like some life-is-good-now kinda guys I know up in here"china", seriously this dude sounds pretty much like he ain't got nothing to do with time, you know why? Cos If yous genuinely a true nigerian as you proclaimed yourself,If you yous a real brother's keeper,If yous an educated nigerian that sees through the fog with common sense,If yous an intelligent bank-head kinda dude, I swear you wouldn't come up in here acting like you're some sorta "saint-metoo", Now to step your curiousity down,I understand you wanna know why I'm pissed at your Ironic-no-sense comments up in here. picture this with kodak

I'm a Nigerian, peking is where I grind,been on this turf for a while and trust me fellas,I thought this dude's gonna come up in here and shed a lil bit more light on what Nigerians are going through,Just a thought! dont get it twisted,I thought this dude would come up in here and waken people's awareness on how Nigerians are been treated as savage second-hand citizens,I sincerely thought this brotha would come up in here and pour immigrants pain out on here to discuss,Just a thought!I thought this dude would come up in here and split up more awareness on how so-called embassy doesn't give a flying f**k about it's citizens,and yes If you embassy officials are reading,do you really give a sh**t?No I dont think so!still on my thoughts though, I actually thought this dude would come up in here and aware people on how Innocent,and educated nigerians are been locked down in chinese dungeon,and No they aint no criminals,nothing like an outrageous crimes,Its just expired-visa! and why's visa burning up on nigerian passports?Cos Chinese Immigrations doesnt even wanna set eyes on it, they dont extend it,and if they do then it's gotta be 5days to get the f**k outta the country,so do the math,folks!

See,over the years, shit's been terribly drastic on Nigerian citizens on this turf, people struggle to leave nigeria on geting here ain't no job,no accomodation,ain't no friends,and all they get to see are just some brothers-that-hustle-another-brother, So picture what life states to such situation, Trust me , I challenge this 'metoo' dude to get up in here and mention how many Nigerians he's helped since life got Ok for him? 'If truly it is'. Do you even say hello to fellow mellow nigerians when you see them? and there you go saying "SOME NIGERIANS CHANGED THEIR NATIONALITY" " SOME NIGERIANS ARE BLAH BLAH"

Over the past few years, most tragedic crimes been commited on this turf are mostly commited by neigbouring countries citizens,I won't name no country, Cos muthafuckers get Nigerians passport from frustrated nigerians that's been on the streets,wearing a pair of pant for a months,aint no food to eat,aint no place to sleep,damn! they're frustrated to sell their passport and get some creams to survive,by doing this, This hood-rats go on deals with Nigerian passports and get caught with nija pali,when they're been asked where they from or If the media would broadcast that shit on tv,they'd say "OH IT'S NIGERIA AGAIN", On and On like that sh**t kept whirling round and round through the years and ain't nobody saying sh**t, and anytime the law boys call the embassy to come represent the "real" Nigerians,they'll sit they ass back with that fucing tie down their donkey-dicks drinking qingdao beer! They don't give a flying f**k!!

I swear I could go on with this whole thing,but this here be my first post on this forum. I'll feed y'all back later!

peace.
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by metoo(m): 1:47am On Mar 01, 2007
hey if nigerians are finidng it hard then go back home, do something, i just came back from a trip to nigeria with my family i was amazed at the development in terms of peoples lives, people are hustling here and there, people have gotten richer, no matter what business you do if you put your heart into it you will eventually make it, your're right our passport is so loose but what can we do, mistakes don't correct mistakes! anyway, bro, if you are finding it hard to coupe here in china rather than do something criminal just go and get a TC and leave ASAP. and if you know of someone nusing a nigerian P and he or she is not nigerian expose the person if you can't let me know i will direct you to someone who will pay you for your information, i am not trying to rat out people but to clean the slate and beleive me many nigerians are legitimately doing and making it, i know of a nigerian in dalian who owns a real estate company he is making it, WHEN YOU TAKE TIME AND ALLOW OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE IT'S PLACE THAT MONEY WILL SURELY COME BUT WHEN YOU WANT THAT MONEY BY ALL MEANS WELL, EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED. THERE'RE TIMES MY BSUINESS YEILDS NOT EVEN A DIME, I HAD TO WORK ESLE WHERE IN ORDER TO PAY THE STAFFS AND RENT, HEY MY NIGGA NO EXCUSE FOR A MAN AN FOR WOMAN, SORRY OUR WOMEN ARE LAZY, THEY DON'T WANT TO BE ORDERED AROUND THATS WHY THEY ARE DOING DIRTY THINGS, CHECK OUT THE CAMEROONIANS, WHERE ARE LIVE THEY ARE WORKING HARD TO EARN A GOOD LIVING. MY GUY THERE'S ALWAYS A WAY WHERE THERE'S NONE; OPEN YOUR EYES, BY THE WAY. NIGERIA IS FAR BETTER THAN CHINA IN MANY WAYS BUT, WE NEED JUST ONE CHANGE, THAT IS, HELPING OUR SELF FIRST.WE ARE SO SELF CENTERED, THAT IS WHY CHINA IS AHEAD OF US, THEY THINK OF THE COUNTRY BEFORE THEMSELVES,

1 Like

Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Radiant(f): 11:15pm On Mar 01, 2007
metoo:

mistakes don't correct mistakes!

cool cool cool
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Seun(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2007
Moved to culture section. wink
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by waxyweller: 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2007
Yen go lan chainis ?? Biripa chai cho grin grin grin grin he mean say Una good morning
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by Bo1: 9:02pm On Nov 05, 2007
[color=#770077][/color]

Hi Metoo that is fantastic! We thought we were an odd combo him being Nigerian me being Chinese grin
Where do you guys live in China then?
Best of luck!
Re: Chinese But Nigerian At Heart by presido1: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2007
@metoo or whatever you have staffs huh!! how many of them are nigerians? the guy(Pekingpain) that disagred with your story asked you a question which you did not ansa. How many Nigerians have you help? waiting for ur ansa. How can u advice somebody that ran from niga cos of hardship to run back and face the same hardship that drove him away, tomorrow you will hear that banks are being robbed day after day, buses are beng robbed. Since anybody can walk into any immigration office in 9ja and get a passport with ease i beleive most of the guys cought with 9ja pali are not nigerians. I still beleive the administration back home is to blame for all these shits happening.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tiv Language Dictionary / Igbos: List Your Favourite Igbo 'otimkpu' Hailings : And Meaning If Possible / Alaafin Aole Curse On Afonja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.