Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,501 members, 7,830,509 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

The Diary - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Diary (48195 Views)

BOOMERANG!!! The Diary Of A Foolish Lady. A Flash Fiction / The Diary Of A Crazy Kid / FOXY_REBIRTH - The Diary of A Dead Vampire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2013
C'mn ppl.....its time u reward me, vote for me (the diary) ryt now...plisssss....https://www.nairaland.com/1467988/literature-section-awards-2013
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 11:10pm On Oct 07, 2013
Issue 14
---------------------------------------------------
I shook my head from where I stood with uncalled tears rolling down my eyes, "WHY..?" Was all I could say at the sight that stared at me like the word truth, my legs shook but was strong enough to keep me standing, I felt my left eye twitch because I couldn't believe what was going on. I took a step closer to get a better view(which I already have) of the unbelievable picture that stood in front of me, deeper and messier it gets as the second ticked round the clock, the disbelief in my eyes brought thoughts of emptiness and confusion in to my soul, now it is glaring that am in a situation that I don't believe even God would answer my prayers... am on my own.

I still didn't believe I was looking at Onome's lifeless body, she sat right there in her own blood with her back rested on the cupboard, her tummy was ripped open with her intestine and her tongue stabbed to the top of the cupboard, her tongue was held hanging with the knife on the cupboard and her intestine wrapped around the knife, no wonder she couldn't even shout or make a sound, blood dropped from both her tongue and intestine on her head where she was seated. Her phone didn't stop ringing which was right there in her pocket, I needed to switch off the phone so as not to attract any attention, I got close to her and reached for the phone in her pocket, it was her mother calling but I did not wait for it to ring again before I switched it off.

I removed the battery and put it in her back pocket while I stuffed the empty phone in her side pocket, I removed my boxers to make sure I was unclad so I don't throw away any blood stained shirt which might bring suspicions, I lifted her and put her on my shoulder and to the toilet I headed, I picked the stool on my way and dropped it when I got to the toilet, I already had a process so I didn't waste too much time getting her in there, I nailed the part of the ceiling I removed after I threw her intestine and tongue in, I mopped the room and every other part where her blood stained . She never knew my ceiling would be a temporary if not her permanent place of rest, she never got to tell me what she wanted to, she said we needed to talk about something but only God knows what made it impossible.

I cried silently where I sat in the sitting not because she died in my house but because it was today I wanted to propose to her even if I had no ring yet,I wanted to prove her family wrong who thought I was joking around with her. Recently I noticed there was a big difference between like and love, I thought I liked her and that I was going to dump her sooner or later, but I realised I had fallen deeply in love with her, whenever she's around., I forget my sorrows, it might not be totally but that moment she's with me is always a moment to let go, I have grown fund of her so much that I always want to touch her even when I don't. Nature reciprocated our love because whenever she was in my arms I saw love in her eyes, she'll always call to make sure I was okay, she finds time from her busy schedule to bring me food even when I don't request....I can't believe she's gone.

I reminisced on my couch as I tasted my salty tears, I was so sad I was angry I could stand any cursed ghost without being scared, I couldn't hold the tears back as it rolled down like a water fall, suddenly there was a hard bang on my front door, quickly I stood up and got in to my clothes, I wiped my tears and lowered my eyelashes to have a sleepy look since my eyes were red due to me crying, I carried the food Onome brought and took it to the kitchen in a rush, I hid it in one of the cupboards to be on a saver side because I might never know what might be sighted by an anonymous person as an evidence. I approached the door and sniffed my nose to make my acting believable, I opened the door and it was Onome's senior sister, she had a fierce look on her face like we were enemies.

Literally we are worst enemies, she hates so much that she told it to my face once, she told me she'll never allow her junior sister marry a fake like me, Onome told me once that her sister was ready to do anything to break us apart, I never knew what I did to her to get the glaring ill treatment from her. I asked her what she wanted with the door not completely opened, "where's Onome?..." She asked aggressively without any greeting, "she's not here..." I replied sluggishly, "can't you see you just woke me from my sleep" I continued, she hissed and shouted Onome's name from outside, I had to let her in so she doesn't attract any external body because she was totally willing and ready to create a scene.

I removed my phone from my pocket as I closed the door to delete Onome from my received calls list, I put it back in my pocket nd raised my head to look at Nnenna who had already gone into my room in search of her sister, she called Onome's name as she walked on the paseo to my kitchen, I told her again her sister wasn't in my house and that I haven't seen her today, she stopped all of a sudden, turned around and looked straight in to my eyes, " where is my sister?...what have you done to her?... Hope you have not given her something to eat because she's pregnant for you, cos I know you are one irresponsible boy....I know she's in here...where's my sister?" She shouted, I followed where her hand was pointing as she spoke which was Onome's slippers, it was properly placed at the back of my chair, no wonder she spoke with so much confirmation.

At that moment I didn't know what to say or how to defend myself, or what kind of person would walk bare footed or forget her slippers?, I stayed mute for seconds with so much surprise sparking all over my face, "where is my sister?..." She asked again in a much more demanding tone, I moved close to her slowly like I wanted to tell her something and I didn't want to say it loud, she stood there without moving a muscle like she wanted to fight me, quickly I grabbed her by the head and smashed it on the wall, it was unexpected on her part as she unlaxed with her eyes blinking rapidly, I hit it one more time and her blood splashed on the walls and on me, she found it hard to breathe as I hit it one more time on the wall, I hit it hard again and again and again till she fell to the ground.

My hand was soaked in blood as I watched Nnenna's fingers twitch the last life in them, her skull was broken to the extent some creamy particles mixed the blood that gushed out from her head, she was dead for sure and I could do was just laugh, I laughed so loud I began to cry, tears of regret rolled down my eyes as I stretched forth my hand filled with blood, I saw the hand of a killer, a murderer who killed someone in cold blood, no wonder she never liked me, no wonder that hatred steam for me oozed out for her and she made it obvious. I sat on the ground caring less if someone would barge in, I cried like a baby caring less if I was shouting, I looked at her corpse and thought to myself "two dead people in one day.....two dead sisters in one day...four dead bodies in my house..."

2 Likes

Re: The Diary by afangide(m): 11:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
Slickest, na now hand go touch you because u don commit murder

1 Like

Re: The Diary by MsSpaqs(f): 9:07am On Oct 08, 2013
shocked
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 11:16am On Oct 08, 2013
afangide: Slickest, na now hand go touch you because u don commit murder
No b na?
Re: The Diary by Madawaki01(m): 11:32am On Oct 08, 2013
Slickest:
No b na?
go to ur ghost full thread and tell ur fans to vote for the diary,som are votin 4 ghost full
Re: The Diary by festwiz(m): 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
Diary make sense,but na ghost full i vote for because i no see this one.#Sad
Re: The Diary by Madawaki01(m): 6:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
festwiz: Diary make sense,but na ghost full i vote for because i no see this one.#Sad
u can modify ur vote,go and modify it
Re: The Diary by Tgold1(m): 7:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
slickest toh badt, scariest man.
Re: The Diary by Kslib(m): 10:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
Oh boy!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 11:53am On Oct 12, 2013
Ppl...I think my votes are being divided and if put 2geda will guarantee a win, I urge u guys to please modify your votes to ghostfull since it has been concluded, I really appreciate you guys...thanx..https://www.nairaland.com/1467988/literature-section-awards-2013
Re: The Diary by skyscraperTM(m): 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
Oh boy!!

All izz well!!
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 11:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
Issue 15:
--------------------------------------------------

There is strength in numbers so they say, the power in multitude is enough to cause a rapid change, relatively, I have had a few encounters with Kako's ghost who didn't even die in my house, another with a stray ghost who chose me as a companion, those two have made a living hell for me in the past few days, now I have added four more bodies that I know will definitely come back knocking. I have a missing person's corpse in my custody which have caused an harmonised chaos in the community, Mama Sunday who is known by all, the search for her by the police is still on going but Papa Sunday kept making it clear that the police would not be the only vigilante to search for his missing wife, he made it known that he would seek the intervention of Baba Odika the priest.

Baba Odika is a formidable priest who is so popular around here, he is known for his fearless interaction with ghosts, the last I heard he did was the unbelievable one, the talk of the town, it was narrated by an eyewitness that a girl was killed by an anonymous person, the killer stayed anonymous until Baba Odika got involved, I was told he summoned the little girls ghost to question it, it was shocking when the killer was revealed to be her step mother, it was exposed that she was poisoned and Baba brought forth the plate the little girl ate with and showed it to everyone, He also went on to bring the rest of the poison kept in an inner chamber by the step mother to justify his intervention, I found it hard to believe but it was the talk of the town.

Baba Odika had solved some other mouth opening mysteries which made headlines on people's lips for weeks, though I haven't encountered any of his mystery solving spree but I pray am not his next culprit. Papa Sunday kept saying he'll invite Baba Odika over but he never said when, and I would not want him to storm me unaware, but honestly I really don't know what to do, the best solution I could come up with was leaving town but the right time was what I contemplated on, I think the right time is now because my problems are being compounded as the count of corpses keeps increasing. Leaving is the lasting solution to my problem because I would not want to be mobbed like all other culprits exposed by Baba Odika, the jungle justice here is so barbaric that I don't inquire to know what's going on when ever I see crowd gathered, I just walk pass them so I don't see some disturbing scenes that is capable of giving nightmares.

I cleared Nnenna's body and did justice to it like I've done those before her, I already had a routine in the clearing of bodies, may be I should get a job at the mortuary, as if that would solve my problem. I dumped her where I dumped others and in no time I had concluded the cleaning, this time I made sure I took away all evidences and clues that might physically involve me, every where was empty with only my own belongings in sight. My tummy rumbled as hunger clamoured, I went to the kitchen to reach for the food Onome brought for me,I bent and opened the cupboard carrying the food with the nylon, I picked a spoon and a pack of pure water from the bag that laid beside the cupboard, I stood up and walked to the sitting room,sat and brought out the stainless plate from the nylon, I opened it and I couldn't stand what was in it, quickly I dropped the plate and took some steps back.

The awkward odour that oozed from the maggot filled soup got me very surprised, I was shocked at the flies that buzzed around my sitting room as a result of the rotten soup Onome brought for me earlier today. Questions emerged deep within me on the new process of nature towards decay, I left the food for few hours and it had the look of an eight day old meal, I picked up the nylon to reach for the fufu but its look was beyond the original look of the one I saw earlier, it was so rotten it had a grey colour and had mucus all over it, quickly I threw it to the ground and covered my nose with my hand which also had the contaminated smell inflicted on it, I spat out like I could taste it on my tongue as I dashed to the bathroom to get my hands washed.

I felt disgust for myself as I washed my hands in the bathroom, I was so ashamed after attempting to eat the food Onome brought, I felt I had no heart anymore, it was like there was no pinch of pity for dear Onome. I cleared the rotten food and cleaned the parts that suffered the splash of the soup, I dumped everything back in to the nylon and found my way out the compound without being noticed, I threw the nylon with the plate in to the bush opposite my compound and strolled back in to the house, I sat down and thought of a way out of this mess I could have avoided if only I was self disciplined, I thought a boulevard deep in my head but the best I could come up with was to run away, I couldn't stay here any longer, and I don't care anymore if the people knew I was responsible for the crime after I have left.

I stood by the window still very much in my troubled thoughts when suddenly I saw Papa Sunday walk in to the compound with a very furious look on his face, he was accompanied by Baba Odika who walked slowly right behind him and of course the murmur of a massive crowd was heard before I saw people from different areas of the town halting in front of the compound. Where ever Baba Odika is seen there definitely is a crowd to watch, people usually gather around when ever Baba Odika is on the verge to solving a mystery, so it was at our compound entrance the crowd anticipated what was to be uncovered. I was so confused I didn't know what to do next, Papa Sunday was already knocking my door as other tenants also stepped out to see what was going on, I opened the door and asked what the problem was like it was strange to me, he told me to come out so I could join the rest of the tenants, I obeyed him but I reacted sluggishly, I already had the believe my journey in life was about to be concluded, I prayed deep within me and also on the outside I had no faith it could be answered. I joined other tenants who all wore the look of fear like it was the day of judgement, I tried composing but I couldn't help it, I thought of taking one last look at the beautiful surroundings before joining my ancestors, I looked at the waiting crowd who all had sticks and cutlasses to mob the unfortunate. I thought of confessing before Baba Odika started his procedures, that would be worse because finding out your neighbour killed your wife and had her laid in a ceiling is unforgiving, I stood strong and faced what was about to befall me. Suddenly, some people in the crowd started complaining as they got pushed in order for them to give way, there was a little path made by the crowd for someone who was trying to get in to the compound, I looked around to see if every tenant that resided in here was present which unfortunately they were, I wondered who could be forcing his/her way through the crowd. Baba Odika commenced his incantation as he danced back and forth, I didn't pay attention to him as I stayed expectant of who was coming....at last he got past the crowd and came in to the compound, he was accompanied by his wife who was so angry, Papa Onome was on his military uniform with a whip in one hand (koboko) as he dragged his wife out of the mammoth crowd with the other, Papa Onome stood upright and asked his wife in loud voice "Where is the boy....?"...

1 Like

Re: The Diary by jgatherer(m): 11:48pm On Oct 12, 2013
A case of...lobatan !
'ìsú àtà yányán' meaning yam,pepper scatter,scatter !
Re: The Diary by Madawaki01(m): 12:40am On Oct 13, 2013
A big lobatan
Re: The Diary by Madawaki01(m): 12:43am On Oct 13, 2013
Re: The Diary by Tgold1(m): 9:53am On Oct 13, 2013
omg.... Lobatan tinx.
Re: The Diary by Tgold1(m): 9:54am On Oct 13, 2013
gobe nla, gobe to surplus
Re: The Diary by MsSpaqs(f): 11:44am On Oct 13, 2013
U r a lil confused,u wanted us 2 vote 4 d diary now Ghostfull.Well i voted 4 'D Diary' n i think we should stick 2 dat whether it's complete or not besides it's more recent. @Slickest
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 12:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ms Spaqs: U r a lil confused,u wanted us 2 vote 4 d diary now Ghostfull.Well i voted 4 'D Diary' n i think we should stick 2 dat whether it's complete or not besides it's more recent. @Slickest
The reason being dat ghostfull had more publicity nd had once made the front page but not withstanding, its too scattered to corrected...its ain bou confusion...
Re: The Diary by skyscraperTM(m): 12:39pm On Oct 13, 2013
∂συble wahala ƒor ∂eady ßody!

2 Likes

Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 10:35pm On Oct 14, 2013
Issue 16
The military is known for force and strength, perseverance and sweaty endurance even in death, that is why it takes a very long time for citizens who have chosen to become part of the military to blend in to the ways of the force because they under go rigorous training sessions, I also wonder if they were taught the easiest way to torture a man in speaking the truth he had concealed for years in seconds. A mistake on a military man's path is so grave the word sorry is not enough to fix it, that is why bloody civilians in all ways avoid the being on the military camouflage, like nigerians say "na go dem sabi, dey no hear come..", I think I have fallen prey for the hungry and angry soldier who happens to be Onome's father.

Mama Onome dimmed her eyes like she was scanning for a particular information, she looked at we the tenants of the house one by one before she confidently pointed at me shouting "Na him be dat...", gigantic Papa Onome walked forth towards me and said in his waffy tone "o' Boy...where is Onome?...", that was a big question I didn't know how I was supposed to answer, all this while I never knew her father was in the military, my unconsciousness in the relationship has caused me a whole lot of damage, I would have thought twice before ever sharing a bed with her talkless she dying in my apartment. My heart beat pounded harder than the kick of a band, I prayed Papa Onome shouldn't hear it, I could just imagine the soldier finding out his two daughters were stone dead in my apartment.

"..Sir, I saw Onome earlier today but she left immediately, she only stopped by to ask me some question about the upcoming waec she registered for, Nnenna also came by looking for her not long ago but she didn't find her here so she left too...you can call their numbers sir" I slowly explained to Papa Onome in a shaky but a little confident tone, he stopped for a while as he picked up his phone which for sure he was dialling their numbers. All through the drama Baba Odika didn't stop his gibberish incantations, he took a decisive back and forth stroll as he danced to the bells he tied around his ankles and elbows, Papa Sunday altered no word as he put all his concentration on the herbalist.

I stared at my doom as people kept trooping in to see the end of the matinee, my feet emitted sweat as I was already weak out of hunger, I believed my last day on earth had arrived, I looked at the waiting crowd that appeared set to mob a culprit, I looked at Papa Sunday who had the believe someone in the compound knows the whereabouts of his darling Mama Sunday, I tilted to my fellow tenants who just stood muttering at each other, I looked at Mama Onome who looks fed up of searching for her two troublesome daughters, Papa Onome kept dialling nonstop without giving up as he put the phone to his ear and then dialled again, Baba Odika kept waiting for a dead woman to talk to him.

Everybody was engaged in what mattered to them the most while I did what mattered to me the most, I wait in fear for what was to come as I still tried to wear a look innocence. Papa Onome got tired after his whole effort of reaching his daughters was futile, he came towards me and surprisingly said in a calm tone, "their numbers are not reachable...", I took advantage of his new calm state and replied immediately "...well, she just dropped by to ask few questions, I inquired where she was in a hurry to but she reluctantly said she was off to momsy's shop, I knew she was lying but there was nothing I could do, not quite long Nnenna came looking for her but I told her she wasn't here, Nnenna left immediately as she tried calling her number...", Papa Onome gave me that trusty look after my short story, he looked like he believed me but Mama Onome's was bent on the contrary, I could tell from the look on her face that she didn't buy my explanation at all, "I'll deal with these girls..." Papa Onome shouted looking at his wife, his wife stood looking at me like my eyes were telling her the truth, quickly I diverted my stare to Baba Odika who was still dancing around in his grassy attire, I thanked my stars I was able to escape the Onome accusation, I stood agitating what will become of me if Baba Odika was truly as powerful as people say he is. Papa Sunday was at attention as he waited patiently for Baba Odika to begin to shed the light, while I prayed he never finds the lamp less shedding any brisk.

My phone vibrated from my pocket indicating a just received text message, I never bothered to reach for it as my full concentration was stationed on Baba Odika, even the crowd wasn't tired of waiting as they all had a cup of patience in their hands. My phone vibrated again with another message delivered to me, I knew it would be my service provider, they are the only ones capable of sending a text twice, I expected one of the tenants to complain of time wastage so I could follow suit but their readiness to wait was obvious. They all gave me that suspicious look like they all had something to confess, I ignored them and hoped I would be vindicated of the crime I committed so I could shame all the cowards called my neighbours.

There was another vibration from my phone which made me give a quick conclusion it was a call me back sent by one of my contacts, I thought to myself that this wasn't the right time to call anyone back, I am about to be crucified if luck worked against me, there was nothing I could do but hope something just happens, something that would distract the gathering, but as it is, attention is at its fullest and no distraction whatsoever can get a better part of anybody here. Baba Odika started smiling as he chanted his incantations, he walked faster as he laughed while dancing, those in the crowd who were already seated got on their feet, there was a sudden noise from the crowd like they knew what that meant when Baba Odika does that.

There was a clash of cutlasses and a click of sticks, bangs of planks and a clink on iron from the roaring crowd, they were ready because it appeared the end was near, my neighbours were calm as they all stood smiling and waiting for the unfortunate one amongst us,I was nothing but scared at the whole new development. My phone vibrated again and it got me a little concerned but reading a text message wasn't the priority at the moment, I put my left hand in my pocket so I could bring out the phone when next it rings. Baba Odika's attitude became energetic as he made it look like he was about to come up with something, the sun was so hot that the sweat from my body could soak a shirt, even without the sun I would still sweat a river.

There was another vibration but this time it didn't stop, the vibration was continuous meaning multiple messages were lined up to be read, it kept on vibrating and vibrating till I had no choice than to read it, I removed the phone from my pocket and checked who it was that wanted to run my battery flat...to my scariest surprise...it was Onome's number, all the messages came from Onome's phone that was supposed to be in my ceiling. I looked around then looked back at my phone, I opened each message one after the other which read " LIES...LIES....LIES....LIES...LIES...", that was exactly what she used to say when ever I told her a lie to cover myself, I shook as my phone dropped to the ground, tears of fear tripped from my eyes as I looked at Baba Odika who stopped all of a sudden, silence prevailed because it was time for him to speak the language everybody understood.
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 10:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
Issue 16
The military is known for force and strength, perseverance and sweaty endurance even in death, that is why it takes a very long time for citizens who have chosen to become part of the military to blend in to the ways of the force because they under go rigorous training sessions, I also wonder if they were taught the easiest way to torture a man in speaking the truth he had concealed for years in seconds. A mistake on a military man's path is so grave the word sorry is not enough to fix it, that is why bloody civilians in all ways avoid the being on the military camouflage, like nigerians say "na go dem sabi, dey no hear come..", I think I have fallen prey for the hungry and angry soldier who happens to be Onome's father.

Mama Onome dimmed her eyes like she was scanning for a particular information, she looked at we the tenants of the house one by one before she confidently pointed at me shouting "Na him be dat...", gigantic Papa Onome walked forth towards me and said in his waffy tone "o' Boy...where is Onome?...", that was a big question I didn't know how I was supposed to answer, all this while I never knew her father was in the military, my unconsciousness in the relationship has caused me a whole lot of damage, I would have thought twice before ever sharing a bed with her talkless she dying in my apartment. My heart beat pounded harder than the kick of a band, I prayed Papa Onome shouldn't hear it, I could just imagine the soldier finding out his two daughters were stone dead in my apartment.

"..Sir, I saw Onome earlier today but she left immediately, she only stopped by to ask me some question about the upcoming waec she registered for, Nnenna also came by looking for her not long ago but she didn't find her here so she left too...you can call their numbers sir" I slowly explained to Papa Onome in a shaky but a little confident tone, he stopped for a while as he picked up his phone which for sure he was dialling their numbers. All through the drama Baba Odika didn't stop his gibberish incantations, he took a decisive back and forth stroll as he danced to the bells he tied around his ankles and elbows, Papa Sunday altered no word as he put all his concentration on the herbalist.

I stared at my doom as people kept trooping in to see the end of the matinee, my feet emitted sweat as I was already weak out of hunger, I believed my last day on earth had arrived, I looked at the waiting crowd that appeared set to mob a culprit, I looked at Papa Sunday who had the believe someone in the compound knows the whereabouts of his darling Mama Sunday, I tilted to my fellow tenants who just stood muttering at each other, I looked at Mama Onome who looks fed up of searching for her two troublesome daughters, Papa Onome kept dialling nonstop without giving up as he put the phone to his ear and then dialled again, Baba Odika kept waiting for a dead woman to talk to him.

Everybody was engaged in what mattered to them the most while I did what mattered to me the most, I wait in fear for what was to come as I still tried to wear a look innocence. Papa Onome got tired after his whole effort of reaching his daughters was futile, he came towards me and surprisingly said in a calm tone, "their numbers are not reachable...", I took advantage of his new calm state and replied immediately "...well, she just dropped by to ask few questions, I inquired where she was in a hurry to but she reluctantly said she was off to momsy's shop, I knew she was lying but there was nothing I could do, not quite long Nnenna came looking for her but I told her she wasn't here, Nnenna left immediately as she tried calling her number...", Papa Onome gave me that trusty look after my short story, he looked like he believed me but Mama Onome's was bent on the contrary, I could tell from the look on her face that she didn't buy my explanation at all, "I'll deal with these girls..." Papa Onome shouted looking at his wife, his wife stood looking at me like my eyes were telling her the truth, quickly I diverted my stare to Baba Odika who was still dancing around in his grassy attire, I thanked my stars I was able to escape the Onome accusation, I stood agitating what will become of me if Baba Odika was truly as powerful as people say he is. Papa Sunday was at attention as he waited patiently for Baba Odika to begin to shed the light, while I prayed he never finds the lamp less shedding any brisk.

My phone vibrated from my pocket indicating a just received text message, I never bothered to reach for it as my full concentration was stationed on Baba Odika, even the crowd wasn't tired of waiting as they all had a cup of patience in their hands. My phone vibrated again with another message delivered to me, I knew it would be my service provider, they are the only ones capable of sending a text twice, I expected one of the tenants to complain of time wastage so I could follow suit but their readiness to wait was obvious. They all gave me that suspicious look like they all had something to confess, I ignored them and hoped I would be vindicated of the crime I committed so I could shame all the cowards called my neighbours.

There was another vibration from my phone which made me give a quick conclusion it was a call me back sent by one of my contacts, I thought to myself that this wasn't the right time to call anyone back, I am about to be crucified if luck worked against me, there was nothing I could do but hope something just happens, something that would distract the gathering, but as it is, attention is at its fullest and no distraction whatsoever can get a better part of anybody here. Baba Odika started smiling as he chanted his incantations, he walked faster as he laughed while dancing, those in the crowd who were already seated got on their feet, there was a sudden noise from the crowd like they knew what that meant when Baba Odika does that.

There was a clash of cutlasses and a click of sticks, bangs of planks and a clink on iron from the roaring crowd, they were ready because it appeared the end was near, my neighbours were calm as they all stood smiling and waiting for the unfortunate one amongst us,I was nothing but scared at the whole new development. My phone vibrated again and it got me a little concerned but reading a text message wasn't the priority at the moment, I put my left hand in my pocket so I could bring out the phone when next it rings. Baba Odika's attitude became energetic as he made it look like he was about to come up with something, the sun was so hot that the sweat from my body could soak a shirt, even without the sun I would still sweat a river.

There was another vibration but this time it didn't stop, the vibration was continuous meaning multiple messages were lined up to be read, it kept on vibrating and vibrating till I had no choice than to read it, I removed the phone from my pocket and checked who it was that wanted to run my battery flat...to my scariest surprise...it was Onome's number, all the messages came from Onome's phone that was supposed to be in my ceiling. I looked around then looked back at my phone, I opened each message one after the other which read " LIES...LIES....LIES....LIES...LIES...", that was exactly what she used to say when ever I told her a lie to cover myself, I shook as my phone dropped to the ground, tears of fear tripped from my eyes as I looked at Baba Odika who stopped all of a sudden, silence prevailed because it was time for him to speak the language everybody understood.
Re: The Diary by Damlesky(m): 11:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
For the first time since reading your story 'I AM NOT SCARED'. Slickest Suspence ur update is kinda short today....anyway thumbs up cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: The Diary by jgatherer(m): 11:41pm On Oct 14, 2013
Wetin come happen next ! ?...ds suspense go injure person o
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 6:51am On Oct 15, 2013
Damlesky: For the first time since reading your story 'I AM NOT SCARED'. Slickest Suspence ur update is kinda short today....anyway thumbs up cool cool cool cool cool cool
Dude...story never start..am just setting ma stage...of fear...hmmmmuuuaahahahah
Re: The Diary by Kslib(m): 9:28am On Oct 15, 2013
@slickest, i dey feel this story die.. I love it..

Pls dont try to force the story to make it look scary all the time. Yes, its a horror story,but i love what you did with the last update----- You gave us an insight on what was happening in the outside world and didnt make it scary. Good job man..

I believe i will still love this story no matter how you write it, be it complete horror or a mixture of normal happenings and horror just like you did with your last update..

What i just want you to know is that you dont really have to stress that much to always give us horror because you feel we might not appreciate not having horrific scenes like you've been feeding us with in the past. You can mix normal happenings and horror, we will still love it.. You can give only horror,horror and we will still like it. Anyhow,Anyway you write am, we go still enjoy am.. grin

Bottom line is------ You are doing a very fantastic job.. smiley
All izz well!

1 Like

Re: The Diary by Tgold1(m): 2:49pm On Oct 15, 2013
Slickest..... U BAM DIE.
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 11:38pm On Oct 17, 2013
Issue 17
Agitation is a state of worry, a state of personal disturbance, a moment when the only choice left is to wait with the heart at the edge, its not about hearing an expected answer but just getting a feedback so an early death of expectation doesn't occur. Patience has its peak, and its not called that when its reached, patience brings the slap of a tapping feet and an uncontrollable heart beat when there are too many protocols or procedures to be followed, not relatively being inquisitive on the part of those expecting but an outcome should worth the wait. Expectation was the depiction of the silence that took over the atmosphere in my compound, we all paid attention like it was a due owed, all eyes focused on Baba Odika like he wanted to determine the fate of planet earth. Baba Odika kept quiet as he looked around the compound like he was seeing something or a sort of spiritual communication, people only showed interest in what he was about to reveal. There was a sudden change in his facial expression, he acted like there was a breaking news and he was really unaware, but still not a word escaped from his mouth, I prayed loss of patience should ravage but the crowd I saw was ready to spend another one hour if that would guarantee the exposure of the concealed truth. We all watched Odika with hopes of different meanings because I was very sure what I hoped for was totally different from everybody else's.

At last he was ready to speak after many minutes of anticipation, Odika shouted "I feel souls....angry souls...angered at their shortened journey...angered at their state and place of rest...they try to speak but I cannot hear....I cannot see them because there are no bodies...they cry like they are in bondage...I feel anger...I feel betrayal...I feel pain...I feel vengeance...I feel hatred...who is responsible for this?.." Baba Odika asked as he stared us all in the eye, he began to laugh when there was no reply from any of us, for the first time Baba Odika has failed, there grumbling crowd turned their back and walked away, they all knew there was nothing else to be revealed, Odika wore a disappointed look feeling he had failed most of his fans, he looked at Papa Sunday saying "don't worry my brother, even those who never bargained will suffer"...

Baba Odika's last statement got me a little confused but I didn't let that bother me, I felt it was just an empty threat to make up for his inability, I complained a little about the whole drama and how it wasted my precious time, Papa Sunday apologised but I ignored him leaving Baba Odika behind with the rest of my neighbours. I quickly got myself prepared so I could go to the outskirt to get the usual, I got some water, took my bathe and and got all dressed up, I picked up my wallet and sprayed Eugene's deodorant all over my body, I cleaned my palm slippers and got in it quickly. I got a glimpse of my precious diary in the sitting on my way out and it reminded me of my routine which quickly I picked my pen and walked outside my apartment so I could take some fresh air as I record.

20:00
I got on a bus to the outskirt and eventually arrived at Baba's place, the sun was already setting giving way for the premature darkness, I greeted Baba and went straight to the point, he was already getting ready to go home which made him also cooperated not to waste any time, I waited outside like I always do and watched cars sped off the tarred road, it got darker but Baba still didn't come out of his chamber with the perfume, I called out his name but there was no response. I complained bitterly from where I stood in a very loud tone so he could know I still had to travel 30minutes back home, my complains yielded no response from Baba which prompted me to make a move, "for how long am I going to stand here now....if its finished let me know ooo Baba, ma journey still long..."

Silence was all I got from Baba, I decided to go into Baba's inner chamber which looked small from the outside, it was a little wider inside but there was barely light to aid my vision, I switched the torch on my phone on and called out to Baba in his haphazard store where his stock is, I pointed my phone sporadically around the stuffy room but I suddenly saw someone run in to a corner which I suspected there was a door, "..hello.." I whispered but there was no response, I called Baba but the same stillness replied. I walked forward towards the corner so I could tell Baba to snap out of his childish joke, I got to the corner and looked left...all I saw was Baba layin on his chest with his torsos pulled down to his laps, his buttock was filled with syringes stabbed in it, the whole ground was filled his blood as it still was flowing like it was done few seconds ago. My hands shook as I quickly searched around for a door which the culprit must have escaped from, the wall was all I stared at as there was only one door in the store which happened to be the one I came in through, quickly I found my way back to the entrance so I don't get caught and be accused of murder. I rushed to the entrance as I was totally covered in sweat, I was about going out when a female altered my name from the other end of the store, I stopped and looked back raising my torch slowly towards the caller... Mama Sunday stood with two syringes in her hands , there was a big hole on her chest where her heart was supposed to be, she wore her nurse uniform but some parts were stained with blood, her skin was cracked as she whispered wildly with slimy blood dropping from her mouth, she had a very fierce look on her face which made it a little hard for me to recognise her but I did any way, she ran towards me but I didn't wait for her to get to me before I took off. I ran as fast as I could as I looked back to see if she was really coming after me, she never came out of the store but that was not a red light capable of halting me, I kept running on the dark road waving every vehicle that passed by... Adrenaline kept pumping as my heels got strengthened to take me as far away from Baba's place as possible....I could hear her scream from where I was but that didn't stop my pace , I dashed by the side of the road waving at any vehicle that had it head light on...
Re: The Diary by Madawaki01(m): 12:24am On Oct 18, 2013
Nice one slickest
Re: The Diary by Kslib(m): 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2013
Oh boy!!

Mama sunday dey vex oo..

She just give the old man chloroquin Injection..
All izz well!
Re: The Diary by skyscraperTM(m): 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
SCARY!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos) / Wole Soyinka And Wife At Amaechi's Book Launch (photos) / Set Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.