Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,038 members, 7,814,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail (15299 Views)

Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund / Metuh Issues First Statement Since His Release From Prison / Pro-biafrans March For Nnamdi Kanu And James Ibori's Release - IBTimes UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by deandavid(m): 8:35pm On Aug 08, 2013
black_beau: This goes to show that corruption will never end in Naija. Pity.
sister everything that has a beginning has an end. ONE DAYY MONKEY GO GO MARKET, E NO GO RETURN.

AND U BEAF AKA BILLIONAIRE YA DAYZ ARE NUMBERED....
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by chronique(m): 8:50pm On Aug 08, 2013
I've said it times without number. Nigeria needs a total re-orientation of the minds of its citizens. The major problem of Nigeria is its people;not really the leaders. Nigerians are the ones empowering their leaders to keep corruption growing at geometric proportions. When we're ready as a nation to stop corruption,our leaders will have no option other than to stop. You can't keep fanning coal fire and expect it not to produce cooking heat.
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by joe4christ(m): 9:23pm On Aug 08, 2013
What a shameless nation nigeria is, a nation which celebrates mediocrity and corruption, i'm ashamed identifying myself with this nation, atimes i wish i had an option.

I wish i could ask God to change my nationality...

I give up!!!
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by addictiv(m): 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2013
[size=14pt]SHAME ON THEM....USELESS PEOPLE[/size]
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by bemi12(m): 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2013
All of una dey craz. If anybody wen stay warri before and after ibori tenure, u go know say true Ibori na man even if dey do election now d man go win, he knows how 2 carry his people along....IBORI na man u reall be.
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Sajio(m): 11:05pm On Aug 08, 2013
Hmmmm...... Is all about politics, our leaders doesn't care about us but †̥ their selfish interest! Although, Ibori actually did well †̥ some extent. God's own punishment is eternity! I wish nigeria goodluck!
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by rayedge: 11:34pm On Aug 08, 2013
born2fuck: God go helep us, instead of fighing to extend his stay.
The poor masses are hungry, so they don't mind selling their conscience for peanuts
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by xakakes: 1:17am On Aug 09, 2013
It is more civilized when you get genuine information about a particular issue or topic before generalizing your points. some accuse the masses of Delta State for soliciting for the release of a convicted looter;I ask them two questions who are the masses talked about here(a bunch of indigenous beneficiaries cum hired crowds)and political butlers of the convicted ex-governor. We can not be deceived anymore what is bad is bad. A very large proportion of the Delta populace will always stand for justice,fairness,equity and good governance.Delta must be great,better and progress we don't celebrate corruption we abhors it in all totality. But I personally put it to the federal Government of Nigeria not to be playing the political slice games with the masses because lots of other ex-governors and other corrupt leaders still move freely in this country,Nigeria wake up we must move forward.we must stamp out corruption. God Bless Delta State and God help Nigeria
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by politicalpastor: 3:27am On Aug 09, 2013
they should all be ashamed of themselves, Nigeria now celebrating criminals even while in jail. jesus Christ. what kind of a country is this, no, no, this news cant be true. cos if it is , I politicalpastor will never return to Nigeria,. I now clearly see why Obama refuse to visit that country..

deandavid: FG urged to facilitate Ibori’s release from London jail

on August 08, 2013 / in News 1:20 am / Comments

OGHARA—MORE than one year after former Delta State governor, Chief James Ibori, was convicted by a London court, his kinsmen and key political stakeholders in Delta State have called on the Federal Government to facilitate his release and subsequent return to Nigeria, describing him as an epitome of infrastructural and human capital development in the state.

Niger Delta activist and Warri chief, Ayirimi Emami, who was among stakeholders that spoke to newsmen in Oghara, the country home of Chief Ibori, shortly after a novelty football match organised to celebrate the former governor’s 55th birthday, described his travail as political, adding that Ibori developed the youths, roads and other infrastructure to better the lots of Deltans.

Chief Emami, Chairman of Itsekiri Regional Development Committee, IRDC, said: “Despite being in prison, if Ibori happens to contest election now, he will win because he is a man of the people.”

Delta State Commissioner for Transport, Mr. Ben Igbakpa, an aide to Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan, Faith Majemite, a member on the board of the Delta State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission, DESOPADEC, Mr. Henry Ofa and other top political office holders in Delta State, who also bared their minds described the huge turn-out of people at the novelty football match played at the Oghara township stadium between Ibori United of Oghara and Ibori United of Warri as a testament of the ex governor’s popularity and developmental strides while he was in the saddle as Delta State chief executive.

An Oghara indigene, Simon Otobo opined that the Urhobo, who prayed for Ibori’s arrest were now regretting doing so because of the political gulf his absence was causing the Urhobo nation and pleaded for leniency on the part of the Nigerian and British governments.

An elderly woman and a commercial motorcycle rider, Omoko Rose and Edafewogho Ekawhen, respectively, commended the former governor for developing Oghara in Ethiope West Local Government Area of the state and appealed to the Federal Government to work towards Ibori’s release, noting that it would help stabilise the polity.

Delta State Commissioner for Transport, Mr. Ben Igbakpa, an aide to Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan, Faith Majemite, a member in the board of the Delta State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission, DESOPADEC, Mr. Henry Ofa and other top political office holders in Delta State, who also bared their minds described the huge turn-out of people at the novelty football match played at the Oghara township stadium between Ibori United of Oghara and Ibori United of Warri as a testament of the ex governor’s popularity and developmental strides while he was in the saddle as Delta State chief executive.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/fg-urged-to-facilitate-iboris-release-from-london-jail/#sthash.zBvrkGwd.dpuf
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by philogos4: 5:46am On Aug 09, 2013
Why not facilitate to put food on the poor mans table.
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by ovirihenry: 6:19pm On Aug 09, 2013
the truth is Ibori tried for delta state in terms of developent but the mistake made by him should not be use to cover tha good things him did for delta state
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by juman(m): 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
deandavid: When i hear comments like this, i begin to wonder if these politicians are really our problem or rather the masses

One nigeria is our problem.
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by goodtalk(m): 9:38pm On Aug 09, 2013
lipsrsealed[[i][/i]quote author=papil]Nigerians don't cease 2 amaze M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥,a criminal dat embezzeled a state's money & was rightly convictedȊ̝̊̅ڪ being praised by his people, U̶̲̥̅̊ can nvr be a sinner & also be a saint,it dosen't work 2gether.NEVER[/quote]
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2013
GOODLUCK BRING BACK IBORI SHAP SHAP IF TINIBU IS STILL A FREE MAN WHY ON EARTH SHOULD IBORI BE IN PRISON
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by enitanpopoola(m): 9:13am On Aug 10, 2013
undecided[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]I am not moved. No be Naija we dey? Shooo..
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Ferdinand2013(m): 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2013
Does that mean dat there are no good and educated youths in Delta state anymore? Or is it dat Deltans don't want CHANGE? If I may ask, what is so special about Ibori dat somone else can't do for u guys? Huh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Call For Restructuring Based On Selfish Interest ―buhari / Hidden Reason Senators Back Financial Autonomy For Lgs / "National Assembly Cannot Command Buhari’s Appearance" - Prof. Ben Nwabueze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.