Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,102 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail (15300 Views)

Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund / Metuh Issues First Statement Since His Release From Prison / Pro-biafrans March For Nnamdi Kanu And James Ibori's Release - IBTimes UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by kpozite(m): 8:08am On Aug 08, 2013
Poor folk were paid to play football and make silly comments, I 'm sure they didn't do that from their minds.
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Ejerry(m): 8:14am On Aug 08, 2013
C wat is left of naija.....I weep for myself and ma pple, we r doomed!
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Waspy(m): 8:19am On Aug 08, 2013
Dem pardom Alams, una no talk
Dem release Al-Musty, una kip shut
Why dem no go try free drag queen, E-bory?
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by AIYELE(m): 8:19am On Aug 08, 2013
E be like say this delta people son take "ESTACY"
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by AIYELE(m): 8:20am On Aug 08, 2013
AIYELE: E be like say this delta people don take "ESTACY"
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by ooshinibos: 8:24am On Aug 08, 2013
deandavid: When i hear comments like this, i begin to wonder if these politicians are really our problem or rather the masses
you got it right , Nigerian Mass is the problem , a leader is a reflection of his people and culture .Nigerian problem solved right there .you are the problem not jonathan
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by drnoel: 8:31am On Aug 08, 2013
lol, now this is a turnout of events. When you would think that Nigerians would learn but then imagine what people do? Sad thing is that our children are watching. Men!....our children are watching.
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by skullz: 8:32am On Aug 08, 2013
undecided
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by skullz: 8:32am On Aug 08, 2013
see how some nigerians are openly celebrating corruption and backwardness..
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 08, 2013
antiembezzle: Sahara reporters predicted the release of james ibori shortly after al mustapha's release. According to them, T. B joshua had told GEJ that with the release of the duo he is sure of his 2015 ambition. We are watching..
and T.B Joshua denied this. Smh for my country Nigeria.
https://www.nairaland.com/1368743/tb-joshua-not-behind-al-mustaphas
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 08, 2013
I have learnt not to take apc on top someone else's headache. Ibori defrauded Delta State and it seems Delta State people still love him very much. If Deltans want Ibori sent to Nigeria, it should be done. But for the sake of justice he must remain there in prison till the expiration of his term. It should serve as a lesson to thieving Governors and those gallivanting from states to states in the name of Governors forum, instead of putting their a.s.s down and working their states to success.

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by snappers: 8:50am On Aug 08, 2013
They think the British Justice systems is as foolish as the Nigerian justice systems. Why don't they have the same birthday ceremony in UK as they did in Nigeria .l am really worried something is definitely wrong with us.
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by unmask: 9:08am On Aug 08, 2013
so you guys can now see how I felt 2000 and so years ago....when people were chanting the name of barabas.....
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by oladapo83: 9:13am On Aug 08, 2013
N do dey think d@ d British govt will let him loose? Lailai it can't happen, cos he ws convicted 4 financial crimes committed in Britain. T's well sad
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by ceeethru(m): 9:13am On Aug 08, 2013
the released of chief james onanefe ibori could be perilous to Dr emmanuel uduaghan. so Dr emmanuel uduaghan will not even facilitate the release of his one time godfather...
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Davidbanky(m): 9:30am On Aug 08, 2013
deandavid: When i hear comments like this, i begin to wonder if these politicians are really our problem or rather the masses

That's what I suspect laggbaja meant when he said ' mumu ruling mumu in mumudom .
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Youngzedd(m): 9:36am On Aug 08, 2013
HE SHOULD REMAIN THERE TILL THY KINGDOM COME.

CHOP ALONE AND DIE ALONE.
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by 1oracle(m): 9:49am On Aug 08, 2013
This wasn't the first of this type of story. It is now extremely difficult to fight corruption in Nigeria because everything now is based on ethnic coronation.
Many yorubas will never agree that Tinubu is on the same level with Ibori. If Ibori didn't ran away from Nigeria, he would have been a stake holder in APC and then his sins will be forgiven.
Believe me if Ibori can start to criticize Jonathan from prison, Tinubu and all the APC members will start to praise him and crown him as a pillar of democracy and a hero.

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by 1oracle(m): 9:53am On Aug 08, 2013
Ejerry: C wat is left of naija.....I weep for myself and ma pple, we r doomed!
I still go with FALANA when he said that Nigeria is programmed to fail. ONE NIGERIA we hail thee. People should stop complaining because we still have One Nigeria which is more important than eradication of corruption.
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Immunity1555: 9:55am On Aug 08, 2013
[quote
author=deandavid]When i hear comments like this, i begin to wonder if
these politicians are really our problem or rather the masses[/quote],my dear,am also CONFUSE
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by omenka(m): 9:57am On Aug 08, 2013
Lagbaja was absolutely right afterall. Endorsements like this from ordinary Nigerians who bear the brunt of bad leadership embolden our opressors to further extend the bounderies of their wickedness!

I weep for my countrymen!
Hopelessness seems to have found a permanent residence in our land...
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by yormite: 10:01am On Aug 08, 2013
We are still far behind in dis country i have to move away from dis country after my first degree to get my own share of d American dream
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by pesty100(m): 10:02am On Aug 08, 2013
Why wont they talklike diz.... Hungry people after eating free food and drinking freee mineral in ibothief birthday
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by kabba7(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2013
I dont think in all honesty that Jonathan will attempt that stew..peed gamble of negotiating the release of Ibori the thief while the neck lace of a looter is hanging on his own neck too.
The unfortunate truth is that those who organise the football match and ibori has the same mentality of looters.
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by IYANGBALI: 10:12am On Aug 08, 2013
I weep for this country. I give up,it is finished.
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Mattin(m): 10:15am On Aug 08, 2013
abokinside: What do u expect from a country where mass illiteracy and endermic poverty is the order of the day, even the so called educated ones when they speak u know they are not any different from their illiterate counterpart. Anyway its the strategy of the thieving minute ruling elite class, "keep them poor and uneducated" then they become like sheeps, they will even strip themselves naked in courts when their oppressors are taken to court. Nigeria the land of mumucracy!!
well said brother...Revolution needed asap! but who will bell the cat
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by confusion247(m): 10:16am On Aug 08, 2013
raytony: Brethrens, I am in tears.
I am sure your tears came very late. I wonder why people forgot so soon. This bruhahaha didn't start with Ibori.
When two former inspector general of police was in a similar situation, their people organized a party for them. When Farouk lawal was in detention, arewa consultative forum and northern elders forum paid him a solidarity visit and condemned his detention. When Bode George was released from prison, was it not Nigerians that was celebrating with him and condemned Ribadu for prosecuting him.
One Nigeria is a country founded in deception and it can never stand the test of time. IBORI made the grave mistake of running away from Nigeria, If not he would have been like peter odili, Tinubu, Silva etc. Or the so called party elders, leaders and founding fathers.
For now we don't need distraction on our effort to deport reunite Nigerians with their families in Nigeria.
Ibori we just want to inform you to stay away from our land when you are released because if we see you in our land, we will deport reunite you with your family.
eko ni bajeoooo grin
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by omenka(m): 10:26am On Aug 08, 2013
kabba7: I dont think in all honesty that Jonathan will attempt that stew..peed gamble of negotiating the release of Ibori the thief while the neck lace of a looter is hanging on his own neck too.
The unfortunate truth is that those who organise the football match and ibori has the same mentality of looters.

He might not, not because he is too principled, but because they arnt allies.

What could be worse than the Alams pardon
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by collynzo2(m): 10:32am On Aug 08, 2013
antiembezzle: Sahara reporters predicted the release of james ibori shortly after al mustapha's release. According to them, T. B joshua had told GEJ that with the release of the duo he is sure of his 2015 ambition. We are watching..
Fortunately Ibori is not in a Nigerian prison.

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 08, 2013
1oracle:
This wasn't the first of this type of story. It is now extremely difficult to fight corruption in Nigeria because everything now is based on ethnic coronation.
Many yorubas will never agree that Tinubu is on the same level with Ibori. If Ibori didn't ran away from Nigeria, he would have been a stake holder in APC and then his sins will be forgiven.
Believe me if Ibori can start to criticize Jonathan from prison, Tinubu and all the APC members will start to praise him and crown him as a pillar of democracy and a hero.

Your comment is bereft of intelligence...why do you pipo always shout Tinubu's name when even the EFCC/PDP have not been able to pin anything on him several years out of power n without any immunity whatsoever

All this bandwagon effect of using d media to smear people when d courts are there should stop forthwith! Do u think its a child play to be in d opposition in a very vindictive nation like Nigeria? where d financial/security and intelligence arms of govt are deployed on all your activity 24/7

Is it a mere coincidence that apart from Tinubu,none of the past AD/AC/ACN governors had ever been taken to court for corrupt activities? Even Tinubu was exonerated by d ICPC 4 having some foreign accounts lately

Have u all bothered to find out what all d ACN past n present govs were doing before dey came in2 politics?

Do u kno dat Amosun has bn an external auditor of so many IOCs(International Oil Companies) before even joining ACN? Do u know that Kayode Fayemi was even a consultant for the Federal Govt during OBJ govt earning millions ever before he became a governor having been seconded form d UN as a Peace n Conflict Resolution expert all over d world? Have u heard that Abiola Ajimobi worked in Shell for several years and was even d MD/CEO of National Oil(Now Conoil) and has a refinery in Sao Tome N Principe before he joined politics? Or would anybody tell me Fola Adeola is a pauper if he had become a VP under Ribadu-someone who controls 2 banks(GTB n Sterling Bank-headed by his younger brother and a Oil n Gas company)

As much as I detest corruption,we should not join in d mass hysteria of calling every politician a thief...just as I wud never call someone like Peter Obi(Fidelity Bank) a pauper or a Prof Pat Utomi(who was for several years d Exec Vice Chairman of Bank PHB ) or even Orji Uzor Kalu(forget d political trial which has bn going on for several years without an end in sight)before joining politics

Whether we like it or not,paupers and someone devoid of any stellar achievement and a verifiable means of livelihood can not play our brand of politics which is highly monetised.

2 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by deandavid(m): 10:40am On Aug 08, 2013
obo_man:

The politicians came out of the masses bro..

How would some right-minded people want their government to facilitate the release of a thief?

He comes out, contest election, wins and continue to steal the birthright of your future generation, while the rest of your kinsmen wallow in poverty, insecurity and kidnapping?

Why do you all have to gather to celebrate the birthday of a thief if you all have dignity in the first place?

Nigerians on one side would glorify a thieving politician and on the other side rant about deplorable state of infrastructures in their communities... undecided undecided undecided

emi ke..celebrate a criminal's birthday? I wish i met any of those pple celebrating, in 1 on 1 encounter, i for ....i dnt even knw. A man dat has made my state and people stay in poverty deserve death sentence in my dictionary.
Re: FG Urged To Facilitate Ibori’s Release From London Jail by IYANGBALI: 10:42am On Aug 08, 2013
Youngzedd: HE SHOULD REMAIN THERE TILL THY KINGDOM COME.

CHOP ALONE AND DIE ALONE.
you mean him no settle you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"National Assembly Cannot Command Buhari’s Appearance" - Prof. Ben Nwabueze / Buhari Confers American, Spaniard, 200 Others With Nigeria Citizenship / Demolition Of Ekeukwu Market: Okorocha Turning Himself To A Tyrant- Imo Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.