Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,287 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? - Nairaland / General (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? (13780 Views)

Breaking News: He Has Been Sacked Finally (pic) / Very Hilarious: Mtn Just Sacked Linda Thomas,(pics) / Breaking News Inec Chairman Jega Has Been Sacked And Replaced. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Go Down)

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 09, 2013
Seun: After reading manmustwac's so-called explanation,
I am now 100% sure that I made the right decision.

He's not a good fit for my e-team, at the very least, &
it seems that he's deliberately trying to start a civil war.
At this point, I give up.

It's either Seun is trying to troll us, or he's proof that owing a website doesn't require much intellectually.

Unfollows thread.

8 Likes

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Bella3(f): 4:59am On Aug 09, 2013

And here we were thinking he was actually investigating the matter, when his mind was already made-up.

THE DICTATOR.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by ooman(m): 5:06am On Aug 09, 2013
Here in lies the worst e-government ever. How is this government different from Hitler's or Stalin's. GED's government is a million times better
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Ishilove: 5:07am On Aug 09, 2013
musKeeto:
At this point, I give up.

It's either Seun is trying to troll us, or he's proof that owing a website doesn't require much intellectually.

Unfollows thread.
Lol. When I read Seun's last statement, I was like 'WTF?'

I am still like 'WTF?' . I can't believe my eyes shocked
angry

Mehn, I would really hate to be in any court where Seun is the sole arbitrer of my fate because it is guranteed I will not have a fair hearing and investigations will be very shoddy.

As for MMW, let him just leave things as it is because the position of Mod is actually a favour to Seun so if the owner thinks he is unfit as a mod after excellently moderating this section for years, well, posterity will judge in the long run.

@Seun. Be careful with all these decisions you take in haste. Be very very very careful so that one day it doesn't come back to bite you in the asss.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by ooman(m): 5:22am On Aug 09, 2013

Its a disgrace to share nationality with you...am off except something sensible is done, enjoy your militancy.

2 Likes

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by tobechi20(m): 5:22am On Aug 09, 2013

THIS IS BECOMING CLEARER

mmw is a mod and should have acted as a poblic relation officer.he ought to defend the management decision even if it is against his personal ethics. Mmw should have in a way, tried to justify mac's action to christkid. Instead, he chose to join d masses to protest to nairaland management.

Seun has been observing this but decided to ignore. He saw mmw message and intentionally ignored it. Instead, he harboured grudges to mmw for not defending d management instead of joinin d masses to question certain managerial actions . He has therefor been looking for a reason to sack this " mass friendly" moderator.

Mmw finally gave him a reason by making a stupid comment which broke d rules. Seun didnt bother to ask him to explain himself,, he instantly sacked him and began searching for "christian" mod .

Manmustwac...hope uve learnt ur lesson.

Never chriticise ur oga at the top

always defend her action publicly

never use threatning words....

Since u can hide ur atheism and pretend ure christian publicly,this should be a small thing

4 Likes

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Mudley313: 5:27am On Aug 09, 2013
common nah, MMW was the fairer mod in this religion section; as an irreligious person, i've always expected him to sometimes atleast take my side stand up in my defense whenever i face the blatant biased persecution of the religious folks on here, but dude has always kept it neutral...dude was probably just frustrated by the tyrannical e-actions of that useless islam for muslim section mod...it's just sad the terrorist worshipers of an arabian peadophile, who probably consist of less than 1% of this forum members (cos almarajis no dey surf web), have been able to use what they know how to do best, threats, to shut down the liver of the forum owner...smh

4 Likes

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Ishilove: 5:56am On Aug 09, 2013
Hehehehehehe... The boy doesn't want wahala. The very 'unique' (y'all know what I mean by 'unique' wink wink ) nature of Islam and it's followers dictates that anything offensive to muslims should not be allowed in the Islam section, which includes 'questioning the Islamic faith'. We wouldn't want our muslim brethren in Nigeria to take to the streets to do what they are known all over the world for, would we? grin

The way Seun sees it, it mus'nt be a comment or thread on Nairaland that sparked off indignation and outrage [which we all know what that leads to in Islam's case] the world over, may God forbid!! shocked grin grin. That's what he means when he says MMW is trying to start a civil war... grin grin grin

I laugh in arabic. This whole issue gets more hilarious by the minute cheesy cheesy
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 09, 2013
tobechi20:

THIS IS BECOMING CLEARER

mmw is a mod and should have acted as a poblic relation officer.he ought to defend the management decision even if it is against his personal ethics. Mmw should have in a way, tried to justify mac's action to christkid. Instead, he chose to join d masses to protest to nairaland management.

Seun has been observing this but decided to ignore. He saw mmw message and intentionally ignored it. Instead, he harboured grudges to mmw for not defending d management instead of joinin d masses to question certain managerial actions . He has therefor been looking for a reason to sack this " mass friendly" moderator.

Mmw finally gave him a reason by making a stupid comment which broke d rules. Seun didnt bother to ask him to explain himself,, he instantly sacked him and began searching for "christian" mod .

Since u can hide ur atheism and pretend ure christian publicly,this should be a small thing

You hit the nail on the head! Mehn, I though I was the only one that understood what Seun was saying. Many people here claim to be smart but they can't run companies. Seun had to do what he did to protect his brand and not give precedence to other mods. You can't have a mod retaliating ('or taking care of it his own way' in his words) when he should be leading by example, if Tunji faltered or made a mistake, the mod should have reported to Seun instead of wanting to retaliate. You can't have someone like that on your team.
And what's the big deal in him contacting Seun about his suspension?
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 09, 2013

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

S. E. R. I. O. U. S. L. Y?!!!!
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 09, 2013
Beloved1993:

You hit the nail on the head! Mehn, I though I was the only one that understood what Seun was saying. Many people here claim to be smart but they can't run companies. Seun had to do what he did to protect his brand and not give precedence to other mods. You can't have a mod retaliating ('or taking care of it his own way' in his words) when he should be leading by example, if Tunji faltered or made a mistake, the mod should have reported to Seun instead of wanting to retaliate. You can't have someone like that on your team.
And what's the big deal in him contacting Seun about his suspension?

Bros, avoid embarrassing yourself in public. As much as,possible, let others do it for you.

9 Likes

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by An0nimus: 6:56am On Aug 09, 2013
yemi2plus2:
she says she don't want her name included in Seun's post, we all should respect that. Do you know how many people mynd have banned for that reason?
You fight for no-name calling but you call names? undecided

Ontopic: ish just took another twist but I fear a decision has been made. It does look irrevocable too. You don't joke with a man's ego.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by mcfynest(m): 7:06am On Aug 09, 2013
oga seun, mtn, imdomie, omo, and many others were ones monopolizing among nigerians, but today, you go fear competition. it is your business.

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 09, 2013

Looked like the dictator's mind has already been made up.

*Unfollows thread*
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by maclatunji: 7:11am On Aug 09, 2013
Seun: @truthidlight: see your answers below
(1) I hereby call on Maclatunji to explain his reasons for hiding that post.
(2) When maclatunji gives his reasons, we will judge them with respect to the rules of Nairaland.
(3) When we have judged his actions, we will be able to answer this question.

Just seeing this, let me just quote my answer given in the Moderators section.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:14am On Aug 09, 2013
What have we learned from all this!? We are simply food and oil grease for this engine called Nairaland. When the driver has covered enough distance, it is time for an oil change. We are nothing more

1 Like

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by maclatunji: 7:16am On Aug 09, 2013
As Seun requested, my reason for hiding Christkid's post which seems to be the source of controversy:

maclatunji: I have a long lecture at hand here.

Let me make an attempt.

In the name of God, the Most Beneficient, the Most Merciful

I have been asked to explain why I hid this thread thereby hopefully addressing the controversy that action has generated.

First off all, the presentation of the Qur'an and its interpretation is a distinct field of knowledge in Islam. It is offensive for a Muslim who has not been trained in this field to present verses of the Qur'an [b]as he/she pleases[/b]without understand the context within which they were revealed, the linguistic connotations of the words used and a load of other rules to be observed. In layman parlance, this is why Muslims attend Tafsir (Lectures n the interpretation of the Qur'an) especially in Ramadan.

Please note that all I have written so far relates to Muslims. Extending this to Non-Muslims, it becomes highly offensive for a Non-Muslim who by virtue of the way he posted does not understand the Qur'an (I doubt he could identify the beginning from the end if I gave him copy)quotes a verse out of its proper context and then uses it as a basis to make a most repugnant request- "A curse that should lead to his death".

Secondly, that request is by itself offensive, that makes two offenses. Quoting the Qur'an out of context and requesting for a curse. Before, you start thinking: "these Muslims always want separate rules". The request for a curse that leads to death is in contravention of rule 2: "Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member." I believe that includes asking for yourself to be cursed.

Thirdly, the creator of that thread expressly stated that he only created the thread because a Muslim created another thread first in the Religion section. My reaction to that is simple- complain to the Moderators in that section and if for some reason they allow such a thread. Know that I will not tolerate such distasteful threads/posts on any platform I moderate- the fact that you are not a Muslim does not mean you should have no decency or social etiquette and decorum.

I am trying not to post an epistle here and will stop here. I hope this addresses this issue sufficiently.

Thank you.

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 09, 2013
^^^^
What nonsense am I reading here?

Did Christ Kid insult muslims or challenge them to a test?

Please post the relevant parts of the thread so that we know that you are not making up false accusations to cover up your tyranny
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by manmustwac(m): 7:28am On Aug 09, 2013
tobechi20:

THIS IS BECOMING CLEARER

You are 100% right. It reminds me of a time longtime ago when i had just become a mod when i was warned by Seun for going against the management in a comment i made in another section. It also explains why he wants christian only mods now he cant afford to take the risk with another atheist.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 09, 2013
maclatunji: As Seun requested, my reason for hiding Christkid's post which seems to be the source of controversy:

Is nairaland a muslim organisation where you interpretation rule applies? The last time I checked the FOI bill have been passed and every Nigerian has freedem of expression and the right to ask question.

@Seun

Nairaland have come a long way,I will advise you not to allow the likes of mactunji to destroy all your efforts.If majority of people here who are xtians get offended and leave your site,you will be the ultimate looser.

What makes nairaland fun is the ability for one to express himself/herself.Tunji cannot be allowed to start implementing sharia laws on these forum.

Kindly respond to that his provocative 'explanation'.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 09, 2013
maclatunji: As Seun requested, my reason for hiding Christkid's post which seems to be the source of controversy:

Seun/Javanian posted the relevant part of the comment which were the source of controversy.

Now, are you too big to do the same? We dont want explanations without evidence
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by mcfynest(m): 7:40am On Aug 09, 2013
tunji!!! is nairaland a muslim site? nairaland needs a strong competitor. if majority of nairaland users want mmwc back,then you dont have much choice than to give ears to them since they are the engine that keeps the car moving. but if you dont listen, then you are not different from the political oga @ the top.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by mazaje(m): 7:46am On Aug 09, 2013

What is this nonsense Seun?. . . .
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Ishilove: 7:51am On Aug 09, 2013

Teeehehehehehehe... cheesy cheesy cheesy

That aside. MMW was a mod like you, hence professional courtesy demanded you explain all these to him when he complained, not hide his posts and ignore him. Curse or no curse, what you did was very wrong. WRONG
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by cyrexx: 7:54am On Aug 09, 2013
This is what happens when an organisation has no strong competitor. The management just take any action without considering his customer's wants,cos they know you have nowhere else to go. Reminds me of Microsoft in their glory days. Now, they cant just do anything they like or they lose significant market share and that may wreck the company.

Seun, I know nairaland is your baby but without us, your one million users (majority of whom are non-muslims), your site is as good as nothing. Dont begin taking steps that will generate negative sentiments towards you from your non-muslim users.

Dont, because as soon as a strong competitor comes along.... you know what can happen.

2 Likes

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by thehomer: 7:56am On Aug 09, 2013
Javanian: @all i am a regular viewer in this section and also a moderator, i am not here to defend Seun but he didn't remove MMW because he had a clash with maclatunji

The bolded was the reason, Seun takes threats from his moderators very seriously, the last time a mod made this type of threat the aftermath was bad, she tried to vandalize the forum and since then Seun doesn't joke with such threats. I don't know what mmw had in mind but he should p.m. Seun and tell him he meant no harm to the forum. Maybe, just maybe Seun would reverse his action but till then i believe this suspension is indefinite...

If that quote is a threat, it is a threat against who? Is this not something that manmustwac could have been asked to clarify before being summarily dismissed? This looks to me like a judgement delivered based on mind reading. You gave an example of someone who tried to vandalize the forum which looks to me like you're suggesting that it is something manmustwac would do. But is it really? There are many other options here like he could have decided to ban all Muslim posts or something even less drastic. My point is that we won't know unless he was actually asked.

While reversing his actions would be welcome, it does make one question his judgement. He apparently feels that two born again Christian mods policing the religion section is an appropriate response to banning the only atheist mod. So we would have atheists who are a vocal minority here being policed in this section by one ban-happy Muslim and three Christians.

1 Like

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Seun(m): 7:57am On Aug 09, 2013
I'm sorry that you all hate my decision, but I will not reinstate manmustwac because that would be a stupid mistake on my part. I understand that I will be demonized and called all sorts of horrible names for this, but I'm now 100% sure that manmustwac deserves his removal.

My decision to appoint real Christian moderators was made a long time ago, because I noticed that the current moderators were contributing to the perception of pro-muslim bias because they refused to submit pro-Christian topics for the home page even on Sundays. Jesoul was inactive and manmustwac only seemed to recommend anti-Christian topics for the home page, so I've been planning to fix that.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by cyrexx: 8:01am On Aug 09, 2013
^^^

Nice strategy.

Make it look like you are doing Christians a favour by unjustly removing a mod and unduly favouring your ayatollah maclatunji over any other mod. Now, no mod will ever challenge your ayatollah again or else he lose his job. I know that your intentions are not really about doing christians any favour, anybody can see that.

If you really wanted to replace Jesoul, you could have just done it or get another active christian moderator.

this decision to remove MMW over an issue with your ayatollah is just dissappointing and betrays the respect I had for you

2 Likes

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by thehomer: 8:01am On Aug 09, 2013
Javanian:

Sorry if my comment doesn't appeal to you i was only trying to clear the air, I would have done same if i were in Seun shoes, he is trying to protect his business, he spent years trying to take NL to his level you don't expect him to relax and do nothing he is protecting his empire....

All MMW has to do is p.m. Seun so that they can talk things out!

Why can't Seun pm manmustwac? Last time I heard, being a mod was voluntary and not a paid position. Or are mods now being paid? What we seem to have here is a business where one person reaps all the profit, doesn't pay people who have volunteered their resources for quite a while yet doesn't feel comfortable approaching them to smooth things out.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Ishilove: 8:02am On Aug 09, 2013
Seun: I'm sorry that you all hate my decision, but I will not reinstate manmustwac because that would be a stupid mistake on my part. I understand that I will be demonized and called all sorts of horrible names for this, but I'm 100% sure that manmustwac deserves his removal.

My decision to appoint real Christian moderators was made a long time ago, because I noticed that the current moderators were contributing to the perception of pro-muslim bias because they refused to submit pro-Christian topics for the home page even on Sundays. Jesoul was inactive and manmustwac only seemed to recommend anti-Christian topics for the home page, so I've been planning to fix that.
Haaa, the plot thickens... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by thehomer: 8:03am On Aug 09, 2013
Seun: It's unfortunate that the removal of manmustwac has been upsetting to you folks. Clearly he was a beloved moderator. I apologize for my role in his removal. However, manmustwac knew exactly what was going to happen when he made that threat. He saw what happened to MsDarkSkin, Odunnu, & Cuddlemii. I think he deserves at least as much blame for his role in this situation. Moreso he hasn't asked me to reinstate him.

Why don't you ask him to clarify his comments? Why can't you be the one to reach out?
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2013
[size=14pt]@seun ,
If u re laying manmustwac off based solely on dat comment , I tink dat ain't consequential enough 4 a dismissal.
Ur team is professionally organized n it has 2 treat all issues professionally, he cud b damn in oda ways . Perhaps 4 cautioning.

Sack is not always d 1st option.
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19)

Have You Experienced Slowness Or Inability To Access Nairaland Recently? / Who Is Your Favourite Nairalander And Why? / Brain Teaser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.