Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,665 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? (13697 Views)

Breaking News: He Has Been Sacked Finally (pic) / Very Hilarious: Mtn Just Sacked Linda Thomas,(pics) / Breaking News Inec Chairman Jega Has Been Sacked And Replaced. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Go Down)

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 08, 2013
ooman:

yea with you in the same room tongue
grin grin angry
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by truthislight: 11:34am On Aug 08, 2013
to get Seun attention, a thread or a comment with a link to this thread can be made on other sections and mods thread inviting Seun here first.

Then, we hear from him first.

He deserves that ^ consideration and respect as the owner of the forum.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Goshen360(m): 11:35am On Aug 08, 2013
truthislight:

STOP ATTACKING PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD, ELSE THE THREAD WILL BE LEFT TO YOU ALONE TO FIGHT.

Best you can do is correct a comment if you perceive a wrong statement.

I have to tolerate him sometimes. Honestly, if that little boy pushes me to the wall, he will see the other side of me. He's been doing that for long and I just have to ignore him.

There're things going behind closed doors (in the moderator session) that is not known to the general public or should not be known and first is to demand explanation to such action why MMW was treated in such manner.

2. Personally, I will not support such (if he was removed) and if he had to be replaced, it MUST still be an Atheist. That's my personal opinion. But on the other hand, like you said earlier MMW says things he shouldn't be saying on a general floor and he admits that. I would think a warning will do the correction. Again, we don't also know if he had been warned behind closed doors in the past and then this one.

3. I will wait until things are clear enough to us (hopefully an explanation from SEUN) before I follow after the decisions on what we should do.

2 Likes

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by truthislight: 11:37am On Aug 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Goshen was speaking in riddles in a serious matter. You too,you were talking xxxx until i told you to shut up.

We should stick to the topic

you are becoming a distraction to this thread with your tantrums.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Goshen360(m): 11:39am On Aug 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Goshen was speaking in riddles in a serious matter. You too,you were talking xxxx until i told you to shut up.

We should stick to the topic

And what if I speak in parables? Can't you ask me what I meant rather than attacking my person? angry The same way you are in a haste to conclude about this matter you also concluded about what I meant until I explained when Reyginus said something in the light of what I intended. STOP THIS YOUR PERSONAL ATTACK ON ME!
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2013
ooman:

Couldnt agree more.

Atheists, what is our future on this forum if Mac becomes the ruling mod? Are we in hell already? shocked
Atheists and christian alike, we might as well share the same fate on Nairaland.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by ooman(m): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2013
Goshen360:

And what if I speak in parables? Can't you ask me what I meant rather than attacking my person? angry The same way you are in a haste to conclude about this matter you also concluded about what I meant until I explained when Reyginus said something in the light of what I intended. STOP THIS YOUR PERSONAL ATTACK ON ME!

Paranoia..

2 Likes

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 08, 2013
Goshen360:

I have to tolerate him sometimes. Honestly, if that little boy pushes me to the wall, he will see the other side of me. He's been doing that for long and I just have to ignore him.

There're things going behind closed doors (in the moderator session) that is not known to the general public or should not be known and first is to demand explanation to such action why MMW was treated in such manner.

2. Personally, I will not support such (if he was removed) and if he had to be replaced, it MUST still be an Atheist. That's my personal opinion. But on the other hand, like you said earlier MMW says things he shouldn't be saying on a general floor and he admits that. I would think a warning will do the correction. Again, we don't also know if he had been warned behind closed doors in the past and then this one.

3. I will wait until things are clear enough to us (hopefully an explanation from SEUN) before I follow after the decisions on what we should do.

Why didnt you make this point in the first place?
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Goshen360(m): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2013
ooman:

Paranoia..

grin
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:45am On Aug 08, 2013
Last time I checked NL is a privately owned business,
Seun reserves the right to do as he please.

After all he refused to change my moniker in my favourite account and even went on to antagonise Jesoul on the same issue....

ManMustWac...my fav atheist, we can actually start our own forum.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:46am On Aug 08, 2013
Goshen360:

like Seun will come down and deal with this matter?

On Nairaland its either the Muslim ways or you take a hike we are all aware of that, If Seun feels like MMW wasn't doing a good job anymore its his decision to sack him, and replace him with whomever he wants or whomever his righthand man thinks would be suitable.

Monitors comes and goes so let's all swallow this bitter pill, won't be for too long.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Goshen360(m): 11:48am On Aug 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Why didnt you make this point in the first place?

I'm not your errand boi. I need to know what's going on first (information and\or details) and reasons behind the action before I follow after. Next time, if you don't understand what I meant, kindly ask me and don't attack my person.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:48am On Aug 08, 2013
Frontpage please....
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 08, 2013
Reyginus: I don't think that is even the way to start.
I think first of all, an explanation should be sort after by the honorable members of the religion section.
Then, we weigh the rationality in the explanatuon given.
If we find it highly irrational in all ramifications, then we demand for the implementation of justice by him, thus, relegating his irrationality to the dust bin.
Then we can be justfied in our demand for MMW reinstatement.
If on the other hand, seun's decision is rational, we ask MMW to submit an apology.

Good idea but still this matter should have been resolved without having to remove MMC's name as one of the moderators of this section.

I agree with your suggestion though!
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by ooman(m): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Last time I checked NL is a privately owned business,
Seun reserves the right to do as he please.

After all he refused to change my moniker in my favourite account and even went on to antagonise Jesoul on the same issue....

ManMustWac...my fav atheist, we can actually start our own forum.

yea? that's cool... what do you have in mind?
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 08, 2013
another victory for sadists jihadist over infidels, and seun is the tool. i thought he was a freethinker with atleast smart IQ embarassed
smh.
getting pissed already sad

1 Like

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 08, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Seun owns nairaland. Islamists own Seun.

Frankly I don't blame Seun for trying to watch his back. He can be traced easily and I am sure no one would take threats by some 'elements' lightly but the way he went about this is not right in my view.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 08, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: like Seun will come down and deal with this matter?

On Nairaland its either the Muslim ways or you take a hike we are all aware of that, If Seun feels like MMW wasn't doing a good job anymore its his decision to sack him, and replace him with whomever he wants or whomever his righthand man thinks would be suitable.

Monitors comes and goes so let's all swallow this bitter pill, won't be for too long.
interesting

1 Like

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:56am On Aug 08, 2013
ooman:

yea? that's cool... what do you have in mind?

I love nairaland's format but we'll adjust the template...

Make it more mobile device friendly or even make it an app..lots of crazy ideas.

Allow the users to have more control over the content, vote topics to the FP and vote down to remove topics..

Have a distinct Christian, Atheist and Islam section, but a general section where we can all rumble

2 Likes

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 08, 2013
Goshen360: Why can't you people tell your the truth on this matter?

Answer: Because you don't like the truth.

First, was he (mmc) SUSPENDED OR REMOVED as a moderator?

Until we have an answer, lipsrsealed

...and you forgot to tell us what this TRUTH is

I respect you but this comment is silly!!!

If JeSoul was the one involved would you have said the same?
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 08, 2013
striktlymi:

Good idea but still this matter should have been resolved without having to remove MMC's name as one of the moderators of this section.

I agree with your suggestion though!
Let's wait for the oga at the top.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2013
truthislight:

STOP ATTACKING PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD, ELSE THE THREAD WILL BE LEFT TO YOU ALONE TO FIGHT.

Best you can do is correct a comment if you perceive a wrong statement.

LB did not start it!!!
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by ooman(m): 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

I love nairaland's format but we'll adjust the template...

Make it more mobile device friendly or even make it an app..lots of crazy ideas.

Allow the users to have more control over the content, vote topics to the FP and vote down to remove topics..

Have a distinct Christian, Atheist and Islam section, but a general section where we can all rumble

good dream, hope to see it actualize one day
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2013
Reyginus: Let's wait for the oga at the top.
m holding you on this one, If he does not tell us what's in the ovenangry m having your head for dinner.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by ooman(m): 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2013
Reyginus: Let's wait for the oga at the top.

He is now here, waiting....
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2013
MMW is a great Mod,his ability to carry out his duties without bias is phenomenal.

1 Like

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by DeepSight(m): 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2013
striktlymi:

Why not start with a post in the mod section asking people to click on the "like" button if they want MMC back. We might get enough members to sway Seun, just saying!

Mod section is only open to Mods.

We do the thread in the open religious section. The opening post states the case very clearly and concisely and sets it out as what it is: radical discriminatory preferential treatment in favor of Islam - which by this action, has been taken to an extreme.

I say it yet again: the mere existence of a separate muslim section on a public forum such as this is a huge anomaly, and in itself remains an eternal testament to the radical intolerance of Islam. It also remains a testament to the FEAR that islamic violence has instilled in people: no amount of peaceful clamoring over the years for a Christian section has produced any result: notwithstanding that it is only fair and only makes sense. But one single threat from a Jihadist, and you have an Islamic section, a holy and sacred land not to be touched by any one else. Its the height of discriminatory fear, in fact, in so doing, the owner of this site, Seun, is actually actively encouraging Islamic violence - because he is showing that it works - he is responding to it and kow-towing to it, submitting to its threats and demands, while ignoring the religion that begs peacefully for a similar space for itself.

Now after all this, you have a situation where an atheist mod disagrees with the actions of the muslim mod. The atheist mods comments are simply hidden, and then he is summarily removed as a mod. In all this, not a word of explanation is given by the muslim mod or the admin. Fear. The deepest reign of terror and fear.

This is unacceptable.

Aside from opening that thread to sign "Like" petitions, we should consider stronger action such as advising Christian organizations of the terrible discrimination against Christianity that is practiced by Nairaland, and perhaps go as far as ensuring that Christian businesses cease to patronize this site, and Christian organizations write articles in the newspapers about this open discrimination on Nairaland - Africa's largest forum - against Christians, on account of fear of Islamic violence.

A forum boasting a membership of over one million people, cannot and should not be run like a private fiefdom, not even when it is owned by one man.

15 Likes

Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Frontpage please....

Who will bell the cat?
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: m holding you on this one, If he does not tell us what's in the ovenangry m having your head for dinner.
Lolol. That won't be necessary.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2013
Deep Sight:

Mod section is only open to Mods.

I meant the thread for complaints to the mods.

Deep Sight:
We do the thread in the open religious section.

Agreed!

Deep Sight:
The opening post states the case very clearly and concisely and sets it out as what it is: radical discriminatory preferential treatment in favor of Islam - which by this action, has been taken to an extreme.

I know about fighting against the 'discipline' imposed on manmustwack but don't you think fighting against this "preferential treatment in favour of Islam" is a different matter?

Deep Sight:
I say it yet again: the mere existence of a separate muslim section on a public forum such as this is a huge anomaly, and in itself remains an eternal testament to the radical intolerance of Islam. It also remains a testament to the FEAR that islamic violence has instilled in people: no amount of peaceful clamoring over the years for a Christian section has produced any result: notwithstanding that it is only fair and only makes sense. But one single threat from a Jihadist, and you have an Islamic section, a holy and sacred land not to be touched by any one else. Its the height of discriminatory fear, in fact, in so doing, the owner of this site, Seun, is actually actively encouraging Islamic violence - because he is showing that it works - he is responding to it and kow-towing to it, submitting to its threats and demands, while ignoring the religion that begs peacefully for a similar space for itself.

I have to say that I understand Seun's preferences. We are not the once threatened. Let's cut him some slack here.

Deep Sight:
Now after all this, you have a situation where an atheist mod disagrees with the actions of the muslim mod. The atheist mods comments are simply hidden, and then he is summarily removed as a mod. In all this, not a word of explanation is given by the muslim mod or the admin. Fear. The deepest reign of terror and fear.

This is unacceptable.

I agree! It is unacceptable!

Deep Sight:
Aside from opening that thread to sign "Like" petitions, we should consider stronger action such as advising Christian organizations of the terrible discrimination against Christianity that is practiced by Nairaland, and perhaps go as far as ensuring that Christian businesses cease to patronize this site, and Christian organizations write articles in the newspapers about this open discrimination on Nairaland - Africa's largest forum - against Christians, on account of fear of Islamic violence.

A forum boasting a membership of over one million people, cannot and should not be run like a private fiefdom, not even when it is owned by one man.

The stronger actions might not be necessary if you ask me.
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by ooman(m): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2013
striktlymi:

Agreed!

I know about fighting against the 'discipline' imposed on manmustwack but don't you think fighting against this "preferential treatment in favour of Islam" is a different matter?

I have to say that I understand Seun's preferences. We are not the once threatened. Let's cut him some slack here.

you are just afraid the islamists will threaten your life too...
Re: Has Manmustwac Been Sacked? by DeepSight(m): 12:41pm On Aug 08, 2013
striktlymi:

Agreed!

You are contradicting yourself. You say that the situation is unacceptable and then you say that the stronger actions are not necessary. What then is necessary - weaker actions? You have two major religions in this country. One religion issues a threat, and gets its own space on nairaland. The other religion begs and begs for YEARS - PEACEFULLY for its own space as well, and is eternally ignored.

What is that, if not an open encouragement to practice violence and to issue threats?

It is an endorsement of violence and threats as the only things that work.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19)

Having A Rough 2019 So Far? Read THIS / Your Month of Birth And What It Says About You! / Biggest Sea Creature Ever Caught?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.