Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun (21859 Views)

Nigerian Army Finally Reunites Chibok... / List Of 46 Bills The Nigerian Senate Passed Yesterday / Senate Passes 46 Bills In 10mins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by EkoAtlantic: 6:29am On Aug 08, 2013
Written by  Oluwole Ige - Osogbo Thursday, 08 August 2013 04:07

AMID  growing controversy  over the evacuation of some non-Lagosians from Lagos State to states of their origin, Osun State government, on Wednesday, received 46 destitues evacuated from Lagos State.

Receiving the destitue at the National Youth Development Centre, Ode-Omu, on Wednesday, the Special Adviser to Governor Rauf Aregbesola, on Youths, Sports and Special Needs, Honourable Biyi Odunlade, said the state government welcomed the request of the Lagos State government to evacuate the affected people, because “we are responsible.”

He hinted that over 100 destitutes had been repatriated to Osun  from Lagos, Oyo and other places since the current administration came on board, adding “we were invited by Lagos State to come and pick our brothers and sisters, who are destitutes and 46 persons were brought, out of which we discovered that just 26 were actually indigenes of the state, comprising 19 men, five women and two children, who were from different local governments in the state.

According to Odunlade, “it is our responsibility to take the matter up, as the governor believes in quick and responsive government; that is why the state government insisted that anytime Lagos invites  us for their evacuation, we should respond in good time.
“However, it is unfortunate that most states did not respond to the exercise, which is not good enough, because these people are part of us; we have their relations with us here.”

Odunlade attributed the present harsh situation in the country to the increasing number of destitute in the country, observing that most of them were abandoned by their parents and relations due to their health issues.
He  stated that the Osun State government was ready to take good care of the received destitute, both medically and mentally, in order for them to live normal lives and later reunite with their families.

While noting that Osun State government does not discriminate in rehabilitation of the destitute, Odunlade, however, maintained that the government would not tolerate street-begging, saying “we have started handling their cases and would not relent until they get better.”
Concerning the two children, Odunlade disclosed that the Department of Youth and Social Welfare would take care of them.

Giving a statistical breakdown of the destitute brought back to the state, Odunlade, said on April 27, 2010, 47 beggars and destitutes were returned from  Lagos to Osogbo.  On October 4, 2010, 13 persons were again brought form Lagos and reunited with their relations in the state.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/18634-lagos-%E2%80%98deports%E2%80%99-another-46-to-osun.html
Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by EkoAtlantic: 6:31am On Aug 08, 2013
This is what a responsible state government who has the welfare and the well being of her people in mind. Not those who ran (as they always do) to Aso rock like cry babies and weep on Mr Jona.

Osun A Dara.

77 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by eightsin(m): 6:40am On Aug 08, 2013
Owkay...just passingby...i will coment letter.
Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by raytony: 6:40am On Aug 08, 2013
Hehehehe. These governors are clowns sha. Reunion my foot. Deportation in disguise. Osun only received them in good faith because they are both ACN led Government.

32 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by Dreal1247: 6:40am On Aug 08, 2013
Eko Atlantic: This is what a responsible state government who has welfare and well being of her people in mind. Not those who ran to Aso rock like cry babies to Mr Jona.

Osun A Dara.
Who ran to Aso Rock like a crying baby? Were the Osun indigens dumped at 3.00 am? Moreover, they want to use this to cover up the ill treatment given to Igbos.

70 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by billante(m): 6:45am On Aug 08, 2013
However, it is unfortunate that most states did not respond to the exercise, which is not good enough, because these people are part of us; we have their relations with us here.

Once I saw that part it became as clear as the biblical MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN that it is an APC pre arranged drama!

Let them keep decieving themselves!

61 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by EkoAtlantic: 6:50am On Aug 08, 2013
Dreal1247: .
Who ran to Aso Rock like a crying baby? Were the Osun indigens dumped at 3.00 am? Moreover, they want to use this to cover up the ill treatment given to Igbos.

135 were reunited from Lagos to Osun in 2010, you mean they did this because of 2013 ibos deportation?! grin

74 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by EkoAtlantic: 6:54am On Aug 08, 2013
billante:

Once I saw that part it became as clear as the biblical MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN that it is an APC pre arranged drama!

Prearranged program and 3000 were reunited with their relations in Kaduna in 2011?

Is there any move we make that you people won't term as something else to show how tribalistic you are? grin

51 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by KwoiZabo(m): 6:56am On Aug 08, 2013
Eko Atlantic: This is what a responsible state government who has the welfare and the well being of her people in mind. Not those who ran (as they always do) to Aso rock like cry babies and weep on Mr Jona.

Osun A Dara.
na you post. na you comment.
now let me tell all of you, all these proliferation of news on deportation is just to make what fashola did to look mild but we cannot be deceived. what fashola did is bad, an insult to igbos, condemn able in all its ramifications. how on earth can you justify dumping 72 citizens under a bridge in their own country at the dead of the night in the name of reconciling them with their family. what rubbish.

42 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by mascot87(m): 7:02am On Aug 08, 2013
billante:

The earth and everything inside both living and non living things are highly disappointed in your statement. They all STH(Shake there head) for you. angry

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by malc619(m): 7:03am On Aug 08, 2013
Instead of telling bare-faced lies and exhibiting crass ethnic bigotry, Peter Adaobi should have acted in the same way as Rauf.

Fashola should not relent in reuniting the destitutes in Lagos state with their families wherever they are.

Lagos must not Baje!! Never!!!

Not until I buy my land in Eko Atlantic, build my mansion and dwell in it for at least 35 years...

cool cool

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 08, 2013
very soon people from the east/south/north go hustle visa to enter lag
#operation turn Lagos to London

let's see what happens to the hausa destitutes

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by luvinhubby(m): 7:10am On Aug 08, 2013
FACE SAVING DECEPTION.
It is too late, breeze don blow and we have seen fowl yansh. grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by KwoiZabo(m): 7:21am On Aug 08, 2013
cheesy
billante:

i saw it hovering around the political Bermuda triangle grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by talktimi(m): 7:24am On Aug 08, 2013
At least they were not kidnapped, drilled in concentration camps for months, packed in trucks & dumped in a distant state by 3am in the morning. I guess its because they are not..... I no talk anything o

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by EkoAtlantic: 7:33am On Aug 08, 2013
KwoiZabo:
now let me tell all of you, all these proliferation of news on deportation is just to make what fashola did to look mild but we cannot be deceived. what fashola did is bad, an insult to igbos, condemn able in all its ramifications. how on earth can you justify dumping 72 citizens under a bridge in their own country at the dead of the night in the name of reconciling them with their family. what rubbish.

Eko Atlantic:

135 were reunited from Lagos to Osun in 2010, you mean they did this because of 2013 ibos deportation?! grin
Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 08, 2013
KwoiZabo: na you post. na you comment.

If you think that taking back home 14 clearly known destitute is hurting Ibos good luck ....go to court!

You guys are threatening and when push come to shove...all you scums will carry your bags and run to the east. Wait till it dies down and you then start trooping back to the west like the stubborn goats you are. Just like Osuji rightly said.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by EkoAtlantic: 7:42am On Aug 08, 2013
-Yorubas from other states in SW were reunited in 2011 You ibos hailed Fashola.
-Northerners were reunited, you ibos laughed at them.
-Ibos were reunited, you ibos ran to aso rock, cried like babies and shouted genocide.
-Yorubas(Osun) again were reunited, you ibos termed the action as one to justify the earlier ibos deportation.

Tribalism and timidity at its peak.
grin grin

62 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by Majikals(m): 7:49am On Aug 08, 2013
I just sit down d look until e reach my turn 2run d country....by d way,somebody pls tell ASUU dat d re pausing my progress

1 Like

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by Redoil: 7:52am On Aug 08, 2013
In fela voice.
All na arranggee by arrangee masters of of the APC and their E-cocroach.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by Redoil: 7:55am On Aug 08, 2013
talktimi: At least they were not kidnapped, drilled in concentration camps for months, packed in trucks & dumped in a distant state by 3am in the morning. I guess its because they are not..... I no talk anything o
no fear say what ever you like i dey ur back.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by ZUBY77(m): 7:55am On Aug 08, 2013
propaganda continues.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by Remii(m): 7:57am On Aug 08, 2013
Uhmn, people lived their productive lives in a state, pay tax to that state, made money and probably loose that money in that state, then declared destitute by that state and later deported to one "home state" where they probably never identified with it, never paid tax to, never spent money in, probably never born in or never visited after moving to the so called greener pasture state. Lessons learned " Do Not Forget Your Root? Ile la bo isimi oko.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by Goddex: 7:58am On Aug 08, 2013
Politics!! Politics!! Politics!! Politics!!

The game is to hurriedly arrange similar thing to Osun to create an impression. But Nigerians are wiser than this rubbish Oga Aregbesola and Baba Fashola

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by Afrocatalyst: 8:00am On Aug 08, 2013
Dnt forget your root.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by SlyIg(f): 8:01am On Aug 08, 2013
The correct and better terms are in use now. Lolssss...
Reuniting things on Fashola's mind!
Eko oni baje o o ...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by Seriousbusiness: 8:02am On Aug 08, 2013
Dreal1247: .

I think the traveling distance with the hold up from Lagos to Anambra is less than 10mins?

Eko onibaje

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by goodslayer: 8:02am On Aug 08, 2013
we know peeps that cry when same thing they rejoice over when done to northerns and others befalls them.

Ouk and the other clowns no go court again. Bunch of cry babies singing cry me a river in peter adaobi's voice.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by slimfit1(m): 8:05am On Aug 08, 2013
Igbo people don't know how to treat or welcome visitors. The south west show love and kindness. This is what fashola is doing if your drains are not clicking. What is the point of coming to a place were you have no family and friends you may end up becoming a thief after a while. Some people have been in lagos with out job offer even when they have family and friends. Do you want fashola to build mansion for them? What exactly do you want. Everybody want to come to lagos it's not possible.

There is a social problem here. What lagos is doing is not right that is a fact but is their any other option really no. Let the igbo people start telling their governors to start creating jobs for their people and stop worrying about unnecessary issues.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by phayvoursky(m): 8:05am On Aug 08, 2013
anyways as i no get anytin to say. make my hand write wetn de him mind.

WETIN CONCERN ME. DEM NO DEPORT ME,NEIDA HAS MY LAGOS VISA EXPIRED... IF UR VISA EXPIRE? RENEW AM.
Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 08, 2013
For every action there is always a negative reactions from these bigot set of people. How can we move forward as a country with these bad belle ppl??
Re: Lagos Reunites 46 With Their Relations In Osun by free2ryhme: 8:07am On Aug 08, 2013
reunite has become another name for Repatriation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Brazil To Sell 3 Super Tucano Aircrafts To Nigeria / Aliyu Adekunle, Arrested Vanguard Editor In Black Maria, Ipad Broken (Video) / I Tried Thrice To Get Jonathan To Confer GCFR On MKO — Kola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.