Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Catholism- Focus On Relics - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholism- Focus On Relics (7674 Views)

Catholism- Focus On Mortification And Penance / My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection / 5 Reasons Why Catholism Is Not Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by superior1: 8:10pm On Aug 09, 2013
damerry: for me, it's Not a big deal. My top priority is to make Heaven, what happens to the Body after death is Meant to be, there is nothing you can do about it. besides, have instincts never taught you dat there are questions you don't just ask? *Leaves thread*

sorry if that offends you, just wanted to know your view.

So tell me if you have some relics at home, which of the saints they belong to and what have been your experience using them in your prayers?

When next you are in church, ask the priest to show you the church's relic at the altar
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by damerry(m): 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2013
superior1:

Now you see?, you should thank me for that free info.
what is anti-catholic in exposing catholic traditions?
That's my post, there's Nothing to thank you for. Exposing catholic traditions is not anti-catholic, but criticizing our traditions calling it paganism, ( your post up there attest to this, if you like, modify it) demonic and not feeding readers of this topic with EVERY BIT OF INFORMATION about what veneration of relics entails makes you anti-catholic, what you obviously did here was to post images that could scare people off their faith, you said our veneration of relics is pagansim and since EVERY CATHOLIC ALTAR HAS A RELIC WHICH ATTEST TO PAGANISM (as you claimed) what becomes of our holy mass? you supported this with citations from the bible that condemn idolatry and paganism, dude always remember this THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST THE CHURCH OF GOD.
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by superior1: 8:44pm On Aug 09, 2013
damerry: That's my post, there's Nothing to thank you for. Exposing catholic traditions is not anti-catholic, but criticizing our traditions calling it paganism, ( your post up there attest to this, if you like, modify it) demonic and not feeding readers of this topic with EVERY BIT OF INFORMATION about what veneration of relics entails makes you anti-catholic, what you obviously did here was to post images that could scare people off their faith, you said our veneration of relics is pagansim and since EVERY CATHOLIC ALTAR HAS A RELIC WHICH ATTEST TO PAGANISM (as you claimed) what becomes of our holy mass? you supported this with citations from the bible that condemn idolatry and paganism, dude always remember this THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST THE CHURCH OF GOD.

But you didn't know every altar in catholic chapel has a relic until you came across this thread, ok, if you don't want to thank me, ba wahala
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by damerry(m): 8:51pm On Aug 09, 2013
superior1: .

sorry if that offends you, just wanted to know your view.

So tell me if you have some relics at home, which of the saints they belong to and what have been your experience using them in your prayers?

When next you are in church, ask the priest to show you the church's relic at the altar
Relics are not meant to be kept at home for selfish interests and desires, they are meant for veneration in churches, chapels and other religious arenas. I look forward to your next anti-catholic topic. I'm done here.
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by wordcat(m): 8:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
italo:

Where we do not fear but venerate the relics of our ancestors in the faith.

Where are you from? Where they fear bones?
;

Smh. Hope u've ur grand father's bone in ur house?
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
superior1:

But you didn't know every altar in catholic chapel has a relic until you came across this thread, ok, if you don't want to thank me, ba wahala

Where did you get this thrash from? Have you been to all catholic parishes to see their relics?
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by superior1: 9:05pm On Aug 09, 2013
chukwudi44:

Where did you get this thrash from? Have you been to all catholic parishes to see their relics?

What thrash can that be?
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by damerry(m): 9:12pm On Aug 09, 2013
superior1:

Thanks (it's not *every*, refer to my previous post). But it's obvious you created this topic to cause backslides in Faiths of the gullible faithfuls of catholicism, what reaction do u expect from a simpleton who had read your derogatory write up and post? What ecstasy do u derive from doing that? If u're a pastor elsewhere and you desire catholic apostates you're giving yourself a deceit, no hard feelings, we have to do what is right.
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by superior1: 9:27pm On Aug 09, 2013
In Roman Catholicism, some relics are considered incorruptible if after death a body is seen to be physically intact, generally seen as a sign that the individual is a saint.

One of such relic is the tongue of Anthony of Lisbon

Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by superior1: 9:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
That tongue (if really it is ) looks incorruptible, right?

Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by superior1: 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2013
The body of Saint Clare of Assisi, once, but no longer, said to be incorrupt by the Catholic Church.

Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by superior1: 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2013
A local Rosary association in Italy crawl with gift to “St. Philomena” in Our Lady of Grace Church in Mugnano cel Cardinale.

Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by superior1: 10:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
more on Philomena

Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by superior1: 10:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
Leviticus 19:4 ESV

Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves any gods of cast metal: I am the Lord your God.
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by superior1: 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2013
1 Corinthians 10:14

14 Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by superior1: 10:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
Isaiah 46:7

They lift it to their shoulders, they carry it, they set it in its place, and it stands there; it cannot move from its place. If one cries to it, it does not answer or save him from his trouble.
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by superior1: 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2013
Late Pope John Paul II beautified the Nazi-area Bishop in Croatia.

Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by damerry(m): 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2013
When the Roman Catholic Church recognized
incorruptibles, a body was not deemed
incorruptible if it had undergone an
embalming process or other means of
preserving the dead, or if it has become stiff,
as do all normal corpses, even when the
best preservation techniques are used
(though some artificially preserved bodies,
such as that of St Margaret of Cortona, were
recognized by as Incorruptibles by mistake
when records of their preservation were
lost.)2 Incorruptible saints are claimed to
remain completely flexible, as if they were
only sleeping. Besides, INCORRUPTIBILITY IS NO LONGER COUNTED AS A MIRACLE IN THE RECOGNITION OF A SAINT (i believe you saw this statement wherever you got this incorruptibility post from, but you however refused to include it in your post because it doesn't tally with what you trying to voice)
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by damerry(m): 10:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
superior1: 1 Corinthians 10:14

14 Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry
final word for superior1.. show me a catholic who worships those incorruptible bodies and i will show you an idol worshiper. The crawlings and other gestures in the above images are in line with tradition which was either used to HONOUR or CANONIZE. thats --NOT WORSHIP--. Please learn to accept defeat and stop providing alibis wink
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by superior1: 10:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
damerry: final word for superior1.. show me a catholic who worships those incorruptible bodies and i will show you an idol worshiper. The crawlings and other gestures in the above images are in line with tradition which was either used to HONOUR or CANONIZE. thats --NOT WORSHIP--. Please learn to accept defeat and stop providing alibis wink

Crawling is part of honour but not worship, right?
Point noted sir!
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by free2ryhme: 2:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
this is the height of idol worshiping

Jesus forgive them for they know not what they do embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by free2ryhme: 2:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
y dis guy dey follow me up and down like this

Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
Dumb azz, I spit on your thread
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
free2ryhme: y dis guy dey follow me up and down like this
stop acting like a child, he posted the link and I clicked to know what it is about.period how was I to know u were here Mumu
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by philfearon(m): 8:10am On Aug 17, 2013
And i wasted my time to come here......SUPERIOR,Watch out for your soul bro...Am not judging u,but with this attitude,you are on ur way to Destruction.......
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by superior1: 8:19am On Aug 17, 2013
philfearon: And i wasted my time to come here......SUPERIOR,Watch out for your soul bro...Am not judging u,but with this attitude,you are on ur way to Destruction.......

That is all you can say about your churches worship to dead bones
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by philfearon(m): 11:08am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

That is all you can say about your churches worship to dead bones
But none of ur write ups said "WORSHIP"..,.I only saw "VENERATE"...Why put Worship now?
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by brainpulse: 11:29am On Aug 17, 2013
This is the height and peak of IDOL worshiping. The devil's antics, he paints things to look as its real and from God to deceive those that are not led by the spirit of God. This is never the message of Christ, this is never what Christ told us to do. Surely this is not of God or from God, its pathetic, discouraging and disappointing.

1 Like

Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by brainpulse: 11:37am On Aug 17, 2013
philfearon:
But none of ur write ups said "WORSHIP"..,.I only saw "VENERATE"...Why put Worship now?

Why do people always find ways to accommodate and tolerate cornily things that are glaringly wrong to paint it as right.

You don't have to see it in the write-ups, what do you see in the pictures? See dictionary meaning of worship

]wor·ship
[wur-ship:

Show IPA noun, verb, wor·shiped, wor·ship·ing or ( especially British ) wor·shipped, wor·ship·ping.

noun
reverent honor and homage paid to an image, figure or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.

formal or ceremonious rendering of such honor and homage: They attended worship this morning.

adoring reverence or regard: excessive worship of business success.

the object of adoring reverence or regard.
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by italo: 11:37am On Aug 17, 2013
brainpulse: This is the height and peak of IDOL worshiping. The devil's antics, he paints things to look as its real and from God to deceive those that are not led by the spirit of God. This is never the message of Christ, this is never what Christ told us to do. Surely this is not of God or from God, its pathetic, discouraging and disappointing.

How is it idol worshipping?
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by philfearon(m): 11:42am On Aug 17, 2013
brainpulse:

Why do people always find ways to accommodate and tolerate cornily things that are glaringly wrong to paint it as right.

You don't have to see it in the write-ups, what do you see in the pictures? See dictionary meaning of worship

And ur church is?
Re: Catholism- Focus On Relics by brainpulse: 11:45am On Aug 17, 2013
italo:

How is it idol worshipping?

Am not interested in letting you see the truth because it is obvious from all your comments from the past three days, that you adored and will do anything and everything that will uphold your religious inclination even if not from the WORD of God and are based on man's originated doctrines and lies. Ask the spirit of God, remove religious blindness and go into the presence of the Lord in truth and in Spirit. Leave all this relics and etc it wont guarantee your Holiness and righteousness without which NO ONE shall see the LORD.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know / The Fornication Of Yahweh / Baptism Of The Holy Spirit. Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.