Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,357 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

What Is Wrong With Nigerian Government Websites? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is Wrong With Nigerian Government Websites? (520 Views)

Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law / Best And Worst Government Websites / The Ultimate Ugly Showcase Of Current Government Websites (2) (3) (4)

What Is Wrong With Nigerian Government Websites? by auwal87(m): 10:01am On Aug 08, 2013
I am trying to reach the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' website for some information, but all I can see is that the domain has been redirected to another website as a subdomain, or am I trying to access the wrong website? The address I entered was mfa.gov.ng Please let me know if they have any other address apart from that, if you don't know please ask your oga at the top before you reply!! grin

Seriously they need to get their acts right, how can a simple website can't be maintained in Nigeria?
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Government Websites? by auwal87(m): 10:03am On Aug 08, 2013
Ministry of Foreign Affairs is supposed to be a place where people can find investment opportunities in Nigeria, embassy contact addresses, visa information for several countries, and other wealth of information that can help people find out important information about Nigeria.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Government Websites? by yawatide(f): 1:01pm On Aug 08, 2013
Nigeria as a whole lacks a solid online presence strategy. It is one thing to have a website but another to know why you have that website and how to go about securing the site, managing the site and the site's relationship to other government websites.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Government Websites? by auwal87(m): 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
Nigeria as a whole lacks a solid online presence strategy. It is one thing to have a website but another to know why you have that website and how to go about securing the site, managing the site and the site's relationship to other government websites.

It is actually a shame that a country as new as South Sudan are better than Nigeria in managing their online presence very well.

Saharareporters' Website Hacked / Admin Nided Urgently And Will B Oaid Weekly 5k / Website Review

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8