Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,072 members, 7,814,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Did Adam And Eve Have Bellybuttons? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Adam And Eve Have Bellybuttons? (13477 Views)

Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? / Before The Advent Of Sin, Did Adam And Eve Know How To Procreate? / How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Adam And Eve Have Bellybuttons? by iamord(m): 8:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
Reiyvinn: This is a thought-provoking one!

Unfortunately some silly fellas here are just so daft enough to even claim that "God put it there" without any Scriptural backing or proof from Science!

Actually, the "Navel" (or belly button as you call it) is not just some design or whatever. It exists as a result of cut placenta which disintegrates with time. Navel CANNOT EXIST without the placent!

Since these "Holy" Books of Fairytales claim that Adam was moulded from sand, thus not being born, it is impossible for any of them to have a Navel. In other words, both Adam and Eve were KyleXYs.....

Mtchewww religion and its absurdities.

one of the few thinkers
Re: Did Adam And Eve Have Bellybuttons? by LordReed(m): 3:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
Reiyvinn: This is a thought-provoking one!

Unfortunately some silly fellas here are just so daft enough to even claim that "God put it there" without any Scriptural backing or proof from Science!

Actually, the "Navel" (or belly button as you call it) is not just some design or whatever. It exists as a result of cut placenta which disintegrates with time. Navel CANNOT EXIST without the placent!

Since these "Holy" Books of Fairytales claim that Adam was moulded from sand, thus not being born, it is impossible for any of them to have a Navel. In other words, both Adam and Eve were KyleXYs.....

Mtchewww religion and its absurdities.

Are you saying that if science develops techniques to create life from inanimate material it would be absurd?
Re: Did Adam And Eve Have Bellybuttons? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
LordReed:

Are you saying that if science develops techniques to create life from inanimate material it would be absurd?

"CREATE" life..... What utter drivel!

Science does not "CREATE" things as per "Out of the blues," Science DEVELOPS things... Life needs Life to Live.

I find it funny that many of us actually believe that Scientists intends to "create" life per se. It's just unthinkable. Talk about moulding up a human figurine and pumping oxygen gas into it. Science doesn't work that way.

If they be anything like cloning, it must undergo what babies undergo in the womb. And babies can't do with nutrition and babies can't take nutrition orally! Thus, a placenta must connect that little human to its source of nutrition.
Re: Did Adam And Eve Have Bellybuttons? by LordReed(m): 6:18am On Aug 08, 2014
Reiyvinn:

"CREATE" life..... What utter drivel!

Science does not "CREATE" things as per "Out of the blues," Science DEVELOPS things... Life needs Life to Live.

I find it funny that many of us actually believe that Scientists intends to "create" life per se. It's just unthinkable. Talk about moulding up a human figurine and pumping oxygen gas into it. Science doesn't work that way.

If they be anything like cloning, it must underg what babies undergo in the womb. And babies can't do with nutrition and babies can't take nutrition orally! Thus, a placenta must connect that little human to its source of nutrition.

Drivel? So from what does man come from if life needs life to live?

BTW I am shocked you would say scientists don't intend to create life when recently they created DNA components from non-traditional DNA material. I don't think it is a far fetched leap that someday they would create a living organism from non-living material.

1 Like

Re: Did Adam And Eve Have Bellybuttons? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
LordReed:

Drivel? So from what does man come from if life needs life to live?

BTW I am shocked you would say scientists don't intend to create life when recently they created DNA components from non-traditional DNA material. I don't think it is a far fetched leap that someday they would create a living organism from non-living material.

Sorry I didn't see the mention earlier.

Yes! Scientist don't intend to "CREATE" life. There is no "CREATION" in science. Everything has to do with change, development, which in a large scale is known as evolution.....

DNA was never "created" from NON-LIVING substances (check that info again, you'll see where you mis-read).

The Primary source and component of life, as found during experiment, is Amino Acid. Amino Acid cannot form life until it BECOMES life itself. And this takes processes, changes, adaptation, additions and so on (forgive the tautology).

Once you get that very point well registered, I'm sure you're smart enough to fill in the blank check.....

To hammer more nails to that coffin, see for yourself:

If life could be "CREATED" by scientists, would the Human be in adult stage already?

Impossible! The human anatomy is not configured to adjust that way. Circulatory system (even the N.S) is a gradual "learner" (permit that word). It must gradually adjust to circulation from a primary stage to a secondary stage before permanently perfecting it. That's where the Adamic theory fails. The Writer of the Genesis account looked upon the Human origin with a mythological eye, a common thing among ancient writers, and without knowledge on human anatomy just thought humans came into existence in the adult stage.... Even our organs prove evolution: CHANGE and DEVELOPMENT.

If Science intends to "CREATE" life, will they undergo the baby to adult development?

If science intends to do so, yes! This is a more plausible way of actually "creating" life without going against human anatomy.

But if so, how does the baby feed?

Orally? Impossible. Alimentary Canal won't have developed by then.

Via Placenta? Plausible And Natural! Which place way for a Navel.

Life has a Cycle. To "CREATE" life, that Cycle must not be interrupted.
Re: Did Adam And Eve Have Bellybuttons? by Weah96: 6:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
Every single Christian here has his own little interpretation of that Adam and Eve story. Very funny stuff. It appears that God isn't talking to anyone, otherwise there wouldn't be so much confusion.
Re: Did Adam And Eve Have Bellybuttons? by LordReed(m): 11:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Sorry I didn't see the mention earlier.

Yes! Scientist don't intend to "CREATE" life. There is no "CREATION" in science. Everything has to do with change, development, which in a large scale is known as evolution.....

DNA was never "created" from NON-LIVING substances (check that info again, you'll see where you mis-read).

The Primary source and component of life, as found during experiment, is Amino Acid. Amino Acid cannot form life until it BECOMES life itself. And this takes processes, changes, adaptation, additions and so on (forgive the tautology).

Once you get that very point well registered, I'm sure you're smart enough to fill in the blank check.....

To hammer more nails to that coffin, see for yourself:

If life could be "CREATED" by scientists, would the Human be in adult stage already?

Impossible! The human anatomy is not configured to adjust that way. Circulatory system (even the N.S) is a gradual "learner" (permit that word). It must gradually adjust to circulation from a primary stage to a secondary stage before permanently perfecting it. That's where the Adamic theory fails. The Writer of the Genesis account looked upon the Human origin with a mythological eye, a common thing among ancient writers, and without knowledge on human anatomy just thought humans came into existence in the adult stage.... Even our organs prove evolution: CHANGE and DEVELOPMENT.

If Science intends to "CREATE" life, will they undergo the baby to adult development?

If science intends to do so, yes! This is a more plausible way of actually "creating" life without going against human anatomy.

But if so, how does the baby feed?

Orally? Impossible. Alimentary Canal won't have developed by then.

Via Placenta? Plausible And Natural! Which place way for a Navel.

Life has a Cycle. To "CREATE" life, that Cycle must not be interrupted.

You seem to be misunderstanding a few things. I didn't say scientists created DNA I said they created DNA components. Secondly there is a difference between creating life and creating a human being. If scientists succeed in creating a multicellular organism from non living components then they have created life which does not require life to live.

Creating a human being without an umbilical cord may look like science fiction now but I have learnt not to say never.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Makes The "Ember" Months So Dangerous? / Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians / Why Does God Not Heal/help Like He Promised?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.