Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

The Begining Of The End;a Novella. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Begining Of The End;a Novella. (4344 Views)

Underneath The Veil (a Novella) / All I've Never Wanted... A Novella / **The Begining Of The End** My First Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 8:17pm On Aug 08, 2013
The chase has begun.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2013
Note:-The plot and characters employed in this story are purely a figment of the author's creative imagination.The story is simply a true life fiction and any resemblance whatsoever to persons or events living or dead are surely coincidental.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 8:25pm On Aug 08, 2013
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED:-No part of this story may be reproduced,stored or transmitted in any form without the prior permission of the author,neither will it be circulated in any form or style other than that used by the author.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 8:39pm On Aug 08, 2013
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:-First and foremost i want to thank the almighty God for his goodness and mercies.

I also wish to thank all those who in one way or the other motivated me,this includes the likes of yemi,chistar,neduzze et al.

I appreciate the founding fathers of this section and the Renowned writers of this section,flow1759,Mynd_44,HBG,DYGEASY,EZE,XYNERISE et al.You guys have served as a source of inspiration to me at one point or the other.

Thankyou to my esteemed prospective readers and critics.Your criticism is higly appreciated.

This wouldn't be complete without thanking ASUU nd absu for going on strike,that has led to the birth of this story.My phone and airtel simcard for being there for me!.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 8:42pm On Aug 08, 2013
DEDICATION:-THIS NOVELLA IS DEDICATED TO THOSE WHOSE NAMES WERE NOT MENTIONED ABOVE;AND TO MY AUDIENCE.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by yemi2plus(m): 8:42pm On Aug 08, 2013
Following
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by chistar01(m): 8:42pm On Aug 08, 2013
**following**
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by yemi2plus(m): 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2013
Chuksemi: This wouldn't be complete without thanking ASUU nd absu for going on strike,that has led to the birth of this story.My phone and airtel simcard for being there for me!.
story never start i don begin dey laugh

1 Like

Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 8:45pm On Aug 08, 2013
Author:-Primus Onyeneke.
Setting:-U.S.A.
Type:-Detective series.
Theme:-World cruelty.
THEN IT BEGINS!!!!
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Clemzy16(m): 8:53pm On Aug 08, 2013
"subscribing"

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 9:17pm On Aug 08, 2013
Date=21th/august/2019.
Time=0633am.
Place=Rochester,New york.

The room is well furnished,with a flat screen t.v,two couches,an air conditioner with an 18 inches bed,close to the bed,at the head to be precise,stands a small cupboard and on it sits an alarm clock.At the west wing the door is located,close to the door is a guitar like object which houses two drilling equipments.The room has only two windows placed at the east and south wings respectively,with curtains draping over them.One will hardly notice a small door strategically placed at the southern side of the room,this door leads to the adjourning kitchen and bathroom(which of course has a toilet in it).On the bed is a human like figure covered from head to toe with two blanckets.

GrRRRING,GRRRING,GRRRRING.The figure on the bed stirs and then stands up sharply as if he had been pricked by a probing pin.He quickly grabs the alarm at the head of the bed,hits the snooze button and then sits on the bed contemplating if he should go back to bed or not.Mr brown cleantemple is a short man with large eyes,chubby cheeks and an acquiline nose(a very wrong combo).He looks very friendly and is usually cheerful.He works in an advertising firm,had good neighbours and was planning to marry soon,what else could a man want?of course a larger house,he was going to get that as soon as possible.After what seemed like 5minutes to him,he decides to take his bath and prepare for the day.standing up from the bed,he moves quietly to the bathroom,takes off his cloth(that is only a boxer short)and moves into the tub.

6minutes later he was done,and was ready To leave the house.But he never left it!
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by jumzzy448: 9:18pm On Aug 08, 2013
Gladly following....
Hope it's gonna be d bomb?
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by chistar01(m): 9:23pm On Aug 08, 2013
Nice one. Try leave a space after each puntuation marks as it aids we the readers to read your writeup easily.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by jumzzy448: 9:30pm On Aug 08, 2013
Hmmmmmm......
Nice beginning but the update is too short.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Clemzy16(m): 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2013
"badt guy, see how yhu carry us go insyd the future"

"anyways, i agree with chistar. always try to leave a space after every comma. omitting such make the work conjoined and complex to read"

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 9:56pm On Aug 08, 2013
Date=21st august 2019.
Time=0715pm.
Place=Rochester,new york.

Cyndy greg drives into her estate with ease that clearly shows she has been doing it for years,after parking her bmw x5 carefully in the garage she thanksGOD for journey mercies.The day had not been an easy one,after meeting representatives of xerox company and the hours of price haggling with them,she was totally exhausted.She looked into her driver's mirror and smiles to herself,her peerz called her beautiful and she knew she was.Cyndy has orb eyes with a straight nose,her lips were full,nd her jawline was like a chisel.If she stood to her full height she may be mistaken for a mermaid,since her waist had the curve of an hour glass..this was further accompanied by two tower like bOsoms that had its nipples always erect.

It took her 10minutes to finish admiring herself and step down from the car.She scanned the estate and was pleased with what she saw,since the houses were arranged in the 4*4 order.It was easy for any one to locate a house and probably dislocate it too.She locked her car and hissed when the car made a sound to show it has been succesfully locked.walking stealthily to her house,cyndy kept swaying her hips and darting her eyes here and there.When she got to her door,put the key in the lock,out of impulse she quickly glanced at her neighbours house,his lights were off and that was unusual.Mr brown never left his off or was he not at home.she thought it best to check on him before going into her own flat.

On getting to his flat door,cyndy out of impulse again pressed her right ear on the door,she could hear voices,strange voices,not one,not two but three different strange voices.Was he entertaining visitors?if he was,why was his light turned off?well whatever he was doing was his business.She turned to go but something else caught her attention,a scream,yes a scream.She was sure she heard a scream,immediately she turned back to the door and called out to her neighbour but instead she heard muffled giggles.Now this had gotten out of hand,whatever game they were playing in there has gone beyond a laughing matter.Summoning up enough courage she hit the door and suprisingly it opened with ease,the whole place was stark dark,groping in the darkeness she found the light switch and turned it on!

What met her eyes was despicable.Mr brown cleantemple was hanging loosely from the a.c,his eyes gorged out,blood streaming freely from a thounsand and one openings on his body.He was dead.cyndy felt like running,she felt like dying,she felt like screaming,but she didnt do any of this,she just stood there,dazed and unable to move or speak untill.

Blackout,a club like object hit her,from where?it was unknown!
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 10:03pm On Aug 08, 2013
jumzzy448: Gladly following....
Hope it's gonna be d bomb?

I pray it will be! grin
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2013
chistar01: Nice one. Try leave a space after each puntuation marks as it aids we the readers to read your writeup easily.

Your criticism has been recieved and is being processed! cool
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by jumzzy448: 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2013
Wowwwwww
Ūя story is so captivating.....
Pls don't waste time in updating oo
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2013
Clemzy16: "badt guy, see how yhu carry us go insyd the future"

"anyways, i agree with chistar. always try to leave a space after every comma. omitting such make the work conjoined and complex to read"

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®

Will do as you guys have suggested!
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2013
jumzzy448: Wowwwwww
Ūя story is so captivating.....
Pls don't waste time in updating oo

I will try my best, but battery ish....
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 10:39pm On Aug 08, 2013
yemi2plus2:
story never start i don begin dey laugh

oga mi,i c u jare cheesy
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2013
It was 12:07am when cyndy woke up,it took her some minutes to figure out where she was, it clicked on her brain and the picture of Mr brown's dead body came back to her. Immediately she bolted out of the house with speed only likened to that of an angry cheetah. She kept running with no particular direction, her head hurt and even her waist bone but she took little or apparently no notice of it. She ran for about 30minutes before she suddenly stopped in her tracks, her heart beat had increased and her legs quaked, slowly turning back she knelt down and started barking like a dog. she moved to the middle of the road sat there and kept murmuring to herself oblivious of the fact that she was sitting at the middle of a major high way. Her clothes were not on her and she was naked.

sergeant Ron gabriel had left the station in anger that morning. He was not on night shift but his boss made him work extra hours without extra pay. If not for circumstances beyond his control he would have sued his boss, the man was an absolute pain in the neck and only God knew why he wasn't transferred yet. He hit the accelerator hard and kept his eyes on the road, He had to get home early, he was alreadyfeeling sleepy and that wasn't a good thing.

there was a tyre screech and excessive exhaustion of fumes,damn was he dreaming?He nearly hit that girl sitting on the road.what was she doing here anyway,cautiously sergeant ron stepped down from the car his left hand went instinctively to the re assuring feeling of his smith and wessons 38. tucked in his pants.

1 Like

Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 11:30pm On Aug 08, 2013
He had been in this kind of situation before and had gotten himself robbed so this time he was extra careful. As he stepped down from the official police siren fitted car, one would notice that Sergeant ron wasn't the typical police type.He was tall and lean but his facial features made up for all his other deficiencies for he was a handsome fellow.

sergeant ron leant his 6.1ft body on his car side with his left hand tucked into his pant pocket.

Hey,he called out to the girl sitting on the road naked.but she took no notice of him.

He walked closer to her and shouted again 'hey' this time she heard him as she turned towards his direction and said.

Hi

what are you doing there?serg ron asked her.

i'm feeding on dead bodies,wanna join me?she replied.

Her response shocked him,he quickly scanned the area and for the first time in seven years.serg ron was scared.But he took his time and went closer to her,dangling his gun in his left hand visibly so she can see it.

A closer view proved to serg ron what he had been suspecting,she was clearly a murderer and this was probably her first murder so she had suffered mental problems.

Whats Your name?he asked her

She looked at him again and instead of answering she simply said 'follow me'

serg ron watched as she stood up,dusted her behind and started moving south.He followed.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by jumzzy448: 11:42pm On Aug 08, 2013
You made mistake in some of Ūя spellings. U̶̲̥̅̊ wrote euen instead of even. Then you wrote dann
Dn't know if U̶̲̥̅̊ were trying to write than....
All the way gud story.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 11:59pm On Aug 08, 2013
They walked for about 50minutes and serg ron had began to wonder why he was even following her in the first place,maybe out of curiosity,he silently hoped that whatever she was going to show him better be worth while so he wouldn't have wasted his time.

Stop,she suddenly said.in front of an estate.

serg ron craned his neck to hear what else she was going to say.

i won't move further just go into the house on the left,sixth row,she said and smiled.

serg ron wanted to hand cuff her there and then but decided to play cool.'alright 'he said 'i will go in but you will come with me'.

No.they will eat me raw,she said and tears streamed freely from her eyes but she was smiling.

What a weird lady,serg ron thought but he said out loud,please come with me no body will touch you i promise.

you promise ?she asked him.

yes.serg ron re assured her.

Then follow me,she said.And she walked into the estate.

serg ron followed her,on getting to the 2nd door on the 6th row. She stopped and asked him to open the door.serg ron obliged and kicked the door open.

as they stepped in,the girl trailing Him.what serg ron saw was gruesome. there was blood every where and a human head was lying on the bed including other body parts scattered here and there.

He turned to handcuff the girl and declare her under arrest for murder when something caught his eyes.it was a piece of paper lying by the door side. Cautiously he went to pick it up.during training they had been taught to always approach things with caution.He had once neglected that rule and it cost him something very dear.

He got to the door,bent down and picked up the paper.He had planned to read it out loud but the content of the paper left him speechless.On the paper was written

"SERGEANT RON GABRIEL:I WILL COME FOR YOU:YOUR DEATH IS NIGH"

1 Like

Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 12:06am On Aug 09, 2013
forgive me!i had to type with my opera browser since my direct phone browser refused to open.

I will make up for it tomorrow.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 12:06am On Aug 09, 2013
jumzzy448: You made mistake in some of Ūя spellings. U̶̲̥̅̊ wrote euen instead of even. Then you wrote dann
Dn't know if U̶̲̥̅̊ were trying to write than....
All the way gud story.

Modified,thankyou ma,God bless you ma.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Clemzy16(m): 8:01am On Aug 09, 2013
" good morning chuck"

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by chistar01(m): 8:14am On Aug 09, 2013
Wow, nice!! Each post makes me want more! grin
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by MizSammy(f): 9:35am On Aug 09, 2013
chistar01: Wow, nice!! Each post makes me want more! grin
oga chistar brought me hear. Wonderful story chuksemi *following*
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 10:06am On Aug 09, 2013
Serg ron looked around the room immediately, darting his eyes left right and centre. He clutched the piece of paper tight as if the end to this mystery depended on it. Quietly he murmured expletives to himself and shouted....

"Any where you are, if you are in this room come out now and face me like a man"deep down he knew that declaration was half hearted as he was already wobbly. He was sure he could faint any moment, but he didn't show is fear so as not to frighten the girl who was still a prime suspect.

It would be forgiven that serg ron till this time hadn't noticed a small door at the southern part of the room.He looked at the girl again and saw her starring back at him with questions in her eyes.

"What is written on that paper?" she asked him.

"Nothing, don't worry all would be well" he found himself comforting her. Something was wrong with this picture and he knew it. He brought out his note pad and a pen ready to write down as much info as he could gather.

"What's your name?" he asked her.

"cyndy" Came the curt reply.

"cyndy who?"

"cyndy greg"

"Alright cyndy greg, you stay at?" he was writing the whole thing down. So there was need for her resident address. Atleast thats what he thought.

"I live here, the door before this one"

"bleep me, you stay in this estate?"

"yes, i do"

"so you know the dead man on that bed?"he asked her and as if on remote control he spat out of disgust.

"yes. His name was Mr brown cleantemple."

"Your house is it same as this?i mean in structure" he asked her.

"yes"

"okay cyndy, is there a place some one might hide?"

"No,yes,in the kitchen maybe"

"what the blimey?,there is a kitchen? He was suddenly alert,dropping his note pad and pen on the couch beside him,covered in blood. He quickly brought out his smith and wessons 38. He looked round the room again and then he saw another door at the southern part of the room.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Poetry Contest Sites 'round : / 12 Novels By America’s Bestselling Fiction Author Of All Time Find New Home / Which Book Really Teaches How To Build A Million Naira Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.