Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,409 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here (39886 Views)

Get That Flawless Look In 7days! / Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] / Patience Jonathan's "Stunning" Look In Pink Kaftan [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by SmashingM(f): 11:11am On Sep 06, 2013
Following
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by adorable29(f): 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
Uyi Iredia: This thread is bias for the ladies. Just saying.
Have you even looked through the thread or you jus want to comment? Anyway, ladies are to an extent more fashion enthusiasts hence fashion write ups generally tends to biased towards d ladies.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by idadaniel: 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hi Uzoo
Thanks this has been of tremendous help to me.
I'm a lady but tend to the boyish 'I dont care' type of dressing.
1. Please give combinations that are though tommish, yet sexy. (corporate nd casual)
2. Also, I want to look like a lady, What are the first things to get to make the cross (bearing in mind that its on a tight budget-student things)
Thanks.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by ceeplus(m): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
;DFollowing
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by NotNairalandi(m): 1:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
Me too
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Vicilo(m): 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
uzoo: Hello my
beautiful fashionistas,As a free lance personal stylist i will be
creating this thread for people who need advice, on what to wear to
work,weddings,engagement,parties any where really.

i will also be posting pictures of outfits that have been put together
by me to give you ideas on how to co-ordinate yours.That being said ,it
doesn't mean you have to run off all the time to the clothing store to
pick exactly what you see here...lol . You can ask for advice on how to
wear what you already have in your wardrobe and still look like a
million bucks.

Please feel free to buzz me on twitter or email through my blog
http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/ for any advice ,Remember
you don't have to be a super model or own an Oscar Delarenta dress to
look good in what you wear .You can be a size 2 or a size 22 and not
limit your self to a particular way of dressing.

End time tinz 8-) 8-) 8-)
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Flawlessdiva1(f): 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
kaze4blues: @uzoo, thanks for the insight.

How about rocking bow ties to interviews? Is it cool?

Will also like to know whether bow ties can be used on all occasions or certain occasions.

Thanks in advance

you do not Rock a bow tie to work not to talk of an Interview, you only wear it to cocktail parties.
I don't think it is also appropriate(maybe not cool) for church

2 Likes

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Cestmoi1(f): 10:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
Following.....
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Chiopatra: 8:01am On Sep 07, 2013
This thread just ended just like dat,and it is very interesting o.Uzo abeg na come finish am.plsSsss embarassed
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by maingwaest(f): 11:40am On Sep 07, 2013
Girl u re d best. Meanwhile I ll be atending a traditional wedding soon,how do I look traditional without dressing traditionl? Dress wise.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by maingwaest(f): 11:45am On Sep 07, 2013
C'est moi:
Following.....
. I no say I go c u here. U like better thing o. Meanwhile go bring dem ochon,kslip,GOM nd co from that other end, make them com learn how to dress o. Lol
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 10:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
OOOOOOO MMMMMMMMM GGGGGG! shocked shocked

i just logged in here and i can not believe my post made it to the front page .

Wow,thanks to all of you who have posted in here,sorry i've been away..i've been quite busy but i will try to come back with replies to your questions and more pictures. Cheers.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Cestmoi1(f): 12:28am On Sep 08, 2013
maingwaest: . I no say I go c u here. U like better thing o. Meanwhile go bring dem ochon,kslip,GOM nd co from that other end, make them com learn how to dress o. Lol
lmao.....na u sabi jor.hian!
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 12:55am On Sep 08, 2013
TrishaP: @uzoo pls ur twitter handle.

every info you need is on my profile here on nairaland , for the rest of the social networking sites please visit my blog.

@soledadd
You are welcome. smiley

@kaza4blues
Quite on the contrary ,Bow ties can be worn to any formal event , and that includes interviews. Quite a lot of people believe that the Bow tie is only meant to be worn for occassions and parties , this is not the case ,the Word here is ''TIE'' ,so whether its a bow tie or your traditional tie its still a tie.

Now having said this , you have to consider the suit when putting on a bow Tie to an Interview, i would rather you check what you have in your wardrobe to see that the suit is the right one for the Bow tie.

Here's a Tip.

For a small Bow tie (the ones that are not too wide ) you have to wear them with the type of jacket that has smaller Lapels.
And for a bold Bow tie with wider wings,a jacket with a wider Lapel will be best suited for it.

A bow tie often gives a more conservative look ,and this look is what you will find amongst people in the Academic circle ( Professors, Lecturers and the likes).

If you are on the bulky side i would advice you go for the second tip and for a slimmer neck sized male the first tip works well.

@Yield
I see you too smiley

@maingwaest
hmm... traditional weddings are all about Glam ,you can look as glamorous as you want with just a dress with or without the signature Traditional head gear. Quick question though, are you going for a western styled dress , or you are referring to skirts and blouses and dresses you would like to make by your self Using (laces,Ankara print, e.t.c).
in the mean time , i will come up with some suggestions ,while i wait for your answers

@idadaniel
Going for a Tom-boy look depends on 2 things , 50 percent is the Dress , and the other 50 percent is your mannerism.(the way you carry the dress on you) I could come up with a pair of cargo pants in army print (camou) with pockets all over as a casual look , but when you pair it on two different ladies.the interpretation will only come out the way they walk or sit in the pants,the way they carry their hair do in the same pants, the facial look e.t.c.
But since you are gradually trying to make the switch ,it should be easy.

i would appeal to you all to hang on till i can sort out my files and get back to you on pictures and co-ordinations.

thanks.

@Chiopatra
ha ha ..lol not to worry , i'm back.

@Flawless Diva
thanks. yes, you're also right, Bow ties can also be worn to cocktail parties, weddings etc.

@Uyi Iredia
You can take a look at the previous pages , i'v also done a post on how to style Male clothes and accessories. Feel free to ask any questions you have.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by informat101(f): 10:41am On Sep 08, 2013
U rock dear @op keep it up.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 1:49pm On Sep 08, 2013
RealJenny:
I'm in love with that white bag ♥_♥, do u sell them or they are just samples

No i don't sell them..lol the bag is from a social networking fashion site.You can visit my blog to find it there and then look for the title i created .The location and price of the bag will pop up on the right.

informat101: U rock dear @op keep it up.

Thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Spanishmario(m): 1:14am On Sep 09, 2013
Can I wear a coloured fancy shoe(wine) wiv a native attire
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by maykoolcom(f): 8:36am On Sep 09, 2013
Awesome ,thanks for sharing these fashion trends.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by krystal101(f): 11:06am On Sep 09, 2013
@ Uzoo lovely. I'm so following
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by idadaniel: 4:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
Thanks.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by LoveAmaka88(f): 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by IMAGEMasters: 4:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
smiley nice
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 10:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
Sorry guys , i have been so busy , and hardly had time to come on here for an update.Anyways thanks everyone for your appreciations and do remember that you can send in your questions here or through my twitter handle @P_A_T_W if you wish to remain anonymous.

So i was browsing through my old files and i just wanted to share this particular tip on how to dress A pear shaped figure.

HOW TO FLATTER YOUR PEAR SHAPE

A pear shaped woman or person is one that looks more like a triangle where the region around the waist,abdomen,hips and upper thighs have more of the weight or size of the person concentrated. Here the shoulders are more slender in size than the waist area, the bust region is lesser in size than the hip region and the legs are usually skinny or slightly equal in size with the arms and shoulders.

Tips.
When getting a pair of pants/trousers , try to get the ones that are straight cut or wide leg jeans/trousers,this will help to balance the areas around your hips and waist by giving you a flattering figure.

When putting on a top or blouse try to get them fitted around the waist to give an illusion of an hour glass figure.

For an hour glass figure do the same with the dress.

The picture below should be helpful in making the right decisions when going shopping for clothes.

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 10:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
CELEBRITIES THAT HAVE A PEAR SHAPED FIGURE.

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 10:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
Spanishmario: Can I wear a coloured fancy shoe(wine) wiv a native attire

By all means. smiley

Tip.
For a coloured shoe on a native attire like Ankara prints try not to keep every one dizzy by putting on a pair of shoe with prints as well ,like snake skin , leaopard print and the likes. Just keep it cool and simple with whatever colour you pick for your shoes(bright or bold).

For a coloured fancy shoe , i will advice you pick a simple pair of loafers (without lace) if the colours are really bright.

For a plain native like the brocade,Linen or even a plain lace fabric ,you can try doing a patent colour pair of shoe.

i've seen a guy in a pair of royal blue loafers and white brocade (Up and down, what the yoruba's call Buba and Shokoto). it was really cool because the white was plain (no prints) and what this did was to draw people's attention down wards to your shoes. wink
i think its a modern and stylish way to dress a native attire which usually leaves the guys with not many options when coordinating it.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Yvete(f): 2:15am On Sep 20, 2013
@ Uzoo: Tried leaving a comment on your blog (on Elasta QP) and you wanted me to use google, twitter, etc. I suggest you leave it open to anonymous commenters like moi! grin
I think you have really good content on fashion, hair, beauty, etc ... make it a lil more visually appealing smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 11:43am On Sep 20, 2013
@Yvete
Thanks for visiting the blog smiley

lol..@ ''you wanted me to use google,twitter''

sorry dear its not me, i'm on GOOGLE+ profile and this only allows comments on my blog to be posted using an account.Its the GOOGLE PLUS profile rules and restrictions and you can see why here https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/3007761?hl=en&ref_topic=3007636

regarding making my blog ''visually appealing '' i assume you are referring to the quality of the images,I often do apologise to my readers when i cant get a clear shot of the images for some of my Posts,So Yes ,i am aware of that and still contemplating on replacing my casio 14.2 mega pixel camera.Its just been 5 months since i started it so i see it as a work in progress. Mind you Its a blog , something i do as a hubby ,documenting and sharing my thoughts and opinions on things that i find interesting and not a full time fashion editorial Mag. smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Spanishmario(m): 7:14am On Sep 24, 2013
Wat colour of blazer can I wear on a black trouser. Am chocolate in complexion nd kindoff an introvert...
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 8:13pm On Sep 24, 2013
Spanishmario: Wat colour of blazer can I wear on a black trouser. Am chocolate in complexion nd kindoff an introvert...

I take it that you already have a shirt or inner wear in mind to pair the Pants with the blazer.

Below is a picture of colours of blazers you can wear with your black trousers(pants)

For the a relaxed look or what i would call an unassuming look (since you said you're an ''introvert'') try the picture of Joseph Gordon-Levitt in the middle (that is the grey blazer with a metallic undertone, here it looks like a tweed blazer and may not be appropriate for a hot weather like ours) ,this should be perfect with a stripe T-shirt or plain T-shirt and your black pair of pants).

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Spanishmario(m): 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
uzoo:

I take it that you already have a shirt or inner wear in mind to pair the Pants with the blazer.

Below is a picture of colours of blazers you can wear with your black trousers(pants)

For the a relaxed look or what i would call an unassuming look (since you said you're an ''introvert'') try the picture of Joseph Gordon-Levitt in the middle (that is the grey blazer with a metallic undertone, here it looks like a tweed blazer and may not be appropriate for a hot weather like ours) ,this should be perfect with a stripe T-shirt or plain T-shirt and your black pair of pants).
dia wasn't any picture...y nt jst give me colours...fenkz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet / Learn Make Up Artistry For Free Here / Different Types Of Barbers You Will See In Nigeria. - Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.