Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,450 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested (15281 Views)

PDP Is In Coma With No Doctor, Only ‘Nurse Metuh’ Is Treating It – Senate Leader / WHO, Boko Haram’s Doctor Arrested / Fake Doctor Arrested In Niger After Operating For 3 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by citizenisb: 1:40am On Aug 09, 2013
By KINGSLEY OMONOBI
ABUJA—The Joint Task Force, JTF, implementing the state of emergency imposed on Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states, has arrested a medical doctor (names with-held) in Borno State, who is the medical consultant to the terrorist group. He is at the same time a consultant with the World Health Organization (WHO).
Vanguard gathered from reliable security sources that the arrest of the medical doctor followed a tip-off that the terrorists had a well organized mobile medical facility with which wounded insurgents are treated.

The international connection of the medical doctor was, however, brought to the fore when suddenly, the international human rights watch dog, Amnesty International, sent its officials to investigate the circumstances surrounding the arrest of the supposedly WHO consultant.

“In fact, what gave him out was his suit case containing sophisticated medical equipment with which he provided diagnostic services to the terrorists”, the source said.

Disclosing how the doctor was arrested, the source said: “A truck suspected to be carrying insurgents and IEDS as well as other dangerous weapons was stopped at a check point but it sped off. Unknown to the truck’s driver and other occupants of the truck, there was another checkpoint which had been alerted of their coming. When the truck got to that checkpoint, the security operatives fired at it while the occupants ran into the bush.

“When the truck was searched, various types of IEDS, AK 47 rifles and other bomb-making materials were found. Also found was a suit case containing medical equipment. After some time, when the doctor felt the Special Forces had left, he came back to retrieve his suit case but was ambushed and arrested”.

The source added that “immediately the doctor was arrested, Amnesty International was calling the military authorities alleging that an innocent doctor has been arrested by the JTF forces and that he should be released because of his human rights, though the military authorities are not moved by their plea”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/who-boko-harams-doctor-arrested/
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by citizenisb: 1:41am On Aug 09, 2013
In another development, Vanguard gathered that the recent attack at Government Secondary School, near Potiskum in Yobe State during which 29 students and a teacher were killed, was the fallout of the arrest of a lawyer with alleged links with the sect.

Vanguard gathered that the lawyer (names with-held), was the one who always provided legal services for suspected Boko Haram terrorists each time they were arrested and he was said to be an ideological/ intellectual contributor to their activities in Yobe State.

Following his arrest by JTF forces, the lawyer allegedly said, “So you have arrested me. Let me warn you that this town will know no peace until I am released”.

The source said that two days after, the secondary school near Potiskum was attacked and the children (students) slaughtered”.

After the massacre of the children, neighbours living in the area said they heard the terrorists shouting “Allahu Akbar, yes we have taken revenge for his arrest”.

The source said: “The most horrifying aspect of the students’ killing was that they asked the students, both boys and girls to pull off their dresses, and any student found with pubic hair on his or her private parts, was not only shot and killed, they also used axes or machetes to cut off their legs from their body”.
Both the medical doctor and the lawyer are however said to be in custody of the JTF
forces and would not be released until investigations into their alleged connivance with the terrorists are concluded and they are prosecuted”.

1 Like

Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by citizenisb: 2:09am On Aug 09, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/news/jtf-arrests-radical-lawyer-doctor-in-borno-yobe/

Operatives of the Joint Task Force are detaining two professionals, a medical doctor and a lawyer, allegedly for their roles in the prevailing violence in the area.

The authorities of the Defence Headquarters are silent on the issues that culminated in the arrest of the doctor and the lawyer.

It was gathered that while the doctor was arrested in Maiduguri, Borno State, the lawyer is said to be a prominent defender of the ideology and activities of the insurgents in Potiskum, Yobe’s largest city.

Investigation revealed that the doctor, who is being held in a JTF detention centre, was believed to have links with the World Health Organisation and other international non- government organisations.

A highly placed source in the JTF said the doctor was arrested while riding with suspected Boko Haram members in a pickup van, which was carrying Improvised Explosive Devices, several AK 47 Assault riffles and other dangerous weapons.

It was gathered that the driver and the other occupants refused to stop at a JTF road block and abandoned the truck after engaging the security agents in a gun duel.

It was learnt that the doctor, suspected to me a medical expert to the sect, was caught while attempting to retrieve a forgotten laptop in the van several hours after the incident.

The vehicle was said to be under watch by operatives of the JTF.

But the doctor was said to have told his interrogators that he was doing some work with the World Bank and had to board the pickup van belonging to the terror suspects when he had issues with his car.

Security operatives have dismissed the explanation given by the doctor as untenable, arguing that a doctor, who had issues with his car, could not have been riding with terror suspects in a car loaded with explosives, guns and other dangerous weapons.

It was further leant that several non-governmental organisations, including international human rights body, the Amnesty International, had visited the Defence Headquarters, Abuja, in relation with the arrest of the doctor.

Apart from the shocking arrest of the doctor, the JTF in Yobe is holding a “highly placed lawyer” in Potiskum for suspected act of terrorism.

The lawyer was said to have been arrested and detained as a result of intelligence report that he was aiding terrorism and had always appeared for the insurgents in court.

Security operatives are said to have established some links between the lawyer and the killing of a teacher and 29 students of the Government Secondary School, on July 5.

It was learnt that the lawyer was said to have threatened that Potiskum would not know peace until he was released.

A security operative stated that the school students were killed on the second night of his alleged threat that there would be vengeance for his arrest.

1 Like

Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by Ekpekus(m): 2:37am On Aug 09, 2013
What could have prompted him to do this? Probably threat to life, cos I don't think it is money.
God help us
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by donMecuzy: 5:16am On Aug 09, 2013
Arrest Everybody Linked To Bokoharam, No Matter The Professionals,

After All Those Kids Killed by. Bokoharam, Do u Know Wat They Would Have Become in d Future

8 Likes

Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by 3ace(m): 6:02am On Aug 09, 2013
It seems the medical doctor is a foreigner considering international agencies' clamour for his release. They should allow JTF to do their job joor. Anybody who aids a terrorist in his operation is also a terrorist. It is not until you kill. Most terrorist organizations are very organized. Their delegation of responsibilities is superb. They will surely have doctors to treat them, engineers who prepare bombs, mechanics who fix their cars when they are faulty e.t.c. All these is just to make sure that their security and confidentiality are not compromised by employing the services of outsiders. The issue of the arrested lawyer is what I don't understand. When you arrest a Boko boy and you charge him to court, ofcourse a lawyer must represent him since this is not a military regime. Wo, awon loro won ye joor. Just continue flush them out.

1 Like

Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by 3ace(m): 6:21am On Aug 09, 2013
“The most horrifying
aspect of the students’ killing was that they
asked the students, both boys and girls to
pull off their dresses, and any student
found with pubic hair on his or her private
parts, was not only shot and killed, they
also used axes or machetes to cut off their
legs from their body”.
Oh my God! These people are callous o. May you all burn in hell!

4 Likes

Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by Mynameisd1: 6:25am On Aug 09, 2013
How can we be sure BH doesn't have intl support,i mean who would've thought they'lld come dis far, more chaos abeg
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by samuelkaykay(m): 6:37am On Aug 09, 2013
After an annoying period this news has provided with the much needed joy and relief.At least there is progress.
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by Omexonomy: 7:06am On Aug 09, 2013
How come all these story when my fellow nigerians from south west are saying that the fed gov are doing nothing about terrorism.
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by BedLam: 7:30am On Aug 09, 2013
AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL! that rogue and biased organization! Rubbish. I wonder when we will stop yielding to such ANTI AFRICAN rogues.
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by omiobo: 7:37am On Aug 09, 2013
Omexonomy: How come all these story when my fellow nigerians from south west are saying that the fed gov are doing nothing about terrorism.
Cant we have peaceful discussion on this thread? Why always making every thread tribal one?

2 Likes

Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by Bobandgreat: 7:42am On Aug 09, 2013
We will never know peace until the Ayotallah here is arrested.
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by mrking3(m): 8:10am On Aug 09, 2013
Yes!!! We don't give a poo! Even if †ђξ arrested Doctor is a Representative of †ђξ UN! His explanation is faulty and Baseless!!! And why would Amnesty Int'l send such a high profile person to that Region at this point in Time that Terrorism has taken hold of that Area? He must face †ђξ Law!! GBAM!

1 Like

Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by ojubi(m): 8:12am On Aug 09, 2013
Boko haram using the products of western education?

How else can one describe hypocrisy?

7 Likes

Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by Tsmooth1(m): 8:33am On Aug 09, 2013
What is wrong with treating BH suspect, it is his constitutional right to freedom of life and nobody shld deprive him of dat. *Anybody weh abuse me, God go punish him family*

Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by Youngzedd(m): 8:49am On Aug 09, 2013
Fish them out.
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by champy(m): 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2013
Why
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by Dygeasy(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2013
T-smooth:
What is wrong with treating BH suspect, it is his constitutional right to freedom of life and nobody shld deprive him of dat. *Anybody weh abuse me, God go punish him family*
You Are Sick.

7 Likes

Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by tareigns(m): 12:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
In other news....am in love with my boo nd i no go place another 1 above.
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 09, 2013
Why
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
Post has exploded

1 Like

Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 09, 2013
Anyone with terrorist links should be shot on sight and lets deal with the aftermath later on.

5 Likes

Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by ednut1(m): 12:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
Who no knw say the west dey involved for dis BH ish, world politics is twisted and evil
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by ceejay80s(m): 12:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
No need to withhold the name, we know say na aboki doctor
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by moshoodn(m): 12:39pm On Aug 09, 2013
BULLS AND BEARS .
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by DisGuy: 12:41pm On Aug 09, 2013
The lawyer was said to have been arrested and detained as a result of intelligence report that he was aiding terrorism and had always appeared for the insurgents in court

doesnt make sense one bit! so all those bokos in abuja court should have their lawyers arrested too

WHOSE court? that means the judge should also be arrested!
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by habiolah(m): 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
I thought they said he is a doctor, he is supposed to be an intellectual now; which kain flimsy excuse he dey give: 'my car spoil, I had to bla bla bla' dem no slap hin face make hin eye clear.
Having understood his involvement, Amnesty international should just shut up and leave him to face the Law: abi na wetin dem send am to dey do be dat?
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by dabrake(m): 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
Arsene Wenger Out
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by moshoodn(m): 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
gboss4sure: Anyone with terrorist links should be shot on sight and lets deal with the aftermath later on.
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by kingthreat(m): 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2013
Intellectuals now joining forces with terrorists
Re: WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested by PENMIGHT(m): 12:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
There are BH in GEJ govt, BH in the Military, BH in the Police Force, BH in the cycles of Governors and Senators. Now claims of BH in WHO, AMNESTY INT'L. BH even in the COURT of LAW.

This trend is disturbing. But one thing is certain -the Government and International communities are only glossing over the true identity of BH and the Panacea to end the menace.

All are co-conspirators or, at best, beneficiary partners.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Nigerian Navy Have Battleship? / Ngige: I Don’t Have Interest In Anambra Governorship For Now / 2023: Governor Mohammed Warns Bauchi People Against Electing Non-Indigenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.